Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle tracking devices have been available since 1995 (first used by Oldsmobile) and rental agencies have been using tracking technology since at least 2000/1.
I'm surprised we don't see LE checking the computers in more cases. The first time I ever heard about the capability was in Sherin M's case where LE was able to track every move prior to Sherin "disappearing."

Any reason why LE doesn't use it more often? It seems like it would be very helpful in a lot of the unsolved cases here.

I was hoping LE would find Gannon today.

I have been thinking about the Lacy Peterson case. Scott killed her on Christmas Eve but he wasn’t charged until Easter Friday. They kept watching him go back to the scene of the crime. They thought Laci and Connor were in the Bay but they were hampered until the bodies, or a part of their bodies, washed up on shore and they immediately arrested Scott. If you recall, he was on his way to Mexico, had dyed his hair, had lots of cash and LE even believes he was going to kidnap or kill his mistress.

Of course LE is watching her every move and she won’t get away with this. Her day will come. Chasing her? You bet they are.
Yes yes yes!!!!!!
And poor sweet Laci and Connor

Statement Analysts would say her comment about them chasing her (she said something else similar) would mean Gannon tried to get away from her.
- You know when POIs keep touching their throats (for strangulation) or their faces (for smothering)
I don’t know much about statement analysis. I find it very interesting. But it boggles my mind how a person could analyze ones words and come to those conclusions.

Well, given that she had to drive 100 miles to drop off, perhaps she tried to get there on time and couldn't? Maybe she couldn't do it the next day? At any rate she sure wasn't thinking about cost right then.

I must have been mistaken, was under the impression she picked it up and dropped it off at COS, not DEN.

I'm surprised we don't see LE checking the computers in more cases. The first time I ever heard about the capability was in Sherin M's case where LE was able to track every move prior to Sherin "disappearing."

Any reason why LE doesn't use it more often? It seems like it would be very helpful in a lot of the unsolved cases here.
My guess would include that LE would need to present reasonable expectation that a vehicle was used in the commission of a crime in order to obtain a warrant; that might not be possible in every case.

I think she has all of us talking in circles. Think about..we already know she lies. She stopped talking to police..in my opinion. So now she is making statements, which are somewhat leads for LE. They have to check them out, which in turn slows all of this down in finding Gannon, because it is all lies. I want to think with just a tad bit of truth. She definitely wants us and police to believe her. Lordy, this is crazy!!

i don’t even know what to make of the rental car. 955 seems incredibly high, but even using the base of 1 tank of gas ( another user said that would mean 300 miles?) for a little over 1 day period where you’re said to be trolling around the neighbourhood going door to door etc, would that be more probable or still high ? using the return location as colorado airport 8 miles away since her suv is there.

surely a tank of gas in any other family vehicle would have been way less than the $200+ spent to rent this decoy car.
which, not to mention, renting a white sedan so you won’t “scare gannon away” from a family car when one of the family cars is a white sedan? sure different makes/models but to some people a white car is a white car.

LS mentions this carnet in her car as a way of proving her innocence but also never seems to be driving her own car..?? could the apple watch be the older version that does not attach to gps and now LS is offering this as a way to track her, knowing full well it does not have gps ?

TS claimed the reason for renting a vehicle was so that GS would not recognize their vehicles. The fact she used her own vehicle to go to the airport makes no sense because she claimed to not want to use her vehicle to go shopping because of "monthly mileage limitations". She could just as easily have driven the truck and saved that additional 15 miles she put on her own vehicle.

That's a disconnect.
Yup. There’s so many disconnects it hurts (my brain).

True, but Casey Anthony's car had every piece of proof that their was a dead body in her car and she was never charged with murder until 4 months later when they felt they gathered enough evidence to go forth without the body at that time. The charges before that were lying to police and I think child neglect. Not sure why TS hasnt at least got charged for lying yet.

LE and DA need time to organize a case (and they made many mistakes in Casey's prosecution, I'm pretty sure Dan May is aware). The only thing I can think of that would prevent charges being brought if evidence of a body was found in the vehicle is if other evidence seemed contradictory (body was in two vehicles or something like that). Would take longer.

In short, I don't think it will be another 3 months in this case. I also think that if they had found cadaverine in one of the vehicles, the rental vehicle in particular would have led them directly to a body.

i also have a question re:part 1 of the interview and the ADT information. google is not giving me the answers that i need and i know some members did mention they have ADT themselves so i thought i would ask the group.

when the system is being installed, does the technician name all the zones ? i’m guessing they are selected from a list but i am specifically wondering if the technician could name a door something that it is not necessarily - like calling the garage door the “back door”?

also wondering if a sliding glass door is considered a window or a door on your app when you open it. would it say “patio door” or whatever it says for opening a window.

bbm
LE and DA need time to organize a case (and they made many mistakes in Casey's prosecution, I'm pretty sure Dan May is aware). The only thing I can think of that would prevent charges being brought if evidence of a body was found in the vehicle is if other evidence seemed contradictory (body was in two vehicles or something like that). Would take longer.

In short, I don't think it will be another 3 months in this case. I also think that if they had found cadaverine in one of the vehicles, the rental vehicle in particular would have led them directly to a body.
That might be hindered due to the seemingly endless number of assumed stops (numerous search locations, possibly more in the future) TS may have made during her excursion.

You agree to the rate (and many places have a big sign upon return telling you exactly what that rate is, sans taxes of course).
Well, given that she had to drive 100 miles to drop off, perhaps she tried to get there on time and couldn't? Maybe she couldn't do it the next day? At any rate she sure wasn't thinking about cost right then.
RSBM

Just FYI, it's making us all crazy, my sympathies. AS flew out of Denver apparently sometime Sat/Sun BUT The rental vehicle was from Co Springs not Denver. CrimeOnline viewed "a Budget Rental receipt and confirmation number that indicated a white Kia Rio sedan was rented from the Colorado Springs airport at 8:50 a.m. on January 28, 2020, under Tecia Stauch’s name. The car was returned the following day at 1:20 p.m."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly