Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd Kohlhepp had oodles of therapy and progressed from rape as a juvenile to a serial killer.

Lock him up and throw away the key.

Exact same thoughts I had Gardenista. Some people you can't fix no matter how hard you try, they're just broken. TK is a fine example

As a 15 year old, is there a different charge because he is a child? I would hope that he is not tried as an adult. This just seems really messed up, and not something such that a 15 year old should never again see the light of day. Furthermore, at the age of 15, there should be adequate services to successfully change his behavior ... if not, modern psychology should be deemed nonsense.

Kiaya will never see the light of day. Lock him up so he can't ever kill another innocent little girl.

As a 15 year old, is there a different charge because he is a child? I would hope that he is not tried as an adult. This just seems really messed up, and not something such that a 15 year old should never again see the light of day. Furthermore, at the age of 15, there should be adequate services to successfully change his behavior ... if not, modern psychology should be deemed nonsense.

We will have to agree to disagree, I hope he is tried as an adult. The crime he committed is an adult crime and a crime only a seriously disturbed person of any age would even consider. The 10 year old he murdered will never again see the light of day. There are some things that just cannot be fixed. I would not want to take the chance he would repeat this crime if every freed; and past experience should tell us this type of crime is indeed repeated.

SABBM

Respectfully disagree.

My god if he could murder at 15 years old.. who is to say he won't do it again ?
Unbelievable behavior from this worthless punk.

He (imo) is most certainly NOT able to be rehabilitated.
This perp did not steal a candy bar from the store --- he killed a child !!

Kiaya was innocent. He is NOT.

If you are old enough to do the crime-- you can do the time !!!!!!

First degree shows planning and calculation ?
I'm wondering if Kiaya was lured to her doom ? As in "...Hey. Let's go to the store...."
:moo:

Sigh. And so it begins.

I'm almost as sad that the world we now live in made me expect this exact scenario from the first post as I am about Kiaya's death.

Because unfortunately the reason we dreaded this outcome from the get go is because this IS the world we live in now.

And now I feel more cynical, more hopeless for this world than before. Another bright precious light has been extinguished by the darkness and I sit here knowing that so many more bright precious lights will be lost to us forever as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't treat psychopathy, unfortunately. Some people are just wired wrong. Not saying that is the case with this boy, but at 15 and causing 'severe trauma and potential sexual assault' (as quoted in a link above), I hope he is charged as adult. 15 year olds know right from wrong and he is clearly a danger to people.

Psychology is founded on the assumption that it is possible to treat and modify abnormal behavior, and psychiatry on treating chemical imbalances in the brain that relate to abnormal behavior. If neither profession can successfully modify the behavior of a child, then both are a complete fail.

Psychology is founded on the assumption that it is possible to treat and modify abnormal behavior, and psychiatry on treating chemical imbalances in the brain that relate to abnormal behavior. If neither profession can successfully modify the behavior of a child, then both are a complete fail.

Psychopathy isn't a chemical imbalance, something like bipolarity or schizophrenia would fall under that umbrella, their brains are wired differently and can never be literally rewired to function as a 'normal' brain would. Unfortunately, there is no 'cure' for people like this, it is just how they are, a lot of the time compounded by both nature and nurture.

Todd Kohlhepp had oodles of therapy and progressed from rape as a juvenile to a serial killer.

Lock him up and throw away the key.

He had a lifetime of antisocial behavior starting in early childhood, so it's surprising that he was not institutionalized in a psychiatric ward. It looks like he was not treated successfully, and that professionals were unable to understand who he is or properly treat him. That would support the point that psychologists and psychiatrists are not providing the required service of identifying and treating abnormal behavior.

It doesn't really matter whether they can treat him or not, to me. Or whether there is even something he would be agreeable to 'treat' even if it was a possibility (psychopathy, along with BPD and narcissism are personality disorders so ingrained that they are thought of as generally incurable, in part, as the person with it would not perceive themselves as having a problem that needs treatment in the first place), as we know nothing of his history or motive. It matters that he did it and should be punished for stealing the life of a child

We will have to agree to disagree, I hope he is tried as an adult. The crime he committed is an adult crime and a crime only a seriously disturbed person of any age would even consider. The 10 year old he murdered will never again see the light of day. There are some things that just cannot be fixed. I would not want to take the chance he would repeat this crime if every freed; and past experience should tell us this type of crime is indeed repeated.

A child cannot vote because of the limited ability to make an informed choice. There are significant differences between a child and an adult. We don't know how or why the ten year was murdered, but can be sure that it was child-type reasoning rather than adult reasoning.

Sigh. And so it begins.

I'm almost as sad that the world we now live in made me expect this exact scenario from the first post as I am about Kiaya's death.

Because unfortunately the reason we dreaded this outcome from the get go is because this IS the world we live in now.

And now I feel more cynical, more hopeless for this world than before. Another bright precious light has been extinguished by the darkness and I sit here knowing that so many more bright precious lights will be lost to us forever as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right there with ya Limecat. :/

SABBM

Respectfully disagree.

My god if he could murder at 15 years old.. who is to say he won't do it again ?
Unbelievable behavior from this worthless punk.

He (imo) is most certainly NOT able to be rehabilitated.
This perp did not steal a candy bar from the store --- he killed a child !!

Kiaya was innocent. He is NOT.

If you are old enough to do the crime-- you can do the time !!!!!!

First degree shows planning and calculation ?
I'm wondering if Kiaya was lured to her doom ? As in "...Hey. Let's go to the store...."

Psychology and Psychiatry fields specifically claim the ability to modify behavior. Proper treatment by qualified professionals should result in behavior modification.

It doesn't really matter whether they can treat him or not, to me. Or whether there is even something he would be agreeable to 'treat' even if it was a possibility psychopathy, along with BPD and narcissism are personality disorders so ingrained that they are thought of as generally incurable, in part, as the person with it would not perceive themselves as having a problem that needs treatment in the first place), as we know nothing of his history or motive. It matters that he did it and should be punished for stealing the life of a child

I'm thinking that the one child who killed the other child needs rehabilitation more than punishment. In my opinion, he's wired wrong, and punishment isn't going to make any difference.

I'm thinking that the one child who killed the other child needs rehabilitation more than punishment. In my opinion, he's wired wrong, and punishment isn't going to make any difference.

The 'difference' is less potential victims [and their families] being left alive...

Are you willing to allow your child to be in constant contact with this person once the docs say his "rehabilitation" is complete?

checking in and discovering upon quick scan of last few posts that the 15-year old is responsible?

checking in and discovering upon quick scan of last few posts that the 15-year old is responsible?

"A" 15 year old is repsnsible. They will not say if it's the GF's son since the 15 year old is a minor. I think we know who the 15 year old is. :)

I'm sure they noticed earlier but probably spent some time searching for her themselves first JMO

Who actually reported her missing? I read in the thread it was her "sister" at midnight. Does she have a sister? I've not seen that officially confirmed. And who doesn't notice a 10 year old missing until midnight?

Psychology and Psychiatry fields specifically claim the ability to modify behavior. Proper treatment by qualified professionals should result in behavior modification.
SABBM

You are more optimistic than I am ! :)
There are probably cases in history where a juvenile offender was treated " successfully " ; only for the treatment to backfire due to the subject being allowed to roam freely, meds not being monitored, etc.

I am more pessimistic about a child murderer --- will they be able to live a free, normal life amongst the rest of us ? There's no clear answer.

Also fearful for anyone this 15 year old encounters later in life. What if he has a girlfriend, and they procreate.... and their children make him angry ? Will he kill them, too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member