CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #57 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this video for the first time. I have the same doubts as the CO law professor about the DAs case. I am sure PF knew all about the murder and planned it. But I believe KK is the killer. She lied to investigators the first time and only told her version after her aunt got her the top notch lawyer from Denver. And only then after she secured the deal.

She said she put the bloody bags in the car she drove after the “clean up”. So in the search warrants did LE even look for blood in that car?

I believe she was obsessed with PF and killed KB for him. But when caught, she turned on him to save herself. She is cold and calculating. And her friend, MS? She comes across as dishonest and sick as KK does.

KK said she brought all the clean up supplies. This was her plan. She had them with her all along.

I know they say she wasn’t there on Thanksgiving. I don’t know. You would hope they checked her story. But there’s no way to know KB was killed that day. Maybe she was. Maybe she was abducted by PF till KK arrived the next day. Sad thing is, NO ONE knows.

And maybe, just maybe, it was PF who committed the murder. Either way, he knew. Either way, she knew. MS knew. What sick people!

But right this minute, four days before trial, I agree with Mr. Cline. I think they may have the wrong person in jail.

Or at least both should be in jail.

The Law Professor in the video thinks the DA will have a hard time. So do I. Since everything depends on KKs testimony and since she is such a liar, a jury will have a hard time convicting the only one on trial.
I’m disappointed the DA gave her an easy out. Their decision may keep anyone from going to prison. That should disgust everyone.

If KK is the killer, then why did PF return to the house?

Why did he lie about returning to the house?

Why did Kelsey’s phone leave when PF did?

Why was he so concerned about being seen on bank surveillance?

Why was Kelsey never seen or heard from again after Thanksgiving afternoon?

How did all the blood get over the bathroom?

I could probably come up with another couple dozen questions here.

That’s the point though. The story told by the evidence and by KK, seems to be overwhelming. It also seems to fit.

With KK being the killer, nothing fits, and we have more questions than answers.

That’s the point though. The story told by the evidence and by KK, seems to be overwhelming. It also seems to fit.

With KK being the killer, nothing fits, and we have more questions than answers.
Adding:

If KK is the killer, why did she disclose the murder solicitations to MS?

If KK is the killer, why did PF hide the body for 2 days in a barn before burning it at the franch?

If KK is the killer, why did SF plead the 5th at PF's arraignment?

None of these questions have logical answers, of course, because KK is not the killer.

There's no reason to try to force that round hole into a square peg.

Especially not when we have the blockhead PF who fits into that square peg perfectly.

JMO.

Last edited:
How is the weather for Monday? Wanting nothing to stop the jury selection and trial.......

Weather for Monday 10/22/1019 at Divide, Teller County, Colorado:
High temp: 22 degrees F
Low temp: 10 degrees F
Expect snow showers, with 80% chance of precipitation
CDivide, Colorado weather forecast - Bing
Here in the Rocky Mountain West, that looks like a fairly nice day, but removing one's golf clubs from the trunk of the car for the night is recommended!

Adams says PF used KB’s computer. He checked if she booked flights & then got into her Facebook. Adams says he changed her password to access the account without permission.

Why change her passwords??

Two more exhibits from the state. First is a still of PF on the surveillance at the bank showing him. Second shows the back of his truck, with a black tote in it. He says they learned that tote played a big role in what happened to KB

There has to be surveillance video that the public hadn't seen or heard about yet.

We've heard zero about how he took it in or how he took it out of KB's home.

Two more exhibits from the state. First is a still of PF on the surveillance at the bank showing him. Second shows the back of his truck, with a black tote in it. He says they learned that tote played a big role in what happened to KB

There has to be surveillance video that the public hadn't seen or heard about yet.

We've heard zero about how he took it in or how he took it out of KB's home.

It appears that there is no video of either event.

Obviously, we know that Kelsey’s body was removed from that house, but according to testimony in the preliminary hearing, the neighbor’s camera didn’t catch that.

It also didn’t catch KK near the house, despite the fact that we know she cleaned the crime scene.

That’s why it was important to mention in the arrest affidavit that KK’s knowledge of the crime scene proved she had been there.

"KK said there were bloody footprints all over the house including in KB’s bedroom. The footprints were big. Not likely they were KB’s. KK said it took about 3 to 4 hours to clean up the home."

1. I own a cleaning business. I've said it before, there is no way you can clean such a "horrific bloody mess" in 3-4 hours.

2. What do we know about any lumonol used? Even after bleach and peroxide lumonol will pick up a blood glow.
(Sorry can't sleep tonight so I keep posting. Lol!)

• "KK to police she burned KB’s phone & a burner phone in her yard.
  • KK told police she burned KB’s phone and their burner phones at her house in Idaho and disposed of what was left at work."
If we have access to their texts and call log can someone explain of what benefit was their " burner" phones?

Obviously, we know that Kelsey’s body was removed from that house, but according to testimony in the preliminary hearing, the neighbor’s camera didn’t catch that.

It also didn’t catch KK near the house, despite the fact that we know she cleaned the crime scene.

That’s why it was important to mention in the arrest affidavit that KK’s knowledge of the crime scene proved she had been there.
I just researched Arlo Security. Yes, it stands to reason some was captured and some wasn't.
:0(

• "KK to police she burned KB’s phone & a burner phone in her yard.
  • KK told police she burned KB’s phone and their burner phones at her house in Idaho and disposed of what was left at work."
If we have access to their texts and call log can someone explain of what benefit was their " burner" phones?

Yes.......the burner phones are absolutely necessary to explain why there is no record of any of the phone calls KK claims. She also said she threw away a burner phone in Breckenridge on 11/24-25/2018. It is my opinion that she had a hip holster rig that enabled her to carry several phones at once, or a jacket with an unusual amount of large pockets. JMO

I would assume indeed that there is video at the bank. I would believe that the only reason that there are still shots of that in evidence is so that it can go back into the Jury Room.

Remember last week's trial that we followed, Sievers, they discussed everything but video and biohazard excetera would go back to the Jury Room. Anything on paper would go back. My guess here it was put to two pictures of the truck at the bank so they can go back into the Jury Room without the jury having to ask for it to be re-shown.

I would think that they will show the video in court, and then have the evidence of the two pictures entered with what he is wearing and who he was with in the truck at the bank, and then another picture of the totes at the bank.

Moo

Adams says PF used KB’s computer. He checked if she booked flights & then got into her Facebook. Adams says he changed her password to access the account without permission.

Why change her passwords??

Changing a password can be necessary in order to retrieve a lost password. Social media apps may text a temporary password to your cell phone. PF has KB’s phone. Makes sense with how he might have done it.

MG you may be totally right. I have said so from the beginning. And since I haven’t seen evidence to convince me either way, I will try to answer you with what I think. You know, just my gut feeling.

They didn’t yet prove he returned to the house. They have a grainy picture of someone in a different color shirt but cannot know if it’s him. And I think there was a question of if the judge will allow it to be introduced as evidence. If he didn’t return then he didn’t lie.

Kelsey’s phone. That one stumps me. Unless KK was there and she had it. I can’t answer. At one point the pings show her phone traveling one direction and his another direction.

I’m not sure about the bank surveillance statement by the bank manager, who happens to be the mother of a girl PF dated supposedly. I believe her though.

As I said, I didn’t buy into the bat death. Maybe a beating. I never believed a sweater and candle story. Never happened. It’s possible he drugged KB or abducted her. We know the neighbors camera only picks up certain angles.

I think with KK as the killer it all fits because PF and she were in this together. Let me put it this way. KK wanted KB dead. Her reasoning doesn’t matter to me as I think she is crazy.

The minute I heard that the Doss employee said KB told them of a weirdo bringing her Starbucks coffee I knew KK had no qualms with murder as she said. If KB had drank that coffee she would have been dead.

Remember in the CBS video, KK said it was HER idea to put a lethal dose of Valium and Ambien in the coffee. If she didn’t taint the coffee, why take it to the door and deliver it?

We all need to see and hear the evidence. Right now we have the DA saying PF tried to solicit a hitman. When I mentioned that possibility you guys laughed at me.

I am saying this case is a mess because a young mother is dead and we have a psychotic other woman telling a story that gets PF convicted and gets her at most three years because she got caught. She lied to investigators and they went back after her and gave her the opportunity of hiring a good lawyer and getting a good deal. She should have been jailed and she never was.

I agree with the community rodeo neighbor who praised KK months ago and then changed her tune in the video. She said there is NOTHING KK can say now and that her community will judge her far more than a judge ever would.

Well apparently that is true because the DA only charged her with tampering with evidence. Big deal.

"KK said there were bloody footprints all over the house including in KB’s bedroom. The footprints were big. Not likely they were KB’s. KK said it took about 3 to 4 hours to clean up the home."

1. I own a cleaning business. I've said it before, there is no way you can clean such a "horrific bloody mess" in 3-4 hours.

2. What do we know about any lumonol used? Even after bleach and peroxide lumonol will pick up a blood glow.
(Sorry can't sleep tonight so I keep posting. Lol!)
I used to clean houses too. I’m with you. No way she did it in 3 to 4 hours.

Adding:

If KK is the killer, why did she disclose the murder solicitations to MS?

If KK is the killer, why did PF hide the body for 2 days in a barn before burning it at the franch?

If KK is the killer, why did SF plead the 5th at PF's arraignment?

None of these questions have logical answers, of course, because KK is not the killer.

There's no reason to try to force that round hole into a square peg.

Especially not when we have the blockhead PF who fits into that square peg perfectly.

JMO.
No no. There are no logical answers because KK is psychotic. Nothing logical about her.
You cannot bring one into the equation without the other. Thst
@Love Never Fails. I'm going out on a limb right now. Others more intelligent than me is probably going to set me sstraight, lol! But, here goes...

Early on I thought alot like you.
We don't have access to all the "video" that LE have, that can explain alot.

Early on I always wondered if PF drugg her around the country looking at cattle to make her tired. I also wondered if he hadn't given her something that that would make her pass out(for along time.) There is such a thing as cow tranquilizers.
https://www.scahealth.com/browse/cattle-sedatives-and-tranquilizers/_/N-1555i2w

Along with that, early on, I wondered if KK came when KB was drugged and she did the killing. She was keenly aware of drops and dribbles of blood...

Everything would still fit into place...phone calls, text messages, phone traveling together etc....

Gitana1 (as well as others) had really good reasoning points pulling me away from that thinking tho....
Yes all have good points. Thank you. I will stay with what I know for now. I won’t give KK one iota of credit for telling a story that truly has holes all in it. And that’s the problem with this case. As GK likes to say, “ you can’t put square pegs into a round hole”. Or is it round pegs in a square hole? Either way..

Last edited:
Yes.......the burner phones are absolutely necessary to explain why there is no record of any of the phone calls KK claims. She also said she threw away a burner phone in Breckenridge on 11/24-25/2018. It is my opinion that she had a hip holster rig that enabled her to carry several phones at once, or a jacket with an unusual amount of large pockets. JMO
Yeah right, I guess your opinion of a hip holster makes about as much sense as anything else right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82