Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking the same thing. The only new element here is that AS is back in town and, allegedly, with her when they rented it.

Did she just convince him they needed another vehicle to outwit Gannon? Was he suspicious that she didn’t bring the VW or truck? Or was he the one who suggested renting it even so they could let bio mom use a vehicle? I know he won’t weigh in publicly, but we have a lot of blind spots here.

Yeah. We need more information in order to figure out what the hell she was really trying to do here.

My rule of thumb is that there is no innocent explanation for a single thing she did, and this served a nefarious purpose.

For those that feel like today feels different somehow, I don't mean to be a hope-dasher but it could be because today is 02.29, and it's been all over various news outlets for days, such things like 40 year olds having their 10th birthday, and other oddball "rare" things that happen on the 29th.

Like both Richard Ramirez and Aileen Wournos being born on this day. I mean, I'm not mathematician but really, what are the odds?

So, today being the 29th could factor into some of these feelings about today. Possibly.

jmo

I'm trying not to be too hopeful. I dreamt about the search last night. That's never happened to me before. Of course, I'm super involved in thinking about the case, who could not be worried about Gannon? I'm prepared for the worst possible news and now just want to get it over with.

Anyway, that more lonesome prairie-looking area where the search is being prepared today was in my dream Yesterday's hint that they were searching near a church prompted me to fall asleep thinking about body disposal. As much as I suspect TS, I do not think she's a sociopathic serial killer. In fact, I think she thinks she cared for Gannon. He "made her" do whatever she did. But she surely did not put him in a dumpster or a landfill. Surely, even in a panic, she sought a more decent site for his "burial." Lots of land, under starry starry skies.

Ok, so to me, Part 2 is nowhere near as interesting. I can see how the rental car part could be legit if she & AS picked it up and drove it around together and turned it in. But I have to wonder if that’s a cover for the other vehicles being unavailable. LE wouldn’t have had it by then, but were they off being cleaned? Was there a more sinister reason to rent other than not being recognized by G?

IMO. It was cold, he was missing overnight and would have been grateful to see his Dad’s big red truck. UNLESS... he watched it drive away leaving him in the mountains the day before.

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom explains rental car as search for missing Colorado boy continues [EXCLUSIVE PART 2]

LOL

Rental Car

There has been some online speculation that Stauch rented a car on the day Gannon disappeared. Stauch claimed the majority of the accusations have come from people who “do not have the facts” of the case.

While she is not disputing that she rented a car, Stauch said she didn’t rent the car until Tuesday, January 28, the day after Gannon mysteriously disappeared.

That morning, Stauch said she picked up her husband at the Colorado Springs airport; both left the airport in the rental car, she claimed.

Stauch said, “the plan was to look for Gannon in a car he would not recognize.” Stauch added that they didn’t know if Gannon would hide from his family’s cars, thinking he was in trouble.

“Hey, if my son is scared of getting in trouble he may hide if he sees us. Not to mention it was economical and an easy way to pull in and out because we were going door to door.”

CrimeOnline viewed a Budget Rental receipt and confirmation number that indicated a white Kia Rio sedan was rented from the Colorado Springs airport at 8:50 a.m. on January 28, 2020, under Tecia Stauch’s name. The car was returned the following day at 1:20 p.m.

According to El Paso County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby, Gannon was initially listed as a runaway.

“At the time the call was made, the reporting party stated that he was a runaway, he did not return from a friend’s home, and so it was call typed as a runaway case,” Kirby told NBC 5.

Someone thought they were very sneaky and would be able to go move a body, or further dispose of evidence before LE caught on that this wasn’t just a simple runaway case.

My blood is absolutely boiling right now. I don’t buy a single word of her reasoning for renting a car that she returned at lunch time the very next day!! Not a word! If her excuse had been that LE took possession of their cars, and she kept it for a longer amount of time, MAYBE. But this bs? No. She was up to something sinister once again. And I cannot fathom what bogus explanations she may have provided to AS during this time. It will be interesting to hear his testimony about what was said and where she claimed to go after dropping him off, or whatever happened for the 28 hours or so she rented a car.
BTW, renting a car when you have cars of your own with excellent gas mileage, which have NOT at this point been taken by le, per all the photos all over msm, is not economical or easy way to “pull in or out”. She’s just so FULL OF IT.
Moo

They’re searching it’s sides of Highway 105 near Peaceful Pines Rd which is about a mile west of highway 83.

A group of 5-6 are on the shoulder of the south side of the road. Where they’re searching, it’s bare ground. They have shovels.

A group of 10 are on Peaceful Pines north of 105. They’re searching right at the side of the dirt street in snow, using snow shovels and seen to be focused on a particular spot. This search area is basically in someone’s front yard. Hard to understand.

There are maybe a dozen cars at the staging area. I was able to easily find the search groups by following a reporter who was leaving the search area.

I haven’t been able to find more searchers in other areas.

I’ll try to take some pictures and post them when I get home (assuming I can figure out how).
Thank you!

fox21 news has a pic of searchers and you’re right, looks like like it is close to a house. Strange scene.

No innocent explanation. And also there could be truths and untruths in every statement. Maybe she told AS they needed the rental car to outwit Gavin, but maybe she used it to go visit and clean up another site while claiming to run some sort of errand or something. I don’t think LE was probably watching her too closely the day after since they seemed to believe he was a runaway at that point. Hope that rental does have a GPS. Or plates that got scanned by toll booths or something.

Yeah. We need more information in order to figure out what the hell she was really trying to do here.

My rule of thumb is that there is no innocent explanation for a single thing she did, and this served a nefarious purpose.

Last edited:
So.... she now has Gannon thinking like an operative instead of an 11 year old boy who would likely be relieved that his family had shown up in this happenstance location after he slept outside in the Colorado winter night.

Or is she saying he would be peeking out of the window of his hideout, see them, and think, “Whew, that was a close one”. While on the other hand, if they were in a rental and just happened to come across him with no info whatsoever on where he was, they could quick grab him because he wouldn’t see them coming.

I think we can all agree that it’s plausible she rented a car. But this story...come on.

“From my interview, I told them where I went. I’m sure they verified it with my watch. On top of that, my own Volskwagen car has Carnet in it. I think what they did what looked at anywhere where I might have went from the day before and after I went to the airport

Did she even drive her own car that we are aware of??
Well she says that vehivle does have GPS so maybe thats why she was using all these other vehicles??
Could she have done something with Gannon the day after he dissapeared??
Oh I'm all confuddled!!o_O:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

If he died in the truck, he would likely evacuate his bowels. Resulting in a mess for TS to clean. Not much evidence of that, that I know of ....

Well, why else does she mention him pooping in his pants? She states it was on Sunday (Sunday night?) but she's obviously trying to adjust the timeline to suit her purposes. Given that almost the only evidence we have in this case are statements by TS, I'm going to take her mention of Gannon evacuating his bowels as something that actually happened.

And she knows that LE knows this, hence her pre-splaining. That's part of her MO.

She claims the focus has been on following her GPS. Wonder if LE will confirm this.
Why rent from the airport though? Wasn’t there a closer rental to her house? they have ample cars.... why need another? If AS was flying home, he could have gotten the rental on his own without her. Sounds like she needed to be the one renting it for some reason... and I think it was to ask about a gps.

I didn't think of an ulcer. I only thought of something so painful preventing him from bending over and picking up his electronic device.
This is what’s so interesting about group discussions and our individual perceptions. I immediately thought of something more semi-natural such as appendicitis. Gannon seemed to be favoring his right side as I remember. I know it’s more prevalent in boys than girls. One of my sons had his rupture when he was fourteen. When he found out he was going to have emergency surgery because he had gangrene beginning to seep, he ripped the er iv out of his arm and ran past the nurses. To the parking lot, jumped into the car and locked it. With me and two doctors chasing him. Security had to break into the car to get him out because I’d left the keys in. I bawled like a baby, while doctors were pleading with him telling him he was going to die. My God, it’s a wonder I have any hair left. I remind him of that every one of his birthdays, Mother’s Day and Christmas.

I can see Gannon jumping out of a car and running for his life if he felt so endangered (eta: from her.)Possibly his last willful act upon this earth.

Last edited:
I didn't realize TS was exchanging exercise equipment for hockey equipment. If true, that is such a huge red flag. I am sure they have some blood or evidence on them. Hope LE has obtained and tested whatever it was she traded in!
This brings me to another thought-- exercise equipment, example-free weights.
UGH--I don't even want to think what I am thinking but while looking at the google map regarding the search areas, there are a few lakes-Parker Lake being within that vicinity along with a camping resort area.

Weights plus lake= TS feeling confident that he will not be found.

I hate to even type or think this but that is where my mind is today with the searches and talk of the exercise equipment.

I
“Hey, if my son is scared of getting in trouble he may hide if he sees us. Not to mention it was economical and an easy way to pull in and out because we were going door to door.”

The first part is weird, but I suppose there is something to that argument. The second part is completely unnecessary, and an effort to oversell why she rented that car.

What I want to know is what the person who rented that car has to say, and what questions she asked this person.

“Does this car have GPS?”
I think any child who runs away might be afraid of what their parent will do when they find them. However, I don’t think any parent would rent a car to look for their child. I would want my child to recognize our car, in case my child is tired or hungry or scared! She is something else!
What I really think is that LE were either searching their vehicles or impounding them or she had some sinister reason. Maybe washing one and getting it detailed?
She likely returned it because AS wasn’t paying the bill when he told her to leave.
I agree Mass Guy, why does she overstate everything?
Is she trying to convince all of us? Because we already know that LE has the true answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper