CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article states KK has represented that their relationship began in March of 2018, just a few months after the baby's birth.
CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body
I went back and checked and you are correct. But, according to the arrest warrant, the ex husband of the nurse said she had a romantic relationship in 2016 with Patrick. The divorce was in the summer of 2018. So, it is unclear to me as to when the romantic relationship started. Another note, the flight instructor's birthday was September 15 , and the coffee incident was 8 days later on the 23 d.

Oh my gosh. And was the ride to Kelsey's related to the coffee or to the Thanksgiving murder clean up? And what did she tell the aunt?

Man she was desperate to snag that cowboy of hers. Gross.

A desperate, faded rodeo queen, bloated and washed out by single motherhood, bitterness and disappointment. She wanted beautiful KB dead. No doubt. So she could win her prized "man".

Eww.

KK could probably teach PF a thing or two about manipulation! KK has an "Aunt K" that resides in Colorado. She was waiting in the car when KK was introducing herself to KB with the coffee ruse. "Aunt K" was also with KK in Las Vegas when CBI contacted her 12/14 -- KK didn't cooperate, said she knew nothing about KB.

KK used another Aunt in Idaho to drive her to Boise to lawyer up on 12/18-- but not before Idaho PD arrested her for buccal swab (KK made her deal with DA by 12/20).

KK used friend MS (paralegal) to confide in, and try to get legal hints from. MS went to her employer about the solicitations, but nobody in that group acted to warn authorities or KB.

KK used friend MG to confide in about solicitation, used her as cover for ex-husband, and borrowed her vehicle to travel to Colorado.

Yup, KK has manipulating and gathering flying monkey's down pact. MOO

I don't think she knew what he was burning.

Kenney told investigators that Frazee later drove the body to Nash Ranch in Fremont County and placed it on top of haystacks in a barn, Slater said. Kenney reportedly went to the ranch and helped Frazee retrieve the body. With Berreth's body in a Toyota Tacoma, they drove to Frazee's property in Teller County and used gasoline and oil to burn a tote containing the body and the baseball bat used to kill her.

"She stayed there for several hours while the fire burned," Slater testified. While the body burned, Frazee's mother, Sheila, reportedly came outside and looked.

Grisly account of murder of Kelsey Berreth provided by Idaho nurse

Jmo She knew.

It gets worse! Besides delivering coffee, conniving KK even tried to make a play date for their kids to meet, allegedly giving KB her burner phone number.

KK must have had second thoughts about this as she claims to have disposed of that burner phone shortly thereafter in Breckenridge. (KK later purchased another burner phone for her subsequent trips, and destroyed burner phone along with KB's phone in a fire pit at her Idaho home).
Wow. Dragging her kids in this to boot. What a wunderbar mother.
SMH.

Just like others I went thru the WHOLE hearing tweet by tweet. I was exhausted and numb.
Late last night I created a large time line on paper., again tweet by tweet.
As others I see an outline of what happened over all these months.
However I still have questions, cause a few things don't make sense?

Granted I stopped reading at page 25 last night... so some of you may have already answer my questions I apologize in advance if they've already been answered.

Why so much detail as well as blood in kitchen and living room?( since it was stated she was killed in an office which is 2nd back bedroom). There's quite a bit of blood left over in the bathroom that is why family members had originally concluded she was killed in the bathroom. But again we told she was not.
There are little or actually no details about this back bedroom excuse me back office. No details about blood on desk chair cabinets files paperwork etc. Only details the living room pillows fireplace toys tin foil floorboards (which I assume we're either in the living room or the kitchen.)

I don't understand her comment about getting the call when he asked her what she was doing for Thanksgiving? And she made the reply I knew I couldn't get out of it this time. This doesn't make sense? There's got to be more to it.....

The words where PF was supposed to tell her " just *advertiser censored**** talk." When you go back and go over that again and again, something is missing. It does not make sense to me. Why not say hey just listen to me!!! You going to do this!!!

As with others, being told to go find the tooth--- with the amount of force and brutality that beating took place ---how would he know about one little tiny tooth and where it went??

Forget any painting thing she was wearing, I would imagine that was more medical covering that she took from work. Including gloves. In reality it doesn't matter how you cover yourself, once blood gets wet it seeps into what you're wearing and gets on your clothes. When you're down on a floor scrubbing and the blood gets wet--- unless you're wearing plastic, it will seep onto your interior clothes.

A part of my profession is construction clean up. Bleach will clean blood, but the most effective thing that I use is peroxide and Dawn dish soap. You can wash towels and clothes all you want but without the dawn and the peroxide, you WILL have blood stains with anything you run through the washing machine. (KK said she used machine.) Also I've had the problem of trying to clean blood up and it does seep through. I have covered myself up and still stained my jeans inside. I have also wore plastic. The rewetting of the blood will make you gag and anything that gets on the plastic drips back onto the floor. It's a never-ending cleaning process.

Without said, no way was this done and cleaned in 4 hours! The little bit that she shared with us I sat down and calculated what it would take for me to clean that by myself how many hours and how much it cost. Just rewetting the blood to clean it is time consuming. By myself I would get there at 9 in the morning and I would not be done until 4 or 5. And NO WAY could I go eat afterwards, no matter how starving I was.....

I still question Patrick's friend some utility guy that came and picked up a box. Why was it said didn't need to be said why bring him into the picture. And what about this DNA that belongs to some male in the bathroom sink.

There's a lot of information missing.

And we all have alot more questions.......
BBM

I'm way behind and haven't had time to read the affidavit yet, but following original tweets that KB was killed in a back room/second bedroom, Sam Kraemer later clarified:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Prosecutors are saying K was in the back room while the murder happened. They say Kelsey was killed in the living room. Blame the courtroom acoustics. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #ParrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

(baby's name changed to initial K by me)

It gets worse! Besides delivering coffee, conniving KK even tried to make a play date for their kids to meet, allegedly giving KB her burner phone number.

KK must have had second thoughts about this as she claims to have disposed of that burner phone shortly thereafter in Breckenridge. (KK later purchased another burner phone for her subsequent trips, and destroyed burner phone along with KB's phone in a fire pit at her Idaho home).

What? Where did they meet? How did they meet each other? And where can I find all this info?

I don't think they could've built an effective murder case without her at all.

Just think of all the cases we know of that haven't been prosecuted for lack of evidence, even though there seems to be quite a bit:

1. Kyron Horman
2. Haleigh Cummings
3. Stacey Peterson
4. Ayla Reynolds
5. Hailey Dunn

I could go on and on.
Yes, as I understand it, the fact that they have a witness that he confessed to is the most valuable evidence they have. At least that's what I read is the case when there is not a body.
Despite the fact that she seems to be far more involved than we knew, he is the actual murderer. Imo

I don't think she knew what he was burning.

But wouldn't one ask? I mean the smell of human flesh is pretty discernible I'm guessing. Like it's probably obviously not wood or trash.

That woman knew her son suddenly turned up with the grandchild for several days with the odd story that KB abandoned the child to visit relatives or whatever. And there's her son burning something that smells like meat, on a bonfire?

KK could probably teach PF a thing or two about manipulation! KK has an "Aunt K" that resides in Colorado. She was waiting in the car when KK was introducing herself to KB with the coffee ruse. "Aunt K" was also with KK in Las Vegas when CBI contacted her 12/14 -- KK didn't cooperate, said she knew nothing about KB.

KK used another Aunt in Idaho to drive her to Boise to lawyer up on 12/18-- but not before Idaho PD arrested her for buccal swab (KK made her deal with DA by 12/20).

KK used friend MS (paralegal) to confide in, and try to get legal hints from. MS went to her employer about the solicitations, but nobody in that group acted to warn authorities or KB.

KK used friend MG to confide in about solicitation, used her as cover for ex-husband, and borrowed her vehicle to travel to Colorado.

Yup, KK has manipulating and gathering flying monkey's down pact. MOO

Wow. When you sum it all together like that it sure makes us question who the real mastermind and manipulator was behind the murder.

I have only read through the first 5 pages of the arrest affidavit so far, but thought I would start rattling off some questions to (somewhat) break things down. Please reply with your thoughts on any of these discussion points or questions:
(and apologies for any of these that have already been discussed....between being gone yesterday, and the site being down, I'm still way behind)

- thoughts on middle of the night phone calls between KB and PF on early morning hours of 11/22? is this what led to PF committing murder when he did? obviously these calls are signs of trouble...

- PF being on video surveillance at Walmart after picking up baby K on 11/22? this was a surprise...as many of us thought he killed Kelsey right away. Was this on purpose so that he is being spotted on video elsewhere? I doubt he was getting any kind of pertinent supplies (candles or other), otherwise it would have been mentioned in affidavit? What is this Walmart detail all about?

- the fact that LE or family never mentioned KB's missing gun...was this by design? or maybe it wasn't considered missing the CB may have thought he hadn't returned it yet? (though it appears PF did say he returned it...and hoped people would think she used it for harm?) Anyway, my question is why you think it wasn't mentioned that the gun was missing. I'm thinking it was a purposely withheld detail to be used with later confession(s)?

- thoughts on search at PF's turning up custody document (but not filed)? It definitely fits what most of us felt was the motive here...child custody.

- unknown male (and one unknown female) dna found in bathroom. thoughts? former tenants? I'm assuming the dna was already checked against all other friends or family members who were known to visit Kelsey...

- thoughts on why KK is not spotted on video entering or leaving KB's house? Do you think they camera's info. may have been overwritten by the time LE asked for later dates (11/24 vs. 11/22)??

- why nothing on video of PF leaving house with black tote?

That's it for now. I'll be back later with more questions when I have a chance to read the rest of the affidavit.

p.s. I felt like a caged dog when the Websleuth site was down this morning! :eek:

Last edited:
How many burner cell phones have these two purchased. She bought two for two of the three trips, and I am just now reading in the arrest affidavit that she purchased a third phone on the 4th of December, the same day that Patrick's was seized and he got a new phone.

ETA, it was a replacement phone, perhaps not to be construed as a burner phone. I had thought I've had read earlier that she burned Kelsey's phone and her burner phone in her front yard in Gooding, and the remnants were taken to the hospital.

Further into the reading, it does appear indeed that she did burn the burner phone and Kelsey's phone, and then on the 4th, she told her husband she had lost her Samsung phone and got another one after PF had his seized by law enforcement.

Last edited:
This part bothers me ... because let’s face it, it would have been a much more humane way for anyone to die compared to being bashed with a bat! It physically hurts just to type those words.
WHY so much rage from PF that he could do such a horrific thing? Why not drug her or poison her?
He covered her face to do it, he had to ... so why not poison her??? Why did he end up beating her to death leaving ALL sorts of evidence behind to be found?
It seems he was trying to impress KK - trying to prove he was a man by the way he did it???
I’m just speculating - because some things don’t make sense - probably because I don’t think the way a murderer does ...
Or I’m all wrong and KK lied and she did it - then called him for help... which I suspect is what the defense is already planning...

I believe he's full of rage most of the time, it just takes something to trigger it.

These types go from zero to sixty in seconds if you demean them, cross them, out them. Even though this was planned for some time, I think it probably took two things...something to initially trigger his hate for KB (which may have built over time), and something to propel him to take action.

They (narcs/sociopaths/psychopaths) most of the time don't honestly feel they did anything wrong, they consider themselves above the law - legal and moral. Hence, they often don't think they'll get caught because they are better than that. Mistakes are just them glossing over the fact that they are doing something evil.

Add to that the fact that their ability to feel empathy, remorse, etc. is just non-existant.

The more I read about this case, the more KKL strikes me as a bizarre combo of co-dependent and sociopath.

But, my knowledge and understanding is limited as I only know what I've read and experienced.

Would be VERY interested in any input from our VI experts on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denie67