CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #50 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not a junior anything!
Do you know who sells scented candles? Gee, I wonder about that. KB's friends? It doesn't seem that PF bought any at Walmart, and the SW executions do not report any. Hmmm, I am stumped. JMO
I guess I'm buying the candle story. I've had experience lol. Gdaughter liked to put the sleep mask thingy on that she got me and we'd sniff the candles, and pick out our favorites. I'm not a big candle person, but LOTS of people are. I think they're a fire hazard myself. Primarily it's nonsense fun...
Why do I think I'm the only one here who did it?!

I guess I'm buying the candle story. I've had experience lol. Gdaughter liked to put the sleep mask thingy on that she got me and we'd sniff the candles, and pick out our favorites. I'm not a big candle person, but LOTS of people are. I think they're a fire hazard myself. Primarily it's nonsense fun...
Why do I think I'm the only one here who did it?!
Ha! I remember my mom and sister doing the same thing.

Perhaps PF played this game with his mommy when he was a little boy (I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more recent than that).

He only needed one candle to play this game, or possibly, no candle at all.

She might have put the blindfold on under the pretense of playing this game, and he started swinging.

Do you think when LE questioned KK about PF burning KB’s body in the tote they asked her at all to describe the smell? I’m guessing they didn’t, but would be somewhat interesting if they did to find out how she described it.
I think KK either mentioned a horrific bad smell, or she didn’t at all. I think it would be very clear whether a body was being burned or not. So depending upon how truthful she is being about that particular incident, I think LE knows. If KK is not describing a bad smell—a smell like something she has never experienced before—then I don’t think KB was in the tote when it was being burned.

[

it is another incredibly weird thing to me is that he would:
a. knock out a tooth
b. know where it went
c. tell KK to retrieve it

it is potentially easy enough to get the cover off the vent, but it is a vent- should be long and "going some where" so if you miss the item, not easy to get it out.

A supremely creepy aspect of this murder, IMO.
I completely agree, and it’s been bothering me too. I mean, I’ve dropped small pieces of food in the kitchen and not known or been able to figure out which direction it rolled. I’m just surprised with all going on, he’d notice and with such detailed awareness. Maybe he looked around afterwards, once noticing she had a tooth out.

I'm one who believes the candle story and for myself is one of the details that hurts the most. I think Kelsey had no clue he would ever harm her physically. He was being deceptively cunning and wooing her for his purpose. I see her smiling, blindfolded, playing his game and waiting to sniff the candle. He probably told her if she could guess the scent, he would give her the candle. I don't think there was a candle. While she was waiting he smashed her sweet face with the bat. I still have crying spells just thinking how horrific this was. I so hope that first swing was the only one she felt. Moo and my thoughts. Jmo

I think KK either mentioned a horrific bad smell, or she didn’t at all. I think it would be very clear whether a body was being burned or not. So depending upon how truthful she is being about that particular incident, I think LE knows. If KK is not describing a bad smell—a smell like something she has never experienced before—then I don’t think KB was in the tote when it was being burned.

Third possibility: she mentioned the smell but LE has not shared that detail with the public.

All this to say, before I realized this, I was thinking it was odd they found teeth like they did. Now I’m more aware the inventory list isn’t simply items they found sitting around, or even deliberately hidden. They probably tore the place apart and completely destroyed any storage or organization system that existed. Also not saying the teeth aren’t relevant, but it’s an interesting change in perspective. I’d also been imagining the papers and checkbooks and such as sitting on a desk, or recently filed.
Whoa wait a sec...they found teeth? Who found teeth where? Did I miss that?
Geez all I do is work....I miss everything. Can I see an inventory list somewhere? I looked on the front page..honestly it's so full..I didn't see any inventory list.

Whoa wait a sec...they found teeth? Who found teeth where? Did I miss that?
Geez all I do is work....I miss everything. Can I see an inventory list somewhere? I looked on the front page..honestly it's so full..I didn't see any inventory list.

Quick and dirty: 'bags' of adult teeth found around SF's house. Also somehow tied to PF, a 'bag' with four teeth plus one single tooth.

"Bags" sounded creepier than it probably is: folks posted about keeping baby teeth and older folks keeping gold fillings and crowns. No word yet on any testing that might have taken place on any of the teeth.

as per KK, if you believe her, she picked up KB's keys at the locked gate to the ranch. she parked at the Community Center and walked with her clean up stuff to KB's. when leaving, she put her garbage at the curb, and then got her car, drove around and picked up the bags. (thus a cadaver dog hit there). some of us asked if she took all the bags. also seems then that a cadaver dog would have hit on the borrowed VW (Jetta/Passat- various in the affidavit) if it had been checked. no one understands the sock in KB's Toyota corolla. maybe not related to the crime. there is also a mention, I think, of KK driving PF back to pick up his truck... guess they drove to Nash together in the VW and then back (?). Fuzzy about that because it seemed unclear when the truck was dropped off initially.

I must go reread documents because I could (almost) swear that besides PF having to go back and get his truck at some point, he told LE he had to return KB's vehicle to her townhouse also, within this murderous timeframe.

However, I previously posted about an erroneous tweet that was subsequently corrected, so the above is jmo, at the moment.

You're not a junior anything!
Do you know who sells scented candles? Gee, I wonder about that. KB's friends? It doesn't seem that PF bought any at Walmart, and the SW executions do not report any. Hmmm, I am stumped. JMO

A ruse does not require actual items to be effective, so I don't have a problem if no candles show up anywhere. If the blindfold story is true, once PF put the blindfold on KB, he didn't need any further staging. IMO

Quick and dirty: 'bags' of adult teeth found around SF's house. Also somehow tied to PF, a 'bag' with four teeth plus one single tooth.

"Bags" sounded creepier than it probably is: folks posted about keeping baby teeth and older folks keeping gold fillings and crowns. No word yet on any testing that might have taken place on any of the teeth.
Ok well people do that sometimes. Where did you see this? Maybe it's like a ziploc bag with some baby teeth? ew..lord I hope that's all it is. Well I kinda hope it's not lol.

IMHO, the only reason some folks raised eyebrows at the candle story is because it seemed an unlikely thing for a macho ranchette cowboy like PF to think up. It's more the kind of thing women would think of.

Of course, as we now know, a woman was intimately involved in the plotting. I leave you to decide who you think thought up the candle business (whether or not there were ever any actual candles).

I do wonder if over the months, PF and KK planned it so that would be each others' reasonable doubt. KK has her deal, her lawyer was with her for the 4.5 hour video testimony and will prep her and keep her on track at trial. KK will be the source of multiple reasonable doubts perhaps resulting in a hopelessly hung jury or even a Casey A. acquittal. It could be KK does her 3 years, PF spends 3 years in county jail, and that's it.

ITA
I'm not one to dismiss these criminals as being dumb as a box of rocks because they could well be far from it.

KK and all her lies and ridonkulous stories just aren't cutting it with me. She should be on trial herself. If the case could not be made without her they should have waited. Something not right on this one. JMHO

I do wonder if over the months, PF and KK planned it so that would be each others' reasonable doubt. KK has her deal, her lawyer was with her for the 4.5 hour video testimony and will prep her and keep her on track at trial. KK will be the source of multiple reasonable doubts perhaps resulting in a hopelessly hung jury or even a Casey A. acquittal. It could be KK does her 3 years, PF spends 3 years in county jail, and that's it.
PF is deserving of the “dumbest criminal of the year” award.

This guy was so stupid, that he kept KB’s phone with him for two days after he last claimed to have seen her.

Apparently he doesn’t know how to use Google.

What you are describing doesn’t happen with people exhibiting this pattern of behavior (complete ignorance and stupidity).

These people don’t cast reasonable doubt in one another. They incriminate one another.

Even if these were two criminal geniuses, they couldn’t pull off a conspiracy like that.

That’s a bad movie, not real life.

If the jury doesn’t believe KK, fine.

Explain the lie about when he last saw her (corroborated by surveillance footage and cell phone data).

Explain the fact that his phone was texting and calling KB for two days after she was dead.

Explain the phone call to KK after PF left KB’s house, a phone call that jibes with her account of him telling her “you have a mess to clean up.”

Explain how KK had KB’s phone.

Explain the lies to Doss, law enforcement, and CB.

Explain the physical evidence at the barn, to include those cadaver dog hits.

Explain the blood evidence in KB’s home.

Explain the evidence of a fire at PF’s ranchette.

Explain the forensic evidence (we don’t know the full extent of this yet).

We’ve been privy to so little, but somehow, it’s a lot.

The defense already has its hands full, and we’re just getting started.

Last edited:

This guy was so stupid, that he kept KB’s phone with him for two days after he last claimed to have seen her.

What you are describing doesn’t happen with people exhibiting this pattern of behavior (complete ignorance and stupidity).

These people don’t cast reasonable doubt in one another. They incriminate one another.

Even if these were two criminal geniuses, they couldn’t pull off a conspiracy like that.

Explain the lie about when he last saw her.

Explain the fact that his phone was texting and calling KB for two days after she was dead.

Explain the phone call to KK after PF left KB’s house, a phone call that jibes with her account of him telling her “you have a mess to clean up.”

This is such a powerful post!

Based on everything you just outlined, it sure looks like PF's attorney has some 'splainin' to do.

Good luck with THAT!

JMO.

Last edited:
Ha! I remember my mom and sister doing the same thing.

Perhaps PF played this game with his mommy when he was a little boy (I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more recent than that).

He only needed one candle to play this game, or possibly, no candle at all.

She might have put the blindfold on under the pretense of playing this game, and he started swinging.
At the Exploratorium in San Francisco, they have these plastic squeeze bottles with scent on the inside. You squeeze them and then guess the scent. There's a label on the bottom of each bottle that says what the scent really is. I've never tried guessing scents with candles. And now I don't want to because it will remind me of this horrible murder.

[

it is another incredibly weird thing to me is that he would:
a. knock out a tooth
b. know where it went
c. tell KK to retrieve it

it is potentially easy enough to get the cover off the vent, but it is a vent- should be long and "going some where" so if you miss the item, not easy to get it out.

A supremely creepy aspect of this murder, IMO.

I am very creeped out by it, too. Perhaps he was short on time, accidentally knocked it out of reach, too messy to grab it or move items out of the way to retrieve it, forgot to grab it after he was cleaned up but remembered after he left, etc?

jmo

Nope, we don’t know how long this fire went on, but it couldn’t have been more than several hours.

There may be quite a bit left of her at that landfill, if that’s where she is.

Has this already been discussed, but if KK referred to the burning items as a heap, could KB’s remains be enclosed in melted plastic?

And is it possible he further disguised her remains by breaking them up and separating them before disposing of them?

jmo

I completely agree, and it’s been bothering me too. I mean, I’ve dropped small pieces of food in the kitchen and not known or been able to figure out which direction it rolled. I’m just surprised with all going on, he’d notice and with such detailed awareness. Maybe he looked around afterwards, once noticing she had a tooth out.

They are "adult molars".

Maybe four of the teeth are PF’s “wisdom teeth” (oh, the irony!) or teeth he had extracted to make room for others and the other is a trophy tooth of his that was knocked out as a youngster or later in life while riding horses or otherwise horsing around?

jmo

We’re not warming up above mid-40s, but the sun is starting to melt some of the drifty areas where the snow is deepest. Here’s hoping the landfill search can continue on schedule this week.

Below is a photo of I-25 near the Palmer Divide, 10-15 minutes north of the Springs shared on social media by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office last Thursday or Friday.

Attachments

• 5EFE18A2-8DF5-4D9D-8CB2-DCE17CD2E615.jpeg
    5EFE18A2-8DF5-4D9D-8CB2-DCE17CD2E615.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 17

Explain the lie about when he last saw her (corroborated by surveillance footage and cell phone data).

The defense already has its hands full, and we’re just getting started.

Two words.
Jose Baez :rolleyes:
Who I consider below the level of a public defender.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member