CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her fiance lives with his parents, he probably doesn't own the house. Or even if he doesn't live with them, it might not be his house.
Housing in that area is pretty inexpensive compared to the Denver Metro area. She purchased for around 180,000 according to Teller County records and Trulia. With low interest rates in May she probably is paying less than rent would be. And if she was in the military she would have gotten help with a down payment and a VA loan. But the condo is in her name only. Not that these things really matter except for everyone wondering about her relationship status.

I just listened to the press conference for a third time and now have a different idea of the timeline.

It sounds like Kelsey's mom contacted LE on Dec 2 AND that's the same date she contacted fiance. Fiance told her he received a text from Kelsey on Nov 25 and nothing since.

Previously I thought Kelsey's mom called fiance on Nov 25 (and I suspected that prompted the text messages). Now I'm doubting that. I think she contacted him on Dec 2 and then called LE.

(Why is this case info so confusing....there's so little of it, we're a bright group, and it's still confusing!)

Someone want to fact check? The time on the video to check starts at 2:11. TIA!

I plugged a previous address for Kelsey into Google maps.

One of the routes from her current house to that one, takes the driver through Twin Falls, which is right on the border of Gooding.

That could in theory, explain why the ping would show up where it did.

One more thought.

In SDA culture it might be “shameful” to have a daughter have a child out of wedlock and then not stay with that person.

It’s bad enough to have a baby out of wedlock, but to also not stay with them would be a double whammy.

I’ve had friends get divorced and their parents felt uncomfortable with it. SDAs have a very traditional view of marriage and divorce is a big deal.

How do we know they were still together? The family might publicly be “saving face” still trying to paint a perfect family picture as much as possible.

Thank you-- I have been trying to say something like this but you said it better than I could. The whole idea of them being engaged may be an inaccurate description of their relationship. Could be a story made up by the couple to not have their family disappointed in them or it could be something the family has decided to tell people in order to "save face" as you put it.

Exactly especially if she were the one to send them and she's trying to start over or flee, why not tell your mom if you bother to tell anyone at all? That's why I highly doubt she sent those texts. I mean it's obvious that she probably didn't but looking into the specifics of it, it makes no sense at all. But none of it does! Frustrating.
Not everyone is close to their mother. For some people their mother is the last person they’d share information with.

Maybe, but housing in Colorado is not cheap, at all. What 29 year old who just had a kid is buying a house when her supposedly fiance already owns a house? It's not like she moved to where she worked (pueblo). It's still QUITE a drive to get from woodland park to pueblo. None of their situation really makes sense to me, unless they were not together. Which why not just come out and say that.

Also to all wondering about the weather. I went to C springs on thanksgiving and I remember it was very nice outside. We were cooking outside with no coats/short sleeve shirts on. We even watched the football games in the garage with the doors open. So whoever said it would be unusual she had a short sleeve shirt on at the store...no.

YES, to the bolded above.

One doesn't 'exchange custody' with their fiance'.

If they were going to be married, why wouldn't they want to be actively raising their 12 month old baby TOGETHER at this time? Wouldn't it make more sense for the baby to be with both parents at the same time, instead of being shuttled back and forth between 2 homes?

I'd much rather share the joys of raising a tiny baby with my partner. It seems odd that they owned two homes, and lived separately, if they planned to marry anyway. So much easier to share parenting duties if you are all together. JMO

I plugged a previous address for Kelsey into Google maps.

One of the routes from her current house to that one, takes the driver through Twin Falls, which is right on the border of Gooding.

That could in theory, explain why the ping would show up where it did.
I have driven through that area for work many times. Lots of wide open spaces.

Kelsey doesn't strike me as the type to take off on a 22-hour drive to Washington without packing one thing or telling a single person. Surely she'd at least do something with the cinnamon rolls first. I can't think of one time that I ever took my purse on a hike, either. But that's just me. MOO

It’s just a couple hours. Usually 9:30-12. They do children’s programs first and church after. Churches are all different, and some more conservative, but if I didn’t show up no one would notice. Especially with the holiday on Thursday many people wouldn’t attend the following Saturday because of travel or family.

Do we know if she is an active member of her church?

Another question before I have to go...

I wonder if KB had a "happy place," or "safe place" where she would go from time to time. Someplace tied to her history.

I wondered that as well. Which is why I asked if anyone knew where these photos on her facebook were taken:
Kelsey Berreth
Kelsey Berreth

( Can anyone link me to one of Kelsey's photo album photos or her profile photo? Not having facebook myself, it's hard to tell if she has much more on there that is public but I can scroll through photos if one is linked from an album. TIA.)

I’ve not seen how old their daughter is. And what the usual childcare situation is. Does she go to daycare? Have a nanny?

The fact that Kelsey and Patrick are working out custody and “exchanging” the child in a public place leads me to assume that their relationship has been... not cordial, and probably for a while. I’m inferring that there’s a history of drama, if that’s the arrangement. Or do they live far apart and that’s a “meet at a halfway point” arrangement?

I know quite a few families who are divorced but co-parent, and the kids get picked up and dropped off at their homes. There’s one couple with a rancorous past, and the drop-offs would happen at the police station.

I think it's important to remember that her family is protecting her reputation. They are, naturally, hoping that she returns to them. If she was struggling mentally or doing anything that they don't think she would want people to know, they may not reveal that publicly because of the harm it would cause if she returned. I remember Nicole Mittendorff's case, they didn't reveal that they had found a suicide note until after her body was located because they still hoped to find her alive.

I don't think we can rule out that a third party is involved or she left on her own, though I don't see either as the most likely scenario.

If she and PF were having problems, he could have been respecting a request for space to clear her head. That's the only reason I can think of for why he didn't report her missing. I have tried to keep in mind that he may have tried to contact her while she was missing and we just have not been told about it..

Hopefully more information is shared with us soon. And hopefully some search warrants are granted so the police can get answers

I've been thinking of the Nicole Mittendorff case since I learned about Kelsey.

The big difference is those text messages from 800 miles away but if small aircraft aren't required to file flight plans, it is very possible whomever has her or harmed her, flew to that area, completed the texts and then dumped the phone. This seems more foul play than anything else to me. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found