CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #27 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I check in on a Facebook page now and then. And it always makes me a little bit dumber for having done so.

The pages are filled with rampant smearing of suspects (everyone is a suspect), turning rumors into fact, and pure guess work. Yes, technically they can be right on their rumors when they propose 10 things to be true, and 3 actually pan out.

The only value I see in reading these unmoderated webpages is that is gives better understanding why there are rules here. WS is my sane place for this stuff.
Also impeccable grammar, correct spelling & complete sentences here!

I am just playing defense attorney. PF won’t talk, so he will need to present some kind of case.
Or not. The burden of proof is on the DA Prosecution team. In Harold Henthornes case there was no case presented from the defense. And he was found guilty. So if the defense has no case to present to refute the prosecution, it is up to the jury. Man, I do not want to wait 2 years for this to be resolved. Not worth it in any way. For both families, for the community, for the baby girl. For the taxpayers.

If KK murdered Kelsey, she would be in jail already.

PF is behind bars for a reason.

I absolutely believe that KK is more involved than has been let on, but I do not believe she actually killed Kelsey.

PF was the driving force here, KK was his pawn, but that doesn’t absolve her of culpability for whatever she did.
I think so as well - and have believed all along it’s about the baby but I do wonder about that “long complicated story” comment - early on JMO

Refresher on definition of "criminal solicitation" ....

What is criminal solicitation?

18-2-301 (1) C.R.S. provides:

Except as to bona fide acts of persons authorized by law to investigate and detect the commission of offenses by others, a person is guilty of criminal solicitation if he or she commands, induces, entreats, or otherwise attempts to persuade another person, or offers his or her services or another's services to a third person, to commit a felony, whether as principal or accomplice, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime, and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

Verbally soliciting a crime is not enough. There must be additional evidence of circumstances that show you had the specific intent to promote or facilitate that crime.1

• Example: One night Lenny and Mickey are having a beer, when Lenny says to Mickey, “What do you say we kill my wife? That woman needs to die.” Without anything further, Lenny is guilty of nothing more than blowing off steam.
  • But... let's say that after Lenny's wife gets killed, the police discover a history of Google queries on Lenny's computer asking the going rate for a hired killer. The prosecutor also finds several of Lenny's friends who testify that Lenny was always discussing scenarios for getting rid of his wife. A jury could find these to be circumstances strongly corroborative of Lenny's intent to kill his wife.
More examples at link
Colorado’s "Criminal Solicitation" Laws (18-2-301 C.R.S.)

There was a poster or two early on who thought that this will be much more complicated and involve more people than we expect. Something about KK being a "rodeo queen" gives me the impression there could be a whole subcultural social group in the rodeo scene in the know about this. Something about rodeo status and hierarchy may be in play. Titles, position, money, status, etc.
It's true. KK has some kind of celeb status in her circle. And that is interesting. Still held up high for being a rodeo queen in a small town from over 10 years ago.

This makes me sad.....really sad.... my family comes from southern US race horse history .... my horse, when I was younger , was a previous throughbred racer.... he threw me off him more times than I can count.... but I was always told to calm the horse while off him, yet to take the upper hands on the reins when I was on him.... I was taught that was the communication between horse and rider.... this story breaks my heart!
Do you know what "rip on his face" means? Is that pull reins hard, hit, or ?

There’s many times during the day that I believe she could have masterminded the entire thing. I never once have had the feeling that he had enough bravado or smarts to carry anything off
Sorry I didn’t finish this earlier post .....
I just can’t imagine how he could pull any5ing off by himself. I would have bet from the onset he had help and now I wish we’d get the next arrest.

Who might KK need to be protected from?
IMO, FBI didn’t coordinate her leave, HR told her to stay off the premises until she’s cleared. Jmo
There is witness protection for case contamination while the investigation goes on such as we saw in the affidavit sealing and I do think there should be some level of protection of this person(s) if they are witnesses that participated at some level.

And wouldn’t an educated “nurse” at least need some kind of verifiable proof to buy into some of these lies...which would have had to be extreme in nature? PF must be one damn good liar. Or her BS meter is broken.

When I get caught up in a case, I tend to get a bit desensitized to many aspects of the crime. Then sometimes (like right now) I get a wave of disbelief, and overwhelming sadness that something like this could, and did occur.
BBM
Respectfully, there wouldn't be one iota of evidence which could convince a normal thinking person to act or aide in a crime of this magnitude. None.

The individuals that end up committing these crimes or assisting are missing a key component in their mental/psychological well being. By all accounts this was premediated over a long period of time. There was no heat of the moment or crime of passion here. Just the cold, heartless murder of an innocent, young mother, who for whatever reason, became an inconvenience to one or both PF and KK.

A healthy, normal reasoning mind cannot comprehend such actions. It just doesn't make sense. I call it Evil and I hope they nail them both to the wall. It won't bring Kelsey back, but it will bring justice and maybe some small comfort to the grieving family and sweet baby girl that have been left behind.

JMO and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members