Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, put it up on jackstands in the garage and let 'er run all night with the heater on high to keep the place warm since we don't have any money.
Your post just brought up a picture in my mind-- What about carbon monoxide poisoning? Maybe she tried that and it didn't work, either quick enough for her or ?????and it just made poor Gannon dizzy, off balance, unable to get in the truck normally? Just thinking out loud....

Something that was not added in the story but I think it's OK to disclose is that she did say she called a nurse line about questions on how much of a certain medication she could give Gannon and how much is "too much" to give. She said the nurse (or whoever she spoke to--she didn't specify) said to strictly follow the directions on the bottle.
This is truly chilling to the bone!!!
I'm guessing LE are aware of this information?
Just when you think it can't possibly get any worse......
It does:(

Hmmm. I don’t know. We rent cars probably six to seven times a year for work or vacation and in almost every case, a clerk comes out of the building and turns the car on and writes the mileage down and then has us confirm the mileage and sign. They also mark any dings or marks already on the car and have us verify to sign. Then when we check in, they do the same right in front of us. I don’t doubt some clerks at some locations regularly fudge it to save time, but I hate to assume and dismiss something that could be legit. Especially since I can’t remember anytime when a clerk just guessed at the mileage in the 17 years we have been regularly renting.
This person is a manager. I didn’t quite understand his reasoning but he dismissed it immediately.

Besides that, she had the car for just over 24 hours. That mileage would mean that she disappeared for hours and hours.

I can’t imagine law enforcement is searching in the areas they are if she could have gone that far.

Man, I feel like the fact that she said she asked the nurse dosing questions could be legitimate. I have to ask myself if I have lost all objectivity here and am filtering with too much bias though because my first thought was that she mentioned dosages because she has read people questioning whether she overdosed him.

So thankful for T's advice. I am trying to trim our budget. Off to rent three cars since it is easier and more economical. Why drive the three cars we own?

Maybe she is going to seek a new form of income, by becoming an Instagram/Youtube Influencer - on the topic of Household Finance.

Wonder if they are reviewing new rounds of home surveillance cam and trail cam footage now? Seems like the GPS or devices, not to mention TS’ comments, might lead them to scour for footage of new areas where she might have been.

I think that's exactly what we're seeing today. TS's comments have helped refocus the search. Or at least re-energize it. LE was obviously right about where they were looking and that didn't happen by chance.

Her Apple Watch...is her Achilles heel. I wonder if it got jettisoned along the way, once she realized what she was into. Even if the iPhone (if left at home as she says) isn't a sign of premeditation (it probably is), the tossing of the watch while in the commission of the crime is certainly a damning piece of evidence.

Her need to avoid GPS (on her own car) explains why she took the truck (if it isn't GPS enabled) and left the phone, but she didn't know about the watch. Most people don't. Maybe we ought not to keep mentioning it here. I'm still mulling that over.

You can of course refuse to buy it, but that's apparently what journalists are getting when they try to put together a story. From the Daily Mail:

However, when she returned at 2.19pm, Gannon is nowhere to be seen

Footage from 2.19pm to the time Gannon was reportedly last seen is not available, but the sheriff's office said earlier that officers had no surveillance video showing the boy leaving the property.

This was published on Feb 28, along with a series of new photos (seemingly from SAR or LE) that the Daily Mail acquired via a reporters (Mulraney and Kekatos). When known journalists sign off on an article and include pictures pointing to source of info (LE) and the date is "updated February 28) I am going to regard it has something we should be treating as fact until we learn otherwise.

To me, a journalist getting info from LS is way better source material that TS's own statements (but if you prefer to go with TS's various ways of having Gannon return to the house unseen and never seen again, that's clearly on the menu here).

I believe the video is properly sourced and timed, the man giving the video to AS and LE knows how to operate his system, is completely believable, and one of our best resources here. Note that in the above article, LE confirms that they have no evidence of Gannon leaving the house past 2:19 pm. So again, unless he scaled the back fence and had the great luck of not being caught on another camera on the next street over. He would have had to do this before 3:15 when his sister came home (or else she would have seen him).

I also think LE would be in Lorson Ranch, looking nearby, if they had any reason to believe Gannon had hopped the fence. Given how they're deploying resources, I think LE is very sure that Gannon didn't come back to the house.
MOO they did intensively search around his home.
I think the truck c
RD Video must be clear enough in the original that they believe he returned in truck.
The wouls have tobahve solid reason for searching 7 days on 105 and between Edventures Sierra Pines. MOO nust that that search would cost between 500,000 and a million dollars.

I ran the mileage thing past someone I know who works at a major car rental company. He tells me that the odometer thing is meaningless, and likely inaccurate.

If she was paying for mileage that would be one thing, but she paid for unlimited.

Someone probably didn’t bother checking, and may have made up a number.

Dated late 2018:

Budget Rent a Car
  • Unlimited mileage offered? Yes, unlimited mileage is offered standard with all in-state rental cars; out-of-state rentals include either unlimited mileage or a pre-designated number of included miles per day/week/month as part of the rate structure. If you exceed the number of pre-designated miles, a mileage charge will apply for the additional miles driven. The rate depends on the location where you pick up the car.

Turning on the gps on a rental doesn't mean it's shut off if you don't pay for that service. It just means you can't access that on your vehicle. The rental company knows darn well where that car is if it doesn't get returned.
Of course they do.
Maybe she got her Doctorate there too :p
dear god I would hate to have to grade her dissertation

This person is a manager. I didn’t quite understand his reasoning but he dismissed it immediately.

Besides that, she had the car for just over 24 hours. That mileage would mean that she disappeared for hours and hours.

I can’t imagine law enforcement is searching in the areas they are if she could have gone that far.

I get it. Wish we could confirm with the airport location that it was an estimate and not the normal verification process I am used to. I agree she would have to be gone for hours and hours to put that kind of miles on. But maybe that’s why she developed a reason to not stay at the house? So she could say she got kicked out and no one would be around to notice she was gone all day.

I am a day behind now in this thread so don’t know if this has been brought up- but re: RD being right or wrong to share video. One thing I noticed in the Fox (Denver, not COS) interview, was that RD was wearing an Army pullover. That was the first time I saw him so my first impression made me think he may be military (MOO). And considering the military’s help in the search, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Hmmm. I don’t know. We rent cars probably six to seven times a year for work or vacation and in almost every case, a clerk comes out of the building and turns the car on and writes the mileage down and then has us confirm the mileage and sign. They also mark any dings or marks already on the car and have us verify to sign. Then when we check in, they do the same right in front of us. I don’t doubt some clerks at some locations regularly fudge it to save time, but I hate to assume and dismiss something that could be legit. Especially since I can’t remember anytime when a clerk just guessed at the mileage in the 17 years we have been regularly renting.

It could have been a typo, maybe it should've been 96? Who knows.

Hypothetically: if you were a worried parent, knew your kid was missing, and your spouse picked you up in a strange car saying we don't want to frighten him with a familiar car, what would be your reaction?

THIS part of her story pissed me off! Why get a car that GS can't recognize??? It told me everything I needed to know about her personality. She's a sneak! She's a spy! That kind of behavior is displayed by someone who wants to catch you at something, just so they can jump on you screaming. Does this mean she used to spy on GS? Did she skulk around the house, slipping around corners just to catch GS doing something wrong then pounce? My sister the narcissist, does this which is the reason I broke all ties with her. After awhile you get a little tired of someone screaming, "AH HA! I'm telling Mom!" behavior when you're older than dirt and your mother is 95 years old. And funny....I haven't had ulcers since!

My angry opinion

I ran the mileage thing past someone I know who works at a major car rental company. He tells me that the odometer thing is meaningless, and likely inaccurate.

If she was paying for mileage that would be one thing, but she paid for unlimited.

Someone probably didn’t bother checking, and may have made up a number.

Curious...Why would the return location be blocked?

Dated late 2018:

Budget Rent a Car
  • Unlimited mileage offered? Yes, unlimited mileage is offered standard with all in-state rental cars; out-of-state rentals include either unlimited mileage or a pre-designated number of included miles per day/week/month as part of the rate structure. If you exceed the number of pre-designated miles, a mileage charge will apply for the additional miles driven. The rate depends on the location where you pick up the car.

If this helps, the fuel service was $118.88.

Something that was not added in the story but I think it's OK to disclose is that she did say she called a nurse line about questions on how much of a certain medication she could give Gannon and how much is "too much" to give. She said the nurse (or whoever she spoke to--she didn't specify) said to strictly follow the directions on the bottle.
Well that is just horrifying :(:(:(:(

I get it. Wish we could confirm with the airport location that it was an estimate and not the normal verification process I am used to. I agree she would have to be gone for hours and hours to put that kind of miles on. But maybe that’s why she developed a reason to not stay at the house? So she could say she got kicked out and no one would be around to notice she was gone all day.
Yeah. My takeway is that we should be very skeptical about the conclusion that she drove 955 miles.

The main concern is when the vehicle needs an oil change, and my friend’s company does it at 7000 miles (I think that’s what he said).

So people could have rented before her, and their distances weren’t tracked.

I think that vehicle has 960 total, and probably several renters to get there.

She didn’t go from 5-960 miles by herself.

Man, I feel like the fact that she said she asked the nurse dosing questions could be legitimate. I have to ask myself if I have lost all objectivity here and am filtering with too much bias though because my first thought was that she mentioned dosages because she has read people questioning whether she overdosed him.

Yes, why call a nurse if you have bad motives? Can this call be proven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257