CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #57 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was blood in the living room, too, right? As KK says she deliberately didn't clean all of it up around the fireplace.

So blood in the one bedroom, the bathroom and the living room?

Doesn't KK have an alibi as to the actual time of the murder?
Yes, according to LE she does, but I think the only thing they said about that is that they interviewed family members who she was with on Thanksgiving and they didn't notice anything unusual about her.
I'm not sure what other evidence they have other than what she and other witnesses have said about when she exchanged or borrowed her friends car.
As far as cellphone or GPS evidence evidence it's really not clear since there were so many phones destroyed.
I think she turned off her phone on the 22nd but I'm not sure about that.
It would be helpful if someone can summarize all that evidence because I can't remember all the details!
What were the details surrounding her getting a new phone when she came back from Colorado and lying to her husband about where she was going and when did that occur?

Imo

And she talked of bloody footprints in the upstairs bedroom.

There is no indication in the published documents or court testimony of anything that LE did in the loft bedroom. There is indication that DNA sampling was done in the laundry area of the back bedroom/office, but no specific description. Wre'll have to wait and see, on that one! IMO

Yes, according to LE she does, but I think the only thing they said about that is that they interviewed family members who she was with on Thanksgiving and they didn't notice anything unusual about her.
I'm not sure what other evidence they have other than what she and other witnesses have said about when she exchanged or borrowed her friends car.
As far as cellphone or GPS evidence evidence it's really not clear since there were so many phones destroyed.
I think she turned off her phone on the 22nd but I'm not sure about that.
It would be helpful if someone can summarize all that evidence because I can't remember all the details!
What were the details surrounding her getting a new phone when she came back from Colorado and lying to her husband about where she was going and when did that occur?

Imo

She asked her husband to take her to Verizon for a new phone on December 4th, the day PF surrendered his phone to LE in Colorado Springs. It is my opinion that she pretty much lied to her ex-husband all the time. It's hard to put a specific date on it. IMO

Let’s examine you questions logically:
Q: If KK is the killer, then why did PF return to the house?
A: There is no proof that PF returned to the house. A furniture store security camera photo of a red truck with a white tote in the back just doesn’t cut it. PF’s red truck was parked in the Walmart lot at the time, without any tote. A distant security camera captured a figure in a white shirt or top, while PF wore nothing but gray t-shirts. Obviously, PF denies the allegation that he returned to the house to kill KB. The jury will hear and see both sides.

Q: Why did he lie about returning to the house?
A: How could he have lied? KK said he returned to the house. He denies it. It’s that simple.

Q: Why did Kelsey’s phone leave when PF did?
A: KB’s phone did not, in fact, appear to leave with PF. PF attempted two tomake two phone calls on his phone as he was leaving Woodland Park. The body of cell phone evidence shows that PF’s phone and KB’s phone were interlinked via Verizon’s “Calls to Other Devices” feature in the “Settings” section of the phone which dictated that every time one of the phones “pinged” on a new cell the other phone would then ping, if it was in the coverage of the same cell. PF’s phone pinged when he re-entered the main Woodland Park service cell, and KB’s did not. Again, PF obviously denies that he had possession of KB’s phone. The jury will hear and see both sides, based on all of that phone evidence.

Q: Why was he so concerned about being seen on bank surveillance?
A: The bank surveillance video clearly shows PF driving his red Toyota truck, with KF under the same blanket that she was under in the Safeway video of KB, proving that PF’s claim of the handoff outside the condo was legitimate. Why on earth would he NOT want a copy of that video?

Q: Why was Kelsey never seen or heard from again after Thanksgiving afternoon?
A: That is for the jury to decide. They are the only legal entity, other than the coroner, medical examiner or grand jury that can make a determination that death has occurred. Again, PF is obviously denying that he has any special knowledge of KB’s whereabouts.

Q: How did all the blood get over the bathroom?
A: PF would not be expected to explain that, under any circumstances. He is a cowboy, not a scientist. As of the cause hearing, none of the samples had actually been tested. The use of Blue Star only indicates what samples should be tested, but does not give results. LE cited “years of investigative experience” as the reason to believe it was in fact blood. Some of the samples were large enough to receive a field test for DNA, and returned a high likelihood that a majority of the samples were KB’s DNA. It stands to reason that the primary user of the bathroom should leave the most DNA samples on towel racks, door handles, shower curtains, etc. Ultimately, the only opinion on that which matters is the jury’s.

We should hear better answers as the trial progresses. To earn a matched set of eight “Guilty” verdicts, prosecution has to prove KK’s story is predominantly true. Your six questions clearly show that to be a tremendous challenge. As usual, all of this is just my opinion JMO
Ok, granted I was up all night, couldn't sleep, so I was on here slot. So, I am tired this morning. That said, I did catch this quote. And something is wrong but, I can't put my finger on it yet--still drowsy.

"Let’s examine you questions logically:
Q: If KK is the killer, then why did PF return to the house?
A: There is no proof that PF returned to the house. A furniture store security camera photo of a red truck with a white tote in the back just doesn’t cut it. PF’s red truck was parked in the Walmart lot at the time, without any tote. A distant security camera captured a figure in a white shirt or top, while PF wore nothing but gray t-shirts. Obviously, PF denies the allegation that he returned to the house to kill KB. The jury will hear and see both sides."

That time frame is not right. He still had time to get to KB's. Wal-Mart, to me, was alibi building.

There is no indication in the published documents or court testimony of anything that LE did in the loft bedroom. There is indication that DNA sampling was done in the laundry area of the back bedroom/office, but no specific description. Wre'll have to wait and see, on that one! IMO
Kk stated there were bloody foot prints in a bedroom. (Might be wrong on the upstairs part.

She asked her husband to take her to Verizon for a new phone on December 4th, the day PF surrendered his phone to LE in Colorado Springs. It is my opinion that she pretty much lied to her ex-husband all the time. It's hard to put a specific date on it. IMO
Ok. I thought she also lied about staying at a friends house. Maybe that was when she went to Colorado?

While sleuthing family is not allowed, KK's family situation is much more complex than can be covered by the simple statement:
"Her Dad didn't notice anything different on Thanksgiving."
The confirmed location of KK in Idaho has only been the exchange of vehicles at approximately 3:30 pm on November 23rd in the WalMart lot in Jerome, Idaho. However, since the arrest of PF on December 21, 2018 MG voluntarily contacted the FBI directly, and gave an entirely new statement to them. We will not know the details of that statement until MG reveals them in trial testimony. IMO

Ok. I thought she also lied about staying at a friends house. Maybe that was when she went to Colorado?

KK instructed MG that she was going to text that she was too drunk to drive home, and would be staying at a friend's house on the 24th. MG was to confirm that she stayed, if her ex-husband should call. This implies that KK had told her ex-husband she was staying with MG the night of the 23rd. But.......YES.............that WAS when she went to Colorado! She lied about the whole enchilada, to everyone! IMO

1:24 p.m.: A person matching Frazee’s description is captured entering the front door of Berreth’s apartment on a neighbor’s surveillance camera – which investigators said contradicted what Frazee had told them about a timeline on that day.

Last edited:
Also on Dec. 14, FBI agents conducted a phone interview with Kenney in which she “provided materially false and misleading information,” according to Frazee’s affidavit. She told investigators she was unsure of the last time she talked with Frazee and when pressed said it had been within a month or month and a half. She then said that she was at Frazee’s home on Nov. 24 “to look at a horse” and said she arrived back home on the night of Nov. 25.

She may have conned her ex husband into getting her a new phone, but she kept her number.

Dec. 20, 2018
Kenney obtains an attorney and agrees to fully cooperate with the investigation. Agents conduct an audio and video recording with her in which she admits to many of the aforementioned details about the months of planning that went into Berreth’s murder, how Frazee allegedly killed her, and her involvement in allegedly trying to cover up the murder and disposal of Berreth’s body and items.

Some of this information has been given in hearings. I want to hear the rest.

Law Enforcement saw that PF called KK at 3:36m on November 22nd.

They used PF's phone and found that number.

Wouldn't LE be able to see where KK's phone pinged when she picked up that call on Nov. 22?

While we haven't heard of it yet, hopefully that ping location is among the evidence that will be released at trial. Along with toll booth surveillance video along highways from Idaho to Colorado, gas stations, Wal-Mart parking lot, etc.

While we haven't heard of it yet, hopefully that ping location is among the evidence that will be released at trial. Along with toll booth surveillance video along highways from Idaho to Colorado, gas stations, Wal-Mart parking lot, etc.
Agreed!
Back in 2016 I traveled to different parts of Colorado. I made a point to pay my toll fees. Yet, I was sent a letter by Colorado. They took a picture of my licence plate and located my address. They questioned if I had paid all my tolls.

They had cameras along the interstate taking pictures. I wasn't on the road that needed to pay a toll charge, however the camera took pictures of me. I had to write a letter explaining that I was on the regular Interstate not there toll roads.

You better believe they have pictures of KK......

Oh, wow, I don't remember that.
What a dope to walk all throughout the house tracking blood everywhere.
I guess he wasn't concerned since he wasn't doing the cleanup.
Twitter: Kenney says she helped clean up Kelsey's house described "bloody footprints all over " & it took "three to four hours" to clean up. Kenney says she purposely left blood spatter in certain areas of the house for investigators to find.

Yes.......the burner phones are absolutely necessary to explain why there is no record of any of the phone calls KK claims. She also said she threw away a burner phone in Breckenridge on 11/24-25/2018. It is my opinion that she had a hip holster rig that enabled her to carry several phones at once, or a jacket with an unusual amount of large pockets. JMO
I agree she likely had a place she carried several phones with her. However, this is how many people end up getting burned using burner phones.

They drop their personal phone in the pocket, bag or holster right next to the burner phone. Police doing investigation discover a strange number, that number has cellular data attached to it, just not the name of the person using it. However with cross referencing the suspects personal phone data the trail of the ping on their personal phone matches, and boom you are implicated as the one controlling the burner.

It has not been released to the public, but I would expect that police required KK to provide the cell numbers on her burner phones, so I am sure they pulled what records exist. (I know tower pings are erased after a short period, but there is data from no connects and other interactions.)

The burner numbers would have shown on PF's cell records too, unless he was using a burner. Once again KK would have that number and those records would be collected.

I am expecting the cell data from all of the phones will be one area that is expanded significantly from the rudimentary level of discussion done at the preliminary hearing, where it only concerned the phones of PF, KK and KB. Especially considering the acknowledge the use of burner phones.

MOO of course, since my wife refuses to share my opinion. :)

There was blood in the living room, too, right? As KK says she deliberately didn't clean all of it up around the fireplace.

So blood in the one bedroom, the bathroom and the living room?

Doesn't KK have an alibi as to the actual time of the murder?

Blood in the living room, where the murder allegedly occurred.

Blood in the bathroom, which supports the cleanup.

We haven’t heard about any blood in the bedroom though.

KK has an alibi that puts her many hundreds of miles away at the time of the murder.

Law Enforcement saw that PF called KK at 3:36m on November 22nd.

They used PF's phone and found that number.

Wouldn't LE be able to see where KK's phone pinged when she picked up that call on Nov. 22?

We have been through all of this before. Please read Search Warrant Application SW 18-120, Affidavit, Attachment A, Page 14, Paragraph 2. All of the "calls" made by PF on the afternoon of November 22nd were unsuccessful attempts to call. They were not recorded by pings, but were lifted by LE directly from the call record of PF's physical cell phone. As it explains, most of them were probably dialed from areas with poor cellular cpverage, and the call was simply dropped.
If PF and KK talked at all on November 22nd, it was on burner phones. Since There is no evidence that PF ever had one, and KK admits destroying all of her collection; this information indicates nothing.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...erest/2018CR330/002/18-120 Search Warrant.pdf

I agree she likely had a place she carried several phones with her. However, this is how many people end up getting burned using burner phones.

They drop their personal phone in the pocket, bag or holster right next to the burner phone. Police doing investigation discover a strange number, that number has cellular data attached to it, just not the name of the person using it. However with cross referencing the suspects personal phone data the trail of the ping on their personal phone matches, and boom you are implicated as the one controlling the burner.

It has not been released to the public, but I would expect that police required KK to provide the cell numbers on her burner phones, so I am sure they pulled what records exist. (I know tower pings are erased after a short period, but there is data from no connects and other interactions.)

The burner numbers would have shown on PF's cell records too, unless he was using a burner. Once again KK would have that number and those records would be collected.

I am expecting the cell data from all of the phones will be one area that is expanded significantly from the rudimentary level of discussion done at the preliminary hearing, where it only concerned the phones of PF, KK and KB. Especially considering the acknowledge the use of burner phones.

MOO of course, since my wife refuses to share my opinion. :)

All calls, of any voice origin, are billed in the cellular network of the United States. Even if the caller plan is unlimited and there is unlimited roving, the individual calls are still billed to the burner phone carrier, for accounting purposes.
I find it very strange that all of these supposed burner phones only exist in the testimony of KK, so far. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314