CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why would LE ask for any local areas that sold crosses like this? Or why would they admit to looking for it online but couldn't find it and so released it to public for help? If it was joggers she would know very well where she purchased it
I have to wonder if they are making sure these are not being mass produced somewhere they have not found yet, making sure it really is unique and not something that hundreds of people have purchased.

During my copious spare time, I make and sell items at craft fairs and Renaissance faires. Anyone who likes my stuff comes by and buys something every year when I go to a show. You will not find me there any other time than when I am selling at that fair. I produce many things that are similar, and might have replicated some things over the years. If someone were to leave an item of mine at a murder site, hundreds of other people locally and in other states might have something like it, and very few would remember where they bought it. But some might. And you won't find anything I make on the Internet.

Point being, perhaps LE wants to know if this might be a more common object (something a traveling craftsman or reseller-made in another country,shipped and sold here-- would sell), or a unique one. Unique could make it definitely connected, more common would mean possibly connected.

Prolly, Nore, seems everyone else does.. LE, Criminalogists, Profilers, MS Media, authors, bloggers, TV(Dateline), Prosecutors, Judges, etc..

http://formercriminalprosecutor.blogspot.com/2012/10/jessica-ridgeway-we-are-looking-for-her.html

I am almost sure that "he" was here in the beginning, posting and everything, but several of us had the same feeling and I think that drove him off. I do think that he is still reading here, but he has decided that it was to risky to continue to post. JMO, MOO, and all that jazz.

Yes, I remember seeing that on local news, I think. I recall wondering why they were in the tree.

They were definitely looking at something in the tree, but if it was this cross, it would have to have something additional to call attention to it. There wasn't anything noticeable in the news video.

They were definitely looking at something in the tree, but if it was this cross, it would have to have something additional to call attention to it. There wasn't anything noticeable in the news video.

LOL, and here we are, back to that dang tree!

Ridgewayketnerlake1.jpg

More pics
ketner%20lake.jpg

Gangs can be very brutal but in the end, gangs are about profit and I do not see where the profit would be in killing this 10 year old girl. I don't buy it. This is a solo, cowardly, worthless little of a man who did this .. Just my opinion.

People are bringing up gang involvement...But I am having a hard time imagining the Bloods or Crips or MS-13 etc being involved...

Im with you on this. This isn't gang related, it's a sex offender. A pedophile.

well, I have been concerned over the cross all day. I have found that it is vintage, and to top it all off....I decided to relax and watch a movie.

In the last scene....there was the cross!!!!

Movie was: The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising

I've had the very same feelings about the cross from the first time I saw it, but the size seems to small, I think i've seen it larger and it is driving me nuts because I feel like I "just" saw it. I hope it comes to me because I don't think any amount of web searching will give me the answer.

I don't know if this has been shared, but I found this.
Alex Cross is the new action thriller staring Tyler Perry, and Matthew Fox plays a shaven-headed serial killer named Picasso. The film is based on the best selling Alex Cross book series by James Patterson, and the film’s villain is known for dismembering victims and leaving Cubist drawings as calling cards at the scene of his crimes.

BBM. Maybe Jessica's killer was inspired by these books, this character. Wouldn't it be nuts if it turns out the killer's name is Alex.

PLEASE read the rest of the rewind. You cannot pick and choose what you hear/post. J's dad cleared it up. IMO.

I did READ it. Don't know the rules but pretty sure I can't post the whole post. That's why I provided a link. But thanks!

and even though the dad did clear it up that wasnt't my point. Even if J said she stopped and was talking to a teacher, I wanted to know if anyone clarified this with the teachers aide not the father. No one is ruled out as a suspect except the family, so why should we take his word for it?

well, I have been concerned over the cross all day. I have found that it is vintage, and to top it all off....I decided to relax and watch a movie.

In the last scene....there was the cross!!!!

Movie was: The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising

Well, that's what you get for trying to relax during an important case...:D:

The time information strongly makes me think that it was found with Jessica's body or near it, but I am not sure how they are connecting that to the incident with the 20 something unless I have mixed things up and the possible connection isn't from the cross? If it was just laying around the area it could be anyone's, but they seem more confident which leads me to believe some level of confidence has gone into thinking it is connected.

I am actually shocked they released this. I am more used to the iron tight investigations where little if anything is ever released. I think it shows just how badly LE wants this person off the streets NOW. Also, they have his DNA so releasing some of this other "little" stuff won't hurt a case like it may in other cases, I suppose.

I'm catching up from a few days of being only home while sleeping. Do we know that they have the perp's DNA?

Thank you for the visual. Watch my head spin off as I try to fathom WHY there was no media report of the 8 year old being grabbed in May, especially after the 22 year old was accosted in that same area. Even if it not the same perp, more than one person was attacked in the same area, and residents should have been informed.

I'm catching up from a few days of being only home while sleeping. Do we know that they have the perp's DNA?

They released that they DNA tested the guy who dismembered his Mom and was a suspect and it wasn't a match. That pretty much confirms that they have DNA to test against. That makes me feel better. All we need to know for sure is a DNA test against a POI/suspect or if he ever gets arrested for a felony/sex offender type charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double