Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this post. I agree that his quick physical demise in one day is highly suspect. I also am not trying to give her a pass, just trying to consider all the possibilities so that I can consider what new facts/theories might stand out if it spiraled out of control impulsively vs. proceeding in a more calculated, long premeditated manner.

I think there’s an in between possibility of cascading events such that spontaneous events resulted in consequences (or fear of consequences) that may have triggered premeditated actions.

For instance, it doesn’t need to be the case that either he sustained a fatal injury due to abuse *or* he was drugged as some part of long-term premeditated plan. It could be more like a significant injury occurred as a result of abuse or negligence, panic ensued, and then a premeditated act followed, perhaps even including the use of drugs to make that part more manageable. I have no idea what happened, just saying it need not be an either/or scenario, there may be elements of both (or neither).

New to posting so I hope I do this right. I live in Maryland so I know nothing about the CO area but on Google Maps I do see a short back road that looks like it connects 83 and Roller Coaster Rd where there are self storage units (CubeSmart). Might be a stretch but just a thought.
I sure hope they have checked out all storage units, I'm almost sure they have, but you never know. Praying they find Gannon soon!

For those that feel like today feels different somehow, I don't mean to be a hope-dasher but it could be because today is 02.29, and it's been all over various news outlets for days, such things like 40 year olds having their 10th birthday, and other oddball "rare" things that happen on the 29th.

Like both Richard Ramirez and Aileen Wournos being born on this day. I mean, I'm not mathematician but really, what are the odds?

So, today being the 29th could factor into some of these feelings about today. Possibly.

jmo
WOW!!!
Be nice if they could add to the list TS getting arrested on this day approx 1 hour give or take after they find Gannon's body...!!

I think there’s an in between possibility of cascading events such that spontaneous events resulted in consequences (or fear of consequences) that may have triggered premeditated actions.

For instance, it doesn’t need to be the case that either he sustained a fatal injury due to abuse *or* he was drugged as some part of long-term premeditated plan. It could be more like a significant injury occurred as a result of abuse or negligence, panic ensued, and then a premeditated act followed, perhaps even including the use of drugs to make that part more manageable. I have no idea what happened, just saying it need not be an either/or scenario, there may be elements of both (or neither).
Absolutely. This is close to the way I look at it.

New to posting so I hope I do this right. I live in Maryland so I know nothing about the CO area but on Google Maps I do see a short back road that looks like it connects 83 and Roller Coaster Rd where there are self storage units (CubeSmart). Might be a stretch but just a thought.
Looking further into this, that self storage appears pretty far away from 105 so
I sure hope they have checked out all storage units, I'm almost sure they have, but you never know. Praying they find Gannon soon!
Agreed, and now that I look more it’s quite a ways away from 105.

I suppose it's possible that dogs have found cadaverine in the truck. Dogs can hit on the clothing or person of a person who has handled a corpse. The dogs in the McCann case hit on that bunny toy even after it was washed. That would be really damning evidence. Merely touching a dead body can leave cadaverine on a person, particularly their hands and upper body if they carried the body at all.

I guess we have two scenarios that could be at play. One is that TS took Gannon out of the truck (either harming him, abandoning him or killing him outright, but all outside the truck) or that he died in the truck. If he died in the truck of injuries inflicted the night before (or during a longer period), then it sure looks like TS knew he might die and she might have a body disposal problem, because she's out driving around northern CS and beyond for really odd reasons (with a dying child in the truck). Major league child neglect, but also murder if she inflicted the injuries ("it was an accident").

If she inflicted injuries before they left, then of course LE wants to thoroughly search for evidence (body fluids). It seems to me that maybe they found such evidence, as they have returned a few times. They would first have wanted to find the blood in the garage, since that's the obvious place to look, but I'm sure they used luminol in other places. Saliva testing uses a different process, they may have gone back to do that (if for example, they think Gannon slept in an unusual place that last night).

One thing I think is fairly certain is that so far, LE has not uncovered any evidence that Gannon returned after their shopping trip. It would change the whole face of the investigation and what they're doing day to day. There would be searches near the home (again) on the theory that maybe Gannon hopped the fence, or ninja-ed himself out of the truck under cover of darkness. TS would definitely be mentioning if she dropped him off at a friend's house (she says she has no clue which friend's house he went to). She is seen putting more than just Gannon into the truck and by now, LE knows what she took from the home.
If he died in the truck, he would likely evacuate his bowels. Resulting in a mess for TS to clean. Not much evidence of that, that I know of ....

MOO, I'm prepared for a brutal ending. I suspect 't' confidence comes from being certain LE will never find Gannon's body.

If there is ANY evidence that's been put out by MSM or LE specifically indicating that Gannon is alive and well, in the custody of someone, friend or foe, local or distant, I'd like to see it.
This was the situation in the Heather Elvis case. Still no body and the arrogance we saw in both of the perpetrators was, I believe, because they were confident she wouldn’t be found. However, in that case, it was a bait and lure scenario, therefore pretty clearly premeditated and they would have had a plan for Heather’s body. In Gannon’s case, she would not have been that organized. So her confidence might simply be a place she’s gone to in her head. However, she’s a knee jerker who’s explaining things no one has asked about so she’s plenty fearful. Tammy Moorer never appeared particularly fearful of Heather turning up again.

Just checking in this morning. I so hoped our boy would be found before another calendar page is turned. We've been given an extra day this month, please let him be found today.

You guys, a little story, please bear with me...

We have woods next to our home and my boys and all the neighborhood kids play there. Yesterday my baby, who would tell you he is NOT a baby (he's right - he's 7 - but my heart doesn't believe it), got hung up on part of a tree while working on their "fort". His snow pants were caught and he couldn't get loose and was clinging to a branch with his feet a few inches off the ground. His screams for help brought me running out of the house in short sleeves and slippers (in MN!). He needed help urgently and I could tell by the sound of his voice. Nothing could have kept me from getting to him. My 13 year old was farther back in the woods, but closer than me. I still got to him first.

I can't stand the thought of him screaming for help and not being able to get to him. This was minor and he probably wouldn't have been hurt badly if he had fallen, but he was scared. How dare someone take a child, hurt a child, keep a child from his mother when he's scared. I can't stand thinking of Gannon's last moments, but with effort I can turn my attention away from that horror and focus on something else. His mama doesn't have that luxury. I know she has hope right now, but when he is found, his final moments when he needed and wanted her and she didn't know are going to haunt her. Nothing that awful will ever happen to LS, even if the most awful of awful things are done to her (and I hope they are), she'll never suffer like LH.

My heart is breaking for that adorable boy and the people who love him.

I'm going back to catch up, but obviously I need to back away from this case. I just hope he's found today. Come home, baby boy.
Wowzers Rasberry, great post!!!!

Exactly! The previous staging area was a couple miles from the search location but it was easy to find, on the same road as the search location.

I’ll take another drive later. Hopefully we’ll get more detailed info before I go.

I agree that this search feels different but I’m not sure what that means. The one-day delay suggests it’s not urgent. The lack of info suggests they’re trying to keep it quiet. But the volunteer aspect suggests it’s not as critical.

I don’t know. It’s hard not to get disheartened. Every time I think like that, I’m reminded of just how torturous this is for LH and AS and everyone else who loves him.

I think the one day delay may mean they got extra information for something more focused. Most searches are by volunteers (I think all the SAR searchers in this case were volunteers). The military searchers, early on, were probably "on duty" but I bet if they do another military volunteer search, that most military rank and file can get permission from their command to go help if not directly involved in some other duty.

You've been so diligent, @Silverheels and we appreciate you so much. I just don't want you to get discouraged - I think they're going to find Gannon really soon and you are our eyes and ears on the ground. The area where they are searching makes sense and TS has practically led them there with her mention of a specific off-ramp, right? Despite TS's own panic and guilt, she may in fact unconsciously want Gannon to be found. I'm just really relieved they're not searching landfills.

It's a really big area to search, I don't think it's time to lose hope!

Being careful with wording is important here. Leigh Egan did not confirm SEEING the photo. She confirmed only that LS now claims the selfie was taken with Gannon’s phone. Which means absolutely zero, because in her previous statement, she said:

“There was also proof from my phone that we had taken a selfie in the truck in our driveway that was time stamped. We always send pictures to Albert when we are out and about or when he is away.”

Not only does she contradict herself, first saying it was her phone, now saying it was Gannon’s, but she also said in the driveway, yet now claiming she never backed into the driveway upon her return.

You can’t take a selfie with your own phone then claim it was taken on Gannon’s phone and have both be true. You can’t say you took a selfie in the driveway and it proves he returned home, but then also say you never backed into the driveway upon your return, and the security footage must be wrong. Both cannot be true.

I believe she made sure her dogs made movement in one area while she made movement in the other, in an attempt to make it look like two people were home.
Moo
Perception when I grow up I wanna be you. You nailed this post!

Another theory to throw out there: I have been a diehard in the "She's responsible for his death" camp. Still am, really.

But bearing in mind what we know now, I recently watched the infamous first video of TS again . Or actually just segments -- because I cannot stomach the whole childish, arrogant performance at once.

I somehow get the sense, watching and listening, that she possesses a bit of confidence. Along with someone here on the thread mentioning TS doping Gannon up, this morning this theory popped into my head...

Maybe someone else already posted similar ; if so I'm sorry to take up space on this galloping thread. But just what if she heavily sedated him and dropped him off, thinking sooner or later he'd come to and resurface? Get picked up, whatever. Her initial runaway story would make sense. All these subsequent fabrications would not have been needed. Just maybe the plot didn't follow her diagram?

IDK....It probably doesn't hold water. Where they're searching now is so far for a young boy to walk. what would have been the motivation? Unless to allow time for injuries to heal? or just to put all of her yucky guilt on him? You all can tear it apart. Have at it.

We're all here waiting for Gannon's heartbreaking story to unfold. It's all about him in the end.
@MontereyMama I believe your theory holds water! And now that you've shaken me out of my tunnel vision, I can see another possibility. Yours is more humane than the one I had. Thanks :)

I've tried to allow my thoughts to wander to the idea that he might be alive somewhere, but for me, it involves way too many mental gymnastics (and/or bad, made for tv movie plots, or a page out of the Papini handbook), and none of the theories explain why TS keeps lying, keeps changing her stories, and has been such an antagonistic, unkind witch toward Gannon's mom.

So, until the evidence says otherwise, I do believe she killed that boy, and disposed of him.
I’m inclined to agree, ma’am. Too many mental gymnastics is right. But can’t help holding out a little bit of hope. It’s what keeps us going.

How I’ve been dealing with these thoughts is to hope that, if he is no longer living, he was not conscious when whatever happened happened. With the neighbor describing him as looking sluggish when entering the truck and SM describing a very long drive with multiple stops, I’d prefer to imagine perhaps he was intentionally sedated before leaving the house, maybe even believed he was on his way to see a doctor, and lost consciousness in the car without realizing where things were headed. Of course, I hope he is somehow still living, but if he is not, this is how I deal with intrusive “what if” thoughts about his final moments. I can’t bear to imagine any other possible scenario.
Welcome zjz to WS!!!

Thunder dog, you are not the lone wolf, I am quite sure LE has her number, and since Nothing I say, will affect safety of Gannon, I feel relatively ok w/ speculating...my previous posts last night created a firestorm of protest, my apologies to all...I am a mother and grandmother, and LS is definitely not behaving as I would either before or after, but we have beaten that horse into the dust, and then some...I am not the least bit worried about the efforts of the Colorado LE team, nor questioning anyone... but let me pose this scenario...Faye Swetlik was videoed exiting her bus, w/in two hours, she was missing. We learned later, from the little details available to public, after autopsy, she was killed w/in 2 1/2 hours, the anguished 911 call from mom was very quickly acted on, dogs and search teams were relentless...she was found in the wooded area that had been Searched, placed there during the night, but apparently must have been in the apartment of her killer, someone w/ no criminal history... by all accounts, Faye’s family absolutely adored her...THAT was happening during the early days of Gannon’s disappearance. Now, just to remind everyone, not to let their guards down...what if Faye had a stepmother like this one, would things have been different?Doubtful, but what if there is someone like Coty Scott Taylor, who saw Gannon as a really great kid, but vulnerable...could happen...I have no doubt LE has not let up their focus on stepmom, I agree wholeheartedly w/ everyone, but I can tell you from personal experience w/ my abnormal sibling, if you put her in LS spot, I can easily see her doing most of the things, I can also see her covering up for things...I just don’t think she could get away w/ it this long....jmo, oh, edited, Faye was in her neighbor’s small apt, multiple basements in Lorson Ranch, larger houses, and most residents can’t have lived there long as it is relatively new development, hope this explains my distress...I have to choose between two options, reality that there is actually someone as dreadful as CA or someone like CSTaylor, neither is tolerable

I do think that we cannot discount this theory OR one that is similar.
However, the chances are likely , IMO, slim to none.
Faye's case was solved quickly.
This case would have been solved just as quickly if it happened here.
This neighborhood is full of homes with neighbors living in tight proximity to one another.
Many of these homes have video.
I know Faye was in an apt complex.. but.. I don't know if the building was fully rented and if technology was in use.
Does that mean it is impossible for GS to have been abducted?
No.
But.. the odds of that are dwindling by the hour.
JMO

The Palmer Lake Herald

The comments by the OP (KN-O) of the post being shared by the PLH are interesting.

ETA: The comments under the original post being shared, which you can view by clicking on the screenshot of the EPCSheriff tweet with the pics of Gannon. Not the comments under the PLH’s sharing of that post.

I’ll be over here tamping my heart back down from my throat and calming down my hopes because I can’t keep up with the roller coaster ride much longer.

Please please Gannon, come home today sweet boy. You are so very loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly