Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, are we beyond the point that it was someone else driving that truck? I feel like the person in that video looks to have tall slender legs, it is hard to tell if that is the stepmom.

Woudn't LS have said that to the high heavens if true? It sure looks like her, to me. Same height, same build, same hair length. Who else would be driving that truck and in and out of the house? My understanding is that Albert usually drove the truck, and I bet forensics have already shown that AS and LS were in the trunk frequently, whereas I bet there's no evidence of some stranger (or any other family member) recently having their hands on the wheel.

I think the sister has said he fell and I think the stepmom was so concerned about appearances that admitting she didnt take a fall seriously enough would be impossible for her

Are you speaking about his stepsister, who wasn't on the hike? Or about his little sister? Where in MSM have you read anything from either of those people? (Yes, I realize there is conflicting information all over the place about who was on the hike, but the pictures released are interesting - some here have said they do not believe they were all from Sunday, January 26 and I've wondered who might have taken some of them - as they are not all selfies). The only picture that's clearly from that Sunday, IMO, is a selfie (shown on the missing poster). The stepsister clearly states in the interview that she saw him *after* the hike.

The little sister has not given a public interview.

Is it possible to infer the step mother's level of care for Gannon by where he sat? I think it's a valid point that has been debated.
I'm not really sure about that because this is before he even disappeared. I'm sure the last thing on her mind was. worrying about what people thought when he got in the car. In my opinion, I believe something happened in between him getting in the car and her coming back alone. And then her ending up at Petco. I believe after that is when she be worried about what people think. I personally had my children sit in the backseat until they were teenagers. Of course because it is the safest. And I understand there was a debate on that in the Forum. But I just don't see what this pertains to in the investigation. I apologize. I'm in New On here just trying to figure everything out like everyone else. I just pray for closure for the family. I have a son that passed away. And Anytime a child disappears. It just hits close to home.

How? By pointing rifle at him?

Your theory fits.
Call in a runaway and if he is found having fallen through ice, it is an accident.
To be a viable plan means that she did it just prior to returning home to keep TOD close to the time he supposedly left the house.
I was thinking of falling through the ice on his "runaway" journey, but wasn't it rather warm at the time he went missing? The cold didn't set in until later?

jmo

I don't remember the weather being in the 70's the weekend before Gannon went missing on Monday. I think that was the following weekend before the big snow came. It was nicer... But not that high. Plus it's been windy, and everyone here locally knows that is what gets ya.

She might have, and it was edited out.
We just can't know for sure, but we do know for sure the station specifically wanted the focus to be on TS.
The way they promoted it, made that perfectly clear.
Agreed.
There have been some wacky. chopped up interviews that's obvious to those following not only Gannon's case but other cases at WS.
That interview was something of a letdown; imo.

This post isn't directed towards anyone : I stand by my previous comment that the sitter could've thrown in a brief few words for Gannon like "Where are you, Gannon ? We miss you."

Maybe she did and it was edited out ?
Although the topic of discipline that came up was telling.
There was an angle the media and LE are leaning towards.
More pressure is being applied to TS and maybe LE are hoping she'll buckle and tell the truth, finally ?

Last edited:
Ive been there a zillion times. Legit question: Have you ever been there when it is not crowded? I have not. Maybe I have super bad luck (very possible LOL). How could she do that with the crowds and Park Rangers all around? Especially when that weekend was like Spring - 70s and super sunny. That is when the crowds come alive at GOTG and even the road alone is super backed up and slow.

Even if she parked along side the road - there are cars constantly driving the road. That's a lot to haul out of a car out in the open. I mean, the park is not secluded. It is literally many people's back yard.
Exactly. It would have to be a quick disposal. It would look suspicious with her carrying an unconscious 11yo around the park. Nothing makes sense. I wish she would just be honest.

IMO

I was thinking of falling through the ice on his "runaway" journey, but wasn't it rather warm at the time he went missing? The cold didn't set in until later?

jmo

I just really, really believe that LE would still be very vocal at calling him a runaway or making it clear that they didn't suspect anything odd if this were the scenario. I don't think crime units would be at the home and evidence removed....unless I am misunderstanding you and you think this may be part of the staged "running away" theory TS is putting out...?

JMO

Babysitters interview.

Reporter "what was she ( Stepmom) like."

Babysitter. "She wouldn't...She never even spanked those (plural). kids"

This was an open ended question.

1) we have a broken sentence, missing or possible withheld information.

2) Sitter could've started anywhere, yet the first think that comes to her mind is "spanking"

Given what we know (audio) from stepmums phone. Sitters answer is very disturbing.

ETA

The reporter should have asked her what she means (subjective definition) of "Spanking"
bbm
Ita.
Wonder if the babysitter tried to equate a "spanking" with a beating ?

The audio is indeed disturbing.
Cannot 'unhear' that.

My 11 year old sits in the back seat unless we have too many people and as the oldest I move him up front. 35% better accident survival statistics for kids in the back.
Thanks, I guess it depends on weight as well as age and preference. I used to cross the Canadian border daily to take mine to school in Canada, and was told by Border Patrol at 80 lbs, he could join me up front. A site called "Very well family" had this:
"Booster seat laws often follow this pattern, where a child can legally move out of a booster seat when they reach 8 years old, or 80 pounds, or 4'9", whichever comes first."

I'm not really sure about that because this is before he even disappeared. I'm sure the last thing on her mind was. worrying about what people thought when he got in the car. In my opinion, I believe something happened in between him getting in the car and her coming back alone. And then her ending up at Petco. I believe after that is when she be worried about what people think. I personally had my children sit in the backseat until they were teenagers. Of course because it is the safest. And I understand there was a debate on that in the Forum. But I just don't see what this pertains to in the investigation. I apologize. I'm in New On here just trying to figure everything out like everyone else. I just pray for closure for the family. I have a son that passed away. And Anytime a child disappears. It just hits close to home.

SO SORRY about your loss.

Can we all please agree to disagree on the whole sitting in the front vs back and who thinks what is appropriate? Everybody parents different and people either take the front/back seat law very literal, or bend it a bit. And unless he was by chance killed in a car accident then I think it would 100 % be worth hashing out. But at this point we know he didn't die in a car accident because there was no damage, that could be seen in video, nor has LEO said anything about a damaged vehicle.

I agree with what you are trying to do here. I am tired of the discussion and don't think it is at all relevant to this case. But this needs to be said: In most states, it is the law and the studies are clear. Putting a child under the age of 12, especially one who is small, IS life-threatening. You can't really "disagree" with the known facts and information. You can simply choose to ignore them and break the law.

I think if he fell and then died because of those injuries, she wouldn't hide the body but tell the truth (while blaming him for falling). I don't think she'd cover up a true accident.

jmo

Exactly,why would anyone? Especially as his little sister was also there so could easily confirm an accident.
I personally think whatever happened,happened late Sunday night continuing in to Monday morning,and I don't believe he accidentally died in the back seat as she was driving to wherever she was going that morning either:( JMO

I would take any interview on any social media platform unless it is sponsored by LE with a grain of salt. Rumors hinder a case and it is getting bat $hit crazy right now. The Delphi murder case had the same effect on social media and it hindered the investigation big time. JMO #justiceforgannon

Places most newbies visit are:
Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods, Palmer Lake, Woodland Park, Monument Lake. You can literally drive right up to the shore at Monument Lake and gangbangers from Colorado Springs like to go there and hang out in summer. It's never closed, but quite empty this time of year. There is also a hidden reservoir and pond a mile or so hike West of Palmer Lake. There's a large dirt parking lot with a rustic playground. You can drive right up to the trail head and be at water within 5-10 minutes, unseen, as the trail is enclosed by hills and trees. It is quite isolated in winter, and my boys were able to build a shelter off trail, which has been undisturbed for 2 years! Lots of people from Colorado Springs crowd that trail in Summer.

@Wolf Mother and any other locals, what are your thoughts on mountain roads such as Gold Camp Road and Rampart Range Road? Are there pull-offs next to steep drops? I think I see pull-offs on the map in some places but it is hard to tell how steep the terrain is.

Since I believe Gannon was injured the night before, I don't see him being able to walk/hike and I don't see him being carried.

bbm
You have a good theory there as by keeping the topic on TS LE and the media are keeping the heat on the last person to see Gannon.

Especially interesting is that the reporter brought up the question of discipline.
The babysitter stumbled over that question and it looks like they backtracked on what they were going to say.
"Really didn't spank them..." doesn't mean never spanked them.
And it's a given that TS wouldn't do anything particularly egregious when a sitter or the bio dad was there in the home.
This was well thought out on the reporter's side.
Before they aired the interview they said it would offer a new perspective on the case.

Since so many assume that TS may have abused Gannon or even murdered him, I'm assuming this differing view is that TS was not known to physically punish the kids and therefore it wasn't likely that she would ever hurt them.

However I'm not sure it was a different perspective at all since the babysitter seemed hesitant when she said she didn't "think" she was involved.

If she was fully supportive of her she would have mentioned that TS was very loving towards her stepchildren and there was no way she would ever hurt them.

So unless they cut out her saying something like that, it's not really a different perspective at all. I'm still not sure why they even said that. Seems like every attempt to defend TS has backfired.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member