CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the 'ditches' are like in Colorado.
The 'ditches' here in Southern Calif. are called the L.A. River.
They are deep, have man-made deep, angle banks made of either cement or rock.

I'm wondering if Kayleah didn't try and take a short-cut, crossing over one of these 'ditches' and slipped and hit her head?

I guess I just don't want to think (yet again) that a child, innocently walking from one place to another was abducted, just to do whatever to the child then kill.
I just don't want to, CAN'T think of that happening yet again to another child!!!
My heart aches for that family.....just aches.

Except the body is naked...:-(

I don't mean to keep defending LE, as I have NO ties to any LE, but they cannot claim an abduction without evidence of one and have to keep it out there that she could be anywhere. If they stated that it was impossible she was a runaway, then there would have been no reason for anyone to take a second look in downtown Denver, for instance, or on the road with truckers. They have to present all options when they have no clues to follow. Only in cases of obvious abduction, such as Venus Stewart, does LE state that from the start. With Kayleah, sadly, there was no evidence either way, and people close to her spoke of her possibly running away.

As far as not finding her sooner, I imagine the storms helped in the fact that she was located at all.

Excuse my outrage here, BUT HOW ON EARTH DID THE FBI NOT FIND HER? She was a mile away! Or the volunteer searchers?!?

IDK how they didn't find her. OMG. WHY?? Lets see what they say at the presser. I think im going to be sick.

I don't mean to keep defending LE, as I have NO ties to any LE, but they cannot claim an abduction without evidence of one and have to keep it out there that she could be anywhere. If they stated that it was impossible she was a runaway, then there would have been no reason for anyone to take a second look in downtown Denver, for instance, or on the road with truckers. They have to present all options when they have no clues to follow. Only in cases of obvious abduction, such as Venus Stewart, does LE state that from the start. With Kayleah, sadly, there was no evidence either way, and people close to her spoke of her possibly running away.

As far as not finding her sooner, I imagine the storms helped in the fact that she was located at all.

Yes mother nature helped in finding her.

TY Trigger for the suggestion about getting a hold of the Journey Christian Church. I am waiting for a call back to see if they have any kind of fund set up for the family. I will keep you all posted.
My heart is just breaking.

Excuse my outrage here, BUT HOW ON EARTH DID THE FBI NOT FIND HER? She was a mile away! Or the volunteer searchers?!?

I know, it is so heartbreaking to think. She was only feet from the Charter School and closer still to the parking lot of the Printing shop.

Quote from The Denver Channel.com: However, the searches may have occurred when the water was low, or when the ditch was relatively dry. Heavy rains and hail deluged Greeley Tuesday night, and authorities believe the heavy water may have dislodged the body from its initial location.

Does this mean the her body was washed into the ditch from the bank? Or in the ditch the entire time but the water moved her? How did they miss her? That is why I was wondering about access to that area back there...wondering if someone didn't have her and then bring her there.....:(
Both are just horrible thoughts.

Yes, the storms could have something to do with it. Just last week we had a coulple of inches of snow and last night there were very strong storms in Weld County-tornado warnings, etc.

I'm not super familiar with Greeley, but I do know the highway and have a basic lay of the land. That area seems so populated-it's just bizarre.

That poor girl. I remember being 12 and walking in an area my mom didn't think was safe and her lecturing me about safety. I remember thinking "Whatever. I'm old enough to take care of myself. Nothing will happen to me." Kayleah probably thought the same thing. :(

I know, it is so heartbreaking to think. She was only feet from the Charter School and closer still to the parking lot of the Printing shop.

Quote from The Denver Channel.com: However, the searches may have occurred when the water was low, or when the ditch was relatively dry. Heavy rains and hail deluged Greeley Tuesday night, and authorities believe the heavy water may have dislodged the body from its initial location.

Does this mean the her body was washed into the ditch from the bank? Or in the ditch the entire time but the water moved her? How did they miss her? That is why I was wondering about access to that area back there...wondering if someone didn't have her and then bring her there.....:(

bbm

Those are my thoughts too.

I feel brokenhearted. Ongoing prayers for her family. This is the saddest thing ever.

Except the body is naked...:-(

If it is true that poor Kayleah was naked and so close to home-they HAVE a very dangerous and BOLD sicko running around!!:furious:

I agree! Bold and for whatever reason - fearless, desperate! Wonder how many predators have recently been released from prison around that area?

No one that I know, not one single person, would fault LE if they erred on the side of caution when dealing with a missing child. It would have been no skin off their teeth to have left it at "she may have been abducted." While I don't think it would have helped Kayleah either way, I think had she been located sooner, there would be a lot more evidence to help prosecute the guilty party. Less people were involved with searching because of LE. Moo

I would imagine that she has been there the entire time... but as time has gone on it became easier for the rains to dislodge the little girls body as any clothing etc may have begun to wear and tear?

ETA I just saw the body is naked so I guess her bones weigh less now... sorry but ys know what i mean....

TY Trigger for the suggestion about getting a hold of the Journey Christian Church. I am waiting for a call back to see if they have any kind of fund set up for the family. I will keep you all posted.
My heart is just breaking.

spamelope - maybe they could set up a Pay Pal account so money can go directly into an account at the bank. I know the family doesn't have a car so my guess is that all donations would be appreciated.

It took LE two years to claim that Jennifer and Adrianna Wix were missing under "suspicious circumstances". Until then, LE went with the claim that Jennifer left of her own free will even though the facts surrounding that claim were unfounded. Six years later and the case is still unsolved.

Yes, it burns me up when they assume missing people are runaways. :furious:

A 1:17 pm MDT update on Channel 7's website reads...

GREELEY, Colo. -- A badly decomposed body discovered Wednesday morning in a Greeley ditch by an irrigation worker is believed to be that of Kayleah Wilson, the 12-year-old Greeley girl who has been missing for nearly two months.

I hope 7 News isn't getting too far ahead of this story -- already so gut-wrenching for Kayleah's family.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23606902/detail.html#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member