CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these types of murders are often done by locals, in the cases we have seen in recent years. There are so many RSO's and non-registered offenders out there, they don't have to go out their area to find children. I am pretty convinced this is someone right there living in Denver area for a while.

What about those who were convicted in another state (and registered in another state) and then moved to CO?

From what I read this summer (I'll go find a link if needed) but I read that all 50 states now require mandatory testing.

It would depend on which state previous crimes were commited in and what year those states required dna testing. KWIM?

Possibility. JMHO

Did anyone else here the reporter say that they approached the home with rifles? Little much for a parole violation, huh?

Between 423 and 437 Santa Fe (odd numbers). Thats the house. The porch is the same

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Is it that creepy looking house with the overgrown yard? :what:

I didn't get a good enough look at it in the livestream...

I found one on that SOTAR site that says in custody w/Jefferson county sherrifs...how quick does this website update?

Did anyone else here the reporter say that they approached the home with rifles? Little much for a parole violation, huh?

Six agents with rifles. They were very serious.

Please remember when you donate in this fashion there is no tracking of how the money is used. It will be used as they see fit.

Nothing wrong with that and I am not trying to discourage you from donating. Just a reminder.

Thank you.

Hi Tricia!! I don't care how they spend my donation. I really don't. I can only hope it eases their pain in some small way. When we hear of funeral arrangements, I hope to send a little bouquet.

Love ya, gliving

My family was like that but have come to realized now that they are older how the world really is out there. So many stories lately. Maybe you can buy her a whistle and put it on a chain. IDK if that will work though. These sicko's have taken our children example Somer Thompson our teenagers, Amber Dubois and adults Kristie Cormwell while just walking down the street. I guess you just have to be with someone, walk in pairs but I guess that doesn't always work either since the abduction of Lyric and Elizabeth. :banghead:

Get dogs pads for the night and place in the garage. They work great and dogs take to them quite easily because of the smell. HTH

Can someone give me the link or tell me how to get to the "basement?" Thank you so much!!

Can someone give me the link or tell me how to get to the "basement?" Thank you so much!!

Scanner thread: active
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8449988#post8449988"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Or if his conviction was from before the DNA law went into effect? Does anyone know if Colorado's DNA law applied retroactively?

(grabbed your post to I could post)

just for future reference:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/08/dna-tests-link-convicted-killer-to-4-denver-deaths/

Colorado was the first state to require DNA but only from sex offenders in 1988 and the FBI's national database was a decade away from becoming fully operational.

It would have to be pre 1988.

From what I read this summer (I'll go find a link if needed) but I read that all 50 states now require mandatory testing.

It would depend on which state previous crimes were commited in and what year those states required dna testing. KWIM?

Possibility. JMHO

And just because the test was taken doesn't mean it was processed or uploaded to a national database. I know Massachusetts is seriously backlogged because of problems in the state crime lab, and I've read of other states having similar issues.

I'm coming out of lurk mode for this.

This case reeks of a perp who pre-planned this assault. Just as a burglar cases his place to rob, the person they are looking for cased this child. He knew her path to school, probably knew her mothers work schedule and knew the father wasn't in the home. That doesn't mean he knew the family personally - just that he is close by. Surely they are concentrating on the path to the park. They also need to question or requestion the other children (and their families) who meet up at the park and walk to school together.

Friday abduction - makes me think of Dave Westerfield, taking Danielle Van Dam. The weekened to do their deviant act, then worry about getting rid of the body. Time of abduction indicates, this person works a 2nd or 3rd shift, has Friday's off, or took the day off, may be unemployed or even retired.

Body not intact - indicates others live close enough around him, that he wouldn't risk moving her whole.

The whole thing is heartbreaking.

Good post. I too think that the day of the week is significant. It may be due to the perp's schedule and availability, or echoing the tactics of politicians who release bad news on Friday afternoon - knowing that LE resources would be stretched thin over the weekend, etc.

As I have read and thought more, I think there may be something to the theory that this perp may have acted when he did due to opportunity (e.g. significant other/family left town for the weekend.) I still don't get the sense that Jessica's body was placed in that location due to a lack of time.

I believe the perp had a connection to or spent a lot of time in this area - I and selected this location because he felt comfortable and believed it would enable him to taunt LE while avoiding apprehension. I would guess that the perp contemplated the crime while at the location and possibly had even pre-determined the precise location.

In my opinion, this crime was perpetrated by someone who reached a "tipping point" and advanced very rapidly through what might be considered a typical progression in this type of behavior. For that reason, I would guess that the perp has probably exhibited extreme behaviors (depressive or manic) in the days sense Jessica's disappearance - so much so that it would be difficult to conceal despite his best efforts. I would imagine that he has elected to avoid social interaction as much as possible and probably has missed work, appointments, etc (as per the FBI.)

As I previously mentioned, I believe this state of mind will cause the perp to abduct and kill again in the very short term and/or contact or otherwise taunt LE. If so, the perp may be relishing the opportunity to "watch the puppet dance" OR he may find comfort in keeping LE (and thus the MSM and public) active and information on the investigation flowing. I believe that the perp's extreme behavior in response to this sudden escalation and submittal to psychopathy will ultimately betray him; my hope is that an engaged citizenry will now report strange occurrences which they would have let slide prior to last Friday.

When I was looking up old cases to see if any seemed similar to Jessica's murder, I came across so many cases I had never heard of. It was weird to see cases only get a few articles in the local paper, but based on the circumstances, you know they would get a national media frenzy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member