Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what happened to Gannon and no particular theory. This case is strange.

I also don’t have a need to give her passes or the benefit of the doubt re: possible stress, unhealthy mental status, etc. She has been obstinately and arrogantly deceptive from the get go, and not once, it appears, has any empathy for Gannon, or his suffering parents, kicked in to override her self-preserving behaviors. In fact, a lot of things are Gannon’s fault if we listen to her carefully.

I’ve said in previous threads that I don’t necessarily see her as the crazed rage-fueled psychopath chasing Gannon around the garage with a cleaver, or spiking his orange juice with a deadly substance, or whatever. On the other hand, I also would not be surprised if we learn that she committed a callous murder. People with this little compassion for a child gone missing, particularly on their watch, who aren’t focused on the welfare on the child and actively doing something meaningful to contribute to finding him, are, in my view, potentially capable of anything.

Yes, I think it’s possible that something escalated, perhaps only in her own mind and emotional world, and Gannon was on the receiving end of abuse or neglect. And then....

But it’s the ‘and then’ part that I can’t reconcile. I can understand ‘losing it’, I can understand (as in intellectually grasp it) causing harm, or engaging in dismissive behavior regarding an unfolding medical event, etc. But I’m having a hard time believing that a child who could smile while hiking the previous day, had no known acute illness, was not laboring under a chronic condition (as in daily distress and debilitation), just suddenly became very ill with the symptoms she describes. And even if he did, that’s when the both of you stay home and he receives care. And Dad and Mom are both notified that Gannon is sick. None of that happened. We’ve heard nothing from Gannon’s parents about an unfolding acute ailment of flu or escalation of any chronic gastrointestinal problem.

So I don’t know what or how or why. But I think she is angry and callous enough, and her deception is deep and wide enough, that this could range from an ‘oops’ in the most disturbing sense, to something more sinister. I don’t profess to have insight into the details. However, I’m comfortable in concluding that he’s where she put him for selfish purposes that exceed panic at failing as a stressed or self-absorbed caretaker. Her resentment toward his mother, toward Gannon himself, and her crass remarks about him his symptoms and carrying a his own bag for any vomiting he might have, while she drove around, allegedly did (nonsense) shopping, and just happened to get lost where there’s now an evidence/body search, is not (merely) a panic response. I believe it’s an extension of thought and behavior that was present before she needed a disposal site. People don’t just wake up one day lacking empathy to this degree, are not suddenly this confused about basic honesty and personal integrity, and didn’t just one morning develop the ability to sustain such a cruel deception for over a month about a missing child’s status and location. JMO

Thanks for this post. I agree that his quick physical demise in one day is highly suspect. I also am not trying to give her a pass, just trying to consider all the possibilities so that I can consider what new facts/theories might stand out if it spiraled out of control impulsively vs. proceeding in a more calculated, long premeditated manner.

I agree he was probably out of it and agree that was an unusual response to not try to retrieve his device. I can, however, think of reasons he might not have that don’t suggest being drugged. Like what if his hands were full and that’s why he dropped it in the first place? And when things got unbalanced he started to lose hold of everything he had in hand so he didn’t immediately bend down to get the item bc he was trying not to drop additional items (like a phone)? I think he could be drugged or sluggish tho. Just not sure we can tell conclusively from surveillance footage.

IMO..
A kids most prized possession is their electronic devices.. and I do believe it has been discussed that he would often sit in the truck and play on his Nintendo Switch. Of course, I have no proof or anything stating that it was this device in particular.. but, my gut says so.
I am in agreement that it isn't possible for us to know exactly what was happening with him at that moment, be it physical . mental.. etc.
BUT..if we take the word of a neighbor, that really has no gain from lying about what HE saw...then it does all tie together as far as there being something quite unusual about GS demeanor.
The neighbor had seen GS playing outside often.. he knew what GS looked lie, how he acted.. what was normal.. what was not.
I know there have been some raised eyebrows about the account from this person, BUT..
I believe him and I believe that he could tell that there was something very wrong.

AMOO

Will you all help me think this through?

I know sometimes we tend to develop elaborate ideas about what happened. Like it’s been suggested that maybe TS went out and purposefully bought poison or laced his drinks with eye drops or scouted disposal spots or dug a hole ahead of time. And to be fair, I sometimes think along the same lines. Like I was thinking she may have overdosed him on meds on purpose (still a possibility).

But I have been thinking today that when a female guardian is charged with a criminal act toward a child, in many cases (definitely not all), it is learned she was in an unhealthy place (mentally, emotionally) and more or less reaches a breaking point and does something impulsive to the kids.

As a result, I’ve been considering today whether it’s more likely that Gannon was legitimately sick or accidentally injured in an impulsive breakdown like this. But because of her unhealthy state, or possible resentment toward him, TS simply didn’t believe him that he needed medical attention. Or she feared involving medical staff (mandatory reporters of abuse) would turn bad for her. So maybe she didn’t set out to kill him, but failed to act to help him as his condition was worsening. Maybe she was telling herself he was faking.

But by the time she realized he needed help, her efforts to get meds were too little too late. She hoped the medicine would somehow turn things around and drove him around waiting to see if the meds would kick in. But maybe when they didn’t, he either died or went unconscious and she dumped him. Or she started to panic because she knew there was no scenario where she’d be able to avoid being held responsible for neglect or participation in the injury, so she made an in the moment decision to harm him (like dumping a sick kid off a cliff like someone mentioned).

To me, that is more likely than poison or her beating a child to death with a weapon. But I wanted to ask for your opinions, knowing that whatever we think is most likely, it doesn’t rule out that this case could also be an exception where the most unlikely things prove true.

If you are driving around with a sick child and you think he has gone unconscious or God forbid has died, the first thing you do is call 911 or get him to the hospital.

I always found it difficult to think that women would murder someone. When I was young it didn’t seem to happen very often.

After following the Jodi Arias case, I began to realize how sick and evil some women can be. She even took cans of gas with her to Arizona so there would be no record of her filling up her car there. There would be no record of her ever going to visit Travis Alexander.

You hate to think that these deaths are premeditated but sometimes they just are. If someone is in the way then they must be eliminated. But with Gannon in 5-6 years he would graduate and move away. What changed so drastically?

I hope they find something today to bring Gannon home. It has been way too long.

Here’s another question I have.

We all know Gannon got into the truck. Even though some (the neighbor even) suggested he was sluggish, he wasn’t noticeably falling over, bandaged, or visibly bleeding that we could see. (Obviously, I acknowledge his clothes could’ve been concealing injuries though.)

But let’s say when he left he was likely still very functional even if impaired in some unknown way. If we believe he never returned, which most of us do, then that means the murder scene—if there is one—is somewhere off site.

But LE seems to have visited the house many times and has removed evidence there. And TS herself has led us to believe vomit, diarrhea, and blood may be found in or around the house. So that seems to suggest the house could be the crime scene. Do any of you think LE is holding back some info and they know G returned and suspect he was killed at the house and his body was removed? Or do you think the bodily evidence gathered at the house is going to point to ongoing abuse of some kind? Sickness?

Meaning if we think he died and was disposed of off site, how do we reconcile all the evidence gathering and bodily fluids at the house?

I suppose it's possible that dogs have found cadaverine in the truck. Dogs can hit on the clothing or person of a person who has handled a corpse. The dogs in the McCann case hit on that bunny toy even after it was washed. That would be really damning evidence. Merely touching a dead body can leave cadaverine on a person, particularly their hands and upper body if they carried the body at all.

I guess we have two scenarios that could be at play. One is that TS took Gannon out of the truck (either harming him, abandoning him or killing him outright, but all outside the truck) or that he died in the truck. If he died in the truck of injuries inflicted the night before (or during a longer period), then it sure looks like TS knew he might die and she might have a body disposal problem, because she's out driving around northern CS and beyond for really odd reasons (with a dying child in the truck). Major league child neglect, but also murder if she inflicted the injuries ("it was an accident").

If she inflicted injuries before they left, then of course LE wants to thoroughly search for evidence (body fluids). It seems to me that maybe they found such evidence, as they have returned a few times. They would first have wanted to find the blood in the garage, since that's the obvious place to look, but I'm sure they used luminol in other places. Saliva testing uses a different process, they may have gone back to do that (if for example, they think Gannon slept in an unusual place that last night).

One thing I think is fairly certain is that so far, LE has not uncovered any evidence that Gannon returned after their shopping trip. It would change the whole face of the investigation and what they're doing day to day. There would be searches near the home (again) on the theory that maybe Gannon hopped the fence, or ninja-ed himself out of the truck under cover of darkness. TS would definitely be mentioning if she dropped him off at a friend's house (she says she has no clue which friend's house he went to). She is seen putting more than just Gannon into the truck and by now, LE knows what she took from the home.

Since you are familiar with the lay of the land, do you agree that the place would be accessible. If it's true that she used a rental car, accessibility is less than if she used AS's truck.
I thought the Army National Guard was involved in this search? Another poster noted there was less than 10 cars.
Since you are familiar with the lay of the land, do you agree that the place would be accessible. If it's true that she used a rental car, accessibility is less than if she used AS's truck.
I thought the Army National Guard was involved in this search? Another poster noted there was less than 10 cars.

I know the area west of 105 and 83 better than the area east of 105 and 83. I just reviewed Google Maps and there is a wooded area with residences and a conference center east of that intersection. As much as I can tell from looking at the aerial map, it wouldn't require AWD or 4WD for access. Just looking at the map, I can see several places where a desperate person who might be running out of time could pull off the road and drag something into the wooded area.

Not my opinion, just my own Fantasy Island: Gannon is alive and safe, and was taken in an elaborate scheme to end the abuse, prove it and convict those responsible. Yeah, I know what ya'll are going to say, but I trust you enough to share.

I have no idea what happened to Gannon and no particular theory. This case is strange.

I also don’t have a need to give her passes or the benefit of the doubt re: possible stress, unhealthy mental status, etc. She has been obstinately and arrogantly deceptive from the get go, and not once, it appears, has any empathy for Gannon, or his suffering parents, kicked in to override her self-preserving behaviors. In fact, a lot of things are Gannon’s fault if we listen to her carefully.

I’ve said in previous threads that I don’t necessarily see her as the crazed rage-fueled psychopath chasing Gannon around the garage with a cleaver, or spiking his orange juice with a deadly substance, or whatever. On the other hand, I also would not be surprised if we learn that she committed a callous murder. People with this little compassion for a child gone missing, particularly on their watch, who aren’t focused on the welfare on the child and actively doing something meaningful to contribute to finding him, are, in my view, potentially capable of anything.

Yes, I think it’s possible that something escalated, perhaps only in her own mind and emotional world, and Gannon was on the receiving end of abuse or neglect. And then....

But it’s the ‘and then’ part that I can’t reconcile. I can understand ‘losing it’, I can understand (as in intellectually grasp it) causing harm, or engaging in dismissive behavior regarding an unfolding medical event, etc. But I’m having a hard time believing that a child who could smile while hiking the previous day, had no known acute illness, was not laboring under a chronic condition (as in daily distress and debilitation), just suddenly became very ill with the symptoms she describes. And even if he did, that’s when the both of you stay home and he receives care. And Dad and Mom are both notified that Gannon is sick. None of that happened. We’ve heard nothing from Gannon’s parents about an unfolding acute ailment of flu or escalation of any chronic gastrointestinal problem.

So I don’t know what or how or why. But I think she is angry and callous enough, and her deception is deep and wide enough, that this could range from an ‘oops’ in the most disturbing sense, to something more sinister. I don’t profess to have insight into the details. However, I’m comfortable in concluding that he’s where she put him for selfish purposes that exceed panic at failing as a stressed or self-absorbed caretaker. Her resentment toward his mother, toward Gannon himself, and her crass remarks about him his symptoms and carrying a his own bag for any vomiting he might have, while she drove around, allegedly did (nonsense) shopping, and just happened to get lost where there’s now an evidence/body search, is not (merely) a panic response. I believe it’s an extension of thought and behavior that was present before she needed a disposal site. People don’t just wake up one day lacking empathy to this degree, are not suddenly this confused about basic honesty and personal integrity, and didn’t just one morning develop the ability to sustain such a cruel deception for over a month about a missing child’s status and location. JMO

Thanks for this post. I agree that his quick physical demise in one day is highly suspect. I also am not trying to give her a pass, just trying to consider all the possibilities so that I can consider what new facts/theories might stand out if it spiraled out of control impulsively vs. proceeding in a more calculated, long premeditated manner.
If you are driving around with a sick child and you think he has gone unconscious or God forbid has died, the first thing you do is call 911 or get him to the hospital.

I always found it difficult to think that women would murder someone. When I was young it didn’t seem to happen very often.

After following the Jodi Arias case, I began to realize how sick and evil some women can be. She even took cans of gas with her to Arizona so there would be no record of her filling up her car there. There would be no record of her ever going to visit Travis Alexander.

You hate to think that these deaths are premeditated but sometimes they just are. If someone is in the way then they must be eliminated. But with Gannon in 5-6 years he would graduate and move away. What changed so drastically?

I hope they find something today to bring Gannon home. It has been way too long.

Agreed. It’s hard to believe guardians could hurt children. But you’re right. There are definite examples of female guardians premeditating death. My guess, tho, is that more of those convicted sort of snapped and acted impulsively (still just as terrible and with equally terrible results) than plotted long drawn out, well researched plans to kill and bury. But the world shows either is possible sadly.

Sometimes I try to flip it the other way.

What possible theories could we come up with that could explain how Gannon could be alive (as she claims), yet also explain why she is spinning out of control in guilt?

He really did go out into the neighborhood in an attempt to find friends who were available to play and...

-An accident befell him, but no one can find him even after 30 days.
-A third party gave him a ride elsewhere where an accident or foul play befell him and no one can find him.
-Someone, known or unknown to stepmom, abducted him.
-Stepmom purposefully took him somewhere or to someone who she believed would return him, but they never did.
-Stepmom is purposefully having him held offsite.
-Gannon somehow got to someone who heard his possible stories of abuse and saw his terrible condition and is quietly sheltering him because they fear courts will return him to stepmom.

What else?

My judgment for now is that all of these possibilities are more far-fetched than the idea that TS harmed him. Mostly I see it this way bc of how guilty she acts and the apparent presence of diarrhea, blood, vomit, tools with blood, cars with blood and so on.

What say you? Do any of the above alternative theories seem interesting to you?

I've tried to allow my thoughts to wander to the idea that he might be alive somewhere, but for me, it involves way too many mental gymnastics (and/or bad, made for tv movie plots, or a page out of the Papini handbook), and none of the theories explain why TS keeps lying, keeps changing her stories, and has been such an antagonistic, unkind witch toward Gannon's mom.

So, until the evidence says otherwise, I do believe she killed that boy, and disposed of him.

't' was the last person to be with Gannon
't' was last person seen with Gannon
't' left her home with Gannon
't' did not return with Gannon
't' has lied, a lying liar that lies, heaps of lies, upon lies
't' is the ONLY person who can answer my question of.....Where is Gannon?

All roads in this case lead to a 't'

Hi this will be my first post but I’m a looooong time websleuth reader. I live in castle rock, CO so this case is very intriguing for me. I just have to ask, and thus may have all been discussed in prior threads, but has any information come out as to whether the stepmother has any history of child abuse, or domestic abuse? Has anyone posted information maybe obtained from her daughter or Gannons sister as to what their life at home was like? Has the father been interviewed as to anything any of the children have said regarding the way they are treated in his absence? Does he travel often? Could he somehow be behind Gannons disappearance? Was he aware of the recent health problems Gannon was supposedly having? I don’t understand why there is no information from anyone in the family about maybe over the top punishment of the kids by stepmom/mom, extra punishment aimed towards Gannon, etc. Any school records that might suggest he was abused... doctor visits? Did he miss school often? Has she had any record of past mental issues?

I understand. I have a hard time with a premeditated scenario, as in she spent time planning. But it could turn out to be premeditation under the statute. Or not. What’s maddening is she has the ability to clear all this up and chooses not to.

I suppose it's possible that dogs have found cadaverine in the truck. Dogs can hit on the clothing or person of a person who has handled a corpse. The dogs in the McCann case hit on that bunny toy even after it was washed. That would be really damning evidence. Merely touching a dead body can leave cadaverine on a person, particularly their hands and upper body if they carried the body at all.

I guess we have two scenarios that could be at play. One is that TS took Gannon out of the truck (either harming him, abandoning him or killing him outright, but all outside the truck) or that he died in the truck. If he died in the truck of injuries inflicted the night before (or during a longer period), then it sure looks like TS knew he might die and she might have a body disposal problem, because she's out driving around northern CS and beyond for really odd reasons (with a dying child in the truck). Major league child neglect, but also murder if she inflicted the injuries ("it was an accident").

If she inflicted injuries before they left, then of course LE wants to thoroughly search for evidence (body fluids). It seems to me that maybe they found such evidence, as they have returned a few times. They would first have wanted to find the blood in the garage, since that's the obvious place to look, but I'm sure they used luminol in other places. Saliva testing uses a different process, they may have gone back to do that (if for example, they think Gannon slept in an unusual place that last night).

One thing I think is fairly certain is that so far, LE has not uncovered any evidence that Gannon returned after their shopping trip. It would change the whole face of the investigation and what they're doing day to day. There would be searches near the home (again) on the theory that maybe Gannon hopped the fence, or ninja-ed himself out of the truck under cover of darkness. TS would definitely be mentioning if she dropped him off at a friend's house (she says she has no clue which friend's house he went to). She is seen putting more than just Gannon into the truck and by now, LE knows what she took from the home.

Really appreciate your thoughts here. So solid. If for some unlikely reason LE does believe or have evidence he returned home, I was still assuming that he was harmed at home and then disposed of by TS (not that he ran away), just to be clear. If that were the case, it might not change their search activity or we might not be able to tell that a new discovery shifted their plans.

Another theory to throw out there: I have been a diehard in the "She's responsible for his death" camp. Still am, really.

But bearing in mind what we know now, I recently watched the infamous first video of TS again . Or actually just segments -- because I cannot stomach the whole childish, arrogant performance at once.

I somehow get the sense, watching and listening, that she possesses a bit of confidence. Along with someone here on the thread mentioning TS doping Gannon up, this morning this theory popped into my head...

Maybe someone else already posted similar ; if so I'm sorry to take up space on this galloping thread. But just what if she heavily sedated him and dropped him off, thinking sooner or later he'd come to and resurface? Get picked up, whatever. Her initial runaway story would make sense. All these subsequent fabrications would not have been needed. Just maybe the plot didn't follow her diagram? He succumbed....

IDK....It probably doesn't hold water. Where they're searching now is so far for a young boy to walk. what would have been the motivation? Unless to allow time for injuries to heal? or just to put all of her yucky guilt on him? You all can tear it apart. Have at it.

We're all here waiting for Gannon's heartbreaking story to unfold. It's all about him in the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member