CO - Kara Nichols, 19, Colorado Springs, 9 Oct 2012, found deceased 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the "Person of Interest" flyer has the brunette with the tattoo (who appears to be a bit older than Kara) MOO

Where is the picture of the other woman? I've looked through the news briefings and am not finding pictures of the second woman....

I agree it is frustrating that they make it hard to even find the photo of even the brunette that they do have.

Begin Rant.....
I am always frustrated how it is like a challange to find the photos of what they are talking about. I watched JVM last night, and then went online to try to find the photo of the "other girls". I found the Brunette one, but it was a challange. If they dont have the photo of the other girl yet, they need to say so. They are never clear enough for me when describing things, and it makes it tough for people wanting to help.

Also, facebook links really bother me because some people still do not have a facebook account, and most of the facebook links dont come up. You get a page to sign up. There used to be a way to make a Facebook site where people could view it even if not a member. I seldom see any facebook sites that are like that anymore. Most all require a facebook ID. A lot of people still dont have facebook, so those people are never going to be able to help out.

Anyway, just frustrated how it always seems to be a challenge to find the basic information about missing people. They want the word out, but then it seems like a challenge or adventure to go online and find out the necessary information. People involved with a case need to do a much better job making the information available to everyone online and in one spot that is accessbile to everyone.

Sorry, END-RANT.

If the FB page is public -

when you see the 3/4 page to sign up, click the close button on the bottom right and the page should come up

I know, I do not belong to FB either....my daughter keeps telling me to make on up under one of my pet's names....LOL

If the FB page is public -

when you see the 3/4 page to sign up, click the close button on the bottom right and the page should come up

I know, I do not belong to FB either....my daughter keeps telling me to make on up under one of my pet's names....LOL

Thank you so much. I just tried that and it worked. I never saw that Close box at bottom right, and have been giving up on facebook links for a long time because of that. Thank you, thank you thank you.....LOL

Chalk it up to user-error...LOL I do wonder how many people like myself never knew to do that though...LOL

I agree it is frustrating that they make it hard to even find the photo of even the brunette that they do have.

Begin Rant.....
I am always frustrated how it is like a challange to find the photos of what they are talking about. I watched JVM last night, and then went online to try to find the photo of the "other girls". I found the Brunette one, but it was a challange. If they dont have the photo of the other girl yet, they need to say so. They are never clear enough for me when describing things, and it makes it tough for people wanting to help.

Also, facebook links really bother me because some people still do not have a facebook account, and most of the facebook links dont come up. You get a page to sign up. There used to be a way to make a Facebook site where people could view it even if not a member. I seldom see any facebook sites that are like that anymore. Most all require a facebook ID. A lot of people still dont have facebook, so those people are never going to be able to help out.

Anyway, just frustrated how it always seems to be a challenge to find the basic information about missing people. They want the word out, but then it seems like a challenge or adventure to go online and find out the necessary information. People involved with a case need to do a much better job making the information available to everyone online and in one spot that is accessbile to everyone.

Sorry, END-RANT.

I have tried to get completely off of FB (I really don't like it) but I can't because of what you have stated above. It has to be used as a tool for sleuthing, but I do not like all the other crap that goes along with FB. jmo

Thank you so much. I just tried that and it worked. I never saw that Close box at bottom right, and have been giving up on facebook links for a long time because of that. Thank you, thank you thank you.....LOL

Chalk it up to user-error...LOL I do wonder how many people like myself never knew to do that though...LOL

No problem....but it only works if the page in public...so still limits our sleuthing abilities....

yep, we are probably going to have to break down and join.....we do miss a lot....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have tried to get completely off of FB (I really don't like it) but I can't because of what you have stated above. It has to be used as a tool for sleuthing, but I do not like all the other crap that goes along with FB. jmo

Yeah, a lot of them are private, but so long as people make the main "Help Find Missing" sites public, that would be good, but people need to know how to close out the "sign up box" like I just learned today (see 2 posts above).
I had no idea you could close out the sign up box that overlayed the front.
But the site has to be made public in order to view it. I think people with IDs, do get more access to other sites that the public cannot view, so it is helpful when sleuthing for sure to have an ID.

No problem....but it only works if the page in public...so still limits our sleuthing abilities....

yep, we are probably going to have to break down and join.....we do miss a lot....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Which page? The page you are trying to access or your own FB page? tia

Deputies: Missing aspiring model may be exploitation victim

“Obviously we’ve taken steps to interview people closely associated with her,” said Agustin, who declined to elaborate.

Nichols told her roommate she might go to Denver, but left behind her purse and money. She has also been active on social media websites and on her cellphone, but hasn’t used either since her disappearance. Her cellphone has been turned off since Oct. 9, San Agustin said.
link

Glad she's making national news.

Springs Police Call Aspiring Teen Model’s Disappearance Suspicious

Maketas said police haven’t been able to substantiate the story that Nichols left for Denver on Oct. 9. She didn’t have a driver’s license or a vehicle, so if the story is true someone else had to give her a ride or let her borrow a vehicle.

Nichols’ roommate said the missing teen quickly left their residence, leaving behind a purse and cash. Her roommate expected her to come right back in, but she never did.
link

Family Asks For Help Finding Missing Kara Nichols

Kara Nichols was last seen where she lived with roommates in the 6700 block of Mission Rd. in the Cimarron Hills area.

Roommates tell investigators she was headed to Denver the evening of Oct. 9th and hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

Investigators find it strange that she left the house without her purse and money, as if she was not planning on staying away long.

They tell us she had no vehicle or driver’s license, so she would have had to get a ride.

Investigators now believe the ride may have been with a brunette. Roommates say they didn’t know the girl. Detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying that brunette and one Kara may have been with the day of October 9th.
link

"It is our belief someone who has knowledge of this subculture will have information about Kara or the unidentified brunette females which is valuable to the investigation."
link

Many more stories about Kara reported across CO today. (I'm in CO)

“My daughter Kara is just a lovely, lovely woman. She was a delightful daughter,” he says. He talked about how bright and creative she is and how she became interested in beauty, style and cosmetics.

Authorities have been able to contact her friends and “she’s very highly thought of,” according to Maketa.
“We know that she was aspiring to get into a modeling career and we know that that is a very difficult business,” he says. “We run into young ladies all the time that that’s their dream to become a successful model or to get into show business and associated with that is often … people that have ill intent, they’re trying to exploit individuals.”
updated

Video Report

Per prev linked hln report, last call was at 11:45 pm the day she disappeared and authorities are looking into her phone records. My suspicion is the brunette lured her to Denver and she's being prostituted here. :(. I pray she's found and rescued soon.

Video Report

Per prev linked hln report, last call was at 11:45 pm the day she disappeared and authorities are looking into her phone records. My suspicion is the brunette lured her to Denver and she's being prostituted here. :(. I pray she's found and rescued soon.

I so too. It's so tragic, i keep thinking she was probably excited about the prospect of getting some work...and then....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back