CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #29 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking also. LE is feeding the R's tidbits of info to get PF and KK to turn on each other and start talking. I spelled this out in more detail on page 4.

Edit: my quote function isn't working. This was directed to UnicornDragon, above.

Also, we don’t know if CB, bro/BIL/friends called/texted or how many times they might have, during the phone off period. I find it impossible to believe NO ONE called KB.
We know CB spoke to her 2X T-giving. What she did not say is how many times she reached out only to get VM.

I think KB met KK at some point, or at least knew of her. Jmo
At least the LE know all this by now. Glad phone records are available.

I think it was genuine, as she was taken aback by what he wanted her to do.

She was solicited three times, which would seem to indicate that she said no during the first two attempts.

If you are planning the perfect crime, you aren’t focused on protecting yourself by telling others beforehand.

It can only hurt you in the long run.

I don’t think she’s this diabolical criminal mastermind, but I do think she was more involved than we currently know.

The phone was the least of it.

And yeah, she’s definitely a talker.
I always thought like you about her but now I think she is way more involved than just the phone. I think she was there during the crime and she knows where the body is.

But that is inconsistent with the narrative PF was trying to create by having KK take KB's phone to ID (if this is true). She wasn't missing on Nov. 26 according to the texts the phone sent to her employer (and PF), just taking some time off. So if BFF M told the Rs that KB was missing on Nov. 26, she knew that KB wasn't just missing. MOO

Exactly what I said pages and pages ago! Totally agree.

Custody.

Wasn't that custody hearing that took place after Kelsey's disappearance, scheduled before she went missing? I'm sorry, I don't know the details that you guys do (don't read at FB) but thought I'd read that in some news report. If Kelsey and Patrick, contrary to what her aunt stated, had been NOT been , for a long time, but had an informal visitation arrangement, and if that may have been about to change, trouble could have been brewing in anticipation of Kelsey getting primary custody. Instead, she disappears and who makes a big play for custody but Frazee's mother.

So is that right that some FB page said people were discussing Kelsey was missing before the official report from her mother? If so, who was saying that? Also, who says the cops had her grocery list?

BTW, I agree that Frazee didn't seem like the type to be afraid to kill someone all my himself. Doesn't mean he didn't involve someone as a means to keep his own hands clean, though. I read some Daily Mail thing where a local horse guy said Frazee exhibited cruelty toward animals. Someone like isn't afraid to harm a person but may be cagey enough to try avoid getting a murder charge. So much that, eh?

This case is driving me crazy because so little info is being released and it's taking such a long time. Either it's quite complex or the PD is incompetent/inexperienced in such serious matters. Hope it's the former.

OMG, this case makes me sick. That precious baby girl without her mommy :(
Thank God she's in the custody of Kelsey's parents.
As I understood the proceedings, the motion was filed at the request of the Teller County Sheriff by the Colorado Department of Human Services against KB and PF. The order of service was signed by the same judge as the arrest warrant, at the same time and both were served on PF the next morning. The child was taken into the custody of the DHS at that time. That morning, the DHS delivered the child to CB, the nearest living relative of KB, and notified the court that KB could not be served as she was presumed dead, evidenced by the service of the criminal warrant. At the initial hearing PF appeared as the defendant, CB was there to defend her right to custody as the closest maternal relative of the child. SF notified the court of her intention to exert her custodial rights as the closest living paternal relative of the child (after the forfeiture of PF's custody). The judge ruled to temporarily continue the legal custody by the DHS and the physical custody by CB, stating that it was in the best interest of the child to remain with the same custodial adult while moving toward a
I’m no cell phone expert, but I’d guess no battery power = no power to ping. MOO

Right, I know that is what THEY wanted to achieve by having her phone in Idaho. But, leaving her car there is a clear oversight. How did she get to Idaho? My thoughts when someone's phone pings hundreds of miles away, a mystery message comes through, their vehicle is still at home, and now they are missing is abduction. He cannot be so stupid to think that just because her phone pings there and a message comes through that people are going to not think someone else could've sent it.

What he was conjuring is a harder story to buy then him simply coming over to her house to drop off the baby and not being able to find her.
Something must have happened to make it impossible for him to deal with one of her cars. Or perhaps he thought they would think she abducted by aliens. Or that she took a hot air balloon to Idaho to see her grandmother.

I was thinking, to get the story to be even a tad believable, wouldn't her body need to be with in 100 miles or less of her body?
If not actually on it?
Say she left on her own with her purse and got into a car to drive north...
Then again forget that. Proof a murder occurred in the house.
Just plain dumb.
They didn't
PLAN AHEA
D!

Moo

If she had information about this, I’d be beyond stunned that she hasn’t told them.

She hasn’t been charged yet, and this likely has to do with the fact that she is talking, and her involvement is still being investigated.

I think it’s probable that only PF knows where the body is.

BBM: I've been mulling that over.

I'm still not entirely convinced that KK is having chatty coffee klatches with LE...for several reasons.

I know, it's crazy. But I'm trying to figure out a way the Nov 26th date makes sense. Maybe Mrs R only knew a first name and the info was bothering her so she typed in "Colorado and Kelsie" in the facebook search to see any posts made by mutual friends of her and M? And maybe tons of posts came up about the other missing Kelsie? Perhaps she didn't look much further into the search results nor the dates of anything but immediately called M? It would all be down hill from there for KK for sure... Another thing-- the other missing Kelsie is missing from Pueblo and pregnant so IF Mrs. R said she saw something about a missing Kelsie from Pueblo, CO that might be why M would include the info back about KB being a pilot-- because that is where KB worked. And there were early rumors in this case about KB possibly being pregnant. Perhaps those rumors about KB were from people mixing up KB with KS?
MOO.
It doesn't make sense because <modsnip: name variations or derogatory terms are TOS violations> was unable to follow the master plan. KK should have kept her mouth shut, but she didn't. She used her credit card in Woodland Park on the weekend of the murder giving LE evidence that she was near Kelsey's duplex. Then, she pinged Kelsey's stolen phone 30 minutes from her own home.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long after someone is arrested does LE have to actually file charges?
I wonder about this because maybe the delayed arrest has to do with not having enough concrete evidence right now and they need to make the charges stick. Or perhaps she is leading them somewhere else, to someone else and is working WITH LE.

Maybe, maybe not. It is the weekend. I have reached out to that reporter with a link to and a copy of the Woodland Park Police time line and have explicitly asked if the R's actually said either date of November 26th or 27th and if they had why did she do a voice over instead. If I do not hear back by Monday I will move up the management chain at the station and to Gray TV corporate and CBS News corporate who are named as being exclusive with this story and if they are going to stand behind it.

Thank you so much for doing this. It seems like it might be an error in general, because later it says they waited almost two weeks to contact the CBI.

"“I don’t know why she didn’t, I don’t know if she was scared,” Patty said. “That’s what got reported back to me. That she had gone to the police. I didn’t know until almost two weeks later that she hadn’t.”

After this realization, Patty contacted the Colorado Bureau of Investigations on Dec. 17 ..."

If the date was December 4th or 5th, that would be more in line with " after almost two weeks" because that is when it hit Facebook that she was missing. It came on my feed on December 4th or 5th.

I'm thinking it might be misreporting, which aligns with all the other misreporting in this story. It has been one of the worst I've ever followed.

Thank you so much for following this up for all of us!

ETA- if it really was November 26th, I'm dumbfounded. That is a story in itself to be followed up by many news organizations. A lot of dirty hands in this one if it was November 26th.

My thinking also. LE is feeding the R's tidbits of info to get PF and KK to turn on each other and start talking. I spelled this out in more detail on page 4.

Edit: my quote function isn't working. This was directed to UnicornDragon, above.

But these people (the R’s) live in this small town and do business there. They would be hated by KKs family and friends if they were being used by LE. I don’t think this is it.

As opposed to the town just hating KK for her involvement in a murder?
(didn't mean this to sound combative)

If LE is orchestrating this, it explains three very odd things about the R's interviews.
1) why would lawyers that should know better spread second hand info.
2) why LE hasn't said anything about the interviews.
3) why does it need to be in 3 segments, with a day in between each (letting both PF and KK see bits of info that only the other one would know).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member