CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder - we can link to social websites of MISSING minors. We can not and will not link to their friends, etc.

if the dogs were no help. I wonder if someone picked her up?

Where is her father? is he in her life? could she be with him?

Sitting on my hands. I don't think I can post some of the information/links I found via FB. But sleuth there people. Sleuth there. If I can dig it up, so can you :) Dig people dig!

Reading news articles and comments, one comment suggested that 'rumor' around town was that the non-custodial father may be involved in her disappearance, and that that is one of the reasons an amber alert wasn't issued. Just passing that along as a complete rumor. He lives in, according to the same rumor mill, in Redding, Ca. http://abcnews.go.com/US/kayleah-wilson-disappears-birthday-party/story?id=10250877

ETA: Police have interviewed registered sex offenders in the area and are also canvassing businesses hoping to find surveillance video that may help the case.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14791877#ixzz0jn353Mzp

Reading news articles and comments, one comment suggested that 'rumor' around town was that the non-custodial father may be involved in her disappearance, and that that is one of the reasons an amber alert wasn't issued. Just passing that along as a complete rumor. He lives in, according to the same rumor mill, in Redding, Ca.

Hi Krista. Can you give the link to the article with the comments about the non-custodial father so people can read it if they wish to get the details?

Thanks!
BeanE

Search intensifies for missing Greeley girl

[snip]

Police searching for the girl yesterday used a dog, but the hound was not able to pickup a scent, Tymkowych said.

[snip]

The area Kayleah would have taken to get to the party, which is about 8 blocks from her home, is a busy stretch. It includes businesses and has lots of pedestrian and auto traffic, especially on a sunny, Sunday afternoon.

"It would be hard for somebody to abduct her without somebody noticing," Tymkowych said.

Kayleah enjoyed walking. She often walked to a library about a mile from her home, and she was not known to hitch rides, Tymkowych said.

[snip]

Police have interviewed registered sex offenders in the area and are also canvassing businesses hoping to find surveillance video that may help the case.

More: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14791877

Hi Krista. Can you give the link to the article with the comments about the non-custodial father so people can read it if they wish to get the details?

Thanks!
BeanE

Hi Bean,
I added it to my post above. Thanks, I just forgot to link the article!!

Why was Kayleah in foster care? Not necessarily related, but bothersome nevertheless.

Anyone have a link to the MS page..with the older boy

I found it by going to myspace and doing a people search on the mother's name, then when you get the search results page, you can narrow that by typing in Colorado in the location bar, and hit search under that.

Found her mom's page, and then her page, and by that, the older guy's page.

AMW has it on their page now !!!!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Colo. Cops Desperately Search For Missing Girl

Police in Greeley, Colo., need the public's help in locating 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson, who they say disappeared March 28, 2010. They say the pre-teen left her home around 3:40 p.m. to walk to a birthday party and hasn't been seen since.
»The Full Story:

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=72088

Agh....ok, so Kayleah's friend or 'big sister' (can't really tell due to teen slang) is saying on FB that Mom reported Kayleah missing on Sun...then on Mon, a 'friend' of Kayleah's said that she had runaway with, Jesse, her 17 year old ?exboyfriend?...or just runaway on her own. So, police essentially stopped searching hard for her. Then, on Monday night, they found out the 'friend' was lying and that Kayleah hadn't runaway. That seems very in line with the same thing the foster mom was telling people on her FB page. Praying this 'friend' is being investigated and that they didn't seriously put Kayleah at risk.
Friend/sister is on Kayleah's MS page, and her mother's friend list.

Just heard on local news they have brought in the FBI to help still no clues but said they are questioning the 17 yr. old ex but the new update in paper said police questioned him and he is cleared but you know how that goes.

my daughter uses my iphone to login to her myspace sometimes. My daughter has her own cellphone, but I do not subscribe to internet access on her phone so she uses mine to login on out of town trips.

I as a parent of a 13, 10, 7 yr old do not understand why parents let their children walk several blocks alone. I drive them or walk them to where they need to go. I mean really what would it take 30 mintues at the most to walk her down there and walk back. 30 mintues to know your child made it safe. I just don't get it.

For Kayleah, it's not just sometimes, though. Every single status update and post is mobile. I can only see one of her mom's updates, but I see it's from a mobile device too. Maybe it has something to do with their internet setup. Hmm.

I don't understand letting kids walk alone, either. I will sometimes let mine walk with a friend, but they have to call me when they arrive, AND before they leave to come home. if they were to leave for home and I didn't realize they had left, and they never made it... well, we at WS all know what can happen, and minutes count.

Back to Kayleah... My hinky meter is going off with this case. I can't put my finger on it yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member