CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #57 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a Tweet about the bedroom.

Slater also says Kenney was instructed to clean Berreth’s bedroom on the second floor. Kenney found large bloody footprints all over the house, per Slater. She says it took 3-4 hours to clean. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
Sam Kraemer on Twitter

And Bible.

She collected a stuff animal, tin foil on top of cinnamon rolls, some of Kaylee’s toys and some cookie cutters that Frazee told her to clean. She put those in trash bags, along with curtains, pillows & a Bible with blood on it, and discarded those items. @KOAA #KrystalKenney
Sam Kraemer on Twitter

So unless there’s more information somewhere, it doesn’t appear we know for a fact where the Bible was.
Really, what bold arrogance to tromp around doing as ya please! All the while thinking "it's her mess to clean not mine."

IMO I have always envisioned KK angry while cleaning, which is why I feel like she left some blood on purpose, but again purely IMO

Strangely, it does.

I do think her motives were complex, and hopefully we get a better picture when she’s on the stand.

However, if she claims that she was both scared of him and in love with him, I won’t buy that.

I never have.

I don't know.....I seen the footage of her at sonic.....
mannerisms speak louder than words.

she wasn't angry not by a long shot.

moo

And she was stupid enough to do it, too. That would have been the perfect time to call LE, but no, she went along happily and did it. Helped the next day, too.
I know! She could have called LE in Woodland Park---reported a possible murder, and been safe and sound hundreds of miles away.

I know! She could have called LE in Woodland Park---reported a possible murder, and been safe and sound hundreds of miles away.
what did she really think was gunna happen from here?
riding around the enormous franchette of 35 acres horseback holding hands with pf?:confused:

<modsnip>

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
And she was stupid enough to do it, too. That would have been the perfect time to call LE, but no, she went along happily and did it. Helped the next day, too.

I think she was happy to clean up the mess. She was flattered. After all, he did it for her. Her thinking, not mine. He brutally murdered and got rid of his girlfriend and mother of his child, so he could be with her. Cleaning up was the least she could do. When in fact it was not for her, but because of his selfishness and hatred for Kelsey. He wanted her out of the picture so he wouldn't have to share custody or pay out support. It was not for KK. She was just useful to his plot. Imo

I think she was happy to clean up the mess. She was flattered. After all, he did it for her. Her thinking, not mine. He brutally murdered and got rid of his girlfriend and mother of his child, so he could be with her. Cleaning up was the least she could do. When in fact it was not for her, but because of his selfishness and hatred for Kelsey. He wanted her out of the picture so he wouldn't have to share custody or pay out support. It was not for KK. She was just useful to his plot. Imo

They both sound seriously and maniacally crazy to me. Not sure we have any code in DSM to describe these types. It's definitely a repeating pattern through history (wherein someone is willing to involve themselves directly in heinous crime, due to "love" or lust + obsession).

If you are right (and I think you are), PF is completely cold-blooded, able to plan for his "financial future," and also arrogant/grandiose as heck (since he apparently thought he could get away with this).

Assuming that PF took possession of the weapon, and gave it to KK.
I don't recall anywhere that KK reported she took the gun from KB's condo herself.

Confirming KK received gun from PF, and did not take it from KB's condo.

Frazee gave Lee a bag containing Berreth’s gun, the affidavit says.

“Frazee wanted Berreth’s firearm to appear to be missing in an attempt to lead investigators to believe that Berreth might have committed suicide. Frazee said that because she wouldn’t take the body, she had to take Berreth’s firearm with her and dispose of it,” the affidavit said.

Slater said that after Lee returned to Idaho, she gave the gun to a friend. Investigators retrieved the gun from the man and confirmed it had been purchased and owned by Berreth.

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Patrick Frazee, nurse's affair fueled conspiracy

ETA: DP link above is great refresher of this entire case -- especially for any newcomers just joining the thread.

They both sound seriously and maniacally crazy to me. Not sure we have any code in DSM to describe these types. It's definitely a repeating pattern through history (wherein someone is willing to involve themselves directly in heinous crime, due to "love" or lust + obsession).

If you are right (and I think you are), PF is completely cold-blooded, able to plan for his "financial future," and also arrogant/grandiose as heck (since he apparently thought he could get away with this).
BBM:

There is no DSM code for Evil.

So there's that.

JMO.

Defense plans to point finger at Idaho nurse in Kelsey Berreth slaying

Sept 18, 2019

Defense attorneys for a Colorado man accused of beating his fiance to death with a baseball bat indicated in court filings Tuesday that they will seek to lay the blame for the young woman's murder on an Idaho woman who was having an affair with the suspect.

[...]

The filing, titled "Endorsement of Defenses and Witnesses" was filed one day past the deadline for lawyers to present an alternate suspect to the judge who will preside over 32-year-old Patrick Frazee's murder trial in October.

As a result of the missed deadline, it is unclear whether the judge will allow the defense to try to convince jurors that it was Krystal Lee Kenney of Hansen, rather than Frazee, who killed 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth of Woodland Park, Colorado.

[...]

"....it is anticipated that as part and parcel to general denial, there may be evidence that other individuals committed or fabricated portions of the crimes alleged against Mr. Frazee, to include Krystal Lee," the filing reads.

[...]

According to Kenney's interview with investigators, Frazee beat his fiance to death on Thanksgiving while their 1-year-old daughter was confined in a playpen in another room. Frazee is accused of tying a sweater around Berreth's face as a blindfold under the guise of having her guess the scent of different candles, then hitting her repeatedly in the head with a baseball bat.

[...]

She also told police she collected bloodstained pillows, books, baby toys, stuffed animals and other possessions, which Frazee and Kenney later burned along with Berreth's body, according to investigators.

Later, in an attempt to throw off detectives, Kenney took Berreth's handgun and cell phone with her back to Idaho, sending Frazee text messages from the phone pretending to be his fiance, police say. She said she then burned the cell phone in her front yard.

^^bbm

Defense plans to point finger at Idaho nurse in Kelsey Berreth slaying

Sept 18, 2019

Defense attorneys for a Colorado man accused of beating his fiance to death with a baseball bat indicated in court filings Tuesday that they will seek to lay the blame for the young woman's murder on an Idaho woman who was having an affair with the suspect.

[...]

The filing, titled "Endorsement of Defenses and Witnesses" was filed one day past the deadline for lawyers to present an alternate suspect to the judge who will preside over 32-year-old Patrick Frazee's murder trial in October.

As a result of the missed deadline, it is unclear whether the judge will allow the defense to try to convince jurors that it was Krystal Lee Kenney of Hansen, rather than Frazee, who killed 29-year-old Kelsey Berreth of Woodland Park, Colorado.

[...]

"....it is anticipated that as part and parcel to general denial, there may be evidence that other individuals committed or fabricated portions of the crimes alleged against Mr. Frazee, to include Krystal Lee," the filing reads.

[...]

According to Kenney's interview with investigators, Frazee beat his fiance to death on Thanksgiving while their 1-year-old daughter was confined in a playpen in another room. Frazee is accused of tying a sweater around Berreth's face as a blindfold under the guise of having her guess the scent of different candles, then hitting her repeatedly in the head with a baseball bat.

[...]

She also told police she collected bloodstained pillows, books, baby toys, stuffed animals and other possessions, which Frazee and Kenney later burned along with Berreth's body, according to investigators.

Later, in an attempt to throw off detectives, Kenney took Berreth's handgun and cell phone with her back to Idaho, sending Frazee text messages from the phone pretending to be his fiance, police say. She said she then burned the cell phone in her front yard.

^^bbm
I thought they missed the deadline to present an alternate suspect, but I see it was by just one day. Guessing that's close enough?

I thought they missed the deadline to present an alternate suspect, but I see it was by just one day. Guessing that's close enough?

Had they filed that motion, they would have basically said that KK is the killer.

By not filing, they are able to go with a general defense. They’ll still point the finger at her probably, but not as directly as they otherwise would have indicated.

Here’s an article that explains it way better than I can.

From an attorney's perspective, this route provides Frazee's team more options. Instead of having to persuade a jury that an alternate suspect committed the crime from start to finish (the alternate suspect defense), the defense will focus on poking holes in the prosecutor's case with hopes of establishing reasonable doubt in the facts.

Attorney explains Frazee's planned defense for murder trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member