Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they are going to search again today afterall.

"Law enforcement officers returned Thursday to southern Douglas County to resume their search for Gannon Stauch, an 11-year-old Colorado Springs boy who has been missing for more than three weeks.
The search led by the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has been hampered but not halted by deep snow on 35 acres in the foothills west of Larkspur, , sheriff’s spokeswoman Jacqueline Kirby said."

Gannon Stauch case: Search resumes in southern Douglas county

I have no idea how they can find anyone in deep snow. Awful.

A bunker?

I don't think they'd sift for that (they could use various kinds of sonar, available through a couple of universities nearby).

I think it's something smaller.

But if there were a bunker, could a child survive without someone supplying him, in such cold, for more than 3 weeks? I guess LE would know if, for example, camping equipment was missing from the house (she'd have had to bring sleeping bags). I wouldn't even type that if this story didn't have such weird twists and turns.

BBM

Interesting. No search at the moment, but are investigating. Hmmmm....

jmo
Yeah. Regardless of what the truth is, it’s clear that they are focusing on that same area.

Either people are searching, or law enforcement is investigating. It conveys one indisputable thing: That location is incredibly important.

I just drove by the search area. No activity there today. The mobile command unit is gone from the staging area. The only thing remaining is the portable cell tower. There were no new footprints in the snow at the search area.

I also drove up Spruce Mt. Road to see if maybe they moved over there but didn’t see anything.

So then where did this come from?

“The snow makes things more challenging, but its not going to stop us from searching,” Kirby said. “Until the investigation dictates otherwise, we’re going to continue to search on that property.”

Gannon Stauch case: Search resumes in southern Douglas county for missing boy

I’ so confused

Her quote was days ago.

I don’t understand-if they are not actively searching, why won’t they allow groups like Texas Equusearch participate?

I suppose I already know the answer, because it’s an active investigation-but there is soooo much ground to cover. Unless they know where Gannon is, I see no reason (aside from money/resources) why they wouldn’t be checking every possibility, every day, or allowing other search agencies do so.

using the idea that perhaps they are (or were) searching for a cellphone/fitbit some type of electronic.. would there be a reason why LE would need to locate the physical electronic and would not be able to find the info needed (texts/gps) thru the carrier ?

imo moo

I just drove by the search area. No activity there today. The mobile command unit is gone from the staging area. The only thing remaining is the portable cell tower. There were no new footprints in the snow at the search area.

I also drove up Spruce Mt. Road to see if maybe they moved over there but didn’t see anything.
Ha! Thank you @Silverheels :) Who needs reporters!!!!

As always, thank you for this info.

Maybe they are interviewing people who live around there? That might account for a few LEO there but not a full blown search?

I have no clue if there are houses or what nearby so I’m just spitballing.
Great thought, perhaps house close by with more video cameras. We can only hope someo n.v e has seen something and did not realize what they saw.

If Gannon returned home with SM and did indeed get out the other side of the truck, what did stepsister and little sister say about seeing him the rest of the day? Would they have been home from school/ work between this time and the time he allegedly left for the friends house and/ or was picked up or went out the side gate with the mystery person?

I would like to hear whether or not the younger daughter saw Gannon when she got home from school. And I don't understand why stepmom placed the time gone missing from 3:15 to 4 pm if little sis was already home, how she could say she was the last to see him, if sis were at home, how would she know? There's just so much missing, I tend to stay back and kind of watch.

I think SM had to pick a reasonable time Gannon "went missing" and leave plenty of options open. Since he supposedly went to visit a friend first, she had to pick a time when a friend would be home from school, but early enough she could say he must have left before little sister got home. Leave a big enough chunk of time so it sounds like she wasn't really paying attention to the time and also make it harder to track down a specific time to check security footage in the neighborhood. But I have so many thoughts on all the statements made that contradict other statements and theories.

Her quote was days ago.

I don’t understand-if they are not actively searching, why won’t they allow groups like Texas Equusearch participate?

I suppose I already know the answer, because it’s an active investigation-but there is soooo much ground to cover. Unless they know where Gannon is, I see no reason (aside from money/resources) why they wouldn’t be checking every possibility, every day, or allowing other search agencies do so.

There aren’t many groups like TES and such groups are spread extremely thin with limited resources. So even if LE asked for help searching it would be unlikely they would be able to come.

Thank you for this. You are so on top of this story, you should apply for a press pass!

A reporter also just tweeted that she has confirmed no active searches today.

Ashley Franco (@AshleyKKTV) | Twitter

Tons of rumors today, though (all kinds). The presidential visit is causing a lot of attention on CS and so many Gannon supporters are tweeting to the president, or trying to, and the comments are out of hand. It'll die down tomorrow, I guess.

Maybe they are interviewing people who live around there? That might account for a few LEO there but not a full blown search?

I have no clue if there are houses or what nearby so I’m just spitballing.
I think that’s the most likely scenario. They may be gathering potential witness statements and/or video from homeowners in the area.

If they are searching up there, it’s because SM was likely there at some point. They’d want to gather everything they can on her activity and movements.

I don't think they'd sift for that (they could use various kinds of sonar, available through a couple of universities nearby).

I think it's something smaller.

But if there were a bunker, could a child survive without someone supplying him, in such cold, for more than 3 weeks? I guess LE would know if, for example, camping equipment was missing from the house (she'd have had to bring sleeping bags). I wouldn't even type that if this story didn't have such weird twists and turns.

Aren't "bunkers" underground ???

I think it's really a stretch to prognosticate that someone (someone affiliated with TS no less) has built a bunker to stash Gannon. Where are people getting all this talk of "bunkers" and "captors"?!?

I’ve been a member here since the Savanna Greywind case but only posted a little during the Chad Isaak case so I hope I get this right.
***HUGE SPECULATION*** The mention of a bunker got me thinking (and I’m grasping at any possibility where Gannon is still alive). WHAT IF the stuff LS was loading into the truck was stuff she was “dropping off” with GS that he would need while he’s gone? I realize this idea is probably full of more holes than Swiss cheese. And LS doesn’t seem the type to be concerned about comfort...but...it would mean he’s alive....somewhere....
MOO JMO

I think SM had to pick a reasonable time Gannon "went missing" and leave plenty of options open. Since he supposedly went to visit a friend first, she had to pick a time when a friend would be home from school, but early enough she could say he must have left before little sister got home.
RSBM
Not arguing or downing this thought but wondering out loud, how could she account for his friend being home from school already but not the sister? I mean, it could be anything especially since I think she’s lying about the “friend” and didn’t even know his “name”
*insert eye roll*

Her quote was days ago.

At least four professional volunteer search and rescue groups have been assisting all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member