CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He must have realized that the bodies would be found soon, and telling LE where to find them, was the only way to sell his ridiculous tale of Shannan's involvement. Skelton was sentenced on "unlawful imprisonment" charges. Hopefully they can nail him on triple murder, before long.

If CW hadn't admitted to anything at all, I'm not sure any of the bodies would have been found. He could have told LE that they had the emotional discussion about separation prior to her going to AZ, that he was asleep when she got home and when he woke up, SW was gone and so were the girls. He had several weeks to plan but his final story is rather discombobulated.

He’s not getting a penny, regardless. But that coverage would still have been in effect through the date of the murders, as he was fired when he was arrested.
Agree. He won't collect but someone very likely will collect the death benefit, assuming CW had continued payroll deductions for this coverage, and it sounds like he did. I can't make an assumption on who will collect, however.

SW was buried in a shallow grave, and Mindhunter13 posted his theory that perhaps CW intended for her body to eventually be discovered and I'm leaning in this direction as well. He may have thought he might be able to collect the death benefit on SW. That is, unless he had plans to go back Monday night and hide SW's body better, but couldn't because LE became involved sooner than he intended.

JMO, I don't think he ever intended for the bodies of the little girls to be found and hoped they would forever be considered missing persons.

JMO

If CW hadn't admitted to anything at all, I'm not sure any of the bodies would have been found. He could have told LE that they had the emotional discussion about separation prior to her going to AZ, that he was asleep when she got home and when he woke up, SW was gone and so were the girls. He had several weeks to plan but his final story is rather discombobulated.
For me, understanding if he believed that the bodies would remain undiscovered, comes down to how the oil tanks work. Are they inspected, drained, cleaned, etc? Did he plan to move them at some point? There’s just too many unanswered questions to determine his end game.

My understanding is that they don't have to believe him. They have to mount a vigorous defense regardless of their personal beliefs.
Right now, they're probably focusing on how to save his life.
Yes. I has been held against a well known woman that she defended a child rapist, but that is not their personal feelings. If you are contracted to a defence ,you are obliged to defend that person. Whether you think him/her guilty or not.

I reviewed the video of the tank pad where CW placed his girls in the oil tanks. The steps going up and over the berm have 5 steps up and 5 steps down. There are 27 steps from the ground to the top of the tank platform. Considering that each girl weighed 30+ pounds (think 3 bags of potatoes! sorry), that would have been strenuous and sweaty. And, digging a grave would also be strenuous and sweaty.

Wondering if an oil field operator would carry a shovel in his truck as standard equipment.

Now I wonder if he took a change of clothes?
The People Magazine article stated that LE had clothes evidence from both his home and the oil field.

haven't seen it discussed but has anyone heard about the guy who came forward saying he had an affair with cw ?

For me, understanding if he believed that the bodies would remain undiscovered, comes down to how the oil tanks work. Are they inspected, drained, cleaned, etc? Did he plan to move them at some point? There’s just too many unanswered questions to determine his end game.

Good points. I have no clue how the oil tanks work, but as for him moving the girls from the oil tanks to another place, I don't know how that would even be possible to do by himself. As for SW, I think there might be a possibility he "may" have intended to move her body later, but maybe not.

IMO, whatever his plan was, it was not a good one in that he put their bodies in a place that had a direct connection to him. It is about as brilliant of a plan as that of Scott Peterson whose alibi was the same place where the bodies of his wife and unborn child washed up a few months later.

JMO.

haven't seen it discussed but has anyone heard about the guy who came forward saying he had an affair with cw ?
It has been discussed. HLN had an exclusive interview with this guy, and his story did appear to be credible. No other outlets have been able to corroborate the veracity of this guy’s claims but People Magazine said “his account of an alleged relationship with Chris Watts does contain details about Chris’ life that are not readily available online and in public documents. Identifying information about Chris’ truck and his home matches PEOPLE’s reporting.”

I read somewhere that he had policies through Anadarko as part of his benefits but he had to pay the premiums for them. Now I wonder how that works since he was fired.
If CW is convicted, he would not be able to collect as there are laws against criminals being able to profit from their crimes. Most likely, SW's estate would receive the benefit.

Good points. I have no clue how the oil tanks work, but as for him moving the girls from the oil tanks to another place, I don't know how that would even be possible to do by himself. As for SW, I think there might be a possibility he "may" have intended to move her body later, but maybe not.

IMO, whatever his plan was, it was not a good one in that he put their bodies in a place that had a direct connection to him. It is about as brilliant of a plan as that of Scott Peterson whose alibi was the same place where the bodies of his wife and unborn child washed up a few months later.

JMO.
True. Atleast Peterson had a reasonable expectation that those bodies would never be discovered. This guy’s plan was worse.

I really respect and appreciate Shanann’s positive messages and words in her video. Just about life, and strength, and confidence, and moving forward during hard times, health issues, pursuing/achieving your goals and dreams, being with the ones you love, and having gratitude, being the best you can be, working hard...(paraphrasing).

I’m really hoping for a transcription of her video to pop up. If not, it’s on my to do list if I can ever get around to it!

ETA: it’s so just so crazy and ironic, he killed all of them...her talking about everything happening for a reason, and Chris...

One thing for sure, she loved those girls and was No Emily Glass.

As for premeditation vs snapped, I’m still thinking a lot about both of these, and see arguments of both side.

PS: it makes me feel connected to Shannan in an odd way that we both were seeing the same hot air balloons on the weekends at the same times.

It is very apparent to me that her family was her life and what she really, really cared about.

It saddens my heart that Shanann went through whatever horror of her last moments were. Unspeakable. Your kids dead, killed y their father, then the man you love, the father of your children, strangling you and your baby to death..

Fry monster FRY CW!!!!

ETA: As I mentioned before, IMO, one has to have some wires loose to be able to do something like this, whether it’s snapping or premeditation. So does that one make one insane? I mean really...you’d have to be insane to do something like this, right??? How could you not be?! I’m asking seriously, help me out here please. Furthermore, I think most of these nutjobs on WS are insane...shooters, etc...you have to be! Normal people don’t do many of the things these awful people do!!! End rant.

Last edited:
“One thing I read in my new issue of People magazine this evening struck me: "Text messages and search histories were not deleted."

It also said, “We don’t think this was a situation where someone just snapped...The theory that she did it doesn’t hold any water. There is absolutely no evidence that she killed her children.”

"Text messages and search histories were not deleted" isn't that much to go on. He could have selectively deleted texts and browser history rather than a mass deletion.

I also wouldn't read much into it because he had time after the murders and didn't delete everything, even though he probably was concerned they would learn of his affairs. Although if her learning of the affairs were going to be his explanation for her leaving him, maybe that's why he didn't.

If CW is convicted, he would not be able to collect as there are laws against criminals being able to profit from their crimes. Most likely, SW's estate would receive the benefit.
I hope that turns out to be what happens.

"Text messages and search histories were not deleted" isn't that much to go on. He could have selectively deleted texts and browser history rather than a mass deletion.

I also wouldn't read much into it because he had time after the murders and didn't delete everything, even though he probably was concerned they would learn of his affairs. Although if her learning of the affairs were going to be his explanation for her leaving him, maybe that's why he didn't.
I’m thinking maybe he fell in “love” with the AP. Maybe he has texts from her/him saying, “We have to end it, you’re married,” and from him to her/him saying, “Hang on! I’m going to take care of it.”

I’m thinking maybe he fell in “love” with the AP. Maybe he has texts from her/him saying, “We have to end it, you’re married,” and from him to her/him saying, “Hang on! I’m going to take care of it.”
Well it certainly wouldn’t be the first time that scenario has played out.

I've considered that as well. It might also be that SW discovered his secret life very recently, or that he was in love with being free to engage in the lifestyle he may have enjoyed when SW and the girls were in NC. I've also considered that he may have been engaging with more than one person when SW and the girls were murdered.

According to AB, there were many affairs, both male and female, and it’s all going to come out. We shall see.

It has been discussed. HLN had an exclusive interview with this guy, and his story did appear to be credible. No other outlets have been able to corroborate the veracity of this guy’s claims but People Magazine said “his account of an alleged relationship with Chris Watts does contain details about Chris’ life that are not readily available online and in public documents. Identifying information about Chris’ truck and his home matches PEOPLE’s reporting.”

'many' oh boy .. this guy had 0 respect for his family while they were alive .. as more comes out the more it'll make perfect sense that he would do this .. thanks for the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy