Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the Denver Post usually has great reporting and diligent journalists. This may have been a blip, but as the only remaining “broadsheet” newspaper left of two (RIP Rocky Mountain News) they are generally above board on their reporting.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think Fox31 in Denver was the station that leaked the CCTV video and opened the floodgates. Amongst the local TV stations they are generally more sensational in their reporting, a la Geraldo Riviera back in the day.

jmo
Actually it was another news source that showed the footage just before it was shown by Fox. The reporter said due to some very good reporting, they were able to uncover new information in the case. Those aren't the exact words but he said he went around knocking on doors and interviewing neighbors, and many did not want to talk about the case but some did say there had been a lot of conflict between TS and LH. He then went on to say that one of the people he interviewed shared the video footage with him. Then about an hour later, Fox reported on it.

Imo

I always wondered about a partial release of the video considering it was right on the heals of an announcement that the police have asked that it not be released. I think it was like the very next day that the partial video was released. JMO

True,
That was the big take away for me from her TV interview.
She was never gonna be helping find him at all.
I lost interest in her then.
Her shoulders looked powerful and strong enough to have great strength was my inane analysis. I couldn't stop watching her left shoulder movements, all pent up.. JMO
Gym bunny for sure. Fits the narcissist profile.

Your spot will be warm and the coffee kept hot and the whiskey available for when and if it is needed..as always.
And we have donuts, eclairs and muffins too, eh @crhedBngr ?

Absolutely!

I'm back and forth between this thread and midterm preparation, but I'll try to get Everyone's daily dose of treats.

I like Gannon's nickname "G-Man".

JMVHO.

Probably already addressed ..

From LS statement she released in her defence

Again, I repeat they have had this Initially and I was asked to keep quiet about it so they could have the best shot at doing their job and bringing G home.

Just another indicator ... if she was asked to keep quiet about it as a best shot, why is she going against LE's experienced advice and request if she really cares more about bringing Gannon home more than her own image?

On another note, while strangers may do so, I would never reduce my child to one little initial ... his name would always be Gannon, or yes even fondly called by his nickname G-Man.
Because TS only cares about herself, and shes a lying, liar, who lies. The truth is not in her!!! That's been clear since day one!

Snipped

On the 20th, Mynatt confirmed a small search in an undisclosed area of Douglas County.

Mynatt said on the 19th that the investigation was still progressing, and that search efforts could ramp back up at any time based on where the investigation leads them.

Kirby said that there are several people working the case that as of the 18th, haven't had a day off since Gannon went missing

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 3 weeks

Snipped

On the 20th, Mynatt confirmed a small search in an undisclosed area of Douglas County.

Mynatt said on the 19th that the investigation was still progressing, and that search efforts could ramp back up at any time based on where the investigation leads them.

Kirby said that there are several people working the case that as of the 18th, haven't had a day off since Gannon went missing

These brave, determined people. I hope they've got all the support and love and guidance they need.

Snipped

What the neighbor had to say in regards to the video, and law enforcement’s reaction to it:

11 News reporter Catherine Silver: "And then detectives came out pretty quickly?"
Drayton: "They came out and looked at my camera."
Silver: "What did they tell you?"
Drayton: "That's the break they needed."

This of course jibes with the dad’s purported reaction to it.

disagree, I believe LE uses what they have to to cause someone to wiggle and feel uneasy just so they might react in a way they might not otherwise,IMO
My husband actually confirmed this on his end. He is law enforcement and he said since more video wasn't released by the neighbor is very telling, what was okayed to be released. imo, LE see what a big mouth she has and knew it would have her rambling a little more.

What you are referring to is a “cell tower dump.” From researching this in previous cases, it does happen a lot.

It will show LE all the phones that were connected to a particular tower, at a certain time period.

I’m not sure it would be helpful here, as if SM’s phone was on, they could just request the records for her phone specifically.

As for the mobile cell tower, I think that’s simply for law enforcement to communicate. I don’t think there’s anything else going on with that.
I do know that there are devices available that act as cellular towers and cause any cellphone in the area to disconnect from the normal towers and connect to the LE device acting like a tower. If this LE device is outside TS motel room then it allows for LE to determine what cell phones are being used in the area and could help identify any "burner" phones being used by TS. takes a bit of sorting through numbers but eventually her new phone may be identified.

I made a timeline of EPCSO Facebook updates. EPC Sheriff's Office
This made it easier for me to determine when certain things were mentioned (like misinformation on social media being a hindrance to the investigation, for example). There's also a clear pattern to the updates (in my opinion) and that makes it easy to see the dates when they deviate from the norm.

1/28/2020 at 1:15 PM
Can you help us find this runaway last seen in his home between 3:15pm-4pm in Lorson Ranch? (The post was edited at some point, after they reviewed video, to say that he was not last seen at the *advertiser censored* & Go, as previously indicated)

1/29/2020 at 1:31 AM
Can you help us find this runaway last seen 1/27/2020 in his home between 3:15pm-4pm in Lorson Ranch?

1/30/2020 at 8:01 PM
  • EPCSO tip line is 719-520-6666
  • Misinformation being put on social media is an absolute hindrance because it takes away precious resources to follow up on false narratives
  • Shared a new missing poster that was created by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
GANNON STAUCH
NCMEC: 1380792
Missing Since: January 27, 2020
Missing From: Colorado Springs, CO
DOB: September 29, 2008
Age Now: 11
Sex: Male
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 4’9”
Weight: 90 lbs.

Both photos shown are of Gannon. He was last seen at home on January 27, 2020. Gannon was last seen wearing a blue jacket, blue jeans, and tennis shoes.

1/31/2020 at 6:03 PM
Taking applications for citizen volunteers in the search for Gannon (and provided a link to application)

2/2/2020 at 6:38 PM
  • At approximately 2:00 pm, the decision was made to move Incident Command to the Sheriff’s Office Training Facility, across the street from the El Paso County Jail, at 2743 E Las Vegas Street, based on information gathered during the investigation
  • 50+ people are assisting in search efforts and will continue today as long as there is daylight
  • 134 received tips to date
  • Tips may be called into tip line at 719-520-6666 or emailed to tips@elpasoco.com
  • Continue to vet and follow-up on every lead
Partners in today's search efforts include:
FBI CARD
Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
El Paso County SAR
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Salvation Army
Emergency Incident Support
Army 4th Engineer Battalion (100% non-duty volunteer status)
National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (100% non-duty volunteer status)

2/3/2020 at 8:38 PM
  • EPCSO and partners continued their search efforts in the area of 2743 E Las Vegas Street and that was completed at approximately 2:00 pm
  • Will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads
  • For the past 3 days, we’ve had over 2,400 hours of manpower put into the search efforts, which included our Mounted Unit, SAR canines, and aerial coverage with drones
  • For the past 7 days, we’ve had over 1,860 hours of Investigations Division investigation hours
  • EPCSO has received 164 tips to date

Added/new partners include:
VOAD (Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster)
Flight for Life (searching purposes only)

2/4/2020 at 9:27 PM
  • Investigation and search processes will continue to run parallel with one another
  • Misinformation being spread on social media is a hindrance to the investigation and adds additional burden to the family
  • Any information prematurely released, and is not directly released from the EPCSO, is not a credible source
  • Pertinent information will be put out as the investigation allows
  • Through the course of the investigation, will follow up on leads and tips until they are exhausted
  • Even the smallest piece of information may prove valuable and could consist of things as simple as anyone remembering suspicious vehicles or people they saw in or around the area on the date of this incident
  • Follow our social media but do not use it as a tool to report tips or information about the case
  • EPCSO has received 184 tips to date

2/5/2020 at 7:41 PM
  • EPCSO has received 231 tips to date
  • DA Dan May being seen at Stauch home does not change the ongoing efforts in the search for Gannon
  • Our priority remains bringing Gannon home safely
  • The Crime Lab will be present at the home for the next few days as evidence is collected and processed
Fremont County Sheriff’s Office SAR
Fountain Police Department
Colorado Springs Police Department
El Paso County Public Works
Douglas County Sheriff’s Office SAR

2/6/2020 at 7:22 PM
  • Continued search is focused in the area of Lorson Ranch
  • Over 100 volunteer partners, 4 mounted unit members, and 3 SAR canines assisted in today’s efforts
  • Part of this investigation led us to search this area initially on February 1st and this secondary search was conducted with additional equipment and technology we did not have previously
  • EPCSO has received 280 tips to date
4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office
Army (multiple units – volunteers)
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
Colorado Springs Fire Department
FBI

2/7/2020 at 8:19 PM
  • Continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads
  • All leads and avenues are being explored
  • EPCSO has received 309 tips to date
Verizon Wireless

2/8/2020 at 9:31 PM
  • Continued searches are taking place in the Lorson Ranch area
  • Re-canvassed Gannon’s neighborhood and spoke with neighbors to ensure all residents have been interviewed
  • EPCSO has received 324 tips to date
  • Any pertinent information will be put out as the investigation allows and will continue to share even the smallest updates
  • Misinformation being spread on social media is a hindrance to the investigation and adds an unnecessary additional burden on family
  • Information prematurely released, and not released directly from the EPCSO, is not a credible source

2/9/2020 at 8:09 PM
  • EPCSO has received 339 tips to date
All other info was copied from prior day’s update

2/10/2020 at 6:00 PM

• EPCSO has received 385 tips to date
  • 2656 hours of investigative work has been done and 3600 staff hours put into the search efforts; this includes large scale searches in addition to smaller specific searches
  • Investigation remains active and fluid

2/11/2020 at 5:29 PM
If anyone feels they have information regarding the search for Gannon please call 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com

2/12/2020 at 11:24 PM
  • Continue to search specific areas and have over 130 trained individuals to include SAR, mounted, and K9s today
  • We have a pool of over 500 citizen volunteers who have been vetted for search efforts and will reach out to them as the need arises
  • We don’t anticipate needing more volunteers and will no longer be taking applications from citizens in the search for Gannon
  • EPCSO has received 442 tips to date

2/13/2020 at 8:36 PM
  • Continue to search specific areas and have over 80 trained individuals and specialized assets to include SAR, mounted, and K9’s assisting today
  • EPCSO has received 465 tips to date
  • Tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence, and video/phone/drone evidence
  • If you have info you feel is pertinent to Gannon’s case or his whereabouts, please call tip line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com, if you have not already done so
  • Please don’t send tips thru social media platforms as it slows down the investigative process and the timeliness in following up on the tip and/or lead

2/15/2020 at 6:08 PM
  • Continue to search specific areas and have over 100 trained individuals and specialized assets to include SAR, mounted, and K9’s assisting today
  • EPCSO has received 540 tips to date

2/16/2020 at 7:23 PM
  • Search efforts continued in Southern Douglas County with 82 people assisting including Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Douglas County SAR, Arapahoe County SAR, and El Paso SAR
  • EPCSO has received 555 tips to date

2/18/2020 at 5:05 PM
  • EPCSO continues to investigate the disappearance of Gannon Stauch
  • Absence of information provided to the public doesn’t mean investigation has slowed down
  • To date, there has been 637 tips received
  • Over 7000 hours of investigative work has been done by the sheriff’s office and the FBI
  • Over 8400 staff hours have been put into search efforts
  • Search efforts consist of utilizing drones, horses, and canines

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office SAR

Just an observation. I went back and looked at EPCSO update from 2 days ago (Tuesday 2/18). I know we’ve all paid attention to the agencies/partners involved and their roles. I think this is the first I’ve seen them broken down and listed under either Search or Investigation before. JMO
Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case

Probably doesn’t mean much, but it’s boosting my mental fatigue by focusing on the investigative efforts. To see Dan May’s office at the top of the list for one. Also the hours spent investigating almost match the search hours.

“To date there have been 637 tips received, over 7,000 hours of investigative work done by the Sheriff’s Office and the FBI; over 8,400 staff hours put into the search efforts

Just wanted to share that focusing on this is keeping my hope alive that we’ll soon see closure and justice for GANNON and those who love this sweet boy. Please bring him home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatWal