CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lpdirect.net/casb/crs/19-2-511.html

Some legal stuff about juvenile confessions for Colorado. Sounds like it could be valid as long as a parent was with him and/or if the court finds he was aware he was waiving his rights. If his mother was NOT present, the confession is likely to be thrown out, from what I can determined from the first paragraph.

Read this early this morning clu.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=8859964

Authorities have released few details about their investigation, and court documents have been sealed. A police custody report said Sigg was cooperative when he was arrested and waived his rights, though his public defenders said during the hearing that the waivers had been revoked.

Not directed at clu but just chatting.

I understand the anger about this crime but here is something to consider. He needs a fair trial.

If he isn't given a fair trial that has all of the t's crossed and all of the i's dotted then he can (once convicted) go back and back and back and back to court in an attempt to get the conviction overturned or a retrial or his sentence lessened. (I just saw an instance here in HI, there is no thread here for this trial, and the guy was convicted of 1st degree murder, got the conviction overturned because of an error and took a plea on a 2nd degree homicide. From 1st degree murder to 2nd degree homicide. You do the math...he got off easy peasy). ugh.

I say let him get a fair trial. Then when he's convicted he's convicted for good.JMHO.

My feeling is his confession is not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I do not believe him in my gut.

Read this early this morning clu.

Not directed at clu but just chatting.

I understand the anger about this crime but here is something to consider. He needs a fair trial.

If he isn't given a fair trial that has all of the t's crossed and all of the i's dotted then he can (once convicted) go back and back and back and back to court in an attempt to get the conviction overturned or a retrial or his sentence lessened. (I just saw an instance here in HI, there is no thread here for this trial, and the guy was convicted of 1st degree murder, got the conviction overturned because of an error and took a plea on a 2nd degree homicide. From 1st degree murder to 2nd degree homicide. You do the math...he got off easy peasy). ugh.

I say let him get a fair trial. Then when he's convicted he's convicted for good.JMHO.

I was not giving an opinion either way, and also, we don't know for sure that his mom was present. (Although I am guessing she was, as that would have been something the defense would have mentioned for sure, I think, since the confession would be most easily disqualified if she had not been.)

I feel the judges will do the right thing; it the confession was legally obtained, it will come in.

I've adored your posts since we encountered one another on another case. You are so good at sleuthing, hats off! Whenever I read what you find, and I attempt to do the same, I'm blown away. Just saying hi and glad to see you in this thread! :rocker:

Aww, thanks AstroKitty, I'm glad that people are reading what I'm finding, this case has been such a tidal wave of postings! I'm not giving up though, there is NO WAY that is his only username. With him being 17 it's trickier because he's not going to appear in the traditional databases via just his name.

That wish list is from 2010-2011. I thought maybe he wanted to get it for a girl?? Maybe a girl that thwarted his advances and started this downward spiral???

How do I find the amazon wish list?

For any of you who have followed the Lauren Giddings case ... Sigg is a younger version of Stephen McDaniel. Scary, how similar the two are, but for the ages.

I was not giving an opinion either way, and also, we don't know for sure that his mom was present. (Although I am guessing she was, as that would have been something the defense would have mentioned for sure, I think, since the confession would be most easily disqualified if she had not been.)

I feel the judges will do the right thing; it the confession was legally obtained, it will come in.

Yes I do too. I couldn't make heads or tails out of that article this morning so that's why I didn't mention it until I saw what you posted.

But, I did think that if he did waive and his Mom was there for him to do so that his attn's might fight that in court since they vocalized that the waiver was revoked.

But then again who knows clu? I sure can't figure it out lol :)

Interesting you mention the bankruptcy... Could the bankruptcy dates line up with the dates of the two cases he's charged with? Jogger and Jessica?

I'm finding that she filed Chapter 7 in May. End of May (Memorial Day?) was the attempted abduction of the jogger at Ketner.

Can't find a link, but seem to recall reading @ something happening with the bankruptcy case (a ruling?) perhaps in late September, shortly before Jessica vanished. Anybody remember this? TIA

I can look up the exact date his Mom filed on PACER if you want.

Here:
Date filed: 05/31/2012
Date terminated: 10/25/2012
Debtor discharged: 09/11/2012

Oops, I was wrong, it was discharged 9/11.

I could download the petition but it's 56 pages and not sure I want to pay the five bucks.

How do I find the amazon wish list?

For any of you who have followed the Lauren Giddings case ... Sigg is a younger version of Stephen McDaniel. Scary, how similar the two are, but for the ages.

There was a link a couple pages back- if I can find it ill bring it over

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&id=HRKFDYCAJGLN&type=wishlist?tag=citofgamonlco-20"]Amazon.com: austin: Wish List@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41cHIYod2DL.@@AMEPARAM@@41cHIYod2DL[/ame]

BBM

hey guys, I haven't been able to keep up today. My offline life is interferring, dadgummit! lol

So, obviously I haven't kept up with today's news. Where did this specific detail come from? We need to link this stuff up.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/24/report...-confessed-to-keeping-remains-in-crawl-space/

Sigg reportedly waived his rights and told investigators that human remains could be found inside a crawl space under the home where he was arrested.

also here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/24/jessica-ridgeway-arrest-colorado/1654699/

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/24/report...-confessed-to-keeping-remains-in-crawl-space/

Sigg reportedly waived his rights and told investigators that human remains could be found inside a crawl space under the home where he was arrested.

also here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/24/jessica-ridgeway-arrest-colorado/1654699/

Hi Ransom,

Beach was asking for a link that supported that a specific organ had been removed from the victims body.

HTH. Thanks for those links though :) I hadn't seen that one video.

Can anyone knowledgeble on Colorado criminal law, elaborate on what they meant when the article state (can't remember which one) that as a juvenile "he is not eligible for the DP nor mandatory life without parole" I understand what they mean, but curious to know what the maximum sentence would be for him? Life w/parole? or is Life totally off the table?

TIA

Here:

I could download the petition but it's 56 pages and not sure I want to pay the five bucks.
Thank you! Wow, that was fast. The dates in Mom's bankruptcy case do kinda seem to line up with the two crimes, IMO. FWIW.

Thanks again. :seeya:

I still keep thinking about the three youtube videos called "voice of kipnappers of Jessica Ridgeway" (that were audio recordings) that were posted in succession the day before Jessica was discovered. I know some people listened to some of the audio as did myself. Could it have been AS that compiled these videos. They were very disturbing and graphic in what they were claming to have done to Jessica and they claimed they had her in their basement...there were two voices to be heard in the video both of which seemed to be of teenage boys, but only one did the talking. It really makes me wonder.

Do you remember the link to the videos or if the person who was speaking had a high pitched voice? I read earlier on Fox 31 that AS was supposedly bullied because he did have a high pitched voice.
Thanks.

Can anyone knowledgeble on Colorado criminal law, elaborate on what they meant when the article state (can't remember which one) that as a juvenile "he is not eligible for the DP nor mandatory life without parole" I understand what they mean, but curious to know what the maximum sentence would be for him? Life w/parole? or is Life totally off the table?

TIA

Not a lawyer Lisha but I saw this today:

Jefferson County District Attorney Scott Storey said prosecutors cannot seek the death penalty for Sigg because he is a minor, even though he is being prosecuted as an adult.

Under Colorado law, juveniles can be sentenced to life in prison if convicted of murder but it would be up to a judge to determine whether that's appropriate.

In addition, defendants in such cases would be eligible for parole in 40 years, said Jeanne Smith, former El Paso County prosecutor and director of the Colorado Division of Criminal Justice.

That caught my eye. Just sharing.

Here:

You're the Pacer Queen! I have your name in my mental go-to file, lol.

What was the order of the despicable acts he committed on Jessica? I thought he strangled her right away and then he hogtied her after but while still in his vehicle. If this is so, why did he hogtie her? What was the point? Hogtie a dead girl? Was he into bondage fetish stuff on the internet? If so, then he is on the deep web, IMO. He has to be there.

So he kills and hogties her to get his kicks but that's not enough so he dismembers her. I call BS. He had every intention of defiling her body that day. Is he so brilliant that he could find a place to leave Jessica's body for awhile and then return to cut her up? It seems to me LE doesn't know where he dismembered her. Why is he not revealing that info to police? If they don't know yet, then he is not pleading guilty IMO. Where did this guy hang out? I'm not going to be shocked to find out that this guy hangs out in graveyards and he may have even stolen pieces of people's bodies from the cemetery. JMO

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusive-details-about-arrest-kidnapping-of-jessica-ridgeway-revealed/

*“She was freaked out by a teenager staring at her at the park.” Emily Alexander says Sigg’s stare was so cold that her daughter remembered it days later.
“After Jessica was kidnapped she told me she knew who it was. She was sure she knew who it was and it was this teenager. A few days later he was walking by and she pointed him out and she said ‘That’s the guy!’ That was him.”

Wow, that's spooky that a little girl suspected him all along.

I agree - but WHY did the girl suspect him? Had he said something to her? Acted a particular way? What clued her in that he was the guilty party? And where was he walking by when the girl pointed him out to her mother - was he maybe walking around the Chelsea Park Memorial?

Just curious.

:cry: I know, I know, I know the benefits of animal research. I do animal research. I doubt that they were skinned alive. But still, :cry:.

Seems to me that would be a flawed study, research on decomp of skinned rats. Wonder if he has had any problems with cruelty to small animals??

Hi Ransom,

Beach was asking for a link that supported that a specific organ had been removed from the victims body.

HTH. Thanks for those links though :) I hadn't seen that one video.

Oops. I thought she wanted either/or. Oh well ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV