Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought parents of missing children spent a lot of time with police the first day or two? Or is it because police went with the runaway theory that she was not required?

Jmo I still think that when a parent says “runaway” that should almost be a red flag, as parents are generally the last ones to say that to police if they want help...
Or be home in case the child returns?

jmo

I was wondering the same thing. We had 4 leased cars in the family for many years. I never heard about a lease option where they checked the mileage monthly.

It is true that they give you a yearly limit, in which you can pay penalties if you go too many miles.

But that's not what she said. She specifically said monthly mileage limitations.
If they are self-imposed limitations, a truly-concerned (step) parent would toss out that limitation and go looking for their missing child.

Also, if they are self-imposed limitations there would be no requirement to "pay a fine" or "purchase" the vehicle.

Makes no sense. No sense, at all.

If the car was rented on Tuesday there is no way I can reconcile Gannon was in that car. I would think the house, the area was filled with neighbors searching. LE dropping in etc. etc. That would be one heck of a chance to take getting him in it. Then the forensics that one could never completely clean up. I do believe it had a purpose and does tie in to this.

I still can’t believe the lack of neighbor/friend/family member/school comments to the media in this case. I also rarely see them in groups where rumors are spread. I can only imagine that LE issued strongly worded warnings to them about talking to the media and thus interfering with the case.

So if we think it’s possible she drove between 400-955 miles the day after, do any of you think this increases the chance she DID know where Gannon was and moved him (alive) to an out of state relative? Or does it make you suspicious she moved the body far away? Or what other theories...?
We're thinking alike here! We need to calculate about a 470 mile radius. 477.5 one way to be exact. Someone could have met her and taken Gannon, Maybe they told Gannon he was going to his mom? JMO Sure hope they find him alive!

As usual, I'm behind so this may have been covered. She drove 955 miles in 28 hours? Where in the world did she go? Let's say she was driving the entire time, which is unlikely - because of sleep, taking care of other kids, answering LE and AS questions. But for fun, let's say she did. She would have averaged 34 mph for every minute of that car rental.

Okay, let's say she only drove it for 16 hours, which is more reasonable. She would've averaged 60 mph. That would be tricky if you're going door to door.

Where did she go in that car??

She had to have stopped for gas and food. My husband and I drove from Colorado Springs to Burnsville, MN. It had taken us 16 hrs and it was 969 miles. Our children were young at the time. So, we had to stop for breaks, food, and gas.
Since our trip was one way. You would have to divide her trip's mileage and hours in half. The halfway point is where she would have gone. possibly. MOO.

If the car was rented on Tuesday there is no way I can reconcile Gannon was in that car. I would think the house, the area was filled with neighbors searching. LE dropping in etc. etc. That would be one heck of a chance to take getting him in it. Then the forensics that one could never completely clean up. I do believe it had a purpose and does tie in to this.
I did not state GS might have been moved to the rental. I meant to their leased vehicle.

But it tells us she at least drove a full tank, and however many miles that entails for that car.

Yes. I'm in the same world as you.

I don’t know. If my kids missing I don’t take time out to drive to the airport to pick up my other. I’m out looking nonstop. I’d send a family member or friend to the airport.

Or..he just rents a car himself while you continue to search?

At any rate, if she was driving all highway 70 mph speeds, 955 miles would be about 14 hours of driving (and necessitate 2 fuel stops - so 15 hours right there). If, after driving the 200 miles RT to the airport, she put an additional 755 miles on that car driving around neighborhoods, that's truly amazing.

And there's no reason to think the mileage indicator is correct, given that Budget likes the streamlined unlimited mileage thing (requires fewer employees).

Sorry. Still not getting it. What does 8/8 have to do with an 11.9 gal tank?

A refueling charge wouldn't be based on eighths of a tank, after all.

Why not? That's how many people talk about tanks. A quarter tank, and half of that is an eighth. That's how we talk about it, we never say "10ths." And Budget isn't going to use quarter tank implements. That's 1-2 gallons right there!

I was wondering the same thing. We had 4 leased cars in the family for many years. I never heard about a lease option where they checked the mileage monthly.

It is true that they give you a yearly limit, in which you can pay penalties if you go too many miles.

But that's not what she said. She specifically said monthly mileage limitations.

"Or they would make her buy the car", IIRC.

I don't even have a driver's license, and I can tell you that's bunkum, because I guarantee they don't expect you to buy the car the first month you go over your miles. I mean, that's insane. Worry about the yearly total AFTER Gannon is found.

“He left Saturday night to fly out of the Denver Airport with a family member who had a red eye fly and he had an early morning flight.”

1) So a family member drove him to Denver airport.
2) The family member had a "Red eye fly"
2) And AS had an early morning flight.

I haven't even heard of them having family members in the area?
I’ve never heard of AS having family here either. But I assumed it was family visiting from out of state going home. I live literally 5 minutes ( 3 miles)from the COS airport but have family from Tx and CA who travel thru Denver DIA to come stay with me because they can save $150 or more on round trip tickets. Southwest doesn’t fly in or out of the Springs. And a red-eye in the middle of the night would avoid traffic driving to the airport, also. JMO

If you think about it, it does make sense that she would want to be as far away from that house and all the grilling questions surrounding Gannon's disappearance as soon as possible.

Maybe she was worried no one else in that home would believe her either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler