CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, every officer on that base wanted to touch her body. She was not safe in Alaska. Too smoking hot. And I think she accused a principal of sexual harassment at one of the schools she had worked, if I'm not mistaken.
I know that when we were discussing the case at the beginning, there were more details about what happened in Alaska. I used to live up there so anytime a story about Alaska surfaces, I pay attention.

He was probably stationed at sprawling JBER, and it's not that close to Anchorage where a non-military spouse might have year round shopping to help pass the time. It's really cold in the winter, can be miserable during spring breakup, and buzzing around in a normal car to amuse oneself even for 18-25 miles RT gets complicated, sometimes chains, 4WD etc are required, and there are white outs where a person not used to driving in that weather could be dangerous to themselves and to others.

I suspect that the top brass at JBER have a little program to monitor troublemakers, ie bored non-military spouses, male and female for that matter. They have probably seen it all before, ad nauseam.

Last edited:
Checked with school, all the friends, all through the phone to look for this mystery friend.

AS is worried Gannon is caught up in some home with drug users, I think he said?

AS reports switch is missing, raises it because of possible chance of tracing location if he plays games that connect to the network.

Getting details of both other minors in the home.

Witness queries that LS had said 'multiple young children'. LS says she just meant Little sis L.

As talking about phone history being deleted... missed some, sorry, talking about Youtube they follow.

Asking if Gannon had a girlfriend. Talking about who made what searches on the phone.

Kind of garbled, struggling to hear any of this bit, sorry.

Good morning everyone. I’ve been here since the beginning but rarely post. So glad that this trial is finally taking place, as painful as it is. I really feel for Al, Landon and Laina for their incredible loss and now having to listen to the horrifying details.

I haven’t been able to watch the trail so I’m here reading when I can. I really appreciate everyone’s updates. And the laughs, we all need those! *advertiser censored*

Really staticky and loud/muffled.

AS is giving eager consent for the witness to take and search the phone. I assume all this is the 'kids phone'.

No other relatives in the area.

LS being clear they don't know who the 'bath salts' friend is. AS being super helpful, mission oriented, showing LE the message thread. As soon as 'Gannon' messaged about bath salts, AS IMMEDIATELY contacted LS and told her to lock away everything.

AS talking about leaving for airport early, with his mother.

Asking LS what time they went to petco. Bit of confusion for a moment about whether it was Sun or Mon, LS insists Mon.

LS talking about an address being 'the person we took the jingle basket ' to in Dec possibly? No idea what a jingle basket is.

As insisting everything was consistent with Gannon taking his Switch to go play with a friend.

Asking when Gannon had contact last with his mother, talking about LH coming to Colorado, talking about LH's partner, something suspicious? Didn't catch that, sorry.

So Al shows them texts on his phone between him and G and he says they talked about stomach issues, the candle accident and the bath salts text was AFTER that. ??
I’m thinking G didn’t send that question asking if they have any bath salts in that’s the case. ( if I heard it correctly)

JMO

Jingle basket seems to be a neighbourhood secret santa, AS just explained it.

Fuzzy again.

Gannon has never left before, straight up kid, only thing he sneaks is switch time. Does chores, straight As, kindhearted.

Talking about circumstances of AS getting custody. Talked about counselling, was a precautionary measure because of the situation that led to transfer of custody, nothing alarming, normal processing of situation.

Asking now if he did online gaming, AS says absolutely not. I think they're asking if he had contact with strangers online.

Said he was using TikTok, AS banned Gannon and Little sis from using it because the content was inappropriate.

LS says she caught Gannon watching people choke themselves to get high on TikTok?

AS says Gannon has no involvement with smoking and drugs, says he knows the seriousness of that from family who use.

LS claims Gannon had something in his bag, I didn't catch what? Drugs or cigarettes, maybe, given context? That they found after he went missing. Claims HH found it. (If she did, I bet LS put it in here to be found.)

Day 7 of the murder trial for #LeteciaStauch is resuming now. I'll be in the courtroom with updates throughout the day.

The first witness to be called to the stand this morning is Jessica Bethel. In January 2020, she was assigned to Gannon Stauch’s case as the lead detective from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

Bethel testified saying, “Initially this case was receiving a lot of attention on social media. The case quickly grew to a multi-agency case.” She said at least 10 agencies, both local and federal, got involved.

Bethel said, “The suspect providing alternate leads, multiple stories of what happened, ultimately influenced how we proceeded with the case.”

Bethel said she contacted Letecia early on in the investigation to speak to her about Gannon’s disappearance, preferably at the Stauch’s home so detectives could look for clues or anything missing.

She said Letecia did not agree to allow her to go to the home because Letecia said there were young children in the home, and she didn’t want them to overhear what they were talking about.

Letecia offered to meet at a Starbucks in Fountain. Bethel said at first, Letecia was hesitant to talk to detectives, and “was apprehensive at best.”

We’re now listening to the first interview Letecia had with detectives, which was on January 29, two days after Gannon's disappearance. Her then husband, and Gannon’s father, Al, was also part of the interview.

During the interview, Letecia and Al are talking about what school Gannon went to, friends in the neighborhood that Gannon played with, and how he went to a friend’s house but never came home.

Letecia described about what they did on Sunday, January 26, one day before Gannon’s disappearance. She said they went hiking at Garden of the Gods, and Gannon said his stomach was hurting so he stayed home from school on Monday. Letecia took off work to stay with him.

Letecia said on Monday, they went and got food and went to Petco, while Gannon stayed in the car because he wasn’t feeling well.

At one point, Letecia and Al both said Gannon texted Al, “do we have bath salts?” Letecia said Gannon asked for bath salts the day before, so Letecia said she gave him a bath bomb.

During the interview Al said it’s common for Gannon to go play with friends and take his Nintendo Switch, but he was never gone long. At one point Al said, “I’m pretty convinced that something bad…”

Al said everything was consistent with Gannon going to play at a friend’s house. He said Gannon took his Nintendo Switch, had his playing shoes on, etc.

Al said, “I know every parent says this, but he’s a pretty straight kid… He does his chores, makes straight A’s, kind hearted.”

Al said after he got custody of Gannon, he took Gannon to counseling to make sure he was okay. He said, “He was going through normal emotions of missing his mom.” Al said the counselor never bought up anything concerning or alarming.

Al said when he got the text message from Gannon asking about bath salts so he could take them to a friend’s house, he called Letecia. “After the bath salts, I said go check his book bag,” Al then added, “They found a two pack of those little swisher sweets.”

Al said when he got the text message from Gannon asking about bath salts so he could take them to a friend’s house, he called Letecia. “After the bath salts, I said go check his book bag,” Al then added, “They found a two pack of those little swisher sweets.”

Letecia checked Gannon's backpack and found Swisher Sweets, those little cigars used to make blunts?!! (I don't believe it.)

View attachment 414271

He would have needed an adult to buy if for him. No way he had them. They would have definitely known if he had been smoking anyway, especially since they don't smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member