CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost wish three or four undercover WPD woman officers would stroll around that park in exercise clothes.... of course with hidden cameras and tazers.
;)

I have a friend who jogs all over, rides her bike for miles, and hikes in the woods. She is a very attractive blonde in her 40's. But, she carries her pistol with her and she knows how to use it. Maybe that is the answer. Don't quit jogging, just start packing. jmo

I am all for packing. But if a guy grabs you from behind and either uses a chemical (as in these cases) or overpowers you so you can't get to your gun . . .what then?

I do wish the world was a place where women and children didn't ever have to worry about this cr*p.

Well, about the only way I'm gonna run is if someone is chasing me. lol

I love being active, playing sports, etc... but I can't just jog aimlessly without a reason.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I almost wish three or four undercover WPD woman officers would stroll around that park in exercise clothes.... of course with hidden cameras and tazers.
;)

That would be nice for a stakeout of this goon.

I run, but I assure you I am at no risk. TMI- I breastfed my kids for a long time, so you can imagine. There is no greatness left.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't know. I don't think that matters (even though it might be an issue for some perps). Stay safe!

Neighbor intervied where Jessica's remains were located...

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...Jessica-Ridgeway-Investigation-173831201.html
Article quotes a local seeing a green pick-up truck

Neighbors said they talked to police about seeing anything suspicious leading up to the discovery of the body.

“I’m very sorry. I’m very much afraid that it’s the little girl,” said Shirley Snyder.

Snyder lives just a few streets away from where the grim discovery surfaced.

“They asked if I had seen anything suspicious in my backyard, like thrown over my fence,” said Snyder.

“That’s as much quiet country as you can get. There’s nothing back there from this house to 93 there’s nothing,” said neighbor Chris Mourie.

Mourie is one of several neighbors who have told police about suspicious activity in the community.

“There was a green pickup truck that was parked there yesterday
. Because this was such a remote area we really don’t see that many people,” said Mourie.

A green pickup truck parked just west of Leyden would make sense. There has been some construction work on the new bridge.

A truck parked where the body was found would not be visible from her house.

;)

There probably are some doing just that. jmo

Honestly, I don't understand how any woman can go jogging alone? I see them all the time, bouncing down a country road, a busy street, or along a riverwalk, wearing skimpy and/or tight-fitting clothes, with headphones on, and I cannot understand how they have the nerve. Women have even told me about having guys expose themselves to them while they were running in some park or remote area. Even if someone doesn't abduct you right there, anyone with a bad idea in mind is likely to notice you.

JMO

Thats a little offensive. Not all women wear skimpy clothes when they jog. I certainly do not. It's like anything else, you have to be smart about where you go and pay attention to your surroundings. Jogging is great exercise and has been wonderful for me personally both mentally and physically. I am very careful about when and where I run and about paying attention to my surroundings when I do. I refuse to let the evil people in this world force me to give up things I enjoy doing that are also good for me. That's how I personally have the nerve.

This video is good. I wonder where the perp would have taken her, the jogger.

It seems like he would have walked some way to his car and people would have seen him, in the middle of the day, carrying a grown woman. There are homes right there, he wouldn't have been able to rape her right in the open. So I wonder if he was just testing his skills, rather than a serious attempt.

Perhaps however there was a place where his car could have been nearby, I am not sure.

Nancy grace is saying DNA from book bag matches jiggers DNA attack. Does this imply they only have DNA from bag and not body? Maybe people are just using terms loosely

33408120003_large.jpg

:what: OT, but look at the price on that GAS!! I do agree with the car though.

Why does it look like to me that a back door opens momentarily on the car? Watch the video and watch the back door facing the camera. Does anyone else think that? Something definitely happens in that area on the car.

Thats a little offensive. Not all women wear skimpy clothes when they jog. I certainly do not. It's like anything else, you have to be smart about where you go and pay attention to your surroundings. Jogging is great exercise and has been wonderful for me personally both mentally and physically. I am very careful about when and where I run and about paying attention to my surroundings when I do. I refuse to let the evil people in this world force me to give up things I enjoy doing that are also good for me. That's how I personally have the nerve.

I agree. We can't give in, but just be proactive and take care of yourself. Sounds like you are doing just that. But, remember Jessica was just walking to school. jmo

This video is good. I wonder where the perp would have taken her, the jogger.

It seems like he would have walked some way to his car and people would have seen him, in the middle of the day, carrying a grown woman. There are homes right there, he wouldn't have been able to rape her right in the open. So I wonder if he was just testing his skills, rather than a serious attempt.

Perhaps however there was a place where his car could have been nearby, I am not sure.

Nancy grace is saying DNA from book bag matches jiggers DNA attack. Does this imply they only have DNA from bag and not body? Maybe people are just using terms loosely

If he ran away from her, then he must have ran out of sight, which would be in the direction of his vehicle. MOO. That would have been a bit much to carry her back to the car unconscious.

Vabrownid, great picture but I don't think I can ever remember gas being $1.89 LOL.

Can't imagine OP meant it to be offensive (not even sure how). I mean, we've just learned the perp in this actual thread about this actual killing also went after a female jogger.

(I live near a lot of colleges so I basically never see *non skimpy/tight* jogwear. But that's not judgment or blame-the-victim on my part, just honestly assessing what can be a risky hobby in a dangerous world. I don't judge anyone for doing it any more than I judge them for other potentially (to me) risky hobbies, like mountain climbing. I just have a lower fear threshold than some.)

OK....so Nancy's producer said the perp is white...light-skinned white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member