Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I don’t find these explanations likely, but I appreciate the thought exercise.

The last one you included threw me for a loop. It is super far fetched and unlikely, right? But I hadn’t considered that and I am trying to weigh it in my mind.

What if there is a relative or family friend out there who G did turn to? Maybe there is a blowup at the house and he somehow gets word out (while gaming with them or via his phone or social media or something) and someone volunteers to come rescue him.

G shows them bruises, cuts, discloses vomiting, diarrhea, anxiety and more. Now the person believes if they return Gannon, he will be given back to stepmom and that she may be so angry that he disappeared that she would put him through hell.

So let’s say the person decides to take a huge risk and hide Gannon. In super rare cases, we have seen family members and friends harbor kids because they believe the court system has misjudged the living arrangement and they take it into their own hands to go against the law to protect the child.

If the story was really movie-like, in the meantime, they could even be feeding LE tips that Gannon was being seriously abused and even giving them specifics (check this room, look for this object). In the hope TS will eventually be arrested and then they can feel assured G will not be put back in a situation like this.

That scenario is interesting to me. Mostly because it’s one of the only ones where G is alive and even has a protector. I can’t say I believe it’s a real possibility, but I do hope it turns out to be one of those rare unlikely exceptional cases where the truth is more bizarre than the theories. But unfortunately, I think it’s probably way too far fetched.

The only thing I like about it is he would be alive and it would explain why TS seems so sure he just went to hang out with friends and seems to think he could return and prove to everyone he is fine.

But no...after a minute of wishful thinking...I think they will find Gannon and it will be concluded TS was responsible for the circumstances that caused him to go missing.

I hear ya. As much as I want this to be a miracle story with a redeeming ending, I don’t reckon we are gonna get there.

But I do like the way you’re thinking. It’s smart to try to spin things on their heads and ask ourselves if the opposite of our lead idea could be true. And then to list out what things would need to be true for an alternative theory to be true. It helps spur conversation on and unearth new ideas to make sure we leave no rock unturned.

Just a general reminder for those who may have missed it on page 1 of every new thread:

MOD NOTE:
PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS PETCO, CANDLES/CARPETS, VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK, OR ANYTHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN PUBLISHED IN MSM OR LE STATEMENTS. IF YOU CAN’T PROVIDE A LINK THAT IS MSM OR LE, YOU CAN’T BRING IT HERE.

ALSO, IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS TO REQUEST/SOLICIT/DISCUSS PRIVATE MESSAGES.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUING EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel
CO - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

Can someone please remind me of when we talked about roller coaster rd before? I know it was recent and the irony of it. But why were discussing it?

I think I may have participated by saying Roller Coaster Road was very hilly and frequently traveled. However, I am familiar with the portion of RC that is south of Baptist Road and Hodgen Road, not north of 105. I see, by Google Maps, that there is at least one area that would fit my search criteria of 1) densely wooded area near the road 2) not overlooked by residences and 3) not on a frequently traveled road. I am personally familiar with that area. One thing I do guess, the further north you go in that area, the less traffic, as a rule.

This is the crux of the whole case right here. A parent/step-parent who is innocent, even if guilty of lax parenting which contributed to the disappearance of a child, would put/keep the child at the forefront, IMO. TS is neither publicly begging for Gannon's return in a meaningful way or remaining silent to protect the investigation. The glaring lack of unity with the bio-parents is another concern. Even if the relationships were historically difficult, people unite in these circumstances and again, put the concern for the child ahead of anything else.

TS has given us information which dovetails with the search locations. Now we know why these areas are of note to LE. I'm hoping EPCSD has solid information which could lead to an arrest, whether Gannon is found or not.
Bam!!
Bam!!!!

Will you all help me think this through?

I know sometimes we tend to develop elaborate ideas about what happened. Like it’s been suggested that maybe TS went out and purposefully bought poison or laced his drinks with eye drops or scouted disposal spots or dug a hole ahead of time. And to be fair, I sometimes think along the same lines. Like I was thinking she may have overdosed him on meds on purpose (still a possibility).

But I have been thinking today that when a female guardian is charged with a criminal act toward a child, in many cases (definitely not all), it is learned she was in an unhealthy place (mentally, emotionally) and more or less reaches a breaking point and does something impulsive to the kids.

As a result, I’ve been considering today whether it’s more likely that Gannon was legitimately sick or accidentally injured in an impulsive breakdown like this. But because of her unhealthy state, or possible resentment toward him, TS simply didn’t believe him that he needed medical attention. Or she feared involving medical staff (mandatory reporters of abuse) would turn bad for her. So maybe she didn’t set out to kill him, but failed to act to help him as his condition was worsening. Maybe she was telling herself he was faking.

But by the time she realized he needed help, her efforts to get meds were too little too late. She hoped the medicine would somehow turn things around and drove him around waiting to see if the meds would kick in. But maybe when they didn’t, he either died or went unconscious and she dumped him. Or she started to panic because she knew there was no scenario where she’d be able to avoid being held responsible for neglect or participation in the injury, so she made an in the moment decision to harm him (like dumping a sick kid off a cliff like someone mentioned).

To me, that is more likely than poison or her beating a child to death with a weapon. But I wanted to ask for your opinions, knowing that whatever we think is most likely, it doesn’t rule out that this case could also be an exception where the most unlikely things prove true.
Kinda like dumping an unwanted cat or dog off in the country somewhere along the long old red dirt rural roads around here. I think the people who do this justify their actions by persuading themselves: “It’s an animal, they can fend for themselves like animals have always done. Even if they can’t survive, at least I’ll never know.”

Way back in the day, way back, I remember a bunch of old country coon hunters sitting around a campfire saying - ‘even if I gotta take my poor old dog out from his misery, before I take him in the woods and shoot him in the head, I’m damn sure gonna feed him well first.’

I think I may have participated by saying Roller Coaster Road was very hilly and frequently traveled. However, I am familiar with the portion of RC that is south of Baptist Road and Hodgen Road, not north of 105. I see, by Google Maps, that there is at least one area that would fit my search criteria of 1) densely wooded area near the road 2) not overlooked by residences and 3) not on a frequently traveled road. I am personally familiar with that area. One thing I do guess, the further north you go in that area, the less traffic, as a rule.

I asked about it previously. It has caught my eye every time I scanned the maps of the area.

NEW INFO: @EPCSheriff focusing on this area east of Monument in the search for #GannonStauch. This is the location they were originally going to search Friday, but that was postponed.

We have a crew heading that way @KDVR

Rachel Skytta on Twitter

Someone just posted in the comments (with a picture).

Yes, a lot. The area around today’s staging area has some bare ground. The snow covered areas are maybe a few inches deep. We need the sun to come out today to speed the melt up.

The forecast for Larkspur tomorrow is for snow but for the other side of the Palmer Divide (CS), it’s for rain. Rain will speed up the melting. Hope that happens.
I was just going to ask if Palmer Lake is over that way ??
I hope LE/Searchers look there.

Hi this will be my first post but I’m a looooong time websleuth reader. I live in castle rock, CO so this case is very intriguing for me. I just have to ask, and thus may have all been discussed in prior threads, but has any information come out as to whether the stepmother has any history of child abuse, or domestic abuse? Has anyone posted information maybe obtained from her daughter or Gannons sister as to what their life at home was like? Has the father been interviewed as to anything any of the children have said regarding the way they are treated in his absence? Does he travel often? Could he somehow be behind Gannons disappearance? Was he aware of the recent health problems Gannon was supposedly having? I don’t understand why there is no information from anyone in the family about maybe over the top punishment of the kids by stepmom/mom, extra punishment aimed towards Gannon, etc. Any school records that might suggest he was abused... doctor visits? Did he miss school often? Has she had any record of past mental issues?

I'm not sure what we can sleuth about TS at this point (each day there seems to be more MSM information - such as her difficulties with licensing in SC). There's definitely more to her backstory, but I don't think any MSM has covered it yet. It's publicly available info, though. So in answer to your first question, the information is out there and a matter of public record, IUKWIM.

No information about what her daughter or Gannon's little sister have to say about events has been provided, except her daughter's on camera statements.

I'm sure Albert Stauch has been interviewed, but he has not spoken to the press directly that I know of. TS seems to imply or say that he does travel often. We are not privy to any investigative information about his statements to LE.

We don't know if he heard about Gannon's health problems. Since he was initially told that Gannon had run away (by TS), and since we know that she was asked to leave the family home sometime within a week of Gannon going missing, it's not clear that all the various health issues were communicated early on. TS's own statements about these issues have added new symptoms with each statement.

We aren't privy to school records, either. School records are protected under federal law, LE needs a subpoena, etc., etc.

“NEW INFO: @EPCSheriff focusing on this area east of Monument in the search for #GannonStauch. This is the location they were originally going to search Friday, but that was postponed. We have a crew heading that way @KDVR

12:55 PM · Feb 29, 2020 (local/MST)
Rachel Skytta on Twitter

Dear @inmyhumbleopinion,

Thank you so much for the satellite image and the information!

Today's search seems promising. I can only hope but it seems they are getting closer.

The Palmer Lake Herald
7 mins ·
Warning-the ongoing search for Gannon has resumed at 83 and Roller Coaster Rd. #findgannon #gannonstrong
The Palmer Lake Herald
Interesting comments when you click on the tweet picture or onto the name of the poster below the picture. It brings up different comments, assuming locals describing the location and resources being utilized.

Might give you more of a clue @Silverheels where they actually are?

And thank you so much for all your updates. I know your screen name is based on a Colorado legend....you too are legendary here.

I always see your screen name as Silver WHEELS, in my mind flags blazing from your vehicle, one saying WS to represent us here and of course a bigger flag blazing for GS.

New to posting so I hope I do this right. I live in Maryland so I know nothing about the CO area but on Google Maps I do see a short back road that looks like it connects 83 and Roller Coaster Rd where there are self storage units (CubeSmart). Might be a stretch but just a thought.
Interesting. Wonder if she Ubered there with hat on and a big hockey gear (or similar) bag to put in storage and then ubered back to wherever her car was (like an apartment parking lot).

See mention of possible rental car. Man, I hope they check out storage unit.

Last edited:
Interesting comments when you click on the tweet picture or onto the name of the poster below the picture. It brings up different comments, assuming locals describing the location and resources being utilized.

Might give you more of a clue @Silverheels where they actually are?

And thank you so much for all your updates. I know your screen name is based on a Colorado legend....you too are legendary here.

I always see your screen name as Silver WHEELS, in my mind flags blazing from your vehicle, one saying WS to represent us here and of course a bigger flag blazing for GS.

Dear DTPeke,

Wonderful post!

I love the Silver Wheels image you described in your post:
"I always see your screen name as Silver WHEELS, in my mind flags blazing from your vehicle, one saying WS to represent us here and of course a bigger flag blazing for GS."

Last edited:
Taking a little inspiration from some of you sleuthers. Thought it might stir up some new conversation. I am seeing some things repeatedly cited as fact in these threads that may not all be confirmed by anyone other than TS. I think it could be helpful to name those.

Feel free to add to my list or to pushback if you know of LE or a reliable source (not social media posers) that confirms these items.

-They went hiking the day they said they did.
-They went to Burger King.
-G was sick.
-G needed or received meds.
-They went shopping.
-They went to Play It Again or bike stores.
-G had his phone or switch in the truck ride.
-There was an accident that caused them to take an alternative route.
-They took a selfie after they got back.
-They got lost.

Also, we don’t know whether or not LE have the following:

-Any cadaver dog hits in the house, truck, or elsewhere
-Any recovered belongings
-Any testimony that confirms or challenges TS’ various timelines
-Any footage of TS & G in stores, parking lots
-Any receipts Or credit card records from gas stations or other locations where TS may have been
-Any pings from TS or G’s phones, Apple Watch, or game.
-Any sightings of them on roads by people or cameras
-Any vomit, blood, or evidence of diarrhea
-Any texts TS sent her own family or friends after the incident
-Any record of G’s pre-existing condition, doctor visits, or prescribed meds

What am I missing?

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom explains rental car as search for missing Colorado boy continues [EXCLUSIVE PART 2]

LOL

Rental Car

There has been some online speculation that Stauch rented a car on the day Gannon disappeared. Stauch claimed the majority of the accusations have come from people who “do not have the facts” of the case.

While she is not disputing that she rented a car, Stauch said she didn’t rent the car until Tuesday, January 28, the day after Gannon mysteriously disappeared.

That morning, Stauch said she picked up her husband at the Colorado Springs airport; both left the airport in the rental car, she claimed.

Stauch said, “the plan was to look for Gannon in a car he would not recognize.” Stauch added that they didn’t know if Gannon would hide from his family’s cars, thinking he was in trouble.

“Hey, if my son is scared of getting in trouble he may hide if he sees us. Not to mention it was economical and an easy way to pull in and out because we were going door to door.”

CrimeOnline viewed a Budget Rental receipt and confirmation number that indicated a white Kia Rio sedan was rented from the Colorado Springs airport at 8:50 a.m. on January 28, 2020, under Tecia Stauch’s name. The car was returned the following day at 1:20 p.m.

According to El Paso County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby, Gannon was initially listed as a runaway.

“At the time the call was made, the reporting party stated that he was a runaway, he did not return from a friend’s home, and so it was call typed as a runaway case,” Kirby told NBC 5.

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom explains rental car as search for missing Colorado boy continues [EXCLUSIVE PART 2]

LOL

Rental Car

There has been some online speculation that Stauch rented a car on the day Gannon disappeared. Stauch claimed the majority of the accusations have come from people who “do not have the facts” of the case.

While she is not disputing that she rented a car, Stauch said she didn’t rent the car until Tuesday, January 28, the day after Gannon mysteriously disappeared.

That morning, Stauch said she picked up her husband at the Colorado Springs airport; both left the airport in the rental car, she claimed.

Stauch said, “the plan was to look for Gannon in a car he would not recognize.” Stauch added that they didn’t know if Gannon would hide from his family’s cars, thinking he was in trouble.

“Hey, if my son is scared of getting in trouble he may hide if he sees us. Not to mention it was economical and an easy way to pull in and out because we were going door to door.”

CrimeOnline viewed a Budget Rental receipt and confirmation number that indicated a white Kia Rio sedan was rented from the Colorado Springs airport at 8:50 a.m. on January 28, 2020, under Tecia Stauch’s name. The car was returned the following day at 1:20 p.m.

According to El Paso County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby, Gannon was initially listed as a runaway.

“At the time the call was made, the reporting party stated that he was a runaway, he did not return from a friend’s home, and so it was call typed as a runaway case,” Kirby told NBC 5.
She claims the focus has been on following her GPS. Wonder if LE will confirm this.

Dear DTPeke,

Wonderful post!

I love the Silver Wheels image you described in your post:
"I always see your screen name as Silver WHEELS, in my mind flags blazing from your vehicle, one saying WS to represent us here and of course a bigger flag blazing for GS."
Thank you! :);)
Bracing myself for the day he is found and no doubt he will be. When Landen directly spoke to the detective at the first presser, saying you were the first person to give me hope in finding Gannon; I knew then the case would never go cold....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly