CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFLMAO You DO have a point there. Initially I felt sorry for her because I hadn't heard enough about the case to make a judgement of his guilt (before Laci's body was found) I attempted to put myself in her shoes and wonder what I would do if it were my son who was only 20 at the time and unmarried. Although I was suspicious of his story initially I could understand how she attempted to defend him because I would too with no real proof he was guilty. But as it stacked up and stacked up I thought man, this woman is past the denial stage and getting close to delusional.

I don't feel that empathy in this case though. The man put his children in an oil tank! He is as guilty as they come in my opinion. So that his parents are choosing to remain silent hey, go for it but imo it speaks to me about relationships within the family and what SW may have been putting up with over the years.
I am not sure that his family are remaining silent albeit anonymously.

I don't know if I could defend my child in this circumstance. I love them with all my being, but if they dumped my grandchildren? I'm thinking maybe they are so overcome with grief, maybe embarrassed ashamed that they have nothing to say. IMO i would be mortified in this situation.

Oooh. Then I hope I’m wrong about him disposing of all three at the same time, because if he took the girls out first there would likely be evidence supporting that. Which would show that Shanann couldn’t have killed the kids.

I hope they do too. I don't believe the ridiculous accusation against SW which to me is down right abusive, but it appears some people here think SW is a killer. I would love for the prosecution to have absolute proof that the kids were already dead and the murdering freak was responsible for it.

I really feel sorry for SW's family because I think this team is going to do some major victim bashing with SW because they already cast the iron with his confession. He has to live with the BS that he confessed to therefore his lawyer is also stuck with it as well. The only way for him to go is to come from SW. I strongly believe if this is how it goes down that it will not only be a failure, I think come sentencing time the jury will let them know this with their verdict.

Probably because it is so in your face disrespectful to place the daughter's this guy claims to love so dearly that he "flipped" and strangled their mother for strangling the daughter's. He discarded those little girls like they were yesterdays garbage. That tells you all you need to know about what he thought of his own flesh and blood. Disgusting. Animals treat their young better.

The oil tank is shocking because it is just so dirty and gross. We all have seen what oil spills do to little animals and so the idea of a little child’s body coated in disgusting filthy oil is so upsetting.

He did that to them. And yet a mother orca carried around her dead calf for 17 days, to the point of sacrificing her own ability to hunt, because she wasn’t ready to let her baby go. Yes. Animals are better.

The oil tank is shocking because it is just so dirty and gross. We all have seen what oil spills do to little animals and so the idea of a little child’s body coated in disgusting filthy oil is so upsetting.

He did that to them. And yet a mother orca carried around her dead calf for 17 days, to the point of sacrificing her own ability to hunt, because she wasn’t ready to let her baby go. Yes. Animals are better.

I was thinking about this too last night, the wildlife that get soaked in oil...talk about an episode of “Forensic Files”...removing the oil from the children to extract/preserve potential evidence...we’ve seen all kinds of techniques, spectrometry, in various types of evidence identification/assessment, etc...well with the oil soaked wildlife they use plain old Dawn, right? I also remember from the BP Oil Spill there are dispersants, etc...

Last edited:
I just wanted to add something here. I attended a bday party today. I mentioned this case while I explained why I was up at 2am tossing turning,anyway i got about 3 words out about guy killing his family, and my brother buts in with ",yeah the guy from Colorado who put his daughters in oil tanks." Shocked, shocked i tell you that he knew about this, no one else in the room did. But his emphasis was on where the girls were placed. He was thoughroly disgusted with this fact. I'm curious when I talk to him in a few days why this bothered him so much. He is newly married, no kids yet so the parent experience doesn't come into play here.
The reason I mention my brother's reply it seems to me during a trial this would be something that stands out to jurors. I'm talking about someone who randomly heard about this and doesn't follow true crime etc... That this is what stood out to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hashtagzeina