Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced that he planned to put the girls in the tanks. IMO, he could have very well planned to put them all in the shallow grave, but with the ground being so hard and his time being so limited, ran out of time (and maybe energy) to dig the hole big/deep enough and put the girls in the tank out of perceived necessity.
It makes no sense to drive that far if all he intended to do was dig a single grave. He had miles of remote space to choose from before he reached that worksite. I think where they were was a reflection of both panic and that he had to be on time for work.
I’ve thought it may have been a passing thought he had when working out in those oil fields, “If I ever murder someone, I bet if I dumped their body in one of those tanks, they’d never be found.”
CW had to know those tanks had sensors on them and were being monitored 24/7. An adult body would add a lot of volume, imo

I keep wondering if the prosecution will focus on the oil tanks and forensics in this case or look at other emotional aspects. In the Jodi Arias case, the prosecutor went after the gas can receipts and proved that TA's murder was premeditated by JA. Its going to be a visceral trial to watch.

And how long does it normally take for a case like this to come to trial in CO?????? Anyone got some idea??
Yes, the gas cans evidence was the one and only incontrovertible evidence that Arias couldn't lie herself out of. The prosecutor's gas can strategy was magical.

For this case, I think there will be, not one, but numerous evidence pointing to premeditation.

Arias carefully planned and is a clever liar. CW poorly planned and is not as clever.

Further to the question on whether the sheet found near SW body was a fitted sheet or not. In the arrest affidavit it states "investigators spotted a bed sheet in the field near the tank battery. The sheet matched the pattern of several pillow cases and a top sheet recovered from a kitchen trash can"
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...18CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

IMO, because sheet sets come with a fitted sheet, a top sheet and pillow cases then the conclusion can only be that the spotted bed sheet in the field was a fitted sheet if the top sheet and several pillow cases were recovered in the kitchen trash can.
I can also suggest that SW and CW looked to have a king size bed thereby several pillow cases would correspond with a king size sheet set.
I can find the SW Facebook video that shows the king size bed.

Yes, the gas cans evidence was the one and only incontrovertible evidence that Arias couldn't lie herself out of. The prosecutor's gas can strategy was magical.

For this case, I think there will be, not one, but numerous evidence pointing to premeditation.

Arias carefully planned and is clever liar. CW poorly planned and is not as clever.
Luckily JA aka "Einstein" got her butt handed to her.

Further to the question on whether the sheet found near SW body was a fitted sheet or not. In the arrest affidavit it states "investigators spotted a bed sheet in the field near the tank battery. The sheet matched the pattern of several pillow cases and a top sheet recovered from a kitchen trash can"
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

IMO, because sheet sets come with a fitted sheet, a top sheet and pillow cases then the conclusion can only be that the spotted bed sheet in the field was a fitted sheet if the top sheet and several pillow cases were recovered in the kitchen trash can.
I can also suggest that SW and CW looked to have a king size bed thereby several pillow cases would correspond with a king size sheet set.
I can find the SW Facebook video that shows the king size bed.
I imagine a fitted sheet would be easier to pull a body in.

Re: the sheets are making me crazy! So LE entered on Monday am and said no sign of foul play on the sheets even tho they were on the floor and some were in the garbage and apparently one or more were missing?

I assume they were looking for blood and none was seen and they didn’t question why there was a pile on the floor and in the trash? Maybe they didn’t know at that point SW was OCD and no sheet would ever be on the floor? And they didn’t notice missing sheets to the sets?

I know a lot of people have really messy homes ... so a few piles don’t signify anything wrong but missing sheets may have.

Same here... master room bedsheets laying on the floor is on the AF. At the bottom, it reads that bedsheet found near tank matched the pattern of bedsheets and pillowcases disposed on the kitchen trash can. A bit confusing.

EBM: to correct typo

Re: the sheets are making me crazy! So LE entered on Monday am and said no sign of foul play on the sheets even tho they were on the floor and some were in the garbage and apparently one or more were missing?

I assume they were looking for blood and none was seen and they didn’t question why there was a pile on the floor and in the trash? Maybe they didn’t know at that point SW was OCD and no sheet would ever be on the floor? And they didn’t notice missing sheets to the sets?

I know a lot of people have really messy homes ... so a few piles don’t signify anything wrong but missing sheets may have.

I think the discarded sheets did raise LE suspicions and that's why they were back again the next morning at 7am before trash was picked up. JMO

It makes no sense to drive that far if all he intended to do was dig a single grave. He had miles of remote space to choose from before he reached that worksite. I think where they were was a reflection of both panic and that he had to be on time for work.

CW had to know those tanks had sensors on them and were being monitored 24/7. An adult body would add a lot of volume, imo
He also passed several drilling sites and other empty fields in his way to that particular site, I wonder if that was just the farthest non operational site he could think of?

Welcome to WS
balloons-smiley.gif

I'm kind of with you on that. I mean I will admit that sometimes kids have subconscious feelings that they act out in play. That's possible that they sensed something.

But I do not believe it is likely they were abused prior to the murders, or that he was practicing on them. And kids do odd things all the time. Then sometimes parents post those things because they seem so bizarre.

There are whole Rediit threads about creepy things little kids have said or done. Like:

"I was tucking in my two year old. He said "Good bye dad." I said, "No, we say good night." He said "I know. But this time its good bye."
Had to check on him a few times to make sure he was still there."

"Daddy sleep" then pushing my head underwater at the pool."

"I jokingly asked: "What's the best way to get a girlfriend?"
7-year-old's response: "Tell her to be my girlfriend or she'll never see her parents again."

"I work in a preschool. Creepy **** gets said and done all the time. The one that sticks out to me happened last year. There is a small kitchenette area in our classroom that the kids use during free time for playing house or whatever pretend games they think up. There was one little girl that I was keeping a close eye on, mostly because of how withdrawn from the other kids she was. I noticed she was playing with a babydoll in the kitchenette, rocking it back and forth and singing to it.
She then took the baby, shoved it into the play oven and slammed the door shut. She turned around, looked straight at me, and said, "Sometimes bad babies go in timeout" in the creepiest little girl voice I've ever heard before smiling and running off. That one kind of shook me."

The thing is, it's the coincidence and timing of this photo that's creeping people out. Hard to not see something sinister in retrospect. But my feeling is it is likely just a coincidence.
Love this post and really appreciate you hunting down the quotes. It’s not hard to imagine the kids doing this for any number of completely innocent reasons. No matter how it happened, it was a bit creepy when it was posted, but I think that’s what Shanann thought made it funny too. IF on the other hand CW did it to scare SW, I’m afraid he failed miserably. If he was still tracking SW’s posts her light-hearted response must have been a huge disappointment to him.

Last edited:
Or @Colorado303
I asked before, but I’m not sure if you saw it. Don’t mean to hound! Don’t answer if you don’t want to! Did you know anything about their financial status? Were they able to stabilize their financial situation? Did you know about the bankruptcy? Do you have any idea how much SW actually made from selling Thrive? They seemed to have enough money in the end to go out to dinner with friends, go to concerts, throw parties, and SW looks like she was spending some on professional nail salons, clothes, and makeup. It seems like they had nice things around their house, and all the latest gadgets, cell phones, Alexa, an iPad. It doesn’t look to me like they were broke, but then there was that pending lawsuit from their Homeowner’s Assoc.

I’m butting in, here, sorry. In my real life, I’m very close to a woman who makes a TON of money at a prestigious job and always has hair and makeup newest everything, and just the whole enchilada. She lives paycheck to paycheck. Her life is a mess. But it sure looks good on FB. Knew another who died suddenly and was in six-figure debt with two mortgages on their house. Everyone assumed their children inherited a lot of money. No. They inherited zero. These people really want to portray themselves as even more prosperous than they already are.

Conversely, I know a legit heiress who is quietly taking the reins of the family business. You would never know; she looks like she’s about to paddle a canoe. I almost fell over when a mutual friend told me who her family is. If anything, she tries to hide it.

Edit: You never know, and the more people proclaim, the more you should doubt.

I realize this has been discussed at length about the baby monitor but this SW Facebook video shows is the baby monitor is on SW's night stand and it looks to intermittently switch between the girls rooms without needing to be manually switched by a person. Starts at 3:24 Based on the monitor in the video there is no possible way a person could tell if a child was blue. IMO
Shanann Watts

Interesting comment by SW to CW at 4:07
"You're not very helpful Chris"

Last edited by a moderator:
He also passed several drilling sites and other empty fields in his way to that particular site, I wonder if that was just the farthest non operational site he could think of?
I wonder if it was an assigned work site CW was supposed to vidit that day. Does anybody know? His company truck had GPS and if he had to dispose of the bodies during work hours, he may have picked the most remote, legitimate place he could be working at for the disposal.

In 1990 we had a large Alaskan Crude oil spill near me in Huntington Beach. People volunteered to help get the thick oil off the marine life such as seagulls, pelicans, etc it was not an easy job. Many birds died.

It must have been a difficult job to get all that thick crude oil off those sweet little Angels. How morbid to even think of putting your little girls in there.

An oil tanker punctured by its own anchor spilled some 400,000 gallons of crude oil into the ocean off the beaches of Huntington Beach in Southern California in February 1990.

The spill killed about 1,000 birds and shut down some 15 miles of beaches on the coast for three weeks, the state’s attorney general said in a 1999 announcement of a $16 million settlement with the company, Attransco.

Cleanup costs had reached as high as $35 million.

Fate of Oiled Wildlife 25 Years Later

I’m butting in, here, sorry. In my real life, I’m very close to a woman who makes a TON of money at a prestigious job and always has hair and makeup newest everything, and just the whole enchilada. She lives paycheck to paycheck. Her life is a mess. But it sure looks good on FB. Knew another who died suddenly and was in six-figure debt with two mortgages on their house. Everyone assumed their children inherited a lot of money. No. They inherited zero. These people really want to portray themselves as even more prosperous than they already are.

Conversely, I know a legit heiress who is quietly taking the reins of the family business. You would never know; she looks like she’s about to paddle a canoe. I almost fell over when a mutual friend told me who her family is. If anything, she tries to hide it.

Edit: You never know, and the more people proclaim, the more you should doubt.
This is especially true when a person has a vested interest in what their appearance is. Shanann used Facebook to promote her business, and in order to convince people to buy what she was selling, they had to want what she appeared to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13