CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #57 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right, but I'm not so sure, and here's why:

Thousands of Colorado court cases hidden from public view (IIRC, this was posted in a previous thread)

<snip>"Thousands of court cases across Colorado — hundreds of them involving violent felonies — are hidden from public view, concealed behind judges’ orders that can remain in effect for years, The Denver Post has found. More than 6,700 civil and criminal cases have been restricted from public access since 2013, usually by judges who agreed to a request from prosecutors or defense lawyers to shield them, The Post found."<snip>
Yes, I remember reading that early in the case, and that's the reason I wondered if KK had been arrested and we just didn't hear about it. Imo

I hope you're right, but I'm not so sure, and here's why:

Thousands of Colorado court cases hidden from public view (IIRC, this was posted in a previous thread)

<snip>"Thousands of court cases across Colorado — hundreds of them involving violent felonies — are hidden from public view, concealed behind judges’ orders that can remain in effect for years, The Denver Post has found. More than 6,700 civil and criminal cases have been restricted from public access since 2013, usually by judges who agreed to a request from prosecutors or defense lawyers to shield them, The Post found."<snip>

So weird, I wonder why? The James Holmes case info was also released and it doesn't get more violent than that.

Even though it's not being allowed, the best Trial by Tweet was WAT at the Arias trial. I still use the word "reclinating" for someone reclining in a chair. Sorry, your tag line brought back the memories of Juan. Horrific trial, but made so much easier with a little levity with their texts.
That whole trial was a circus.
Maybe that's what they are trying to avoid here.

Patrick Frazee murder hearing: 'Bludgeoning of cow' allegations not admissible at trial
SABBM:
Prosecutors talked with someone who claimed Frazee previously bludgeoned a cow with an object resembling a bat, 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May said during the hearing.

Prosecutors also asked to air one person’s concerns about the safety of children around Frazee.

Sells quickly dismissed those motions — saying they would unjustly turn the jury against Frazee.

“I just don’t think that’s relevant to this case,” Sells said.

What the Sells.

I could not disagree more with the judge's opinion that PF's prior violent and abusive treatment of animals is irrelevant.

These incidents directly speak to PF's propensity for violence against living, breathing, sensate beings.

It's one thing to kick a tire, or to punch a pillow.

It's entirely another to punch a cow or take a rasp to a horse and whatever other vicious attacks he's made on defenseless creatures.

He has a history of violence.
That's relevant.

JMO.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Jodi Arias made it a circus. It was not the DA, nor the media. Totally the defense team led by JA. Nothing could be like that. She loved having the spotlight on her. PF avoids the media.
Well, the psychologist and the woman who was a domestic violence therapist for the defense created quite a bit of drama, as well.
Everybody was talking about the case and there were tons of rumors and alternate theories and Arias supporters on SM.

Of course it was not the medias fault. They report what they see. What they saw was a circus, in my opinion.

That's the part I was referring to when I said the judge might be trying to avoid that. I wasn't referring to the DA.

I'm sure KK and her crew have the potential to stir up the same sort of drama.

We don't know what it's going to be like yet, and unfortunately we won't get to see it.

Imo

So weird, I wonder why? The James Holmes case info was also released and it doesn't get more violent than that.
I’m guessing a majority of them are sexual crimes and they’re off limits to protect the victims.

Also, it says more than 6700 cases but only “hundreds” involve violent felonies, and the 6700 cases are both civil and criminal. Civil cases are made private for all kinds of reasons.

It’s a somewhat sensationalistic and misleading story.

^^SBM
I think it's in the Media thread-- @PommyMommy posted more tweets from reporters tonight commenting on the Decorum Order for PF trial. I recall one stating something to the effect that Judge was concerned that witnesses not allowed in courtroom would read the tweets and/or be distracted by them.

ETA: Found the tweet I was referencing:

Carol McKinley‏ @CarolAMcKinley
#PatrickFrazee trial judge is worried that key witnesses waiting to testify will monitor #breakingnews from live tweeting /reporting from the courtroom, so he's not allowing it. To report breaking news, reporters must leave the courthouse. #kelseyberreth @abc

4:17 PM - 23 Oct 2019

Oh that’s right! I recall that now.

Are "scribbled tweets" done with Swype? I'm not really up to date on this skillset. Just asking.
It could be.

Dshorthand: noun
noun: shorthand; plural noun: shorthands; noun: short-hand; plural noun: short-hands
  1. a method of rapid writing by means of swiping (lol!) abbreviations and symbols, used especially for taking dictation. The major systems of shorthand are those devised in 1837 by Sir Isaac Pitman and in 1888 by John R. Gregg (1867–1948).
    • a short and simple way of expressing or referring to something.
      "poetry for him is simply a shorthand for literature that has aesthetic value"

Well, KK is a nurse, and she'll probably have to be in town anyway for the trial, so, those needing/wanting that could just stop in PF's l'il tweet-free tent of secrecy and let her perform the procedure there before continuing on to the courtroom.
Oh dear, I don't know about that :) After all the things we've said about KK on this thread, I think we best steer clear of her! :p:D:rolleyes:

Well, the psychologist and the woman who was a domestic violence therapist for the defense created quite a bit of drama, as well.
Everybody was talking about the case and there were tons of rumors and alternate theories and Arias supporters on SM.

Of course it was not the medias fault. They report what they see. What they saw was a circus, in my opinion.

That's the part I was referring to when I said the judge might be trying to avoid that. I wasn't referring to the DA.

I'm sure KK and her crew have the potential to stir up the same sort of drama.

We don't know what it's going to be like yet, and unfortunately we won't get to see it.

Imo
Unfortunately is right!
Yes Jodi’s whole defense team were sick. IMO.

Surely the judge, jurors and other courtroom personnel will be taking breaks, especially for lunch and possibly they will even between times as well. Every jury I have sat on, there was 15-20 minute random breaks at least once or twice during an 8 hour day, and always a lunch break. So, IMO, media/reporters will have breaks in between. JMO

Unfortunately, the reporters will probably be working through their breaks :(

Patrick Frazee murder hearing: 'Bludgeoning of cow' allegations not admissible at trial
SABBM:
Prosecutors talked with someone who claimed Frazee previously bludgeoned a cow with an object resembling a bat, 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May said during the hearing.

Prosecutors also asked to air one person’s concerns about the safety of children around Frazee.

Sells quickly dismissed those motions — saying they would unjustly turn the jury against Frazee.

“I just don’t think that’s relevant to this case,” Sells said.

What the Sells.

I could not disagree more with the judge's opinion that PF's prior violent and abusive treatment of animals is irrelevant.

These incidents directly speak to PF's propensity for violence against living, breathing, sensate beings.

It's one thing to kick a tire, or to punch a pillow.

It's entirely another to punch a cow or take a rasp to a horse and whatever other vicious attacks he's made on defenseless creatures.

He has a history of violence.
That's relevant.

JMO.
Yaas! ITA and was shocked that this wasn't allowed unless there was absolutely no way for them to validate the claim. PF comes across to me as extremely controlling,sadistic and manipulative with a propensity towards violent outbursts.

An action involving a 'bat type object' being used to inflict harm upon a defenseless animal goes directly to the character <or lack thereof> of this defendant, and seeing how this is the alleged manner of death, how is that even possible that it ISN'T RELEVANT??

Sorry for the shouty caps. :oops:

ETA: MOO

Yaas! ITA and was shocked that this wasn't allowed unless there was absolutely no way for them to validate the claim. PF comes across to me as extremely controlling,sadistic and manipulative with a propensity towards violent outbursts.

An action involving a 'bat type object' being used to inflict harm upon a defenseless animal goes directly to the character <or lack thereof> of this defendant, and seeing how this is the alleged manner of death, how is that even possible that it ISN'T RELEVANT??

Sorry for the shouty caps. :oops:

ETA: MOO
I did some research on "character witnesses"....
That looks like it could be difficult to obtain. I was under the impression that it was used on Casey Anthony, but couldn't find it.....

OK. I’ve got probably a super stupid question. I was at the gym a little bit ago and looked up at one of the TVs there and there’s some woman talking to Dr Oz(?) and underneath them it says “Trial of Kelsey Berreth’s Fiancé Begins”...or something similar.
My question is 1) is that true? 2) If true, how could I have been so stupid not to remember that!? 3) If true, how can I watch or follow it? 4) If not true, when will it begin?
Thanks for educating ignorant me. Y’all are the best!

Yes, and I liked hearing KB thought it was "weird" someone came to her home with one.
Was it weird or weirdo who came to her door?
An extremely weird, weirdo :p This case exudes a "plethora" of weirdos.

Google Dictionary: to exude

1. discharge (moisture or a smell) slowly and steadily.
"the beetle exudes a caustic liquid"

Pretty much sums up the people surrounding PF and KK.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member