CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westminster Police said Thursday its investigators are working with local, state and federal partners to make an arrest.

Does that sound like they have a suspect or person in mind to you?

That does (from the article) but once again - what LE is saying is different:

The Westminster Police Department, along with our local, state and federal partners, continues our focused search to identify and apprehend the individual responsible for Jessica Ridgeway’s disappearance and death.

http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

why can't reporters just say what LE is saying??:banghead::banghead:

I wonder if anyone knows the history of that shed/shack near the crime scene and when it was tagged. Lettering looks quite weathered.:

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here.

The original phrase is from concentration camp gates; however, could someone who had rage from being sent to or released from prison have written that on the wall?

I wonder if anyone knows the history of that shed/shack near the crime scene and when it was tagged. Lettering looks quite weathered.:

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here.

The original phrase is from concentration camp gates; however, could someone who had rage from being sent to or released from prison have written that on the wall?

possibly, but I am betting that was done by local teens.

Maybe someone sent to Juvenile Detention Center???

Just questioning. Could be, or not.

I do not think our perp is responsible for writing that graffiti.

I do think our perp will have had involvement with the juvenile system.

If he didn't want her found quickly why didn't he just bury her? I feel like the dismemberment has a whole other meaning. I have read that dismemberment was rage. They turn the blame for their crime toward the victim I believe. jmo

I don't know. Digging is hard work and time consuming. He may not have had time and a place. Had he dug in the "open space" area, it would have taken longer, thus more time to be discovered. Who knows? Maybe he's just lazy.

If this perp is as smart and sly as to leaving clues and doing things systematically as some think he is___does anyone think he would still be in the area? He is either so far under the radar or so above suspicion if he is still in the area. Or he is a total dumb *advertiser censored*. I think LE is on top of him and it will be soon and all questions will be answered. At least this is what I am hoping for

From your keyboard to God's ear.

Maybe he's just so arrogant that he thinks he's smarter than everyone else and can hide in plain sight.

:twocents:

I think the remains were meant for the culvert/drain pipe area. He was either interrupted or spooked before accomplishing that or animal scavengers dragged the bagged remains out from culvert area and that is why a garbage bag was found near the remains according to some early reports.

I do not think our perp is responsible for writing that graffiti.

I do think our perp will have had involvement with the juvenile system.
------------

How about a long time ago, the perp had involvement with the juvenile system, and wrote the graffiti back then?

You know, I have been following every post about JR and these are my observations: I think this killer is extremely smart. I think he's willing to let other people take the fall for him. Maybe the killer is putting out the rumors on Facebook and elsewhere to detract from himself. Hiding in plain sight. I think he's going to do it again real soon. I think he's very proud of himself, and I think he wants to taunt the police more than he is already doing.

Have you noticed that LE hasn't spoken about him for a while? I think he's not getting the attention he thinks he deserves, so he's going to up the ante.

You know, a lot of people equate nice looking with being a good person. I think quite the opposite is true. JMO and all that.

------------

How about a long time ago, the perp had involvement with the juvenile system, and wrote the graffiti back then?

lol, I give, Uncle.

I think a lot of parents are being more diligent about this. I was at the grocery store this past weekend and a woman went ballistic on her son (about 10-12), who was supposed to be with the cart but went to the next aisle to look at Halloween stuff.

And I think this abductor knows what he's doing looking for kids this age. He knows that this is the age they want independence the most, and this is the age parents are allowing it to happen.

OR he has something against kids this age, like he was picked on at this age or abused at this age. Honestly I don't know if I think the guy approaching 13 year old boys is the same who took Jessica. She just doesn't fit. Either way, it would be nice to catch the candy guy anyway.

We learn more every year about the criminal mind but unfortunately at this point what we do know is that when creepy perps target young kids it's because they "like" this. They target them the way they do because they're small and easy to overpower - you literally can grab them and run. I was targeted twice as a kid and have been interested in the criminal mind since I was in Jr High. Planned on turning it into a career but realised how difficult it would be to make a living, there are only a small handful of profilers and, let's be honest, I'm not THAT smart lol.

If he didn't want her found quickly why didn't he just bury her? I feel like the dismemberment has a whole other meaning. I have read that dismemberment was rage. They turn the blame for their crime toward the victim I believe. jmo

Like he was angry with Jessica for "making" him do something he didn't want to or knew he shouldn't? Made him lose control? Interesting theory. I think I'm going to mull this one over.

There were fire warnings out before the fire started. Conditions are still dry, unseasonably warm and windy. It doesn't take much. IIRC, there were fall fires in Boulder County in the fall a couple of years ago.

As for why it started: people are stupid. We were up in the mountains in July when they'd canceled fireworks and everything because the fire danger was so high, and heard from a bookstore owner up there that she'd come across people camping with a campfire. They claimed they didn't know there was a fire ban--never mind all those lighted signs saying FIRE BAN - EXTREME FIRE DANGER all over the county. She made them put it out, but was out walking her dog the next morning and they had one going again.
:banghead:

I would however, be willing to bet on some serial arsonists in the area....

It was reported Wednesday but the Littleton attempt happened on Monday (same day as the girl on Arvada reported someone following her on the way to school).

It could just be me, but something about the Littleton one seems off -- especially the part about trying to grab a 14-year-old boy. Maybe he was an especially small 14-year-old boy? It doesn't seem particularly similar to any of the Arvada attempted lurings. I'm also a bit surprised about the salt-and-pepper hair when his age is also described as 35-40. As I said, it seems a bit off. Maybe a bad copycat?

True. I want to follow and cuss people out who toss lit cigarettes out their windows while there are dozens of fires at the time.

Interesting, I kind of assumed the opposite - that the perp was not aware of this being a high school hangout spot. But I also believe he didn't want her found quickly, but this was the "best he could do" in the time he had available.

I guess I can see it that way also, but i keep thinking the fact that her body was within the barbed wire circumference is specific.
Why would somebody make it a point (and I suppose therefore not random)
To place a body within the confines of fencing?

Found this last night and haven't finished reading it yet.

It's really interesting.

PLACE, SPACE, AND POLICE
INVESTIGATIONS: HUNTING SERIAL
VIOLENT CRIMINALS
by
D. Kim Rossmo
Simon Fraser University

(I copied and pasted the title of the paper that's why it's in all caps)

http://www.popcenter.org/library/crimeprevention/volume_04/10-Rossmo.pdf

Abstract from paper so you can decide if you want to read it or not:

Abstract: Police investigations of serial murder, rape and arson can be
assisted by a geographic perspective on the spatial behavior that led to the
crime scene. For any crime to occur there must have been an intersection in
both time and place between the offender and victim. How did this come to
happen? What are the hunting patterns of predatory criminals? Environmental
criminology and the routine activity approach provide a general framework
for addressing these questions, and work in this area represents a
practical application of theory to the real world of police investigation. By
"inverting" research that has focused on relating crime places to offender
residences, the locations of a series of crimes can be used to determine where
an offender might reside. The probable spatial behavior of the offender can
thus be derivedfrom information contained in the known crime-site locations,
their geographic connections, and the characteristics and demography of the
surrounding areas. By determining the probability of the offender residing in
various areas, and displaying those results through the use of isopleth or
choropleth maps, police efforts to apprehend criminals can be assisted. This
investigative approach is known as geographic profiling.
INTRODUCTION

I saved it so I can read it here and there.

you're lucky you got the resources so soon. It took me til about 5 months to find the right info to know what I was dealing with and how to make it work for me (no sleep for 5 months straight!) and DD and DH.
That's my fav book. I also like Raising Your Spirited Child, and The Fussy Baby Book. There's a bunch more out there too.

I have a sensitive boy too- you wrapped this up too, he saves all his emotions for me. When he was a few weeks old I was already reading the book, the Highly Sensitive Child- I already knew.

If you watch the urban decay art film posted 2 years ago for a school art project, that shack is painted inside and out.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9246162"]Pattridge Park on Vimeo[/ame]

Knowing it is a teen hangout, most of it would be teens. Could have been used as a squat for homeless druggies or released inmates, but we don't know. People that follow the ideation of skinheads use a lot of Nazi quotes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06