CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #44 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it that CB said? That KB had told her that PF gave her her gun back, and she was feeling safe around him? It seems that there must have been an earlier conversation with CB about problems between KB and PF.
I thought this message was fake -- texted from KB's phone but after the killing/actually from PF pretending to be KB? But now I can't remember for sure.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

Hold the phone, sister.

If KK left Idaho at 6:30 p.m. on November 23, and arrived in Woodland Park, CO, at 7:30 a.m. the next morning, November 24, there is no way she stayed anywhere for the night, let alone Greeley, CO.

What am I missing?

I just double-checked Google maps, and driving straight to Woodland Park from Twin Falls (via Greeley) is 11 hours, 26 minutes. And KK would have to drive THROUGH Woodland Park and on to Florissant to get the keys to KB's townhouse from the gate at PF's place, and then BACK to Woodland Park. Adding another hour plus or minus to KK's drive time.

An fyi: Driving straight from Idaho via Salt Lake City and Grand Junction to WP, which would take a driver through Florissant on the way to WP, is 11 hours 45 minutes.

Either route, I don't see how KK stays anywhere for the night.

And then proceeds to clean KB's home for hours, head back to PF's , go to Nash Ranch, and have a bonfire. What kind of drugs is she on? She's ate up IMO

From that Zillow set of photos, the camera cannot face KB's door if it is set to photograph the neighbor's door. If it is set to face the neighbor's door, it would catch the side of KB's driveway near the fence but not the walkway to KB's door.

If it can be swiveled remotely, it certainly could be facing directly onto KB's walkway and front door, but as it is for the neighbor, I would think the neighbor would want it on their own front door and walkway.

I can see that it would not be able to capture PF, KKL, or others entering KB's front door, and if KKL walked up to the condo, it might very wall not capture her walking up

Good morning all! Happy Sunday. I missed like 3 threads, y'all have been busy. Marking spot.

I've missed nearly whole sections of this thread because it's impossible to keep up. I'd like to say what an awesome group of posters are here and I hate missing anything that anyone has to say and getting the chance to give likes and replies.

I'm confused by that, too. Is it that:
1. They do have pics of KK entering/exiting and didn't present it at the hearing because she admitted to it; or
2. KK approached and exited the condo from a different angle, thus not triggering the camera's motion sensor (IIRC she parked down the street and walked over; I will look for a link); or
3. The neighbor overwrote the camera pics; or
4. The neighbor's camera was inactive on that day/at those times.
?

I hope the DA has someone with technical expertise looking into this, because it seems an obvious opening for the defense. Little things like inexplicable gaps in what the camera captured plus DNA from two unidentified people in KB's bathroom plus hints of KB's fears for her safety - reasonable doubt, it could have been a third party, maybe that mysterious person PF hinted he thought she might be seeing in Pueblo.

Of course, I try to keep in mind that we don't know the full extent of the DA's camera evidence. Remember early on when all we saw was KB entering Safeway, when she obviously left Safeway and that should also have been on camera?

I think its highly possible that there are many things that CB told LE when she first reported KB missing that were things that she was told by PF to try to distance himself from the outcome. I think CB and LE probably realized later that many of those things were in fact not true...MOO

(bolding mine)

That's small town loyalty - completely blind to the fact that there are always at least two sides to every story. PF said KB 'took off' because she didn't like his cowboy lifestyle. He's playing to the hometown audience - humble cowboy gets his heart broken by city girl who can't handle his 'lifestyle'.

And furthermore, KB left humble cowboy with the lovely baby girl.

Paints a despicable picture to neighbor who seemed to have made a point of saying how pretty KB was, as if it was a bad thing

That's exactly why she will never practice nursing again, or probably any job in which you are responsible for other people. Imo
Getting back to the drugs/poison for coffee.
The drugs used are likely schedule one. Meaning highly regulated.
She can't as a nurse just get any drugs,any time legally.
So she either
A. Stole them from pharmacy,or wherever they are kept.
B. slipped patients fake pills she swapped for ambien, or whatever drug she chose.
C. She forged Dr.s signature.
All of the above I believe are federal crimes. I could be wrong.
So even she got a sweetheart deal for Kelsey's murder which sucks, does not mean she can't get nailed for the above forementioned.
Remember they couldn't get Capone for murder,or raqeteering, they got him on tax invasion,and put him away for a long time.
MOO

The divorce was final in August 2018.

Then the stalking of KB started and the 3 trips to WP to attempt to murder her.

KKL's ex must have been desperate to get her lying azz out of the house with the children
I didn't realize that the divorce was final in August- wow, that is recent. Why was I under the impression it was sooner than that? That tells me that in her head, she wanted Kelsey out of the way, thinking she was going to start a new life with Patrick. That explains to me, why she agreed to attempt to kill Kelsey three separate occasions before Patrick did it, why she agreed to do the clean up.

I would think those who had to work with KKL would need counseling to get over this... worried that they had missed something she said or did that might have saved KB, or worried that she had somehow harmed a patient in her obsession with PF and murdering KB
Gosh, I hate defending her at any point in all of this, but for some reason, I don't get the vibe that she harmed any of her patients, or anyone else in her life, in this manner.

This was personal to her. She's been carrying a torch for Patrick for many years. Kelsey was in the way of getting the love of her life back.

I hope the DA has someone with technical expertise looking into this, because it seems an obvious opening for the defense. Little things like inexplicable gaps in what the camera captured plus DNA from two unidentified people in KB's bathroom plus hints of KB's fears for her safety - reasonable doubt, it could have been a third party, maybe that mysterious person PF hinted he thought she might be seeing in Pueblo.

Of course, I try to keep in mind that we don't know the full extent of the DA's camera evidence. Remember early on when all we saw was KB entering Safeway, when she obviously left Safeway and that should also have been on camera?
I don't think we have enough information about the neighbor's camera to draw any firm conclusions yet. However, my best guess is that they may not have pics of KK because she parked farther away and walked up, whereas PF parked behind KB's two vehicles. (I am still looking for that link that described where she parked.) MOO

Getting back to the drugs/poison for coffee.
The drugs used are likely schedule one. Meaning highly regulated.
She can't as a nurse just get any drugs,any time legally.
So she either
A. Stole them from pharmacy,or wherever they are kept.
B. slipped patients fake pills she swapped for ambien, or whatever drug she chose.
C. She forged Dr.s signature.
All of the above I believe are federal crimes. I could be wrong.
So even she got a sweetheart deal for Kelsey's murder which sucks, does not mean she can't get nailed for the above forementioned.
Remember they couldn't get Capone for murder,or raqeteering, they got him on tax invasion,and put him away for a long time.
MOO

She could have had a legal Rx for Ambien, too, maybe even years old.

Gosh, I hate defending her at any point in all of this, but for some reason, I don't get the vibe that she harmed any of her patients, or anyone else in her life, in this manner.

This was personal to her. She's been carrying a torch for Patrick for many years. Kelsey was in the way of getting the love of her life back.

I think she has a blatant disregard for precautions and is ready to cross the line in many instances - lots of lies that we know about.

She strikes me as someone who might have always been a problem employee who wouldn't follow the rules as they are written.

Yep. When you figure that one out, let me know. ;):p I'm guessing it has to do with preset intervals.
MOO
Well maybe my spidey sense is going off and thinking- did she really do the clean up after all?

Then again, there's no video that we are aware of of Patrick bringing the tote in and out of the house, either. Maybe it does go on and off in preset intervals. There's no other exit area from her townhouse without cameras, is there?

I didn't realize that the divorce was final in August- wow, that is recent. Why was I under the impression it was sooner than that? That tells me that in her head, she wanted Kelsey out of the way, thinking she was going to start a new life with Patrick. That explains to me, why she agreed to attempt to kill Kelsey three separate occasions before Patrick did it, why she agreed to do the clean up.
BINGO

Well maybe my spidey sense is going off and thinking- did she really do the clean up after all?

Then again, there's no video that we are aware of of Patrick bringing the tote in and out of the house, either. Maybe it does go on and off in preset intervals. There's no other exit area from her townhouse without cameras, is there?

One could approach KB's front door from the other side, across the back lot. You would have about a 3-4 foot wall or fence, but it doesn't look that difficult.

As I mentioned, the neighbor's camera would likely be aimed 180 degrees away from KB's front door.

I'll bet PF spotted the neighbor's camera. It's right on top of the TV dish. Not that difficult to see. If he wanted to, he could put the black tote over that back wall, walk around the adjoining unit and load it into his truck without being in camera range

Not only that, they pratically held her hand every step of the way.
Her aunt went so far as to drive her to the lawyer. After she used her to drive to KBs with the poison coffee.
WTH?
With all the people KK told about the murder plot I find it hard to believe the aunt didn't know too.
MOO

The aunt drove with KK to Colorado for the coffee stalking event? Where can I read about that?

None of this makes sense to me. Why didn't PF just shoot KB the night she was getting him stomach meds? Or lure her out of the house TG day and shoot her. The baseball bat and that much blood screams of a woman doing the murder. I hope they gave KK a lie detector text with 2 of the questions being...did you commit the murder and were you present at the murder. It's a good thing I won't be on the jury because with my thinking...PF might easily walk free. I would hate for that to happen but I think KK was the puppet master. Hopefully there won't be anyone else on the jury that thinks like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder