CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
I'm wondering if shame was a big factor in his disordered mind. CW can't handle other's being disappointed in him. Otherwise, I haven't a clue, there must have been red flags earlier though, imo.
Snipped by me

Bingo. I think this is it.

He was facing the shame of yet another financial disaster (not their first) plus his infidelities. The upcoming meeting with HOA about finances makes me think they missed payments not only to HOA but to the bank too (speculation), a home which is featured in the livestreams for the business. That would not only be an embarrassment from family and friends, but from their "public" and clients, etc.

Walking out on a pregnant wife while having affair(s) and in the midst of financial problems looks terrible! Duh. Lots of shame was about to happen.

But if his wife "disappeared with the kids" he would have an excuse for his life falling apart and could blame her for not sticking around to help.

Their problems were not insurmountable, but he reacted as if they were - and I think that reaction was likely due to shame (more than narcissism).

My opinion at the moment.

I don't think he even knew the sheet was visible. I think he assumed it went into the grave and it was only when LE told him that he realized it

IMO he would know it didn’t go into the grave. He had to look down & shovel dirt over her repeatedly until she was covered.
I had originally wondered if he’d left the sheet as a marker so he could come back & find her to move her to a tank later, when he had more time/resources. But now I’m thinking he used the sheet to move her then threw it into the back of his truck in haste, and it blew out of the truck bed as he drove away (or something like that). Then when he went to wash the sheets & make up the bed, he realized.

Last edited:
So do you think that he mistakenly left the fitted sheet he’d used to move SW’s body at the work site, and did not realize it until he returned home to wash the sheets & make the bed?
He then panicked & decided to throw out the matching top sheet & pillowcases so the fitted sheet wouldn’t be able to be matched with anything in the home?
But then why would he miss getting that trash out on Tuesday?
He no longer had a wife to remind him to put the trash out?

The bedding makes no sense. When I am changing sheets I throw everything on the floor . So having a stripped bed would not be that unusual per se.

But throwing the sheets and pillowcase in the garbage? Is there a scenario that anyone can think of that he could use to implicate SW?

He had an original plan I am sure that was totally upset by the late plane and NU .

Why not wash the sheets and remake the bed? Of course, a bottom sheet is missing .

I doubt if SW is like me. I bought sheets from a high end store when they went on clearance. I would buy each piece separately . Usually there was no set so they only matched in color. I imagine SW’s sheets were totally matched and a missing one would stand out.

So what’s up with linens in the trash?

My theory (JMO): CW mistakenly left the fitted sheet he’d used to move SW’s body at the work site, and did not realize it until he returned home to wash the sheets & make the bed.
He then panicked & decided to throw out the matching top sheet & pillowcases so the fitted sheet wouldn’t be able to be matched with anything in the home.
But then why would he miss getting that trash out on Tuesday? Guessing he mistakenly thought the cops wouldn’t come back inside the house but might search garbage by the curb. Perhaps he planned to dump the kitchen garbage elsewhere.

Everytime I see the photo/post of the doll and twister mat I get this sick feeling...Maybe it’s possible Chris was using the doll to see if the mat would adequately suffice as a weapon (material would quickly seal airway and muffle sound, mat would be large enough to constrain and limit the ability to fight and conceal their faces) as well as “practice” to see if he were capable of actually committing the horrific acts he may have “fantasized” about and then sent the photo to SW as a threat that he had a “plan” in place and to show off how he might execute it...wondering if LE gathered the mat for evidence..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...hanann-pregnant-photo-days-before-murder/amp/

I wonder if his self-worth or identity took a hit when he went from working as a mechanic at the dealership to the oilfield?

If he did automotive in high school, and then went to auto tech school, and wanted to work for NASCAR---I would think that being a mechanic at a Ford dealership would be a good fit for him.

Did he get laid off from the dealership? Fired? He and SW both worked at the same dealership---did they both change jobs at the same time?

No problem! Most people that have not seen that review by Gitana or the presser the had that did they explained the reasoning, do not know that. It has happened a a lot on this thread, at least 8 times and all of us are willing to get you up-to-date as to why!

Now, the next time that somebody that has not seen the explanation that is new to the board, or has missed due to fast moving threads, you can help them too!

Remember when the info was released? Lots of us freaked out and jumped to the wrong conclusion. I jumped way high but had plenty of company.

Which would mean you would have to remove the pillowcase first to do that.

I believe that act, in itself, is enough to qualify as Premeditation.
Fascinating. To break it down, with quotes from the above in green:

The profile of a family annihilator is a middle-aged man, Check!

a good provider Check!

who would appear to neighbours to be a dedicated husband and a devoted father Check!

He quite often tends to be quite isolated Check!

He is often profoundly dedicated to his family Check!

but has few friends of his own or a support system out with the family. Check! In spades.

He will have suffered some prolonged frustration and feelings of inadequacy Unable to determine.

but then suffers some catastrophic loss Unknown

It is usually financial or the loss of a relationship Could this be the bankruptcy or something indicated by the HOA lawsuit? Or the possibility of separation and divorce?

He doesn't hate his children Check, from what we can tell

but he often hates his wife and blames her for his miserable life Unable to determine as any analysis into this area would be considered victim blaming and against TOS. ***But see note below.

He feels an overwhelming sense of his own powerlessness He did seem quite powerless in the relationship, but this observation should be be takes as a criticism of SW.

He wants to execute revenge Revenge for what? We don't know.

and the motive is almost always to "get even" "Get even" for what? We're not going to go there because it would be victim blaming.

*** This is what I was trying to examine in earlier threads----why did he hate her, and what was he blaming her for. But again, we can't be perceived to be blaming the victim when we discuss this, even though CW did.

He could be blaming SW because he wants to be free to do whatever he wants. He is going to have three kids to watch while she is off gallivanting around and making videos and being on her phone. That leaves him with working and babysitting.

Probably a lot less time for his extracurricular activities.

He’s buff. He’s ready for fun and action but he has an anchor and a chain.

Who knows if he was serious about his latest conquest. I am sure it was fun, exciting. No customers interrupting. No kids wanting his attention.

As others have said, divorce would be too expensive and having three kids to have to desl with. No thanks. Time for fun!

Snipped by me

Bingo. I think this is it.

He was facing the shame of yet another financial disaster (not their first) plus his infidelities. The upcoming meeting with HOA about finances makes me think they missed payments not only to HOA but to the bank too (speculation), a home which is featured in the livestreams for the business. That would not only be an embarrassment from family and friends, but from their "public" and clients, etc.

Walking out on a pregnant wife while having affair(s) and in the midst of financial problems looks terrible! Duh. Lots of shame was about to happen.

But if his wife "disappeared with the kids" he would have an excuse for his life falling apart and could blame her for not sticking around to help.

Their problems were not insurmountable, but he reacted as if they were - and I think that reaction was likely due to shame (more than narcissism).

My opinion at the moment.
Yes. If you can't have your Norman Rockwell picture postcard life, then just "erase" it all and have do-over.

IIRC, he was alerted that the friend was at the door and he contacted her to say, "What's up?"

Which is weird. If everything were okay, why would he call his wife's friend who stopped by? You'd assume your wife would do the communicating with her friend. The friend knew something was up, and CW's actions confirmed it.

So, perhaps he hopped in his truck and was already on the way home before he even called the friend. IDK, but I do think he was on his way home well before LE talked to him about the garage code.

jmopinion

That's why I'm so interested in the timeline. I believe that they possibly talked through the doorbell and he said what's up? And then later she called him? I don't know what type of doorbell they have. Was he watching her the whole time and knew she did not leave? She called him after they spoke on the doorbell? I really would like to know the answer to that. I have a feeling that she went to the doorbell and he said what's up, and then after that she walked around the house and did the searches with her son and he could see that on his doorbell and he was like a bat out of heck to get home? He could see everything that was going on, and he left to go home when he on his doorbell camera could see that she was still there after he gave her the line that she was with a friend.

Does that work with the time frame for everyone?

That would explain everything I think. That their doorbell conversation happened, and that the phone call later happened after she had gone around the house after talking to him on the doorbell camera. And he saw through the doorbell camera that she was still there and snooping around the house and therefore it was 5 minutes away after one hour or more of her being there. I really want to nail down this timeline.

Everytime I see the photo/post of the doll and twister mat I get this sick feeling...Maybe it’s possible Chris was using the doll to see if the mat would adequately suffice as a weapon (material would quickly seal airway and muffle sound, mat would be large enough to constrain and limit the ability to fight and conceal their faces) as well as “practice” to see if he were capable of actually committing the horrific acts he may have “fantasized” about and then sent the photo to SW as a threat that he had a “plan” in place and to show off how he might execute it...wondering if LE gathered the mat for evidence..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...hanann-pregnant-photo-days-before-murder/amp/
Yes lil girls this is the way daddy plays...let's tuck in bed, cover up with the sheet and play after the birthday party. That way daddy doesnt have to see your face when he strangles you...cuz we wouldn't want daddy to feel bad. Then after wards he can go grill his dinner out on the deck with no ugly images in his head and wait for mommy to come home.

THAT is a monster and imho, that is what he did.

IMO he would know it didn’t go into the grave. He had to look down & shovel dirt over her repeatedly until she was covered.
I had originally wondered if he’d left the sheet as a marker so he could come back & find her to move her to a tank later, when he had more time/resources. But now I’m thinking he used the sheet to move her then threw it into the back of his truck in haste, and it blew out of the truck bed as he drive away (or something like that). Then when he went to wash the sheets & make up the bed, he realized.

Wow. That does make sense. Or he thought he put it into the truck but really didn’t. His mind must have been racing a million miles a minute.

I had originally wondered if he’d left the sheet as a marker so he could come back & find her to move her to a tank later, when he had more time/resources. But now I’m thinking he used the sheet to move her then threw it into the back of his truck in haste, and it blew out of the truck bed as he drive away (or something like that). Then when he went to wash the sheets & make up the bed, he realized.
Bingo!

So do you think that he mistakenly left the fitted sheet he’d used to move SW’s body at the work site, and did not realize it until he returned home to wash the sheets & make the bed?
He then panicked & decided to throw out the matching top sheet & pillowcases so the fitted sheet wouldn’t be able to be matched with anything in the home?
But then why would he miss getting that trash out on Tuesday?

To answer your last question about the trash, because he is seen on SVU Law & Order because it was his wife's favorite show, that once he puts it out on the curb, it is public property in the police can take it. I think he knew he was being watched. That is why all the lights were on Monday night, and also remember he said Tuesday night with his friends.

Imho

Old WS'er but haven't posted since Casey Anthony. I've been watching for these to come up but so far nothing, so thought I'd pipe in. I hope you all can answer these or at least explore/discuss.
The biggest question is how many baby monitors did they have? Recently AB said the girls had separate bedrooms. CW says he saw SW on the baby monitor doing that horrible thing and he was able to see both girls. If only one monitor, why were the girls together at 2am instead of their own beds.
Another question... CW was fired from his company the same day he was arrested. Why? A company cannot fire someone just for having been arrested, can they? (Innocent until proven guilty). Anyone in HR to answer that? Do they have evidence against CW by way of gps or cameras? And why did CW's company pay for the funeral? That seems odd.
TIA

I think it depends on whether you pay for monthly cloud storage. We do not. But as my cloud working husband says- it should be up there somewhere.

Two reporters in our city left home in suburbia to drive 22 miles to their office and found their drive was about 90% visible to cameras on highways, neighborhoods, businesses, schools,etc.

I’m sure CW/SW neighbors and surrounding areas had cameras. It’ll be tedious work. I’m sure it’s been underway since the beginning.

I would assume, 99.99%, that the server captures everything and saves it, but only releases it to the people that pay for it. I would think that law enforcement is on top of that. And I have never seen a case that has utilized stuff like that, but perhaps somebody else has here?

Remember when the info was released? Lots of us freaked out and jumped to the wrong conclusion. I jumped way high but had plenty of company.

Absolutely! It was such a visceral reaction and I want to be able to help others get over that that are newbies or did not know that. I'm sure that will happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7