GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes it's just easier to say husband instead of explaining a "it's complicated" relationship status. I have a really close friend who has been with her partner maybe five or six years. They have a 2.5 year old. My friend wears an engagement ring, but they really don't have any immediate plans to get married. Or maybe they never will. It doesn't seem to bother them. But they live together and (unlike PF) are very much together. I've been with her several times when we are around other people and often she will just make a reference to "my husband." Because he's more than just a boyfriend, and they have a child together. I guess she could say fiance, but there is no upcoming wedding or marriage plans. I think it just avoids having to explain or invite more interest or questioning into her personal life.

Even when I mention something about them in passing to someone who doesn't know them, I always stumble over how to refer to him. Like, "Oh, Mary's.... boyfriend? fiance? husband? was at the game on Saturday." Sometimes I would just say, "Mary's baby daddy" kind of joking because she does, but then a friend said, "You always call him that! I thought they were together?" And even though I was just kidding, I realized that sounds like they aren't still a couple. These days I will just say something like, "Mary's man's name is Joe. Let's just call him Joe."

It all sounds silly, but we do a lot socially with them and their families, so they often come up in conversation and I legit never know a quick way to describe who he is! And I noticed that she often just says husband. It's not trying to mislead or deceive, just kind of mitigates having to explain a private dynamic to acquaintances, coworkers, people more on the peripheral of your life.
I have a friend like KB and your friend. Her and her SO had a child and she wore a wedding ring set well before they eventually got married.

Totally agree with all this. What's shocking to me is that she managed to not leave one trace of herself at the crime scene. No DNA. Not even trace DNA. Not captured on any camera or video surveillance at the condo. That's pretty good. But -- they sure messed up with all the phones. Idiots. Even more pathetic since they had burner phones. If KB's phone didn't ping the route back to Idaho, and PF didn't have calls to KK from his phone to track her number and identity down, I think they really would have gotten away with this.
Thank God these two dolts left those incriminating electronic bread crumbs! People lie, but technology does not. MOO

The tote. If PF brought it in AFTER he killed KB, he would've tracked blood outside, no? Maybe that's what he cleaned up with baby wipes. I do think he sneaked in while KB was at Safeway, to hide the bat. How and when he maneuvered the tote, I just don't know.

MOO

The tote. If PF brought it in AFTER he killed KB, he would've tracked blood outside, no? Maybe that's what he cleaned up with baby wipes. I do think he sneaked in while KB was at Safeway, to hide the bat. How and when he maneuvered the tote, I just don't know.

MOO
I think it's possible that the camera just didn't capture every motion. I have one of those motion detectors in my front yard. Although it's not a camera it's a motion sensing light. When I come home at night, it will sense my movement and the light pops on. Other times, it doesn't and I am left to walk in darkness even after taking the same pathway every time. So, I don't think that camera means that he never had the tote brought in. I do think he brought it in, but I think the camera did capture him with something covered in yellow. Tarp over the tote? In some of those 4:30 pics, he appears to have the baby in one arm while using the door to push the tote outside . His right leg even looks like it's up on something while he is leaning in to close the door. In any event, there is a void there. I agree, he brought that bat in before she got home.

I don't know if he would have tracked blood outside because I think he covered the tote. I see yellow between the fence. Unless my eyes are seeing something not there.

He obviously lives in his own bubble to think he could get away with this. This was just after CW was sentenced for annihilating his entire family, and it was all over the news, and not that far away. I would just thing it would give him pause. But it goes to show you how truly arrogant he was.

Last edited:
i remember that one day both PF and KK showed up "not feeling well" , i think they even delayed the trial, and in respect to what we later learned i'm now wondering if that day of illness might have been the day after PF learned of the notes from his jail buddy, and maybe KK had been told she was a target of PF? i just can't remember what day of the trial they were both sick was.

Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial

Finally done reading this, I didn’t know KKS mom lived in CO. Lots of details in that long article
I didn't know either until Patrick's hit list.

I guess she didn't sleep at Mamma's house those four visits she made to Colorado- 3 to attempt to kill Kelsey, and the clean up. Heck, even MaF didn't appear to let her take a well needed nap that day, she tried to sleep in the car.

And I’d buy that, had she not intended to plead the Fifth. There’s plausible deniability there:

“I didn’t know what was going on.”

That wouldn’t be a crime on her part though, and wouldn’t necessitate her invoking her right to remain silent.

So I think she’s more involved than merely witnessing something.

I think it’s important to note that it was SF’s attorney that told the court at preliminary that his client would assert her 5th Amendment right if required to testify before the Judge released her from her subpoena. SF had to be aware that she was legally in danger and could not use the 5th as an excuse to get out of the subpoena.

I don’t think SF will ever be charged because the inmate witness probably told the prosecutor that he simply took advantage of PF’s stupidity and arrogance to get out of jail and never made any promise to act on PF’s request to murder others. Inmate was a local and no hitman!

MOO

i remember that one day both PF and KK showed up "not feeling well" , i think they even delayed the trial, and in respect to what we later learned i'm now wondering if that day of illness might have been the day after PF learned of the notes from his jail buddy, and maybe KK had been told she was a target of PF? i just can't remember what day of the trial they were both sick was.
bbm

How sad. Ya just can't trust anybody these days...... :rolleyes:

The only way I think SF could face charges, is if they were able to connect her to that hit list plot.

If they were going to charge her in relation to Kelsey’s murder itself, I think that would have happened by now.

She intended to plead the Fifth for a reason, and I’m convinced that reason was some sort of illegal activity on her part. I think that involves her being an accessory after the fact.

It doesn’t look like that is ever going to happen.

I don't think it will happen. I think the general feeling will be that the taxpayers' dollars are better spent elsewhere. She's old, she's 'lost' her son and granddaughter - the very son and granddaughter she was trying to 'save' by pleading the 5th. She got stuck outside the courtroom during the trial. She's highly unlikely to be a criminal threat to anyone else. She didn't come out of this a winner.

Interesting that she was going to plead the 5th long before the jailhouse shenanigans began. I still can't think what she could have done personally that was criminal - I still think she would have pled the 5th to avoid incriminating PF. That's not legal, of course, but if they can't prove it (and they can't), she can get away with it

PF, by all accounts, was stone faced for most of his trial. But he lifted his head when KK mentioned her daughter on the stand.

I hope KK's ex husband is CONFIRMED as the father of her children.

Might explain PF's hold over her, if not.

MOO MOO MOO

I noticed that and wondered about it. I had noticed that when he threatened KK before, he specifically mentioned little girls going missing on the playground, not little kids. In fact, he was so pleased with the effectiveness of his threat that he bragged about it to JM.

Supposedly they had no contact with each other during the period when the girl was conceived, but this is one area where I wouldn't be surprised if KK lied, and in spite of everything else she has done, I wouldn't blame her on this. It serves no good purpose for that little girl to know her father is a murderer if in fact PF is her father.

I think it's possible that the camera just didn't capture every motion. I have one of those motion detectors in my front yard. Although it's not a camera it's a motion sensing light. When I come home at night, it will sense my movement and the light pops on. Other times, it doesn't and I am left to walk in darkness even after taking the same pathway every time. So, I don't think that camera means that he never had the tote brought in. I do think he brought it in, but I think the camera did capture him with something covered in yellow. Tarp over the tote? In some of those 4:30 pics, he appears to have the baby in one arm while using the door to push the tote outside . His right leg even looks like it's up on something while he is leaning in to close the door. In any event, there is a void there. I agree, he brought that bat in before she got home.

I don't know if he would have tracked blood outside because I think he covered the tote. I see yellow between the fence. Unless my eyes are seeing something not there.

He obviously lives in his own bubble to think he could get away with this. This was just after CW was sentenced for annihilating his entire family, and it was all over the news, and not that far away. I would just thing it would give him pause. But it goes to show you how truly arrogant he was.

We know that there's plenty the camera didn't catch and if it hadn't been for CB's persistence in getting LE involved, we wouldn't have any camera images. The images get written over/deleted regularly. The only ones that survived were retrieved from the homeowner's phone because she actually retrieved the alerts/images.

No outstanding camera footage does NOT mean there never was any footage or that no one was there - it just means the images were already written over/stored and the homeowner hadn't retrieved them.

CW had just been all over the news, but also in the news was a Colorado woman, a wife and grandmother, who had just disappeared from home without a trace, leaving keys, purse and phone behind. To this day, there has been no word on what happened to her. Her name is Terri Ackerman and she lives(d) in Lochbuie, a couple hours away from Florissant.

I don't think it will happen. I think the general feeling will be that the taxpayers' dollars are better spent elsewhere. She's old, she's 'lost' her son and granddaughter - the very son and granddaughter she was trying to 'save' by pleading the 5th. She got stuck outside the courtroom during the trial. She's highly unlikely to be a criminal threat to anyone else. She didn't come out of this a winner.

Interesting that she was going to plead the 5th long before the jailhouse shenanigans began. I still can't think what she could have done personally that was criminal - I still think she would have pled the 5th to avoid incriminating PF. That's not legal, of course, but if they can't prove it (and they can't), she can get away with it
bolding mine

Agreed.
I will always wonder how much SF knew and when.
Was SF one of those who could have saved Kelsey's life by speaking up and saying 'this is wrong' ?? :(

And I think that she and PF were headed out somewhere to hide baby K the day of the arrest.

Patrick Frazee's ex told how his mother watched as he burned Kelsey Berreth's body | Daily Mail Online
I think we already knew this. Horrible woman.
Of course she knew.
Was hoping for further charges.

KK had better watch her back as SF may want revenge for the witness testimony that 'ruined' her son !
Added the photo from the DM.
Not a happy woman.
Still haven't forgotten how she and PF's sister treated Kelsey.

View attachment 217711
Well, I see where PF gets that mean look from. Yikes! Imagine being raised by her. *shudders*

This was my very first post after videos were released. IMO, her attorney was not present during the first 5 minutes of this video in KB's condo.

At the very beginning of the condo video there is no sound, just people standing around waiting for the camera to be set up. Approximately a minute and a half of this. Then the sound comes on, the camera operator makes some adjustments and tells them to wait a few seconds to start. The LEO in the white longsleeved shirt then gives the date and time, says something like “we’re here with Krystal Lee”, etc and then he says “her attorney is here” and kind of motions off camera to his front left. Some versions of the video might cut that part out, but it would appear her attorney was there, just off camera.

PF and KK were both feeling sick on Thursday, Nov. 7, which was prior to the prosecution's knowledge of the notes. MOO

Sam Kraemer TV
November 7
FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 5 LUNCHTIME NOTES:
• It’s been a weird day in court. We were supposed to start at 8:45, so the court could handle a private matter. We didn’t actually begin until 10:30. When we did, Judge Scott Sells said the delay was due to Patrick Frazee feeling sick this morning. He said Krystal Kenney didn’t feel well either. The delay allowed them to give Frazee some medicine and begin the day.

Last edited:
Patrick Frazee's ex told how his mother watched as he burned Kelsey Berreth's body | Daily Mail Online
I think we already knew this. Horrible woman.
Of course she knew.
Was hoping for further charges.

KK had better watch her back as SF may want revenge for the witness testimony that 'ruined' her son !
Added the photo from the DM.
Not a happy woman.
Still haven't forgotten how she and PF's sister treated Kelsey.

View attachment 217711
This is definite proof that the apple did not fall from the tree in this family.

Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial

Finally done reading this, I didn’t know KKS mom lived in CO. Lots of details in that long article
Slagle said Frazee told him about a package at Berreth’s townhome, and around Dec. 2, he asked Slagle to pick it up for him. Slagle said Frazee told him that the Woodland Park Police Department had reached out to let him know about the package. The state published surveillance video that they said showed Slagle at Berreth’s home picking up the package and leaving. He said he noticed the surveillance camera when he got out of his truck but had also seen it on previous visits to her townhome.

I'm not good at copying/pasting, but the above paragraph jumped out at me. How many times had Slagle gone to KB's home? He said he saw the surveillance camera on previous visits to her home??????
That first paragraph is directly from Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial article.

I think it’s important to note that it was SF’s attorney that told the court at preliminary that his client would assert her 5th Amendment right if required to testify before the Judge released her from her subpoena. SF had to be aware that she was legally in danger and could not use the 5th as an excuse to get out of the subpoena.

I don’t think SF will ever be charged because the inmate witness probably told the prosecutor that he simply took advantage of PF’s stupidity and arrogance to get out of jail and never made any promise to act on PF’s request to murder others. Inmate was a local **** and no hitman!

MOO

That poses an interesting legal question, and IANAL, but maybe @gitana1 could help us out with this one.

I'm thinking that it might not matter whether or not Doe boy was actually intending to act on PF's solicitations as far as being able to charge to person(s) who solicited the hits. For example, a lot of times undercover cops pose as hit men and then arrest the people who solicited the murder-for-hire. The fact that they solicited an undercover cop who never intended to carry out any such murder doesn't make it less of a crime to solicit the hit.

So, I'm thinking if the DA's office connects the dots and finds that it wasn't a straight line from PF to Doe and there was an intermediary on the outside taking care of getting the $$ for Doe into his gf's hands so that she could post bond, that person could possibly be charged as a co-conspirator.

The notes alone are fairly incriminating of SF. PF basically names her without naming her as being a contact person for Doe to relay info to/from re: the names on the list.

PF solicited the murder of a LEO. He's already gotten the max sentence allowed in CO for KB's murder, so the only reason that LE and the DA would really have to signal that they intend to fully investigate the solicitations is b/c they strongly suspect there's likely 3rd party criminal involvement.

This may all just be wishful thinking, though.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members