Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question.

In general, is there any reluctance to involve police in a family situation? Or is there no such reluctance to contact authorities. I know you can't answer specifically to this case, but just a "general vibe" in the community at large? I'm guessing the answer is there is no reluctance, but I am curious.

Thanks.

jmo
No,
Among most SDA members there wouldn’t be any hesitation to involve police. I mean there are a few odd ducks in any group of people, so I can’t speak for their family, but I wouldn’t see any hesitation or difference from the average person.

After the very public and fast moving Watts case, this feels so different in terms of information available to us. I am respecting the families wishes and not speculating on the outcome or who the suspect is, if there is one. I hope and pray she is with people that are looking after her and that she will return safely soon. I can only imagine what her family is going through.

I don't find that strange. Often young people will buy a small home just to get a foot on the property ladder.

Maybe, but housing in Colorado is not cheap, at all. What 29 year old who just had a kid is buying a house when her supposedly fiance already owns a house? It's not like she moved to where she worked (pueblo). It's still QUITE a drive to get from woodland park to pueblo. None of their situation really makes sense to me, unless they were not together. Which why not just come out and say that.

Also to all wondering about the weather. I went to C springs on thanksgiving and I remember it was very nice outside. We were cooking outside with no coats/short sleeve shirts on. We even watched the football games in the garage with the doors open. So whoever said it would be unusual she had a short sleeve shirt on at the store...no.

No,
Among most SDA members there wouldn’t be any hesitation to involve police. I mean there are a few odd ducks in any group of people, so I can’t speak for their family, but I wouldn’t see any hesitation or difference from the average person.
Thanks, SleuthB! You've helped me with a few lingering thoughts I had about this case.

Glad you're here.

I found it here.

Seasonably cool, but no inclement weather.

Weather in November 2018 in Gooding, Idaho, USA
It's 800 miles from Woodland Park, CO and Gooding, ID. Just pointing that out. If she went for a hike that weekend, doing so in Gooding would take most of the weekend just to get there.

Whoever was carrying that phone started out from Woodland Park well before Sunday.

jmo

Maybe, but housing in Colorado is not cheap, at all. What 29 year old who just had a kid is buying a house when her supposedly fiance already owns a house? It's not like she moved to where she worked (pueblo). It's still QUITE a drive to get from woodland park to pueblo. None of their situation really makes sense to me, unless they were not together. Which why not just come out and say that.

Also to all wondering about the weather. I went to C springs on thanksgiving and I remember it was very nice outside. We were cooking outside with no coats/short sleeve shirts on. We even watched the football games in the garage with the doors open. So whoever said it would be unusual she had a short sleeve shirt on at the store...no.
I haven't seen any mention of what she was wearing at the store. What did I miss?

jmo

It's 800 miles from Woodland Park, CO and Gooding, ID. Just pointing that out. If she went for a hike that weekend, doing so in Gooding would take most of the weekend just to get there.

Whoever was carrying that phone started out from Woodland Park well before Sunday.

jmo
Yeah, that’s quite the journey.

Gooding is still several hundred miles from where her mother lives, right?

Mother said in PC yesterday that they're engaged but don't live together. Maybe she bought the second house to live in until the marriage and then they would turn around and use it as a rental property.

Whoever looked up the weather report for Woodland Park on the week of November 22---thank you! According to the information you posted, the weather was beautiful on Thanksgiving day and all weekend. She might have gone for a walk or a hike on Thanksgiving.

Can someone please find the weather conditions for Sunday, November 25 in Gooding, Idaho? That was the location and date her phone last "pinged," and the date she supposedly texted work and her child's father.

TIA

But she had 2 cars and they were both in her driveway. How'd she get to the hiking trail? And why go all the way to Idaho to hike, when you live in gorgeous, scenic Colorado?

A couple of thoughts to pull back over from Thread #1.

1. I find it interesting that the FBI was not in Woodland Park for the presser. That leads me to believe that the active investigation is going on somewhere else.

2. It should be remembered that Gooding, ID is on the direct route that a person would travel from Woodland Park to Tacoma Washington, where she has some family and maybe friends. (Do we know where she was raised?) . Perhaps someone she knew picked her up at her house and they were traveling back toward Washington State. She turned her phone off for the trip, but turned it back on briefly in Gooding to text the fiance and work, then turned it back off and continued headed northwest.

One more thought.

In SDA culture it might be “shameful” to have a daughter have a child out of wedlock and then not stay with that person.

It’s bad enough to have a baby out of wedlock, but to also not stay with them would be a double whammy.

I’ve had friends get divorced and their parents felt uncomfortable with it. SDAs have a very traditional view of marriage and divorce is a big deal.

How do we know they were still together? The family might publicly be “saving face” still trying to paint a perfect family picture as much as possible.

She was last seen in a white shirt and a sweater. That would make sense for T Giving Day. It was really nice out, although nights get cold.

Usually, where houses are expensive to buy, so are rents. I can see her buying a smaller home and paying her own mortgage rather than renting and paying someone else's.

One more thought.

In SDA culture it might be “shameful” to have a daughter have a child out of wedlock and then not stay with that person.

It’s bad enough to have a baby out of wedlock, but to also not stay with them would be a double whammy.

I’ve had friends get divorced and their parents felt uncomfortable with it. SDAs have a very traditional view of marriage and divorce is a big deal.

How do we know they were still together? The family might publicly be “saving face” still trying to paint a perfect family picture as much as possible.
I totally got that possible vibe. Thank you!

jmo

I'm not suggesting she walked from WP to Gooding. But if she went for a walk from her house (which is possible), then she could have been 1) abducted or 2)she could have gone for a hike and got lost or injured or self-harmed. #2 doesn't explain the phone ping, so I discount it as a possibility, but it is still possible.

I really have to wonder if they had the baby together, broke up, worked out a shared custody situation and at some point very recently got back together and got engaged (but were still living in their respective houses). It's the only other reason I can think of for this sort of arrangement other than for the sake of appearances (respecting family/religious beliefs). But if they were happy being back together as a couple and being engaged, I don't know why they would be spending Thanksgiving separately nor why she would give him the baby that afternoon. If it was a simple reason such as Kelsey had to work or Kelsey had the flu and was skipping Thanksgiving, I think we would have heard that explanation by now. No explanation for this whole arrangement makes the case seem very unusual. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87