Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that pending lawsuit from their Homeowner’s Assoc
I know someone west and a bit north of Frederick in a similar but older neighborhood. The HOA is getting out of control and many homeowners in the subdivision are not paying the dues in protest to the crazy demands and or fines placed on them by the HOA. I've wondered if something like that was happening in the Watt's subdivision, and then wondered if it could be something like the HOA promised free dues to homeowners to put up the with the new construction behind the Watt's house or the like? All my thoughts only.

NU said during her first recorded interview that she noticed the girls beds were left unmade, and that was unusual for SW. It seemed odd to me that she didn’t mention that she saw SW’s bed ripped apart. LE mentioned the bed ripped apart and bedding on the floor during the first day’s visit to the house. Then, the next day LE noticed the bedding in the kitchen trash. I think I’m reading that right. https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
NUA was in complete shock and worried sick those first few days. I believe 100% what she says she saw that day she actually did see. But I wouldn’t take her lack of mentioning something as an indication that it didn’t happen.

I think it's possible that he latched the door because he REALLY did not one anyone entering the house by chance for any reason. He locked up, planning to get home and stage the scene that evening. He could wait a while, call around, finish cleaning and staging and THEN start reporting his wife and kids missing. Her got gazumped and had to let the police in before he could get anything set up. JMO. Another question, if he is trying to get the life insurance on the children, is this a motive for saying SW killed them? Could he still collect, if she killed them and not him?
I agree with your thinking on the first part.

If life insurance were the motive, and he planned initially to implicate Shanann in this crime, then his subsequent actions don’t jibe with this.

He initially claimed he had no idea where she and the kids were. Then, when backed into a corner, he came up with the insane scenario of Shanann doing this.

If he really did this for life insurance, he would have likely staged the scene in order to sell that story. He wouldn’t have needed to hide the bodies. For this reason, I don’t think this was about insurance money, atleast directly.

I think it’s more likely they saw a text or something on CW’s phone, or maybe message sent in company email. (anadarko probably turned that stuff over volutarily like a hot potato). When Shanann walked in that house a final time, she may have suspected infidelity but I’m almost certain it was just a general suspicion if that. She had no confirmation there was an affair nor do I think she suspected a particular AP. What she may have found out in her final hours I can’t speak to, but sure wish I could.
Thank you Colorado303, I think you are correct and it goes hand in hand with what NU said (start time 1:49) in the interview whereby she stated that SW had "speculation" but didn't want to believe it.
Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'

JMO:
I do think CW killed SW first. She arrived home, they did have an emotional conversation. I wonder perhaps she becomes upset over the fact he informed her that he was done in the marriage. I don't think SW was abusive if she did have a reaction, she was probably stroppy (but that didn't make her a bad mother or wife or friend or person.)
She would have been mentally and physically tired. Maybe she said some stuff like. You can't leave, how will I cope with 3 kids! they will suffer without their dad here!
Everyone seems to insist she was the strong one in the relationship, but maybe that thought just terrified her.
He could have lost it, deciding that if she couldn't cope with 3 kids on her own, then he took that choice away from her totally and then carried on to the girls. I hope that makes sense.

I have a FB page but I only visit it sporadically. I’d seen a few of SW’s posts before she died but didn’t visit it much (I have nothing against Thrive but do find all those MLM mentions the typical MLM promoter makes on their pages gets old real quick). I had heard through the grapevine CW shut his page down while SW was in NC — before he went out to visit. At the time the story was he was tired of social media and wanted to take a break. Now I believe he did it to prevent the AP from knowing that he wasn’t separated from his wife.
Thanks very much for your information. Do you think CW saw the AP on a daily basis at work? It is beyond me how you can have an affair with a coworker and them not know your married unless CW lied told her he was separated and a divorce was coming. If SW didn’t get involved much with his employer such as work functions, showing up at CWs workplace unannounced, work parties, CW might have told SW company never had functions like holiday parties in order for her not to show up at his workplace. How convenient to have an affair with coworker. I wonder what she thought when she saw the news. CW might have contacted her first to soften the blow. I wonder what made SW think he might be having an affair. It sounds like CW was living two lives. This never ends well.

Thanks for being here! Do you feel that CW was passive/aggressive towards SW? Was he not the meek, quiet, shy, intoverted, doting father that he portrayed in the videos?
I never saw any signs of PA tendencies personally, and Shanann didn’t make a habit of complaining about CW. While a lot of woman vent to froends and family if they’re having relationship issues, she was more of a “let’s work together and try and fix it” type.

On the other hand, maybe he does.
If he had wanted the evidence to be preserved he could have called 911 and tried to save their lives, for example. The evidence would have been fresh, and if he was telling the truth he could have spent the rest of his life with his new girlfriend and had plenty of time to cultivate fashionable beard designs.

JMO:
I do think CW killed SW first. She arrived home, they did have an emotional conversation. I wonder perhaps she becomes upset over the fact he informed her that he was done in the marriage. I don't think SW was abusive if she did have a reaction, she was probably stroppy (but that didn't make her a bad mother or wife or friend or person.)
She would have been mentally and physically tired. Maybe she said some stuff like. You can't leave, how will I cope with 3 kids! they will suffer without their dad here!
Everyone seems to insist she was the strong one in the relationship, but maybe that thought just terrified her.
He could have lost it, deciding that if she couldn't cope with 3 kids on her own, then he took that choice away from her totally and then carried on to the girls. I hope that makes sense.
I think this is the most likely scenario.

I know someone west and a bit north of Frederick in a similar but older neighborhood. The HOA is getting out of control and many homeowners in the subdivision are not paying the dues in protest to the crazy demands and or fines placed on them by the HOA. I've wondered if something like that was happening in the Watt's subdivision, and then wondered if it could be something like the HOA promised free dues to homeowners to put up the with the new construction behind the Watt's house or the like? All my thoughts only.
zi don’t know but that’s a GREAT question and likely sleuthable. Has anyone tried to sleuth the HOA yet?

Just wanted to add my 2cents, and that's about all it's worth. Myself personally would never tease or rib someone I wasn't fond of. In fact if I couldn't stand you we'd never have an interaction. Nasty or otherwise. I don't say jokingly mean things to people I don't like. But for me it's the culture I'm in, 97% men and from what I've seen in 30yrs it's how they bond.

I grew up with a sarcastic, Irish family and it can appear to be vicious. My college boyfriend told us how screwed up we were after what I and my siblings considered fun ribbing over a game of Monopoly. Its taken a lot of years and actually don’t like it anymore and know sarcasm can be a funny weapon. That said, I see nothing mean in that video which verifies how ingrained it is in me! I respect & envy having a relationship that is so kind and nice. Will you adopt me, please??

If he had wanted the evidence to be preserved he could have called 911 and tried to save their lives, for example. The evidence would have been fresh, and if he was telling the truth he could have spent the rest of his life with his new girlfriend and had plenty of time to cultivate fashionable beard designs.

Ok

My grandfather used to make the "yapping" motion with his hand behind my grandmother whenever she started with one of her long stories. Her nickname for him was "animal" which she called him in public in Italian. They were married 65 years.
Mine are the same way. I frequently reference Marie and Frank from “Everybody Loves Raymond” to describe their relationship.

I never saw any signs of PA tendencies personally, and Shanann didn’t make a habit of complaining about CW. While a lot of woman vent to froends and family if they’re having relationship issues, she was more of a “let’s work together and try and fix it” type.
Thanks Colorado303 for that insight. That notion that SW was all about "let's work together and try and fix it" type makes me absolutely think that it was CW who launched a bomb on SW that morning and said he wanted out of their marriage on no uncertain terms and not SW wanting to leave CW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange