Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know cw SAID he said he wanted to separate, and SAID they had an emotional conversation. From where do we know those are facts? Has some data just been released that proves he told her he wanted to separate, and not vice versa for example?
Yeah. He doesn’t exactly seem trustworthy to me. Lol.

Just wanted to add my 2cents, and that's about all it's worth. Myself personally would never tease or rib someone I wasn't fond of. In fact if I couldn't stand you we'd never have an interaction. Nasty or otherwise. I don't say jokingly mean things to people I don't like. But for me it's the culture I'm in, 97% men and from what I've seen in 30yrs it's how they bond.
Exactly. I would never bother to tease someone i didn't like, or someone i was indifferent to.

I don’t know all the ins and outs of bankruptcy, but if the Watts declared bankruptcy in 2015, would they be able to amass a high credit card debt again, so quickly afterwards? Wouldn’t they have to deal in cash for awhile? Or pay exorbitant interest rates and only allowed extremely low credit limits? Does anyone know?
That’s an excellent question. There are probably ways we could come up w/where that might happen but do we know for sure the credit card debt is current and not part of the recent bankrupcy. Where did we get the info on their credit card debt? it’s not the kind of info that would be available without pulling someone’s credit (illegal unless they give their permission) but could plausibly be part of the record in a bankrupcy case. TIA

We can all look at the videos, and we will likely reach different conclusions. All we can do is form an opinion on what things “appear to be” and not necessarily “what they are.”

Videos provide a snapshot, and don’t necessarily reflect reality. We can’t possibly know what is going on in the minds of the participants.

Let’s say Shanann was in fact bossy and belittling. Does that alone provide a motive? provide a justification? Indicate that C.W. is telling the truth?

I don’t think so.
Very well put. imo

Not an expert opinion---I think they will keep it under wraps until trial, and they may not even release all of it to the public then. In Colorado, you can keep an autopsy sealed if you can show that it is in the best interest of the public* to do so.

(* Some similar standard like that. You can find the specific language from google.)

It's my understanding from another case I followed, that if the family, parents specifically, get the autopsy results, they are allowed to release it. The legislation only disallows certain govt folks from releasing it, but once the family has it, they can release it. I'm trying to remember which case I followed that had to happen.

It's not like Florida with a sunshine laws for sure

ETA... I just realized I'm 6 Pages behind and Bill has already said that that has not passed... discount this post as I'm catching up on the thread

That’s an excellent question. There are probably ways we could come up w/where that might happen but do we know for sure the credit card debt is current and not part of the recent bankrupcy. Where did we get the info on their credit card debt? it’s not the kind of info that would be available without pulling someone’s credit (illegal unless they give their permission) but could plausibly be part of the record in a bankrupcy case. TIA

We have no evidence that they had current debt or financial issues. It was assumed based on their lifestyle & that their income couldn’t support it. I was one who originally believed that but I will now say I have no idea. We have no idea what her actual income was or his.

I wonder if it was an assigned work site CW was supposed to vidit that day. Does anybody know? His company truck had GPS and if he had to dispose of the bodies during work hours, he may have picked the most remote, legitimate place he could be working at for the disposal.
I'm behind so please forgive if this has been addressed. @Colorado303 if you are saying his pkp was fitted with gps.. which I have been fairly certain of... then yes.. it's highly likely that the site where he dumped the bodies would not have caused suspicion by the company as to him being there at that time.

Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'
Also in that same interview starting at 4:17 mark. CW says that they have an emotional conversation and "I will leave it at that". I wonder why CW feels that he has the right to say "I will leave it at that"? Seems a very self preserving comment to me . IMO
I also wonder why he gave the time as 4:00 that he had the conversation with his wife when he first talked to police. It just seems odd if she had been home for a couple of hours, that he specifically gives that as the time. Something significant must have occurred then for him to say it. Maybe that's when he killed them, then left shortly after to get rid of the bodies. It just seems odd that he didn't say, at 2:30, or soon after she came home. I would also think she would have been exhausted and wanted to go right to sleep at that hour. The video also confirms my initial belief that he originally confessed to killing all three because they describe the affidavit as being "newly released" , and that he changed his story after speaking to his father.

No. It would be great for LE if they were, but there has been nothing stated to that effect. I think it came from speculation on here.
i have asked that many times, imo it would make so much difference regarding preservation of evidence if it were true, and also to my mind it would slightly make me feel better if they hadn't had crude oil soaked into their poor little mouths, eyes, ears, and everywhere else. But i never said it was true that bags were used. Plus it would make a big difference what kind, if they were sealed, and if he even cared enough to try not to snag the bags when he stuffed his babies into those hatches.

I'm behind so please forgive if this has been addressed. @Colorado303 if you are saying his pkp was fitted with gps.. which I have been fairly certain of... then yes.. it's highly likely that the site where he dumped the bodies would not have caused suspicion by the company as to him being there at that time.
The only issue that I have is if he dumped the bodies before “checking in” to work. He’d likely have no reason to be there before the workday started. He also may not have had a reason to be at that particular site in general. We just don’t know.

We can all look at the videos, and we will likely reach different conclusions. All we can do is form an opinion on what things “appear to be” and not necessarily “what they are.”

Videos provide a snapshot, and don’t necessarily reflect reality. We can’t possibly know what is going on in the minds of the participants.

Let’s say Shanann was in fact bossy and belittling. Does that alone provide a motive? provide a justification? Indicate that C.W. is telling the truth?

I don’t think so.
The jury will look at videos and hear from witnesses. There are two children who are often on the videos and the focus of the videos. They deserve justice, too. JMO

Yes, and also may indicate that he already had the spot picked out in his mind. As opposed to thinking of it at the last minute, after he went into an uncontrollable rage. Jmo

We have no evidence that they had current debt or financial issues. It was assumed based on their lifestyle & that their income couldn’t support it. I was one who originally believed that but I will now say I have no idea. We have no idea what her actual income was or his.

We know CW and SW were being sued for financial reasons by their homeowners association. They were due in court on August 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans