CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has LE or anyone ever confirmed that she spent a lot of time on computers? i know there was a comment about her being at library a lot but this was never followed up on that i can recall. that could have just been a statement by a friend or relative indicating what kind of child she is, i.e. loves the library.

has LE or anyone ever confirmed that she spent a lot of time on computers? i know there was a comment about her being at library a lot but this was never followed up on that i can recall. that could have just been a statement by a friend or relative indicating what kind of child she is, i.e. loves the library.

No, I don't think they have. But she was updating her MS page (though often through mobile means, like a Touch) and the vast majority of 12yo that I have coming through my house are electronically hooked at the hip, so it's a reasonable guess.

Someone mentioned that the mall isn't very busy on a late Sunday afternoon. Then I remember how the place would creep me out when it was like that. The kids would be there but not customers. A bad scenario, I think, made worse by the closing of an anchor store like Dillards.

There are cars in the big lots from employees, but I just get a feeling she could turn a corner and it isn't all that secure. The side facing hwy 34 is way too far from the road, given the speed of traffic, for passersby to notice what's going on. The west side is more visible as cars come and go at that overpass, but I don't know about the east side.

<start rant> A while back there was a rant about the buddy system. I'm up for one about the older malls as well as the online social networks. We keep having to learn everything the hard way and one thing that's missed, is everyone agreeing on what is safe at that age. If ten kids do it, my kid is going to feel awful if I don't let her, and all that. <end rant>

Note that rants are incoherent by their very nature.

New Fears in Kayleah Wilson Case

Information regarding the missing 12 year old Greeley Girl, Kayleah Wilson, has surfaced. In an e-mail obtained exclusively by the Greeley Gazette from a family friend, a worried Grandmother confesses, “She may be a runaway- but she is only twelve - may be pregnant or think she is & be afraid.”

Sources fear the girl may have gone to an abortion clinic and possibly died from it.

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=1849

------------

Now that I read that again, it says "a worried Grandmother", not "her worried Grandmother. Is the Greeley Gazette reputable?

There is a photo of Kayleah at that link that I hadn't seen before.

They also refer to "a family friend" as the source, implying that "a grandmother" is "the grandmother", not some random grandmother.

I remember it being posted here earlier that her MS was always updated by cell phone, rather than computer. Seems to me if she was using the computer at the library, at least some of those MS postings would have been done by computer...?

How sad is that? Poor grandma - she sounds terrified and is speculating about every terrible possibility. Hugs to you grandma!

WTF?!!!!!.......This totally caught me off guard!!!! :banghead:

I don't think that is Kayleah's grandma...think the journalist made it sound possible by her/his wording...

how could she have updated MS via cell if she did not have one? does she have another device? have not seen one mentioned...

I don't think that is Kayleah's grandma...think the journalist made it sound possible by her/his wording...

how could she have updated MS via cell if she did not have one? does she have another device? have not seen one mentioned...

An ipod touch will let you update social networking sites

My thought about this -- It was her mom that stated how much she loved the library. Now that her mom is saying she did not know about the relationship with the 17 y/o, I'm thinking mom didn't know a whole lot about her. Very possible Kayleah was telling mom she was going to the library, but going somewhere else.

For those that live in the area or are familiar with it, is this correct?

They said she was headed to a party 8 blocks from her house just behind the mall correct?

They said she was supposed to meet up with a friend 2 blocks from her house to walk to the party the other 6 blocks (to behind the mall).

So, if she made it to the mall then she passed the friend that she was supposed to walk with. Why?

The 8 blocks is hard to say -- the area is a lot of curvy streets, the hwy, short and long blocks. When I go to take pics, I'll try to remember to get the exact mileage. If she was supposed to meet a friend 2 blocks away - I can't really figure out where that would be. If it was a straight shot between her house and the mall - it would either be the apt complex right down from her or the ones off east 28th st and 23rd ave. I do have a pic of that street as well on my photobucket. If it is the latter apts, there is a walkway through a fence that crosses hwy 34 to get onto 17th ave, which I also have on my photobucket. If she took that route - maybe stopped by the friends apt and they were already gone - that would put her crossing the mall parking lot on the east side. Going northeast to south west.

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=1849
this article and the whole way it was worded sounds to me like speculation on the part of family members, etc (or people trying to get stuff out of the family members) and has nothing to do with what may have really happened to her.

That is just plain crazy bunk (imhoo )

possible? sure... but like one in a trillion gazillion.. again imhoo

Did I miss something???
Why is ShCu Facebook gone?
Profile Unavailable

Sorry, this profile is not available at the moment. Please try again shortly.

I can honestly say the possibility of her going to an abortion clinic and possibly dying from the abortion has never crossed my mind.

I'm curious to hear what others think of this theory though.

:banghead: I can't keep all these initials straight dog gone it

You can update them using someone else's cell phone. My friend has a little sister who gets grounded from the computer quite a bit and she always uses someone's phone to update her status, check pages, and things like that.

I can honestly say the possibility of her going to an abortion clinic and possibly dying from the abortion has never crossed my mind.

I'm curious to hear what others think of this theory though.

I really don't think so, but that's jmo. It just seems so very far fetched, but you never know.

I think it's a slightly more possibility she was pregnant and scared, though.

i think if she owned any of those gadgets she would have had it with her...don't all kids carry their i-pods/pads whatever they are called, especially if walking? i never see a kid without headphones...

i still think that theory in the Greeley paper is too wild for belief...clinics are not about to treat a child IMO and any death/injury would have to be reported...but it is another thing LE has to deal with now that it is out there...taking away from more probably scenarios IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop