Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not matter what LE calls a case...they can still do an investigation. I do not see absolute proof of a crime as yet but there is enough to warrant investigating it as such, which they clearly are. Jmo

I guarantee a crime has been committed. We have a missing child. Dead. Abducted. Kidnapped. Hidden. Be it whatever it is, there has been a crime committed. By who? Not sure yet.

My question was to the attorney on this site, and it was specifically, would there be a benefit to LE to NOT announce this as a criminal investigation?

To my way of thinking, most papers are tabloids these days - but the Sun is regulated under UK law and is a proper newspaper, it gets the perks of being a newspaper in Britain and everywhere else that it posts.

I absolutely agree, the Sun is unquestionably reliable MSM, outside of its gossip columns (natch).

In the beginning of Gannon missing, his father made a statement about "using the streetlight" method for when Gannon needs to be home if he's out visiting friends. He states that that came and went and he began to text all Gannon's friends to see if he was there or if they knew where he could be.
Nowhere have I seen that TS texted his friends or notified the neighbors that he was missing or asked for help in finding him. Why not? Why wait for his father to do this?

Because TS said she doesn't know the names of Gannon's friends. :rolleyes:

Hi, this has probably been answered, I'm from Missouri so I don't know anything about the ground in that part of Colorado. Can you easily dig hole? Rocky? Frozen? Thanks!

No, they say it's awful

Some family members were at the home on 2/5 when D.A. Day May and the crime lab unit were there. I remember seeing a video with AS leaving.
Jason Gruenauer on Twitter

Yes, and I distinctly remember reading that family members left in advance of Dan May's arrival at the house.

So, the family was out of the house by the time he got there…obviously, the DA didn't want them there while he was gathering information from LE at the scene.

JMO.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Does Colorado let cameras in the courtroom?

"That's a negative, Ghost Rider."

No cameras allowed in Colorado courtrooms.

As many of us learned to our chagrin during the recent trial of Patrick Frazee for the murder of Kelsey Berreth.

The judge in that case didn't even allow a sketch artist in the courtroom.

No recording devices, period.

Reporters couldn't even report on the case anywhere on courthouse grounds…they had to run across the street when the court was in recess.

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and I distinctly remember reading that family members left in advance of Dan May's arrival at the house.

So, the family was out of the house by the time he got there…obviously, the DA didn't want them there while he was gathering information from LE at the scene.

JMO.
I’d give annnnyyything to know what he was looking at/for

I believe it was changed to 'Endangered' because GS has a medical condition that requires daily medication and he is without his medication.

I believe the decision to reclassify GS as endangered missing was two-fold.

It's was earlier clarified that after his dad reported that GS was without his prescription medication, he was upgraded to endangered missing. As endangered missing, we also learned that this classification provides for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and FBI to get involved.

More recently, after SM's second release of information to the public via a written statement to media (following her backside TV interview), the PIO made a comment to media that essentially made it clear that it was not LE that classified GS as a runaway but that he was reported to them as a runaway. (Personally -- I took this as calling out SM).

FBI now involved in ongoing search for missing 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy

True. But we don’t know that they stayed there. They also may have given an EPO to the family.
Maybe what looked like the family occupying the house was really LE interviewing them extensively, especially the little sister. They could have wanted her to be able to tell what happened where, and it was more useful with a child that age to do it right where it happened.
JMO, pure speculation, and I still think it seems weird that there were clearly people in the house after dark (which we know because of the yelling incident in the garage).

Thank you for your assistance in driving home my point. This is an international website, and I think some times the legal issues relative to an investigation, criminal investigation, and the reasons LE do the things they do in the United States often differs from other countries.

Since I see you are an attorney, would you like to elaborate on why you think LE has yet to determine this a criminal investigation? Is there some investigative benefit to NOT doing so?

They clearly have determined this is a criminal investigation and are clearly conducting one. They’re super tight lipped about everything and in this day and age of social media detectives and gossips it’s probably even more important that they are that way. Don’t you think?

I think if TS had really been kicked out of her house by LE then she would have included that in her interview.

She went out of her way to tell everyone how her rights were violated, LE wouldn't let her leave, wouldn't let her go to the bathroom, handcuffed her daughter and pulled a gun on her and would not allow her to talk to a lawyer despite several requests.

Yet she doesn't mention anything about them kicking her out of her own house? I can't imagine why she would leave that out.

Imo

If I recall correctly, I thought TS stated she was asked to leave -- but to me --the implication was that GS's bio mom was staying at the house (as a guest of dad and/or her husband), and TS was not welcome there.

MOO

I’d give annnnyyything to know what he was looking at/for

I think DA May went to the home because he probably wanted to visually assess the strength of whatever evidence LE found there, and to assess how much additional evidence his office would likely need in order to build a criminal case that would cross the threshold of reasonable doubt.

JMO.

Last edited:
I feel so bad for the whole family. LH must be very distraught at this time. I can’t imagine how she is keeping it together in a time like this. I’d be so desperate and angry and a million other emotions. It would be hard to put on a game “face” in such an awful position. I’d want LE to throw the *book* at whoever is responsible for GS’s disappearance.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member