CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be able to tell from his cell phone provider whether he has deleted pertinent information.

Typically, LE looks at the people closest and work their way out. I have no reason to believe they aren't doing everything they can to bring KB home. Just because LE isn't sharing what they are doing or what they have with the public doesn't mean they aren't doing anything and/or they haven't come up with anything. I think it's a safe bet to say they are looking at PF's phone records.
jmo

Does it strike anyone else a bit odd that they even asked for a DNA swab when this is still considered a missing person case? If Kelsey just ran off on her own, which is one possible (but unlikely IMO) scenario, or if she was abducted by a stranger, how would her fiancé's DNA help locate her?

Not sure if this has been answered, but here goes...

They need to be able to identify his DNA in order to determine whether anyone else's DNA is in KB's home or car or whatever. They use his DNA to eliminate his presence at the crime scene.

This is hard to explain. There was an old original Star Trek episode where they thought there was a stowaway on the Enterprise, and they used this microphone thingy to identify every crewmember's heartbeat. Once all the crew was accounted for, there was still one heartbeat that was detected by the computer, so they knew they had a stowaway aboard. It's sort of like that.

Has there been any mention of what she did on Thanksgiving (besides the trip to the store on video)? Or was supposed to do? Apparently she gave her fiance visiting rights to their little girl, so was she going to spend the day alone?

(Hello to folks here whose screen names I recognize from the Chris Watts/Shanann Watts/children case, and the Jayme Closs ongoing case...)
Nothing in MSM just rumors about her and nothing about him, his family/friends gathering for the holiday etc. strangely quiet IMO

Well, he said he came to Kelsey's house to pick up his daughter - that is what the Police Chief said that PF had told them (see the press conference). So, if that were true then law enforcement has already searched there.

I am reading what you are saying about PF going to KB's home to pick up his daughter...

But this website has changed this info to this:

"Her fiance, Patrick Frazee, says she dropped their baby off afterwards at his home and that he has not seen her since. The couple do not live together despite sharing a daughter and being engaged."

Fiancé of missing Colorado mother refuses to take part in press conference appealing for information | Daily Mail Online

Well, to be fair to those who are suspicious of him, there are some valid concerns.

He was reportedly the last one to see her.
He is the father of her child
Is ,or was at one time, her fiancé
He failed to report her missing in a reasonable amount of time.
He has not come forward publicly to ask the public to help find her

When did PF know KB was missing? TIA

If her car was still in her driveway, have they done extensive searches in the immediate area? (New to this case, so if it's been discussed, I really do apologize because I know repeat questions can be annoying. I did a search first on this forum and don't see much about searches in the area). Thinking about the New England teacher who was reported missing a few months back - in southern Maine, I think? - who was sadly found dead from suicide just a mile from home, probably just hundreds of feet from where they had searched days earlier.

If her car was still in her driveway, have they done extensive searches in the immediate area? (New to this case, so if it's been discussed, I really do apologize because I know repeat questions can be annoying. I did a search first on this forum and don't see much about searches in the area). Thinking about the New England teacher who was reported missing a few months back - in southern Maine, I think? - who was sadly found dead from suicide just a mile from home, probably just hundreds of feet from where they had searched days earlier.
no searches that have been publicized. at all....

I’m not saying that was the intent of calling the press conference, I was saying that was the result.

I’ve watched hundreds of these things, and the words used by LE are invariably important.

Why isn’t he here? “You’d have to ask him.”

Why didn’t he report her missing? “You’d have to ask him.”

Is he a suspect. “At this point he is the father of her child.”

You think this was unintentional?

I think it is the words of a seasoned law enforcement officer refusing to speculate about the state of mind of another person.

Typically, LE looks at the people closest and work their way out. I have no reason to believe they aren't doing everything they can to bring KB home. Just because LE isn't sharing what they are doing or what they have with the public doesn't mean they aren't doing anything and/or they haven't come up with anything. I think it's a safe bet to say they are looking at PF's phone records.
jmo
Or are parked outside his home just out of eyesight, as they did with a recent case I followed where they said they had no suspects and bingo, guess who it turned out to be.

I can't catch up.

Look, about the press conference, IMO it was not called in order to "turn up the heat" on PF.

You will recall that the news of the disappearance happened over the weekend, and suddenly WPPD got a thousand calls from media outlets all over for information. And questions like, "Why haven't we heard about this?" "What is being done?" and "Is there a killer on the loose?" Also, KB's momma was in town and was likely pitching a fit about "Why isn't anybody doing anything?"

Instead of fielding a thousand separate calls, they coordinated a press conference, called in to the CBI media person for help, and the police chief read a short statement with very few details. They took very few questions and left us with more questions than answers. The Chief did not appear overly concerned about KB or PF. He acknowledged that PF was cooperating. And he let momma read a statement.

There does not appear to be any reason to "turn up the heat" on PF.

And it even appears that PF didn't feel the need to hire an attorney to issue a statement for him until the media started hounding him. By all appearances, the police have zero interest in him as a suspect.
I disagree. I think police are narrowly focused on PF and that's why there has been no reward offered nor tip line set up.

I’m not saying that was the intent of calling the press conference, I was saying that was the result.

I’ve watched hundreds of these things, and the words used by LE are invariably important.

Why isn’t he here? “You’d have to ask him.”

Why didn’t he report her missing? “You’d have to ask him.”

Is he a suspect. “At this point he is the father of her child.”

You think this was unintentional?

I read the other day that the FBI is now involved. I think everything LE is doing is intentional. JMO

Ironically, if he’s trying to not look suspicious by using lessons learned from the Watts case, he’s achieving the opposite goal.

Opposite action=same result.
You took the words out of my mouth......
Plus, if you need a lawyer to represent you already, it's because there's something to hide! IMO

LE stated that PF refused to have his home searched. There are links up thread. I can't find one on my computer.

I have not seen them say this anywhere. At the presser a reporter asked if LE had searched PF's house yet and the answer by the LEO was something like" We will have to look into that.."

If anyone can link to where LE said PF refused a search of his property, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Me as well - I've seen it in MSM both ways - he picked the baby up at her place, she dropped the baby at his.
I've seen it both ways too - I don't believe it was specified in the press conference. Just that "PF told officers that he hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving, November 22, when he exchanged their daughter..."

It would make sense she could have gone somewhere to kill herself and why her cars are still there...however that doesn't explain the ping from another state - the same day those text messages were sent out and why she would take her purse with her if she was going to kill herself.

After watching the press conf. I got the feeling LE feels she left on her own accord and is hiding, however, the mother made it clear this is not KB's character at all.
While possible, I always wonder in cases like this, if LE were convinced the person was missing by their own accord, would they put the amount of resources they do in, and get the FBI involved?

Mentioned earlier... it does seem odd that out of everyone only work gets notice of being gone. That does point toward a co-worker since that would be something they would be concerned about. Interesting.

Kelsey didn't have any local family and seems not have any local close friends since her mom was along at the vigil. Work and PF were the only ones who would start looking for her right away if not contacted. It would take longer for her family to notice since they're so far

Many times, I have seen LE say there is no danger to the community when they feel they can assess that a crime was not committed at random and, therefore, no 1 other than the victim is likely to be targeted. They say this to squelch any panic in the community.
The only time I can remember hearing " a danger to the community" it involved a serial rapist/killer targeting an area, a suspect that was last seen with a weapon, or someone that has a violent past that is on the loose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member