Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We form our opinions based on our own personal experiences. My husband has never "ribbed" me in public nor have I done so to him in public. That's emotional abuse and not an act of love, imo. If SW was doing this on camera, I can't imagine what went on when the camera was turned off. I'm sure not surprised if either SW or CW wanted divorce. JMO

I disagree that it is 'emotional; abuse' to rib or tease someone. To me, it is humor and also a form of relationship communication. I rib my husband about his reckless driving because he hails from Boston and that's how they do it there. He teases me about my stubborn streak---jokes that I have to say NO the first 7 times until I finally agree on something he wants. It is not abuse, it is healthy communication, imo.

I disagree that it is 'emotional; abuse' to rib or tease someone. To me, it is humor and also a form of relationship communication. I rib my husband about his reckless driving because he hails from Boston and that's how they do it there. He teases me about my stubborn streak---jokes that I have to say NO the first 7 times until I finally agree on something he wants. It is not abuse, it is healthy communication, imo.
Haaaaa. He’s right. That is how we do it here.

It was me who commented about that back in thread 2, 3 or 4? I thought I had taken a screen shot but it turns out I didn’t. I think I narrowed down the time because someone posted something at 10:12 and at the time I looked at his twitter it showed he “liked” it at midnight. (I don’t recall the exact time but if that’s what my post said, it’s correct because I had just looked at his account. I’m not sure it means anything to me about the timing of the killings either way. I’m willing to wait for more info at this point because all of the theories are really just guessing based on the same info we had when I stopped posting in thread 6 and it’s been mostly off the rails, IMO.

That said, my best friend had a theory the day we talked about SW being missing that I initially disregarded but am willing to reconsider. This was before we found out they were all murdered. My best friend was in a marriage where I was concerned he would kill her during many periods of time over 23 years. Right off the bat, she said, mark my word, they’re all dead and that Chris was fuming over being left with the kids over the weekend and the flight delay gave him several more hours to work himself into a frenzy. She thinks his rage reached a point of no return and she also knew he had a girlfriend immediately. I was pretty sure about the girlfriend too and was sadly sure they were all dead at his hands but couldn’t wrap my head around something like a weekend away & a late flight causing a family massacre. Now that I’ve had a month of not finding any other explanation that clicks in my head, I’ve gone back to considering she’s right.
^^THIS!!^^ ITA!

We know CW and SW were being sued for financial reasons by their homeowners association. They were due in court on August 24.

Yes, over $1,400 (?) I believe. And I originally used that to form my opinion that they were financially over their head. But we don’t know why they were being sued or the reasons they didn’t pay. And that’s the only evidence we have of any financial difficulty. Look - my opinion is that there were probably financial issues only because there usually are when this happens. BUT, we really have no evidence of that

We know CW said he wanted to separate and they had an emotional conversation. Publicly humiliating a spouse or child is a form of emotional abuse and often does escalate to domestic violence. JMO
Emotional abuse in intimate relationships: The role of gender and age
There is no evidence that any emotional abuse occurred between this couple, and certainly not domestic violence until the day of the murder. That's what makes it so difficult for people who knew them to understand why this happened. Jmo

The only issue that I have is if he dumped the bodies before “checking in” to work. He’d likely have no reason to be there before the workday started. He also may not have had a reason to be at that particular site in general. We just don’t know.
You are most correct in saying we just don't know. That being said, without knowing his exact job description, but also knowing what I know about the oilfield, some of those guys don't have to "check in". They have certain well sites they check/service that are on their route.. but it's on an honor system of sorts. No time clock to punch. As long as they check the sites daily, there's no certain time they have to do it.
*posted in my experience with family members working in the oilfields..so imo
*edited for typos

@Colorado303 were you friends with CW on fb? If so did you notice when he deactivated or any insight into his fb posts?
I have a FB page but I only visit it sporadically. I’d seen a few of SW’s posts before she died but didn’t visit it much (I have nothing against Thrive but do find all those MLM mentions the typical MLM promoter makes on their pages gets old real quick). I had heard through the grapevine CW shut his page down while SW was in NC — before he went out to visit. At the time the story was he was tired of social media and wanted to take a break. Now I believe he did it to prevent the AP from knowing that he wasn’t separated from his wife.

Yes, over $1,400 (?) I believe. And I originally used that to form my opinion that they were financially over their head. But we don’t know why they were being sued or the reasons they didn’t pay. And that’s the only evidence we have of any financial difficulty. Look - my opinion is that there were probably financial issues only because there usually are when this happens. BUT, we really have no evidence of that
I know the bankruptcy was discussed at length. If I understand this correctly, the bankruptcy pertained to the CO home but they were able to still keep their home and property? In my country, when a person declares bankruptcy they lose the rights to their property and home to my understanding as I don't know first hand.
Often times, when a person declares bankruptcy it can lead to further debts and bankruptcies because of the lifestyle and financial management issues. Do we know other then the $1400 issue with the HOA, if their finances and debts were beginning to get out of hand again?

I personally don't see too much in the HOA dispute without knowing more details. A friend of mine had issues with an HOA at her previous home and nearly half the neighborhood refused to pay for a variety of reasons.

You are most correct in saying we just don't know. That being said, without knowing his exact job description, but also knowing what I know about the oilfield, some of those guys don't have to "check in". They have certain well sites they check/service that are on their route.. but it's on an honor system of sorts. No time clock to punch. As long as they check the sites daily, there's no certain time they have to do it.
*posted in my experience with family members working in the oilfields..so imo
*edited for typos

We also know he lied to the detective about where he went that morning and yet they found the location BEFORE he confessed. How did they know? It will be interesting to find out

I have a FB page but I only visit it sporadically. I’d seen a few of SW’s posts before she died but didn’t visit it much (I have nothing against Thrive but do find all those MLM mentions the typical MLM promoter makes on their pages gets old real quick). I had heard through the grapevine CW shut his page down while SW was in NC — before he went out to visit. At the time the story was he was tired of social media and wanted to take a break. Now I believe he did it to prevent the AP from knowing that he wasn’t separated from his wife.
Thank you Colorado303 - that is very informative and important details to this case.

I personally don't see too much in the HOA dispute without knowing more details. A friend of mine had issues with an HOA at her previous home and nearly half the neighborhood refused to pay for a variety of reasons.

Amen sister. I went through a battle after adopting a dog, the HOA decided to ban my breed of dog and started fining the hell out of me even while I was fighting with an attorney. It was a nightmare and very expensive.

That’s an excellent question. There are probably ways we could come up w/where that might happen but do we know for sure the credit card debt is current and not part of the recent bankrupcy. Where did we get the info on their credit card debt? it’s not the kind of info that would be available without pulling someone’s credit (illegal unless they give their permission) but could plausibly be part of the record in a bankrupcy case. TIA
I think it was in one of the news articles.

I know the bankruptcy was discussed at length. If I understand this correctly, the bankruptcy pertained to the CO home but they were able to still keep their home and property? In my country, when a person declares bankruptcy they lose the rights to their property and home to my understanding as I don't know first hand.
Often times, when a person declares bankruptcy it can lead to further debts and bankruptcies because of the lifestyle and financial management issues. Do we know other then the $1400 issue with the HOA, if their finances and debts were beginning to get out of hand again?

I'm only aware of the HOA financial situation. I don't believe anything else has come out regarding their current finances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214