Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sassy can be a good thing :)

mels, I hope at some point Kiaya's mom is comfortable coming forward and telling us about her daughter. One of the things I'm really hating about how all this is shaping up is that there are so many people speaking to the press, acting all upset, etc in the neighborhood that didn't know Kiaya or her family when she was alive. She deserves to be remembered as she was before he death.
I think after some time her mum will. I've hated seeing the same posts tbh. Kiaya was loved and adored by her family. So hopefully now an arrest has been made mum can step forward and speak on kiayas behalf

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Since the description of her body was 'gruesome/horrific'... I hate to think what was done to her. :(
Was she dismembered or mutilated ?
Hope the p***k who murdered her has a horrible rest of his life ; and anyone else involved in the crime and/or cover up. (If anyone covered for the killer)

To go from maybe being a troublesome teen (I'm assuming a teen did this) to murder -- is a big leap. Wonder if there are any other victims out there ?
MOO

Yeah, he didn't just start this deviant behavior on 6/7. It doesn't happen like that.

I noticed quite a bit of that is done as reimbursement, so they will need to pay first...which doesn't make sense to me.

Over the years in every crisis my family has had there were a lot of unexpected costs that really added up. I have no issue with a for something like this. People do not have to donate, if they don't see it that way.
Yep. Loss of work and wages, travel costs for other family members, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

What reason could he possibly give that would bring closure?

IMHO he killed her because he: raped her/saw him shoplift or steal something/smoke weed or drink and was going to tell or she was just 'aggravating' him. I will bet he has been bad news for a while, <modsnip>
IMO it wasn't sexually motivated but yes I believe he was disturbed

I think after some time her mum will. I've hated seeing the same posts tbh. Kiaya was loved and adored by her family. So hopefully now an arrest has been made mum can step forward and speak on kiayas behalf

Tell mom she owes the public nothing. We all know her pain is beyond comprehension and pray for her. Let her be.

I haven't been on since Dylan Redwine ... just read a 15 year old was arrested. Sorry I'm late to post. Poor girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if he played around with the occult. Jmo.

15-year-old arrested.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/11/thornton-police-arrest-15-year-old-kiaya-campbell-murder/

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/09/thornton-police-death-investigation/

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/10/kiaya-campbell-death-thornton-police/

a48c0d8ac0b1e94cb2317d3657248ffb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First degree murder at 15. What were you doing at 15? I was having fun with my friends. What an outrage.

Yeah, he didn't just start this deviant behavior on 6/7. It doesn't happen like that.

This reminds me so much of Jenise Wright and Madyson Middleton - in both cases teen boys assaulted and murdered little girls. And prior to that no one seemed to notice many red flags in their behavior although after their arrest we heard plenty about their "troubled past."

I dunno, I don't understand the pathology behind such acts but I strongly feel in all of these cases that the boys took advantage of what they saw as an "opportunity" to act upon something that had been on their minds for a while. IMO. What drives them to cross the line between fantasy and action is beyond me - all I know is that it's quite telling that they each chose to victimize a young, vulnerable child.

RIP Kiaya :tears:

Tell mom she owes the public nothing. We all know her pain is beyond comprehension and pray for her. Let her be.

I'm sorry if my previous post came off as something the family owes us. I don't think of it that way at all. I hope Kiaya can be remembered and celebrated for something other than her death.

Welp. We knew it. SMH. I have no words.

I'm curious as to how Kiaya and the father's girlfriend's son became separated during a thunderstorm.

http://kdvr.com/2017/06/08/10-year-old-girl-reported-missing-from-thornton/

"The dad told police his daughter and his girlfriend's 15-year-old son left home around 8 p.m. Wednesday."

"Police have been told the pair became separated as Wednesday night's rain and lightning moved into the area. It's unclear how the girl ended up in the open space off East 128th Avenue near Holly Street."

The above was a post I copied and saved but hesitated to post at the time because my suspicions might have suggested something horrific that I wasn't willing to post. Now that a 15 year old has been arrested, I am posting what I was concerned about days ago. Many of us thought the worst, and sadly it is most likely the case :(.

Sadly again we all called it straight away the story was just that a story, what drives a 15 year boy to kill his innocent 10 year old step sister to be he should've been protecting her/ looking out for her not bloody killing her.
Mad mad world we sadly live in...

This case reminds me of the Alyssa Bustamante murder case. AM's apparent motive was "just to see what it felt like" to murder someone. So sad. &#128577;

My God, what a pointless, horrible waste of lives. His life is over. Her life is gone. Their parents lives will never be whole again...all for what? :(

Welcome MO Shellshocker!

:welcome:

I'm not ready to hang anyone up to dry yet.

http://via.kdvr.com/0eP8E an arrest has been made

So much for trying to keep an open mind and play devil's advocate.

I'm thankful an arrest has been made, as we all are. We all knew this was likely coming...I see everyone's hinky meters are working well.

I too am reminded of Maddy and Jenise. Of course Jessica has never been far from my mind.

Foxfire used to talk about perps being active as young as 14. I'm not sure if there was a sexual component in this case or not.

It seems LE did a good job of investigating and collecting evidence pertinent to their arrest. Kudos to them.

To melsmemories, big hugs. It's unimaginable what Kiaya's mother and other family members, teachers, etc must be feeling. Hoping she can heal as best as possible. There is no true justice imo, as nothing will bring Kiaya back, but thankfully the one responsible can't hurt anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly