CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My impression is not that the perp was trying to "show off" or "openly display the body." That road is pitch black at night. He probably stopped and did the dump where he would not be seen, quickly, and not in a highly used area (like not a local green park with playground equipment and people walking/playing).

Dismembering implies wanting to cover it up or making detection more difficult or disposal easier. Or it could be part of someone's fantasy M.O. Any of it could be possible.

I think he did a dump 'n run without a lot of planning for that spot in particular. It was dark, easy, convenient, private. It appears no one saw a vehicle there since no one has reported seeing anything or anyone there during that 24 hr period from the time she went missing. She could have easily gone undetected for a few weeks or even a few months. He wouldn't know when she would be found.

That was the dump spot. There's nothing implying that's where he first took her.

I don't see this as a dump 'n run (although it could be) but, more of a planned deposit of her remains. I also tend to think he may be a local who is familar with this area.

As for openly displaying her remains...if her remains were found outside of the bag (that has been mentioned before) or posed in any fashion then I'm leaning towards the flaunting of his accomplishment.

Especially, when you consider where the victim's bookbag and water bottle were discovered. In my mind, this is not a killer trying to conceal his deed or buy time.

Instead, I see this as a flagrant display of his accomplishments almost like a trophy.

I also do not feel this killer is a novice either...jmo.

Good day all.

Its been so long since I have been on here I lost all of my account information and had to make a new one.

I am not quite sure after reading all the posts why everyone is so fascinated with the fact that this little girl was dismembered, even to the point you are wondering which if any organs were taken. I could only hope if I ever had a family member have this happen to them I would not read it like it is being displayed on this site. JMO I know but think about it.

Also, why are we calling the perp a man. There are a lot of vicious women out there as well.

It's only natural for the human mind to imagine the absolute worst with little information. The mind will fill in the blanks in the least rosy picture. At this point, anything is possible. I think everybody is only speculating for now.

I will be so upset if they don't catch this person!

I don't think that we can draw any conclusions about transporting remains. There's no reason to assume that Jessica was murdered at a different location.
SOME remains were transported, either TO the dump site (where the parts were found) or FROM the dump site, assuming it was the crime scene, and site where dismemberment occurred. I am more inclined to believe the mutilation occurred at an "unkown" location, and the parts found were transported to the fireld. I believe the remaining parts were either taken elsewhere and dumped, or more thoroughly destroyed (crushed, burned, etc.). I tend to think you's have to have some serious nerve to dismember a body in the middle of an open field.

Maybe it's a stupid newbie thought....I'm really not as on top of things as everyone else here, but would it be ridiculous to think maybe whomever did this took her to a storage unit and did whatever he did? I'm just thinking...I mean, there's a couple not terribly far from her school, wouldn't take a crazy amount of time to get to.
I could see something happening like, new guy in the area for a few months, he notices Jessica, maybe she walks her dog everyday, so he ends up with a dog and starts "running into" her as she's out and he's got his dog/puppy, starts up a repertoire with her - I mean, she is a young girl and if she had her dog with her it could be an ice breaker to start talking, so to speak. Maybe this went on for a couple months. I'm sure he could find out things like the fact her mom slept during the day, if she got to where she thought of him as a "friend" or someone nice. The morning she's taken, it's snowy and rainy, the perp pulls up to her right after she's gotten to the sidewalk in front of her house and mom has shut the door, says hi, asks if she wants a ride up to the park to meet her friend like usual because he's on his way wherever, maybe she gets in voluntarily, he could chloroform her or the like and take off. My only thought with the storage unit is, they may have cameras and closed circuit tv, but if he'd been "storing" stuff there for a while, it wouldn't be odd for him to come in if he'd established a habit of stopping there at a certain time of day. Maybe he started doing something like that, planning on taking her before school because she'd told him her mom slept during the day.
I don't know. Another silly thought maybe. I just was thinking, IF he lived near her and planned this and has POSSIBLY done something like this before, it would be logical to think the cops would comb the area and houses after she was taken and after she was found if he planned on leaving the body somewhere, so taking her home to do whatever, might not be the best idea because of evidence.
*shrug*

The storage unit thought had crossed my mind as well. Thanks for putting it out there.

But how could it not matter? If you live with someone you suspect and LE knocks on the door, doesn't find enough information to do anything, and leaves--your life could then be in danger, no?

If someone lives with someone they feel could be involved, I think they would be better off going directly to the police, so they could be protected and maybe even work with police to find out the information that is needed.

JMO

Not to be a smart@$$, but... if I lived with someone who I had legitimate reason to think was the perpetrator of this heinous crime, I would find someplace else to live, even before I did anything else. I might get someone else to relay the tip to authorities, but why would I continue to reside with someone I was fairly certain had done this sort of thing?

To date, is anybody sure that the condition of the body was described as anything but "not intact." by law enforcement?

I know Nancy Grace and some media have described it as dismembered and dissected etc. I still can't help but think that perhaps a coyote was at least partially involved.

If so, can somebody post a link to a video or a sourced quote?

Wish I had cable to watch HLN and even crazy Nancy Grace tonight.

To my knowledge, the only phrase LE has used is "not intact." That was quickly interpreted by some to mean dismemberment and, now, I see the word dissection is being used.

IMO, all I need to know is that she was "not intact". I am not interested in learning the details of how she came to be that way. But it does seem to be of interest to a lot of people.:waitasec:

For me, the words of LE "Not intact" are worse than the thought of being dismembered.

Makes me think of Jack The Ripper...:(

SOME remains were transported, either TO the dump site (where the parts were found) or FROM the dump site, assuming it was the crime scene, and site where dismemberment occurred. I am more inclined to believe the mutilation occurred at an "unkown" location, and the parts found were transported to the fireld. I believe the remaining parts were either taken elsewhere and dumped, or more thoroughly destroyed (crushed, burned, etc.). I tend to think you's have to have some serious nerve to dismember a body in the middle of an open field.

There are two shacks, one of which is 150 feet away ... ample opportunity for someone to remain undiscovered in the area for hours. There are also several abandoned buildings on the other side of the road.

Here's a close up of the shack is a few hundred feet away from the location where Jessica's body was found. The access road is just to the right of the shack.

largershack.jpg

exactly.
And that Carry person could have been me.

I wouldn't have just shot, I would have made verbal commands first.
But, it really is the wrong thing to do as an experiment.

I am deaf in one ear. Depending on which way my good ear is pointing, which way the wind is blowing and what the acoustics of the specific location are, I can be quite close to someone shouting and either not hear them or think they are shouting from a very different place from where they actually are.

No, I don't have a hearing aid because the nerve was destroyed; no amplification is going to work on that ear.

It is remarkably difficult to find reliable statistics about how many people there are in the US who are either deaf or functionally deaf; in large part, it's because no two studies define deafness and functional deafness in the same way.

The conservative guesstimate is that about 1 million people in the US have some form of hearing loss. Other estimates go as high as 5 million.

That means roughly 1 to 5 people in every 300 people are affected.

It may seem unlikely but please, if at all possible, make sure your target can actually hear you.

I've been hit by car twice in parking lots since I lost the hearing in one ear 18 years ago. Both times the drivers assumed I knew their vehicle was moving.

Also, why are we calling the perp a man. There are a lot of vicious women out there as well.

The FBI profiled that it is a man. All previous witness statements of early abduction/luring tips were also men. So I think it's safe to assume it is a man at this point.

It's not that he's a bad person to be around for awhile at social events. It's hard to explain why I don't like him. I've always felt something was off with him. Much the same way I felt about my former boss (Dan Dewild for any locals who are familiar with the case) who is now in jail and awaiting trial for killing his ex wife. It's just a gut feeling I've had since I met him that I can't seem to get rid of.

I understand what you are saying...and can sort of relate.

There is a man I know....known him since I was a teenager. He is friends with my parents and former church associate to my father. He was around our house a lot growing up. He was just really odd...and hard to explain why. He never did anything to hurt me or my siblings (well not that I know of)...but I always felt just weird vibe from him. He is super religious as are my parents, so he was always around us for "church things" too.

Anyways, over 20 yrs later....he has never once had a girlfriend (that always was strange to me) and always worked in children's ministry and is very touchy feely with the boys (wresting, play fighting sort of stuff, nothing overtly inappropriate). Now he is a foster parent to young boys (they come and go based on their situations)....and I get the worst gut feeling about it. But I have zero information or proof or anything that he has ever done anything wrong........but my gut feels that something is off with him.

Ive mentioned this to a couple of close friends (that dont know him) and they have always told me to call in an anonymous tip just to have someone check things out........but because I have nothing really to give authorities other than "the dude creeps me out"....I never have.

Its all just my personal creaped out feelings about him...and I just have to hope that that is all it is and not some sort of intution going off!

The garbage truck was still at the site as of late yesterday when I took this photo.

picture.php

The site where the body was found is not visible from any homes.

Thank you for being our 'eyes' at the scene. Much appreciated!

Can anyone tell me whether or not her friends ever waited for her at their meeting place and if they went looking for her at all. I know they are young but being that age at one time I would have done that. Also, did any neighbors see Jessica leaving her house at all to go to school, we are talking a busy time of the morning, people leaving for work at the same time the buses are coming and kids are walking to school, so someone should have seen her leave her house, if not and they usually do, I think they need to check the home a little bit more.

Hey guys, I have been mostly MIA from here this weekend and have only caught what's been said on the news. I was SO UPSET that the blue car pic apparently had nothing to do with the case, I'm sure I missed a lot of chatter about it. Personally I have been thinking way too hard about this, I've been dreaming about it nightly and this weekend while we were out Halloween shopping I swear I was in full on panic mode about where my little girl was.

Is there a place (timeline?) I can go to to get caught up? Last I was on was something like thread 7 and I just cannot go back. I see discussion above about the dismemberment and I feel like I missed some news.

TIA, I know it's annoying, but if somebody could give me a bullet-point response that would be enough!

Hello all, Newbie here.
I've lurked over here for a long time - Since the Shantina and Azriel Smiley case. But I finally joined when everything started with little Jessica.
This has hit me hard because it's not only in my backyard so to speak, but where she was found is less than 2 miles as the crow flies, from where some family has just moved. So it's incredibly surreal being that this is in an area I've been in and spent plenty of time on the road she was on, etc.
What's been niggling me at times since this happened is where my in laws are living. It's a BRAND new housing development, it's not finished, they're still building and working on housing over there.
I guess my first thought when I found out about the body being found over there was that it would possibly have been very easy for one of the workers over at the development, to be involved. They've been working over there for over a year now, and they hire guys who just come into town....So I've wondered if they've checked out that construction company at all (according to in laws, that community wasn't checked I don't think, where they're living), they've been here long enough someone who started working for them with these houses may not be from here, but they've been here long enough to know their way around....plus, I wondered if any evidence could have been gotten rid of over in that housing area because they've got stuff being buried or built over or concreted in every day or so. Although I have no idea then, why they wouldn't have buried her there totally. But who knows, this is obvious a sick individual.
I'm probably far off, but it was just a random wondering from me.....

I was just going to post something along those lines. A friend of mine lives in Ohio. A house across the street from him was having extensive remodeling work done. They basically doubled the size of the house. Work crews were getting there at 7:00am and working till about 4pm. They were there for months. After awhile, there were some burglaries in the neighborhood. My friend came home from work sick one day and caught someone about to break into his house. He called the police, they set up a perimeter and caught three guys. Turns out they were from the construction crew working on the house across from my friend. While they were working on the house, they were paying attention to the patterns of the people in the neighborhood. After awhile, they had figured out what times people would be away from their homes, etc. That's why my friend caught them in the act. They weren't expecting him home that early. I just feel that there could have been someone who maybe memorized these patterns in Jessica's neighborhood too?

Good day all.

Its been so long since I have been on here I lost all of my account information and had to make a new one.

I am not quite sure after reading all the posts why everyone is so fascinated with the fact that this little girl was dismembered, even to the point you are wondering which if any organs were taken. I could only hope if I ever had a family member have this happen to them I would not read it like it is being displayed on this site. JMO I know but think about it.

I think the FBI BAU guy said it was safe to say it was a man. Doesn't mean he's right, but that's the direction they led us

To date, is anybody sure that the condition of the body was described as anything but "not intact." by law enforcement?

I know Nancy Grace and some media have described it as dismembered and dissected etc. I still can't help but think that perhaps a coyote was at least partially involved.

If so, can somebody post a link to a video or a sourced quote?

Wish I had cable to watch HLN and even crazy Nancy Grace tonight.

BBM

Be careful what you wish for. :floorlaugh:

I come in to read while I am eating lunch at work. Bad timing with the current subject.

I have wondered if the perp is/has/was taunting the LE (leaving notes or calling). Just with the backpak being left where it was. And maybe the cautious way LE has been reporting things. Just a thought.

Everything that happened could have been done inside a van, couldn't it? I see this perp getting JR in the van and going to some spot where it felt sure not to be seen. Doing whatever was done to her, killing her, and the rest, all inside the van. Then dumping maybe just a small part of her body which could easily be tossed over the fence into the gully. Then driving to the location where the bp was placed. From there, out of town or back home, possibly near JR's home.

Good day all.

I can not answer for anyone else....but I can assume or guess (lol)....

the way the body was handled and what was done with the remains gives a bit of insight into the mind of the perp. it also helps build a profile and it can be compared against other cases.....

I personally see nothing wrong w/ the wondering and speculating about the condition of the body.....it is a horrible topic to discuss for many...but for others, it is a revelant piece of the puzzle (and one that even law enforcement will be trying to figure out)....

JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member