CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could request that the press conference be held on his PRIVATE land, then he could tell everyone to get off his PRIVATE land, and therefore he wouldn't be lying, he did go to the press conference.

Ummm... I don't think that would work? JMO. o_O

The last reported sighting of KB was on Nov. 22. The last text from KB's phone was on Nov. 25. Admittedly, I do not have the most recent model of cell phone, but mine only stays charged for one day - unless I turn it off when I am not using it. So IF we assume that KB was not in possession of her cell phone starting on Nov. 22, which is a large assumption but in line with all we know now, then either someone charged her phone or her cell phone battery lasts a much longer time than mine does.

I think it is the words of a seasoned law enforcement officer refusing to speculate about the state of mind of another person.
I watched that and said “wow, they are definitely looking at him.”

They told the media to ask him those questions.

They put out a press release explaining why the mother would be unavailable for interviews the following day.

They only appear to be treating one of those people as victims.

It ain’t him.

Has there been any mention of what she did on Thanksgiving (besides the trip to the store on video)? Or was supposed to do? Apparently she gave her fiance visiting rights to their little girl, so was she going to spend the day alone?

(Hello to folks here whose screen names I recognize from the Chris Watts/Shanann Watts/children case, and the Jayme Closs ongoing case...)
Hi Jersey! Early on it was said she and the baby were supposed to have dinner with her fiance'. I don't remember where that came from, so JMO.
s0819.gif

Report from the ground in Woodland Park

I drove up to Woodland Park today and had a little look around. I didn't see any news trucks or reporters; I didn't see a lot of extra cruisers parked in front of the police station; I didn't see any KB posters or flyers affixed to anything; and the town newspaper came out today and there was not a single mention of KB's disappearance.

Looks like a normal day in the "City Above the Clouds."

I still think the investigation lies elsewhere.

Wasn't it up thread in a link she called it off before she went missing?

No. Her family/LE is still calling him the fiance. I have not seen anything in MSM saying they were broken up. We have speculated they might have been though. Their living arrangement and his reactions to her being missing might make more sense if they were no longer a couple.

The last reported sighting of KB was on Nov. 22. The last text from KB's phone was on Nov. 25. Admittedly, I do not have the most recent model of cell phone, but mine only stays charged for one day - unless I turn it off when I am not using it. So IF we assume that KB was not in possession of her cell phone starting on Nov. 22, which is a large assumption but in line with all we know now, then either someone charged her phone or her cell phone battery lasts a much longer time than mine does.

Or it was turned off on the 22nd and only turned back on to text out those 2 messages on the 25th. My phone will still have charge several days later if it is turned off that whole time.

While possible, I always wonder in cases like this, if LE were convinced the person was missing by their own accord, would they put the amount of resources they do in, and get the FBI involved?

I wouldn't doubt that the FBI is involved for a couple of reasons: first, they investigate many possible kidnapping or abduction cases; second, the last clue in this case was across state lines; and three, the missing person was a pilot and an employee of a company who trains military pilots.

If her car was still in her driveway, have they done extensive searches in the immediate area? (New to this case, so if it's been discussed, I really do apologize because I know repeat questions can be annoying. I did a search first on this forum and don't see much about searches in the area). Thinking about the New England teacher who was reported missing a few months back - in southern Maine, I think? - who was sadly found dead from suicide just a mile from home, probably just hundreds of feet from where they had searched days earlier.
Her home and vehicles have been searched.
MOO

I can't catch up.

Look, about the press conference, IMO it was not called in order to "turn up the heat" on PF.

You will recall that the news of the disappearance happened over the weekend, and suddenly WPPD got a thousand calls from media outlets all over for information. And questions like, "Why haven't we heard about this?" "What is being done?" and "Is there a killer on the loose?" Also, KB's momma was in town and was likely pitching a fit about "Why isn't anybody doing anything?"

Instead of fielding a thousand separate calls, they coordinated a press conference, called in to the CBI media person for help, and the police chief read a short statement with very few details. They took very few questions and left us with more questions than answers. The Chief did not appear overly concerned about KB or PF. He acknowledged that PF was cooperating. And he let momma read a statement.

There does not appear to be any reason to "turn up the heat" on PF.

And it even appears that PF didn't feel the need to hire an attorney to issue a statement for him until the media started hounding him. By all appearances, the police have zero interest in him as a suspect.
Why would you characterize an obvious, distraught Mother as "pitching a fit?" And Police Chief let momma read a statement.

Please be reminded this is a serious situation about a young mother that's gone missing without a trace.

I watched that and said “wow, they are definitely looking at him.”

They told the media to ask him those questions.

They put out a press release explaining why the mother would be unavailable for interviews the following day.

They only appear to be treating one of those people as victims.

It ain’t him.

He hasn't asked to be treated as a victim.

Report from the ground in Woodland Park

I drove up to Woodland Park today and had a little look around. I didn't see any news trucks or reporters; I didn't see a lot of extra cruisers parked in front of the police station; I didn't see any KB posters or flyers affixed to anything; and the town newspaper came out today and there was not a single mention of KB's disappearance.

Looks like a normal day in the "City Above the Clouds."

I still think the investigation lies elsewhere.
My guess is that they are searching phone/computer records to get an idea of where to conduct a ground search.

Yes, I expected PF to be standing right next to his future MIL in that presser - putting up a united front similar to the way DJ made appearances with Mollie's father. Instead, PF didn't even attend. Very odd. o_O If the wedding isn't already off, it should be. MOO
There is a very strange dynamic going on between the families in this case. It is as though the baby is safe therefore Kelsey isn't important to PF or to his family. Very odd, indeed.

Hi Jersey! Early on it was said she and the baby were supposed to have dinner with her fiance'. I don't remember where that came from, so JMO.
s0819.gif
From Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth - family sanctioned facebook page - On December 6 post at 10:25 a.m. - read comments below from Kelsey's mother and the page admin:

"I spoke with her a couple of times that morning. Going out for dinner was in the plan. We know she had picked up a few things at Safeway.

and

"She was going out to dinner with her fiance and daughter. She didn't say where."

From Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth - family sanctioned facebook page - On December 6 post at 10:25 a.m. - read comments below from Kelsey's mother and the page admin:

"I spoke with her a couple of times that morning. Going out for dinner was in the plan. We know she had picked up a few things at Safeway.

and

"She was going out to dinner with her fiance and daughter. She didn't say where."
Thank you, you're a gem! ;)
MOO

and

So they were going out or went out for dinner on the 22nd and she never came back?

and

Assuming that KB's mom remembered what KB said correctly, and assuming that KB's plans didn't change abruptly, this is inconsistent with PF "picking up" K at KB's house.

Why would you characterize an obvious, distraught Mother as "pitching a fit?" And Police Chief let momma read a statement.

Please be reminded this is a serious situation about a young mother that's gone missing without a trace.

In other cases, such as the recent high-profile case in Colorado, the police issued a press release early on, sent it out to the media and basically invited the media to show up at the SO's house and start asking questions.

This case is different. Here the police did a welfare check on 12/2, didn't find anything suspicious, likely spoke to PF, called the FBI and the CBI, and never issued a press release. They acted, IMO, like it was a probably suicide or an adult who just decided to go away for awhile.

It appears from the Missing Mother facebook pages that the media became aware of the disappearance because KB's family notified them and begged them to run the story. (That is my take.) The story blew up on a slow news weekend, suddenly was picked up by national media, and the media started to call WPPD, wondering why hadn't they said anything about this, issued a press release, etc. So WPPD scheduled a press release.

Does that mean that this case is not serious? No, it does not mean that. But there are people who disappear or commit suicide every day who don't get any publicity.

When I suggested, "mother pitched a fit," (and this is clearly speculation, as I would imagine what I would do if my daughter disappeared and it didn't look like anyone was investigating) she was certainly justified in doing so, and in getting the news media to pay attention.

Agreed... but how would that be accomplished? Was that why there no missing person report... somebody had to do much driving first? The phone had to be off, then turned on to ping off a tower. Would not a phone ping off towers (like updating) during any trip if it was on? I am not sure of that.

If the phone is on then it should register with each tower to maintain service... At points if there isn't an available tower you would see no service but that is usually in rural areas..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member