Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it's really simple - CW was having an affair, SW got pregnant, he felt even more trapped and his resentment grew and grew. Everything about his life was SW's fault. He grew to hate her, hate his life; he wanted to be able live the single life again. His hateful thoughts turned to action and he killed them all and then he was relieved when it was over. (All IMO of course)

Another thought- do we have any idea what he did the night he got the babysitter?
BBM Not that I am aware of.

IMO it's really simple - CW was having an affair, SW got pregnant, he felt even more trapped and his resentment grew and grew. Everything about his life was SW's fault. He grew to hate her, hate his life; he wanted to be able live the single life again. His hateful thoughts turned to action and he killed them all and then he was relieved when it was over. (All IMO of course)

Another thought- do we have any idea what he did the night he got the babysitter?
I agree. He spent 5 weeks with no bossy wife and screaming kids. He liked that life IMO

@Trinket78 did something change when Shanann took girls to NC or were problems going on before? At least from SM it seemed like they were doing good for their San Diego trip, so did something happen during that or when she was away with girls that changed?
As far as changed for him? It could of started before the trip. I can’t be sure of that.

Hot date with AP? Could SW have tried to get in touch with him and he didn’t respond? Highly likely. That would piss her off.

That’s interesting... it’s actually the opposite for me... the videos have definitely improved my view of C.W. He appears to be involved and attentive and I see no reason at all to question that he genuinely loved those girls.

Doesn’t change anything overall for me, I guess... I know I don’t have enough information to have a clue about what actually happened, or how they got to that point.

The videos have improved my view of CW, too. FWIW

The logic they are employing is that the kids were sick so often that SW must have been responsible.

From there, they conclude that she had a pattern of harming the kids, so C.W.’s scenario of Shanann strangling them, is supported by her previous behavior of hurting her children.

It’s one giant leap, and IMO, an unbelievable scenario.
I haven't seen that leap made here. Clue me in....got a post number I can check out? tia

I did notice that he wasn't wearing the necklace that I had seen in many other photos and videos. Is there some significance behind the necklace (meaning related to SW and the kids)? Perhaps, it is a possibility that the accessories were damaged during whatever happened night/early morning.
Or perhaps he told he it was an actual divorce and during separation he met someone else he took everything off including ring . I would do the same

MOO

I think perspective is important. It's easy to get distracted by a theory, SM posts or watching videos, and get drawn in by the specificity. In the narrow perspective things may look logical and/or acceptable. However, there is a big picture and, in my opinion, it is best to keep it clearly in mind. It is also best to remember Occam's razor (see below).

CW CONFESSED to killing SW, which would include the unborn baby. Two killings (murders?)! By his own admission; HE IS A KILLER, and by his own admission; HE TOOK NO OTHER ACTION!

CW has given no indication that he tried to resuscitate, or help the girls in any way!

CW then had the opportunity to call for help. He did not call for help!

Instead;

CW took the bodies over forty miles away (an hour trip?) to a remote location. He placed the girls bodies in tanks of oil. Each in a separate tank. The most logical reason for this is to mask the small of decomposition and to destroy evidence. The most logical explanation for separate tanks is to avoid a volume disruption/increase that might be noticed by sensors. The most logical explanation for the girl's being wrapped in their blankets is to make handling them easier and to hide them while they are in the truck and being moved.

CW buried SW in a shallow grave at the same location. The most logical explanation is that the grave was temporary and he planned to return and move the body.

CW went to work without notifying anyone of what happened and made calls and texts to SW's phone to make it look as if she were still alive.

CW had the opportunity with NAU and LE to tell the truth. He lied! He lied repeatedly. He misled LE obstructing the investigation.

CW gave interviews, where and when, he repeatedly perpetuated the idea that SW, Cece, and Bella were still alive and missing. His behavior was odd, at best, and contrary to that of a concerned and/or grieving parent/spouse. At times he was happy, perhaps even gleeful.

CW's behavior was so odd when he stayed with friends, that they immediately contacted LE when he left.

CW had the opportunity to tell the truth to LE and help with finding the bodies, instead he delayed and bargained.

CW, after being caught in more lies, ADMITTED he was having an affair with a co-worker. He has admitted being an adulterer!

SM and Videos give a narrow and limited view and are open to interpretation. CW's words and actions are obvious and clear.

"Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation" - Wikipedia

It seems to me that we would be hearing a lot more about where a man who hired a sitter the day/night before he allegedly murdered his entire family went. AB would be all over that. Or maybe she has been and I missed it. I've only read that a neighbor's daughter babysat for them once but I still haven't found an article that she sat for them the day before the murders. If it's true I would like to know where he went and what he was doing, although I probably have a guess.

Trinket78.
I have gotten a feeling of Münchausen syndrome and or by proxy, am I wrong in thinking this?
This never crossed my mind, but SW did say that she lost a lot of friends because her diseases are outwardly invisible, yet she had a lot of physical complaints. People didn't believe her. Also, interesting that the mil didn't believe the girls' allergies.

So, tomorrow will mark one month since this horrific occurrence.

I’m thinking @isalybra and @trinket78 how surreal this must be for you guys... just less than a month ago you were living your normal daily lives—now you are here on some MAJOR crime forum speaking to people around the world on the internet about the murders of a family you knew! Can you imagine if last month somebody told you this is what you’d be doing next month?? Surreal, I’m sure...

Last edited:
This wasn't the first time CW looked after the girls on his own. There were at least two occasions according to SW FB when she went to Dallas and CW stayed home with the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay