CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about this, too. All I can come up with is he was so miserable, so tired of pretending, and he hated her so much he thought he’d be better off if they were all dead. He took no responsibility for his part in the life they created together, he blamed her for everything he hated.
BBM, So he enters another phase of pretending. Pretending that all his problems will be over if he kills them all and pretends that they have just disappeared.
His whole life was pretence and it was not going to stop with his biggest pretence.

I see, thanks.

People has been around for a long time...maybe they do have “a source”..idk...
Right. I didn’t mean to imply People was not a reliable MSM source. I meant to say that many MSM outlets that used to name sources no longer do. We can’t assume bc a source is unnamed that what’s being said is false. But there are also shady outlets like NE that use unnamed sources as a way to make things up.
Hope that makes sense. My fingers work a lot faster than my brain. ;)

BBM, So he enters another phase of pretending. Pretending that all his problems will be over if he kills them all and pretends that they have just disappeared.
His whole life was pretence and it was not going to stop with his biggest pretence.
Could he be so disassociated from emotional ties that he could live with himself after he did this?

I just have to wonder why the Frederick Police, or any other LE for that matter, is talking to People Magazine off the record?
Because they worked this horrific case and want to make sure the public hates CW. (It has worked, btw.) People wants to sensationalize it because that sells more copies and web hits=$$$$.

Could he be so disassociated from emotional ties that he could live with himself after he did this?

I’m not 100% convinced he won’t attempt suicide at some point. IDK
I’ve watched psychological analysis of his TV interviews & it’s been suggested that his body language did convey remorse when speaking of the children. Otherwise he seemed almost joyful. I’ll try to find a link.

Because they worked this horrific case and want to make sure the public hates CW. (It has worked, btw.) People wants to sensationalize it because that sells more copies and web hits=$$$$.

I noticed a post up thread/last thread? where it was speculated that the leaks would work in the interest's of the State. eg.. the link about CW being " in mourning."

That definitely and understandably did rile a lot of people - I saw the reactions across 3 SM platforms, incl WS, so I can see that sort of thing working to the State's advantage

I think SW has many friends who would box up the stuff. The problem is that I think CW controls the house, doesn't he?
He may want to sell it and the furniture. In that case, he would allow it to be cleared out but probably he'd want the stuff sent to storage under his control.
I imagine being arrested and charged with her murder and girls - his right to control would be removed. They could probably take everything, honestly. IMO

The problem with interviewing Family Annihilators, to make any sort of substantive diagnosis, and really understand their psyche, is that they are all liars. They would say anything that makes them the "victim".

Try to figure out CW's relationship with his Mother, would be a hopeless task, because he would manipulate to make any evaluation favorable to him.

IIRC early MSM links stated that he was not meant to be at CERVI 319 on that day, but it would be very hard to find them now.
I saw a timeline on AB. She said he left the location where he disposed of the bodies and arrived at work at 7:30am. She doesn’t say how she knows this or where the worksite was. This is all I’ve heard about it. CNN.com - Transcripts

‘Everyone Liked Him’: Did Colorado Dad Chris Watts Lead a Double Life?
Someone asked earlier about them qualifying for a house purchase and their income.

According to his former employer, CW was hired to work at a Ford dealership before they moved to Colorado in 2012.
Shannan was hired by the same dealership to work in their internet department.
At the time of their house purchase, he was supposedly making $141K IIRC which would be pretty high even if he was ASE and Ford factory certified IMHO.
As someone else pointed out, SW may have not been on the original FHA application due to income levels.

I keep thinking about this, too. All I can come up with is he was so miserable, so tired of pretending, and he hated her so much he thought he’d be better off if they were all dead. He took no responsibility for his part in the life they created together, he blamed her for everything he hated.

I looked at some of the videos. They did fun trips. He had two cute girls and a baby to come.

I think he is totally only about him. No restraints on his time or desires is what he wanted. His terms only

I imagine being arrested and charged with her murder and girls - his right to control would be removed. They could probably take everything, honestly. IMO
I knew a girl whose stepfather murdered her mother. She still lived in the house where it happened and her stepfather was making all kinds of demands for 'his half' of the assets to be put in storage (furniture and books).
I felt compelled to remind her this was not a divorce settlement and that he gave up any rights when he bashed her mother's face in with a hammer.

This from People Magazine, “This does not seem like a crime of passion, the source says. We have evidence that shows he was thinking about this for some time. That’s why he’s charged like this.”
That's pure sensationalism which is what People does. I'll believe it when I see it in the Denver Post.

While what you say may be true, I heard the DA say that they were not going to discuss the investigation with the public. If someone in LE felt the need to leak to the press, I call it conduct unbecoming to a police officer. Maybe it’s just me, but how do we know if it’s true?

I was asking about speculation, no rumors. :)

I was just wondering if the rendezvous was at the AP’s residence, a hotel:motel, the Watts’ home...ewwww, maybe out in the oil fields like where he dumped them all.

Also, sorry if I’ve missed this or forgotten the answer-do we know if there was a Life Insurance Policy on SW and the girls?
He cannot get life insurance without bodies. They have to be declared dead.

I wonder if he wanted SW found or did he run out of time?

Digging is hard work, though. What kind of soil is there? It looks sandy

Woodward and Bernstein used many unnamed sources to get to the truth in Watergate, and they were right. There have always been anonymous sources in journalism. Informants with direct knowledge of a situation for one reason or another don’t feel able to tell what they know on the record. I’ve always thought People Magazine had more credibility than many others, but maybe I’m wrong. I can’t say for sure. The article does makes sense to me, and the information contained doesn’t contradict anything I knew before I read it.
Anonymous sources are not always necessarily true by default. Just sayin’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB