CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevertheless, that's what I gathered. Clearly. You don't call out someone publicly to make a statement and you don't have probable cause to search their vehicles and residence unless they're a suspect.
This press conference was very short,and very to the point. I like that. They are not wasting any time getting to the bottom of this.
Very powerful.

Legally, is allowed to not answer police questions at all? If so, aren't you impeding a police investigation? How can they ever solve a case if you are allowed to not even answer basic questions. Doesn't seem fair to the victims, and criminals have more rights.

How can it be that a woman goes missing 23 days ago. The last person to see her is her fiancee. And the police have yet to question him???? Did I even hear that right? If Patricks lawyer refused to allow him to be questioned why wasn't that made public 2 weeks ago????? Why wasn't he immediately made a suspect??? Is there a law against making someone a suspect who refuses to answer questions about a crime they may have been involved in?

Would his cell phone not orovide answers?
I don't see why not. If it was always turned on and he had it with him. We don't know how much information they have been able to find so far. Maybe there is a big chunk of time when it went silent and they have no idea where he was. Or maybe it has something to do with the pings. Either way, they seem very interested in knowing his actions and where he may have gone during that time. Imo

Legally, is allowed to not answer police questions at all? If so, aren't you impeding a police investigation? How can they ever solve a case if you are allowed to not even answer basic questions. Doesn't seem fair to the victims, and criminals have more rights.
If they want to arrest you, you can’t say no (to being taken into custody). But if they don’t have enough to arrest, then you could work through your lawyer like he is.

ok.
Facts:
PF and KB had a child together.
PF and KB were engaged.
PF and KB lived in separate homes and not together.
PF and KB were together on Thanksgiving day the day KB went missing.
KB’s phone sent a text on 11/25 to her work saying she would be out on leave for a week.
KB’s mom reported her missing on 12/2.
Now after reading those facts, there are holes of time.
After reading those facts it seems PF would sit down with all LE and cooperate fully.
In MOO something is really off with PF.

I don't see why not. If it was always turned on and he had it with him. We don't know how much information they have been able to find so far. Maybe there is a big chunk of time when it went silent and they have no idea where he was. Or maybe it has something to do with the pings. Either way, they seem very interested in knowing his actions and where he may have gone during that time. Imo
I feel like everyone knows that cell phones can reveal your location though. So wouldn’t you turn it off or leave it at home?

She was missing for 10 days before LE started looking for her. IMO whatever PF told her mother on the 25th (when they spoke) satisfied her enough to not be suspicious until Dec 2nd. That conversation is key. It's basically the only communication that LE has from him other than what's been vetted by his attorney. Also the fact that she supposedly texted him and her employer the very same day is way to coincidental.

I know they can't say too much, but I have confidence in the police chief here. He clearly knows a lot more than he's saying and he isn't beating around the bush. No awkward pauses before he answers any questions.

LOL. On a serious note, I think they are just protecting their investigation. Since PF is only communicating through his attorney, they have to nail down all the evidence they can to get an arrest warrant. imo
Agreed. LE is being very deliberate and strategic on what they are releasing. I do believe there are reasons behind what they opt to say to the public or not. It's always a little mind-boggling to me when I see comments on the police department's facebook page like, "Have you looked at her fiance?" as if they haven't thought of that! Or comments like the police chief looked confused when a reporter asked if the police had searched PF's house -- that it hadn't occurred to him they should look there until asked! o_O These police chiefs and DAs giving press conference typically have pretty good poker faces and un-phased demeanors. It appears sometimes that is mistaken.

There just seems to be some unknown component to this case, beyond the usual formula. I don't know what it is. Or maybe it's just the contrast to the Watts case where there was sooo much public social media and porch media interviews and friend interviews that we always felt like we had a pretty good pulse on where it was going.

I think LE is on it and keeping things very buttoned up. And lots of confidence with CBI involved - we know superstar agent Tammy or her colleagues will get answers.

I'm confused. Didn't anybody talk to this young woman for two weeks? I know the mother called the police after ten days. That seems a long time nobody heard from her???
We’re all confused by that.

Friends, neighbors, coworkers, acquaintances, fiancé, you’d think someone would have noticed her disappearance and reported it to police.

Odd. Very odd.

Summary of PC:

23 days since KB last seen -- LE don't believe this is intentional,
Search warrant includes several agencies -- warrant sealed,
Asking PF to sit down with investigators,
Suspect/POI? LE not willing to commit,
Wells Fargo fund for family set up,
DA confirms Woodland Park work and partners FBI, CBI, Teller County Sheriff, and Multi States cooperating,
Looking for help from the community with any info beginning with 11/22/18 Thanksgiving,
Woodland Park PD is contact for this investigation

Media Q/A:

Hope is that KB is still alive
Judge had enough info to sign off on search warrant
No briefing on any findings yet (at residence)
Confirming PF has not sat down with investigators (he was last person to see KB)
PF communicating through his attorney
Case is taking toll on WPPD -- rough investigation
Cannot comment on search of PF truck
Text msg to PF from KB phone -- can't comment
CB has not seen the baby girl/granddaughter
LE has seen the baby -- no word/reason on whether baby will be taken from PF
Officers search Florissant home of Kelsey Berreth's fiancé

Last edited:
What about her Pinterest page and the interesting comments on some of her pins? One of them in particular has #sober on it. Maybe that’s why some people have talked about this? @Kelsey’s Aunt

Legally he can refuse but why isnt he being made a suspect given he is a material witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member