CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered if Kelsey was considering moving back home. I think she realized that her and PF were never going to get married and his family obviously hated her. :(
It’s something I’ve entertained myself.

With what we heard today though, it seems like his side was just happy to have Kelsey out of the picture, and the baby in their custody.

The status quo provided enough of a motive, even without a potential move. She was never good enough, would never be good enough, and she had to go.

What horrible people. Their treatment of Kelsey is unfathomable. It makes me so angry. And yes, I hope SF has to take the stand. I won't call her what I'd like to.
Cheryl is an amazing lady and I'll bet Kelsey was too. Like her mom. It's just so sad.

It’s like a scene out of “The Bates Motel.”

Norman gets a girl pregnant, but it’s the girl’s fault for somehow seducing him or something.

What backwards garbage.

<modsnip>

I refuse, simply refuse, to treat them as "victims" after what we learned today re: how badly they spoke about AND treated KB.

I mean, I never regarded them as victims before today, but this totally clinches it.

They ill-treated and bad-mouthed KB while she was alive.

And then one of them apparently came right on here to the thread to spread lies after KB had been murdered by PF, too, from what I understand.

<modsnip>
JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened to the CBS4 in Denver video. I think they may have made a small error in their timeline, can anyone help me remember the details?

I’m paraphrasing, but the female anchor said that PF and KK started an affair in 2016-2017 when they were in college. Is that correct?

Some other sources have said they met in high school or at a rodeo camp, but the timing between HS and college can be pretty short, especially if they are not the same exact age.

I think KK said in her interviews that LE summarized previously in court they had only been seeing each other for a few years (at the time of the murder), so that would make 2016-17 correct, but then another news source from upthread mentioned that she had married another man and they had been having an affair for eight years until she divorced her husband.

KK could be lying in all the cases, but CBS4 saying that PF and KK met in 2016-17 “while they were in college” seems way off. Maybe they meant 2006-07? Or maybe I heard it wrong?

Here is a screencap of the graphic from tonight. I tried turning on CC but that was no help.

Thanks!

jmo

Attachments

• 5A84F9CF-2578-4A60-B7FA-B269AA5FF408.jpeg
    5A84F9CF-2578-4A60-B7FA-B269AA5FF408.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 13

With what we heard today though, it seems like his side was just happy to have Kelsey out of the picture, and the baby in their custody.

The status quo provided enough of a motive, even without a potential move. She was never good enough, would never be good enough, and she had to go.
Well, to be honest, I think it's the opposite.

Kelsey came from and exudes class and grace. Hard working, educated, was an instructor herself. Independent. Came from a religious upbringing.

They couldn't hold a candle to her and they knew it. So they demean her and call her names like junior high kids, bully her. What they probably hated the most was that they couldn't wear her down- she had family and friends that kept her going, believed in all the good in her, knew she was no trash.

They couldn't compete. Pure and simple. I mean, we had a prime example of that last year in the first couple of threads with his own darling sister- trashing Kelsey all over on here at WS and on social media- until her brother was arrested and more evidence came out. Now, crickets from her.

They were beneath Kelsey.

Cheryl Berreth struggled to contain her emotions on the stand as she described her daughter's upbringing in Washington state and a lifelong desire to become a pilot. Kelsey Berreth moved to Colorado within a year after starting a relationship with Patrick Frazee. Kelsey worked in Grand Junction, Falcon and Pueblo as a flight instructor. Cheryl describes her daughter's relationship with the Frazee family as never being good, with the family viewing Kelsey as a "hooker" because she would arrive at the family property late at night due to her work hours.

According to the mother, the relationship worsened after Kelsey told the family about her pregnancy in the summer of 2017. She explained how her daughter was thrown out of the house and forced to move in with a coworker. Fast forward a year later when Frazee and Berreth's daughter had just turned one year old, and Cheryl Berreth describes her daughter visiting a clinic in California to help address mineral deficiency. Soon after, Kelsey started working less to spend more time with her child. She and Frazee continued to live separately.

Mother testifies about strained relationship and concern for her missing daughter

If I remember correctly, KB was working in Grand Junction when she became pregnant -- about 4.5 hour drive. Yeah -- that doesn't exactly get you in the driveway at 5 pm.

At time of her dissappearance/murder -- KB was working near the Pueblo Airport -- although closer in miles, terrible traffic.

Life in Colorado was never easy for KB. Not even for a minute. :(

MOO

Which is ironic because KB has always seemed to be way out of PF's league to me. This confirms he and his family are pure trash. They were probably jealous of Kelsey's beauty, intelligence, independence, and class.

Just listened to the CBS4 in Denver video. I think they may have made a small error in their timeline, can anyone help me remember the details?

I’m paraphrasing, but the female anchor said that PF and KK started an affair in 2016-2017 when they were in college. Is that correct?

Some other sources have said they met in high school or at a rodeo camp, but the timing between HS and college can be pretty short, especially if they are not the same exact age.

I think KK said in her interviews that LE summarized previously in court they had only been seeing each other for a few years (at the time of the murder), so that would make 2016-17 correct, but then another news source from upthread mentioned that she had married another man and they had been having an affair for eight years until she divorced her husband.

KK could be lying in all the cases, but CBS4 saying that PF and KK met in 2016-17 “while they were in college” seems way off. Maybe they meant 2006-07? Or maybe I heard it wrong?

Here is a screencap of the graphic from tonight. I tried turning on CC but that was no help.

Thanks!

jmo
According to KK’s husband, the affair happened in 2016, and possibly continued into 2017.

They dated in college, which would have been years before that.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...lication and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf

Attachments

• 5BE5868C-61A2-498A-9741-8DD00BEFC53A.jpeg
    5BE5868C-61A2-498A-9741-8DD00BEFC53A.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3
It’s like a scene out of “The Bates Motel.”

Norman gets a girl pregnant, but it’s the girl’s fault for somehow seducing him or something.

What backwards garbage.

I have to admit that I'm having a hard time understanding the F's apparent total aversion/opposition to KB, but yet they/he wanted the baby. If PF didn't want to pay support and have partial custody, as has been theorized/speculated, by eliminating KB now he's got full custody and full financial responsibility,unless someone else in his family contributes financially and with child-rearing. I guess it could be some kind of a bloodline/breeding thing, idk.

OTOH, the more we learn about them, the more twisted they seem, so it won't make sense.

Edited for spelling and clarity.

Last edited:

I've been all over the place this year with my thoughts about what brought on Frazee's final rage.

Kelsey stating that she was taking the baby and leaving town made the most sense.

When we remember from past cases that a controlling man is most likely to strike when he learns he's about to lose control, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks!

jmo

According to KK’s husband, the affair happened in 2016, and possibly continued into 2017.

They dated in college, which would have been years before that.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/Application and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf

From the timeline:

• KK told FBI she and PF met each other at a dude ranch in 2006.
  • KK and CL married.
  • CL stated KK and PF dated in college and the two were involved in a sexual relationship during at least 2016 and possibly into 2017.
April 29, 2016 - Friday
  • KK filed for divorce from CL

NOV 1, 2019
‘She was a great mom’: Mother of Kelsey Berreth testifies about daughter’s disappearance, death
The morning of Thanksgiving 2018, Kelsey Berreth called her mom twice. At one point, she had asked for a recipe for the family’s famous bread dip. The two of them had also discussed how Kelsey Berreth hadn’t gotten much sleep since she had made an early morning trip to the grocery store to buy her fiance medicine.

[...]

After Cheryl Berreth hung up the phone, she said she texted her daughter’s fiance — Patrick Frazee — and told him she hoped he’d get well soon. She said he responded with “Happy Thanksgiving.”

[...]

“She was a great mom,” Cheryl Berreth said, adding that Kelsey Berreth’s life revolved around taking care of her and Frazee’s child.

[...]

Cheryl Berreth said she immediately called Frazee, who told her he and Kelsey Berreth had broken up. On the witness stand, Cheryl Berreth said her daughter had told her no such thing. The next day, she and her son got on a plane to Colorado and took an Uber to her daughter’s condo.

“I already had a gut feeling that something bad had happened,” Cheryl Berreth said.

...Cheryl Berreth said she and her son couldn’t sleep so they made a list of everything that seemed odd. That list was ultimately a page and a half long.

The ingredients for bread dip sat undisturbed in the kitchen. There was a pan of cold cinnamon rolls sitting on the stove, and what appeared to be wipe marks on the TV. All of Kelsey Berreth’s makeup and luggage was still in the house.

[...]

Both the prosecution and defense presented opening statements before Cheryl Berreth’s testimony. The prosecution argued that Frazee is a cold manipulator who made the people around him think Kelsey Berreth was an abusive mother, and who tried to persuade his mistress to kill her before doing it himself.

[...]

Prosecutors claimed that Frazee spoke to Lee on the phone dozens of times after Berreth’s phone was destroyed, but never once tried to call his fiancee and see if she was ok.

[...]

Cheryl Berreth’s testimony will resume on Monday morning at the Teller County Courthouse in Cripple Creek.

NOV 1, 2019
‘She was a great mom’: Mother of Kelsey Berreth testifies about daughter’s disappearance, death
The morning of Thanksgiving 2018, Kelsey Berreth called her mom twice. At one point, she had asked for a recipe for the family’s famous bread dip. The two of them had also discussed how Kelsey Berreth hadn’t gotten much sleep since she had made an early morning trip to the grocery store to buy her fiance medicine.

[...]

After Cheryl Berreth hung up the phone, she said she texted her daughter’s fiance — Patrick Frazee — and told him she hoped he’d get well soon. She said he responded with “Happy Thanksgiving.”

[...]

Cheryl Berreth was the first witness called to the stand after jury selection and opening statements concluded on Friday afternoon...

[...]

“She was a great mom,” Cheryl Berreth said, adding that Kelsey Berreth’s life revolved around taking care of her and Frazee’s child.

[...]

Cheryl Berreth said she immediately called Frazee, who told her he and Kelsey Berreth had broken up. On the witness stand, Cheryl Berreth said her daughter had told her no such thing. The next day, she and her son got on a plane to Colorado and took an Uber to her daughter’s condo.

“I already had a gut feeling that something bad had happened,” Cheryl Berreth said.

...Cheryl Berreth said she and her son couldn’t sleep so they made a list of everything that seemed odd. That list was ultimately a page and a half long.

The ingredients for bread dip sat undisturbed in the kitchen. There was a pan of cold cinnamon rolls sitting on the stove, and what appeared to be wipe marks on the TV. All of Kelsey Berreth’s makeup and luggage was still in the house.

[...]

Both the prosecution and defense presented opening statements before Cheryl Berreth’s testimony. The prosecution argued that Frazee is a cold manipulator who made the people around him think Kelsey Berreth was an abusive mother, and who tried to persuade his mistress to kill her before doing it himself.

[...]

Prosecutors claimed that Frazee spoke to Lee on the phone dozens of times after Berreth’s phone was destroyed, but never once tried to call his fiancee and see if she was ok.

[...]

Cheryl Berreth’s testimony will resume on Monday morning at the Teller County Courthouse in Cripple Creek.
To sum up: It was the first of many bad days for the defense.

From the timeline:

• KK told FBI she and PF met each other at a dude ranch in 2006.
  • KK and CL married.
  • CL stated KK and PF dated in college and the two were involved in a sexual relationship during at least 2016 and possibly into 2017.
April 29, 2016 - Friday
  • KK filed for divorce from CL

TL, you and your timeline are awesome! Thank you!

I have to admit that I'm having a hard time understanding the F's apparent total aversion/opposition to KB, but yet they/he wanted the baby. If PF didn't want to pay support and have partial custody, as has been theorized/speculated, by eliminating KB now he's got full custody and full financial responsibility,unless someone else in his family contributes financially and with child-rearing. I guess it could be some kind of a bloodline/breeding thing, idk.

OTOH, the more we learn about them, the more twisted they seem, so it won't make sense.

Edited for spelling and clarity.
The motive given by CB via the civil suit was that it was about custody of baby K. It wasn't about paying support. It was about having full control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810