CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether on time or delayed, I leave my suitcase inside by the door (to unpack later or next day) and go have a shower. Delayed flight, pregnant and not feeling well, she may have done the same thing. I dont buy his story, that there was a conversation. CW possibly waited for her to fall asleep. Then wrapped her in the fitted sheet having tossed the covers on the floor. After which threw those in the trash so the entire set would be gone. jmo
There's also a possibility that SW was so angry when she arrived home, that she started to get ready to leave CW that night. She might have started packing the car up nd that's why her her keys were in the car. Her suitcase was at the bottom of the stairs still packed from the AZ trip.

Knowing that she had the doctor's appt later that morning, she may have decided just to grab the girls, their medications (epi-pen, etc), something for
killed the girls then her or vice versa.them to wear, and drive over to Nikole's house.

After the dr's appt, she would come home and probably
pack a suitcase for Chris, call him at work and tell him
he had to go to a hotel or friend's house. He was being kicked out of the house and his suitcase would be waiting for him to pick up after work.

But... as she was getting ready to flee the house early Sunday morning, Chris killed the girls then SW or SW first then the girls.

SW had already made the decision to leave him because her family new during her trip. It may be that someone tipped off SW via text or phone call while she was enroute home as to what CW had been up to while she was away. That person could have been the babysitter, mistress, other sex partner, friend or anonymous caller.

Speaking of the Cervi tanks, it was must be really unsettling for the ranch owner, his family, ranch hands and Anadarko employees to have to be constantly reminded of the murders. Has Anadarko shut down the tanks? Will they be shut down permanently and removed?
I'm afraid providing more details would be considered sleuthing the Owner, and violation of WS TOS. I believe more will be reported after November. MOO

Was CW family not in attendance at the funeral? I feel like I've seen this asked but not confirmed. They seem to be very absent from everything. SW family seemed very involved with the girls, was CW family present/involved in their lives? I feel bad for CW family. They lost 3 grandchildren, the daughter in law and their son.

I haven’t had a chance to watch the video of the funeral. It was shocking to hear that FB posters acted up during the live stream and posted horrible messages in the chat. The funeral home has to delete all of that nastiness before posting the video toothier website.

What is the world coming to if people can’t control themselves at such a solemn time?!

This may have been previously discussed but I was surprised at the bare nature of the funeral.
Where are the flowers on the caskets? Why no eulogies? What’s with the plain white sheets on the little girls’ caskets?

It was pointed out to me that the Watts funeral followed very much the Roman Catholic tradition.
For non-Catholics (like me), it’s important to know that the Funeral Mass is not a “celebration of life.”

I have been to memorial services of Catholic friends where there were eulogies from family and friends but I realized that I had never been to a traditional Funeral Mass.

The Vigil and the Wake are times where people speak up and share nice memories of the departed not the Funeral Mass.

The covering with the cross on it that was on SW’s casket is called the “pall” and is meant to evoke
baptism. Perhaps the girls’ palls had something on top that wasn’t visible to me in the stills.

Flowers are not sent to the church but to the Vigil or family home.

You only partake of the communion during the Mass if you have been baptized into the Catholic Church.

What Every Catholic needs to know about funerals

Roman Catholic funeral

These things may be really obvious to WS Catholic members but for non-Catholics, I’ve heard
people complain, “This funeral couldn’t have cost $100,000 of the money??!!”

The funeral wasn't chintzy. It followed the dictates
of SW and her family's faith.

I hope that Shahann’s family is able to use the money collected to support themselves during the
trial which I’m sure is going to be very long. SW’s dad, brother and mother will have to miss a lot of work. They will have to stay in a hotel, buy meals, rent cars, etc.

Does CO have a victims’ fund that helps out families in situations like this?
Crime Victim Compensation
There is a Fund not sure if their state has one . I had wondered if LeVel or Andarko helped in anyway they all seemed deeply affected by this tragedy .

Was CW family not in attendance at the funeral? I feel like I've seen this asked but not confirmed. They seem to be very absent from everything. SW family seemed very involved with the girls, was CW family present/involved in their lives? I feel bad for CW family. They lost 3 grandchildren, the daughter in law and their son.

I'm not sure if they were there, but if they believe CW's story, maybe they weren't invited.

I have a question specifically for the divorce attorney in Colorado here!

@Bill... If either of them were seeing a divorce attorney before this happened, would the divorce attorney be allowed to come forward right now? I think I saw this in another case at one time but I cannot remember.

No, the attorney could not disclose any communications that would be covered by the attorney-client privilege.

The attorney-client privilege covers consultations with potential clients, and other situations where the attorney-client relationship is established. The privilege extends beyond the death of a client, so the fact that SW has died doesn't terminate the privilege. If either party had a consultation with a lawyer regarding divorce or actually retained a lawyer regarding a divorce, then all of the communications between the lawyer and the client would be confidential.

There are exceptions to the attorney-client privilege in Colorado that allow an attorney to reveal information related to the representation in certain specific situations, including the following situations: the extent the lawyer reasonably believes necessary: (1) to prevent reasonably certain death or substantial bodily harm; (2) to reveal the client's intention to commit a crime and the information necessary to prevent the crime; (3) to prevent the client from committing a fraud that is reasonably certain to result in substantial injury to the financial interests or property of another and in furtherance of which the client has used or is using the lawyer's services.

So for instance, if CW had gone to a lawyer and said, "I'm going to kill my wife and children this weekend," then the attorney would have the right to call the police. (This didn't happen as far as we know.)

I believe they were very involved based on videos of them visiting the children that were on SW’s SM. They seemed very loving & seemed to adore their precious granddaughters.
Have we confirmed they were not at the funeral? I have not read this.

I saw pictures of the graves and each grave had the traditional casket spray of flowers on top of the dirt. So the flowers just must not be used in a Catholic Service.

With the cost of flowers, do many people send funeral flowers? I went to a funeral last week of a very affluent person, and was surprised to see only the casket spray.
Here in the South in this heat, flowers just do not survive.
Flowers or plants had not been sent to family members either.

I'm drawing a complete blank on a video with Thrive bars. I remember someone else posting the wind video though. Do you have a post #?
Seattle1 thinks it was Valentine's Day.

SW was very downcast. No red lipstick. Not smiling.Seemed very tired. To me, it showed how hard selling really is. She needed to sell 9 bags. She was offering a free box of bars as an incentive. I think that Cinnamon Roll and Lemon Meringue bars were newly introduced.

SSW was an excellent sales person.

If our WS Thrive posters are here, can they tell me if Thrive supplies the extras that SW showed like the heart gift bags?

I liked her table display (conference? Sales event?)
where she had a St. Patrick’s plastic pot of gold filled w/ Thrive and gold coins and gold coins spread out on the table. I thought on of the most effect selling techniques was when SW had the Thrive items wrapped in red sparkly gift wrapped and read out on table. There was a sign that said something like “Why do you need Thrive?” The sparkly packages had w/ post it notes stuck to them that gave reasons why you needed Thrive diet aids like “ Fit into my old jeans,” “Lose the baby weight”, etc).

Does Thrive send you the decorations or did SW come up with these sales ideas and pay for the decorations?

No, the attorney could not disclose any communications that would be covered by the attorney-client privilege.

The attorney-client privilege covers consultations with potential clients, and other situations where the attorney-client relationship is established. The privilege extends beyond the death of a client, so the fact that SW has died doesn't terminate the privilege. If either party had a consultation with a lawyer regarding divorce or actually retained a lawyer regarding a divorce, then all of the communications between the lawyer and the client would be confidential.

There are exceptions to the attorney-client privilege in Colorado that allow an attorney to reveal information related to the representation in certain specific situations, including the following situations: the extent the lawyer reasonably believes necessary: (1) to prevent reasonably certain death or substantial bodily harm; (2) to reveal the client's intention to commit a crime and the information necessary to prevent the crime; (3) to prevent the client from committing a fraud that is reasonably certain to result in substantial injury to the financial interests or property of another and in furtherance of which the client has used or is using the lawyer's services.

So for instance, if CW had gone to a lawyer and said, "I'm going to kill my wife and children this weekend," then the attorney would have the right to call the police. (This didn't happen as far as we know.)

@dixiegirl1038,

As a follow up about the comment above, I found this article about the attorney's duty to keep client information confidential, even after death. I thought it might interest you.

When Law Prevents Righting a Wrong

I saw pictures of the graves and each grave had the traditional casket spray of flowers on top of the dirt. So the flowers just must not be used in a Catholic Service.

With the cost of flowers, do many people send funeral flowers? I went to a funeral last week of a very affluent person, and was surprised to see only the casket spray.

This was also stated:

“In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for memorial donations made in Shanann Watts' memory to the Lupus Foundation of America in Washington D.C.; the Frederick Police Department's missing persons division; or to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Online condolences can be made at bolesfuneralhome.com.“

Funeral service Saturday for Shanann Watts, daughters

Yea we do quilts,memorial throws , wind chimes , donations If requested by family and a lot of plants . I guess it’s a regional thing . Here we take food over for the family at their homes and give gift cards so they dont have to worry about cooking as well . When my friend passed away she was cremated . The funeral home rented a casket for the memorial to her family . Odd request IMO but they did it to keep tradition looking Funeral without people questioning her decision to be cremated .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers